PDA

View Full Version : Terrence Cody slims down to 354

Quesadilla Joe
02-28-2010, 06:29 AM
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 28, 2010 6:49 AM ET

When we last mentioned former Alabama defensive tackle Terrence Cody, he was weighing in at 370 pounds at the Senior Bowl.

He's been losing weight at a rate of half a pound a day since then.

Cody weighed in at 354 pounds on Saturday, a weight that doesn't exactly make him svelte, but does indicate that he's been taking his diet and conditioning seriously over the last month.

Gil Brandt, the longtime VP of player personnel for the Cowboys who now analyzes the draft for NFL.com, thinks teams are going to move Cody up on their draft boards as a result of his weigh-in.

"Terrence Cody just made himself lots of money. I'll tell you what. It's a seven-figure number," Brandt said. "The Brinks truck just stopped at his house."
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/28/terrence-cody-slims-down-to-354/

You just watch. The Chiefs are gonna draft him in the top 5.:)

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-28-2010, 06:38 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/28/terrence-cody-slims-down-to-354/

You just watch. The Chiefs are gonna draft him in the top 5.:)

No they're not. Neg Rep!

RealSNR
02-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Eh, go suck Robert Ayers' cock.

BossChief
02-28-2010, 01:50 PM
More like he may have climbed up to #10/11 going to Denver

KCrockaholic
02-28-2010, 08:56 PM
He will be available for the Chiefs 2A pick :) Just where we want him, while Denver reaches for NT Dan Williams, because their first Dan Williams didn't turn out very well.

Ebolapox
02-28-2010, 09:01 PM
He will be available for the Chiefs 2A pick :) Just where we want him, while Denver reaches for NT Dan Williams, because their first Dan Williams didn't turn out very well.

psst. let's not compare how dan williams went for EITHER of our teams, eh? remember, he was a chief as well and after one good season and a franchise tag/sitting out a whole season, it didn't end well for us either.

KCrockaholic
02-28-2010, 09:02 PM
psst. let's not compare how dan williams went for EITHER of our teams, eh? remember, he was a chief as well and after one good season and a franchise tag/sitting out a whole season, it didn't end well for us either.

Yeah, yeah. I know. I just tried to ignore that and focus on his sucky Donk career :)

Gadzooks
02-28-2010, 10:26 PM
This proves he has the self discipline to regulate his weight and will allow him to run a sub 10 second 40 but I don’t think it will make a huge difference in his ranking.
350 is still enormous (which isn’t a bad thing), and I still see him going in the late first early second.
It would have been a red flag had he shown up at 400 lbs+ .

milkman
02-28-2010, 10:35 PM
This proves he has the self discipline to regulate his weight and will allow him to run a sub 10 second 40 but I don’t think it will make a huge difference in his ranking.
350 is still enormous (which isn’t a bad thing), and I still see him going in the late first early second.

If he runs a sub 9, watch out.

KCrockaholic
02-28-2010, 11:42 PM
On a serious note, who knows, besides Rich Eisen, is the slowest 40 time at the combine of all time? Just curious.

Saccopoo
03-01-2010, 01:00 AM

The thing is, he's not like Wilfork or Hampton who played around three bill in college and have had to dine at the all you can eat Oktoberfest buffet nightly to get to what they are today. Cody's frame is absolutely enormous, and he'll benefit from a strict weight training regime and the longer conditioning of the NFL season. (Depending upon the team and his desire.) He is pretty athletic for his size and does have excellent power and leverage on the field, at least at the collegiate level. Once everything is said and done, I can see him playing around 380 or so in three or four years and be utterly immovable. However, you've got to worry about guys like that. Their mass makes them susceptible to fatigue and they can burn themselves out quickly, e.g. Haynesworth, Rogers, Jenkins. There are very few guys like Ted Washington - ever.

DumbHillbillies
03-01-2010, 02:18 AM
26 pounds in 4 weeks not too bad. I thought he could get around there if he was to show commitment. Not the 40 lbs he said he would lose after the senior bowl but 354 seems like a more natural weight loss.

