PDA

View Full Version : Clay Harbor

Ralphy Boy
02-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Pulling for the local kid. Missouri State TE, ran an unofficial 4.68 40 and had 30 reps of 225, which was the most of any TE. Wanted to see KC get him if he went undrafted, but was afraid he'd be a 6th or 7th. Now he could go as high as round 5 according to CDSDraft.com (http://cdsdraft.com/profile.php?id=4701).

Ralphy Boy
02-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Official 40 time of 4.69 was tied for 4th among TE's. Was 2nd with a 40" vertical, which was 5" higher than Jermaine Gresham. Had a 10' long jump, which was 3rd. 20-yard shuttle 4.37, which was 5th.

BossChief
02-28-2010, 03:40 PM
want that the name of the qb from varsity blues? Im probably way off.

My boy is Tony Moeaki.

He will be the steal of the draft.

Ralphy Boy
02-28-2010, 08:26 PM
want that the name of the qb from varsity blues? Im probably way off.

My boy is Tony Moeaki.

Lance Harbor was the Varsity Blues QB that got injured. Replaced by Jonathan "Mox" Moxon

Ralphy Boy
03-03-2010, 07:12 PM
http://cdsdraft.com/profile.php?id=4701

Clay Harbor
Last Updated: December 19th, 2009
Managed By: Erik Sandelin
School Southwest Missouri
Height 6 ' 3.0 "
Weight 245 lbs.
Speed 4.69 ( Unofficial )

Graduation Year 2010
Birth Date 7/2/1987
Jersey # 84
Current Position TE
Projected Position TE
CDS Projected 2010 NFL Draft Round 5

Overview
Had an amazing senior season for the Bears, racking up the most receiving yards of any FCS TE in the country, while amassing 59-749, 4 TDs.
Strengths
Elite pass catcher with very good hands. Fast. Smart and very articulate. Football smart and will gobble a playbook. Good separation quickness and can really find the seams in a defense. Gives solid effort when asked to block. Just enough size and speed to be used as a move TE. Can also be looked at as a FB or H-back. Has even played safety in the past. Very productive in college. Very good ups (37"). Strong (benches 460, squats 570.) Would blow up the combine if he gets invited.
Weaknesses
Smallish for an NFL TE, and may suffer when asked to run block on a consistent basis. Does not possess the type of speed that will stretch NFL defenses the way he was able to do that in college. Marginal overall package for the pro game. Lacks growth potential and upside.
Projection
5-7th rounder, unless a small-school bias snares him.

Ralphy Boy
03-03-2010, 07:16 PM
2010 NFL Draft: Tight End Rankings (http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2010TE.php)

Clay Harbor, Missouri State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 252.
Projected 40 Time: 4.71.
Combine 40 Time: 4.69.
Benchx225: 30. Vertical: 40. Arm: 32 5/8.
Projected Round (2010): 5-6.
1/21/10: An H-back prospect, Clay Harbor notched 59 catches for 729 yards and four scores.

2/8/09: Thanks to 40 receptions and 457 yards, Clay Harbor was voted to the Division 1-AA All-America Second Team.

7/27/08: Clay Harbor was on the All-Division I-AA third team, as he caught 45 passes for 647 yards and three touchdowns as a sophomore.

Ralphy Boy
03-20-2010, 01:46 PM
I'm glad to see the Chiefs are showing some actual interest in him.

KC's director of College Scouting, Phil Emery, was in attendance at Missouri State's Pro Day yesterday. So were the Browns, Bears, Falcons, Eagles, 49ers, Broncos, Panthers & Broncos.

From ArrowheadPride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/3/19/1381385/chiefs-director-of-college)

Missouri State held a first Friday at the Plaster Sports Complex.

A pro day to show off the talents of all-America tight end Clay Harbor.

Harbor is one of the top tight ends in next month's NFL draft.

He took part in the combine a few weeks ago.

Teammate Mike Daniels and players from SBU and Washburn also took part.

Scouts from the Chiefs and a handful of other teams kept a keen eye on the players.

Clay Harbor/All-America Tight End:"It's a great day out here. The weather was perfect, that was one of the first things I was concerned about. The tests went well, I improved on everything from the combine. I got my 40 down in the 4.5's where I thought it should be. I improved on my L drill, my 5 10 5 drill and caught the ball well. The scouts had some good things to say."

Link (http://ozarksfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=246322)

talastan
03-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Head of Scouting at the MSU pro day? :hmmm: Smokescreen maybe, or are we really looking into this kid?

aturnis
03-21-2010, 12:51 AM
My boy is Tony Moeaki.

Overrated here in Iowa. He's always injured and I can't for the life of me figure out all the Tony G. comparisons. Not to mention Ferentz saying he's the best TE he's ever coached. Trying to help his draft stock? Dallas Clark is way more clutch than Moeaki. Moeaki always let me down.

spanky 52
03-21-2010, 06:25 AM
Is Moeaki another Brad Cottam? Ton's of potential and ability but can't stay healthy. Hope the Chief's knew what they were doing when they traded a 7th rd pick last year for O'Connell, but have my doubts.

Mr. Laz
03-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Height: 6-3. Weight: 252

at that size he might end up being more of an H-Back/slot type guy

Ralphy Boy
03-24-2010, 01:30 PM

I posted this in another thread:
Yeah I figured as much, but there are a lot that are 6'3" or under.
Manumaleuna, Desmond Clark, Ben Watson, Daniel Graham, Owen Daniels, Dallas Clark, Jake O'Connell, Kleinsasser, David Thomas, Dustin Keller, Vernon Davis, Randy McMichael, Alge Crumpler, Bo Scaife & Chris Cooley.

I realize that some of those are already considered H-backs, but most aren't.

Fasano, Winslow & Shiancoe and several others are only 6'4.

Bottom line is the guy is a hell of a receiver but because he comes from a piss ant school, he's getting less pub than he should. He was a beast at the combine and did pretty well at the post season games, so he's rising.

I just really hope we get him. I know the Rams are pretty high on him.

ChiefsCountry
03-24-2010, 02:46 PM

He looks like Bowe when he is playing. But he has the body type to put on weight.