PDA

View Full Version : Football KC Brigade

Titty Meat
02-27-2010, 03:16 AM
I see the Arena League is back this year howcome they didn't keep the Brigade? They had one of the newer arenas and good attendance?

Silock
02-27-2010, 05:29 AM
Because the Brigade sucked donkey nuts. I had season tickets for a couple of years, but man... it was worse than Chiefs football.

-King-
02-27-2010, 09:46 AM
It might be back in the future. I think this year they're just bringing back 14 teams.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mojo Jojo
02-27-2010, 10:09 AM
Because they didn't have good attendance...they lost a lot of money, and ownership was shaky at best. KC owners never finished paying for the team when they moved from New Orleans.

SnakeXJones
02-27-2010, 11:15 AM
What I am hearing they will be back in 2011 most likely

58kcfan89
02-27-2010, 12:54 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/2/17/1314670/kansas-city-may-still-see-football?ref=CBS&source=rss_teams_Kansas_City_Chiefs

I hope they come back, I've always loved the Arena League and need to get to a game sometime.

Titty Meat
02-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Because the Brigade sucked donkey nuts. I had season tickets for a couple of years, but man... it was worse than Chiefs football.

Atleast the Brigade made the playoffs ROFL

Valiant
02-27-2010, 01:13 PM
The Brigade were horribly ran.. Hopefully if KC does get a team back it is not led by Neil Smith nor that stupid name..

POND_OF_RED
02-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Atleast the Brigade made the playoffs ROFL

Didn't like 80% of the teams make the playoffs in the Arena League? I don't really follow it but I think I remember the Brigade having a horrible record and still making the playoffs.

The Chief
02-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Didn't like 80% of the teams make the playoffs in the Arena League? I don't really follow it but I think I remember the Brigade having a horrible record and still making the playoffs.

Kinda like the NBA. Teams with losing records should not be in the playoffs.

Farzin
02-27-2010, 02:44 PM
I'd love to see them come back in 2011, but I hope the Sprint Center gets an NBA or NHL team in the Sprint Center. The city is still waiting patiently.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-27-2010, 03:55 PM
I'm starting to really get in to basketball and I wish KC would get a franchise.

Titty Meat
02-27-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm starting to really get in to basketball and I wish KC would get a franchise.

Me too though I'm also getting into hockey which is more fun to watch in person.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Me too though I'm also getting into hockey which is more fun to watch in person.

Meh, I just cheer for Detroit and call it good. Great franchise.

Basketball would be HUGE for KC.

Farzin
02-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Basketball would be HUGE for KC.

I hear this whole "The NBA and Kansas City don't mix together," comment. Obviously from people outside of KC such as podcasters, bloggers, and reporters from various media outlets. I'm not sure if anyone has heard this comment, or anything similar, but I don't quite get why people feel the two don't "mix."

The local Big XII fans have loved basketball forever. Not sure why the NBA would be any different.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-27-2010, 04:15 PM
I hear this whole "The NBA and Kansas City don't mix together," comment. Obviously from people outside of KC such as podcasters, bloggers, and reporters from various media outlets. I'm not sure if anyone has heard this comment, or anything similar, but I don't quite get why people feel the two don't "mix."

The local Big XII fans have loved basketball forever. Not sure why the NBA would be any different.

And the fact that Sprint Center is accessible by bus to the urban community certainly wouldn't help attendance at all.

Mojo Jojo
02-27-2010, 04:44 PM

Price, Price and Price. Besides local BBall fans already have someone to root for KU/MU/KSU.

Mojo Jojo
02-27-2010, 04:45 PM
And the fact that Sprint Center is accessible by bus to the urban community certainly wouldn't help attendance at all.

The Urban core can't afford the NBA.

Mojo Jojo
02-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Rumor is that the Thrashers lease is up in Atlanta in two years and they want a new arena or will move. Please welcome your KC Thrashers.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-27-2010, 04:54 PM
The Urban core can't afford the NBA.

They can afford more than you think, dumbass. Ever hear of non-sanctioned trading?

CHENZ A!
02-27-2010, 06:08 PM
I'd rather have NBA for sure, but won't be mad at NHL. Brigade games were fun to go get drunk at.

BWillie
02-27-2010, 06:40 PM
I'd rather have NBA for sure, but won't be mad at NHL. Brigade games were fun to go get drunk at.

I don't want the NHL. I'm sorry. I just don't care. I can go to Independence to watch that hockey team. I'm not going to tell the difference eitherway. Not like there are alot of NHL fans in KC. And it's cheaper to. While there probably aren't alot of die hard NBA fans in KC, there are alot of casuals and the NBA would draw interest.

Titty Meat
02-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Rumor is that the Thrashers lease is up in Atlanta in two years and they want a new arena or will move. Please welcome your KC Thrashers.

Whered you hear that at? Phillips arena isn't even 10 years old.

Spott
02-27-2010, 06:53 PM
I saw the Brigade play down in Orlando in their first year. The AFL comes off as a cross between football and professional wrestling.

Mojo Jojo
02-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Whered you hear that at? Phillips arena isn't even 10 years old.

At meetings last week in Atlanta. One of our clients sponsors the Thrashers and the Hawks. Thrashers want to be the number one team in a building, not being number two behind the Hawks.