Mecca
03-01-2010, 03:00 AM
354 is probably his playing weight so it's not that big of a deal.

Brock
03-01-2010, 10:10 AM
A guy like that should be able to lose 15 pounds in a week easily. Acting like this is a big deal is funny.

KCUnited
03-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Shows he may good during a contract year.

Chiefshrink
03-01-2010, 10:55 AM

And has the "HUGE" possibility to go right back up to 400 once he gets his $$$$$:shake:

Sofa King
03-01-2010, 11:29 AM
And has the "HUGE" possibility to go right back up to 400 once he gets his $$$$$:shake:

http://www.bay-area-sports-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/jamarcus-russell.jpg

Chiefshrink
03-01-2010, 11:44 AM
http://www.bay-area-sports-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/jamarcus-russell.jpg

Right on!!ROFL:clap:ROFL:clap:

Chiefnj2
03-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Rich Eisen may finally be able to beat a prospect in the 40. 5.70 average.

Mecca
03-01-2010, 04:30 PM
The difference is Russell is a QB, Cody plays a position that requires being fat.

Coogs
03-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Don't know if this is posted anywhere yet, and I don't have a link for it either, but I believe they said on the NFLNetwork Combine Show that Cody benched 44 reps.

Tribal Warfare
03-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Don't know if this is posted anywhere yet, and I don't have a link for it either, but I believe they said on the NFLNetwork Combine Show that Cody benched 44 reps.

with a 34 1/2 inch reach to boot

-King-
03-01-2010, 10:51 PM

Huh?

Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh put up 32 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press Sunday at the Combine.
Suh bettered Oklahoma's Gerald McCoy (23). Though Suh was much more productive in college, McCoy is considered the superior pass rusher. Other notable bench press totals: Michigan DE Brandon Graham (31), Ohio State DE/OLB Thaddeus Gibson (32), and USC DE Everson Griffen (32). Alabama NT Terrence Cody and Georgia Tech DE Derrick Morgan decided not to lift. Feb. 28 - 4:52 pm et
Source: NFL.com

Tribal Warfare
03-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Huh?

Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh put up 32 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press Sunday at the Combine.
Suh bettered Oklahoma's Gerald McCoy (23). Though Suh was much more productive in college, McCoy is considered the superior pass rusher. Other notable bench press totals: Michigan DE Brandon Graham (31), Ohio State DE/OLB Thaddeus Gibson (32), and USC DE Everson Griffen (32). Alabama NT Terrence Cody and Georgia Tech DE Derrick Morgan decided not to lift. Feb. 28 - 4:52 pm et
Source: NFL.com

Well, it was on All-Access with Jaime Dukes stating it.

-King-
03-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Well, it was on All-Access with Jaime Dukes stating it.

Oh ok, must have been talking about another workout.

Easy 6
03-02-2010, 12:06 AM
I DO NOT WANT CODY. I DO NOT CARE WHAT IS SAID.

Every picture i see of him is worse than the last... he WILL be pushed all over the park in the NFL IMO, his swollen belly & moobs make a young Ted Washington look like Tom Platz.

College ball heroics or not, his strength & stamina against NFL competition isnt going to match up until when/if he works ridiculously hard & muscles waaay up.

I smell a Turdell...

Danman
03-02-2010, 08:27 AM
I DO NOT WANT CODY. I DO NOT CARE WHAT IS SAID.

Every picture i see of him is worse than the last... he WILL be pushed all over the park in the NFL IMO, his swollen belly & moobs make a young Ted Washington look like Tom Platz.

College ball heroics or not, his strength & stamina against NFL competition isnt going to match up until when/if he works ridiculously hard & muscles waaay up.

He's actually very athletic for his size. He's exactly what we need in a NT. He'll take up space and occupy blockers and occasionally will make a play that has you thinking how did such a big guy do that?

Chiefnj2
03-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Didn't Cody say that he could do a backflip when he was in the 350lb range? That would be a great youtube video.