PDA

View Full Version : Sean Weatherspoon is the best linebacker in this class

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2010, 01:49 PM
3 years as a starter. Great production. Team leader. Schematic versatility. Power (34 reps) Speed (4.57) and he has an infectious personality.

He also wasn't afraid of performing drills like some of the other "top" LBs like McClain and Spikes.

talastan
03-01-2010, 01:52 PM
I have to say that I'm very dissapointed that McClain decided not to workout. I wonder if there are any medical issues....As for Weatherspoon I wouldn't mind picking him up with one of our seconds, though I doubt he'll fall that far in the draft.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2010, 01:54 PM
McClain had a "hamstring" injury.

Just like Spikes, he's afraid of exposing his lack of speed.

BossChief
03-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Ive been impressed with Spoon and he may have gotten himself into the late teens to early 20s.

Very impressive prospect.

</post>
03-01-2010, 01:59 PM
3 years as a starter. Great production. Team leader. Schematic versatility. Power (34 reps) Speed (4.57) and he has an infectious personality.

He also wasn't afraid of performing drills like some of the other "top" LBs like McClain and Spikes.

I agree.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Spikes just did the agility drill, but wouldn't run.

DrRyan
03-01-2010, 02:32 PM
I agree he is a stud. I think Kindle could end up the best LB though. But I like Weatherspoon versatility personally.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2010, 02:34 PM
I agree he is a stud. I think Kindle could end up the best LB though. But I like Weatherspoon versatility personally.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rushbacker does not = LB, FWIW.

When I say LB I'm referring to 3-4 ILB and 4-3 LBs.

raybec 4
03-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Spikes just did the agility drill, but wouldn't run.

You are flirting the prospect of DaKcMan AP swooping in to defend his boy with an assload of awesome. Tread lightly.

DrRyan
03-01-2010, 02:40 PM

In that case, I agree.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2010, 02:49 PM
You are flirting the prospect of DaKcMan AP swooping in to defend his boy with an assload of awesome. Tread lightly.

Already happened in the combine thread.

Saccopoo
03-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Washington also looked really good in the agility drills, as did Sylvester. Sean Lee looks really good as well - really fast in the drills.

From top to bottom, this is a really good looking draft class. Every group has looked really solid in the combine so far.

Although, with Washington running drills in his Earl Boykin shorts and Spoon in his snow ninja outfit, I think that both guys fail the apparel drill.

CoMoChief
03-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Weatherspoon needs to gain 10-15 lbs. Which shouldnt be too hard to do.

Titty Meat
03-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Fuck you.

DaKCMan AP
03-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Already happened in the combine thread.

I didn't respond because of Spikes. I didn't even mention Spikes. But if you'd rather make a connection where there isn't one instead of discussing your absurd statement, fine.

KCrockaholic
03-01-2010, 03:44 PM

Why does he need to gain 10-15 pounds? He is perfect weight right now. He is the best cover LB in this draft and adding weight won't help him at all. It's not like he is overwhelmingly small. He has very good size.

AustinChief
03-01-2010, 04:56 PM

I was going to point this out before I saw your post... I assumed that was what you meant... and going on that criteria, I am pretty sure you are right. There may (of course) be some unknown phenom out there... but Weatherspoon is head and shoulders the best that anyone has heard of.

KCrockaholic
03-01-2010, 05:48 PM
I was going to point this out before I saw your post... I assumed that was what you meant... and going on that criteria, I am pretty sure you are right. There may (of course) be some unknown phenom out there... but Weatherspoon is head and shoulders the best that anyone has heard of.

So why should we count out Weatherspoon to the Chiefs @5 if he is better than McClain, and many people had McClain to the Chiefs @5. Honestly. I'd rather have Spoon.

beer bacon
03-01-2010, 06:12 PM

How are you wrong ALL THE TIME?!?

Blick
03-01-2010, 06:29 PM
So what you're saying is...Weatherspoon is Aaron Curry? :)

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2010, 06:56 PM
So what you're saying is...Weatherspoon is Aaron Curry? :)

As prospects, they are remarkably similar, but Weatherspoon is a vocal leader. Someone else mentioned this, but he's a Ray Lewis type (minus the murders) who can galvanize an entire unit.

Hammock Parties
03-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Holy fuck, 34 reps?

That's incredible for a linebacker.

Hammock Parties
03-01-2010, 07:05 PM
PS, he's 6-foot-1. I'd say his weight is perfect. There aren't many 260-pound linebackers that go 6-1.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2010, 07:18 PM
40 inch motherfucking vertical leap.

AustinChief
03-01-2010, 07:34 PM
So why should we count out Weatherspoon to the Chiefs @5 if he is better than McClain, and many people had McClain to the Chiefs @5. Honestly. I'd rather have Spoon.

I would as well, but DAMN #5 is way too high for an ILB in the 3-4.. AND it isn't our biggest need at all. I doubt ANY LB is worth taking at #5 right now... now if we trade back to #9 or farther out... then it gets good.

Mecca
03-01-2010, 07:35 PM
All of the 3-4 teams kind of hurts Weatherspoon his highest scenario is probably Atlanta.

cdcox
03-01-2010, 07:38 PM
I would as well, but DAMN #5 is way too high for a 5 technique in the 3-4.. AND it isn't our biggest need at all. I doubt ANY 5-tech is worth taking at #3 right now... now if we trade back to #9 or farther out... then it gets good./'09 calling

Hammock Parties
03-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Would be awesome if he lasted til the 2nd.

AustinChief
I would as well, but DAMN #5 is way too high for a 5 technique in the 3-4.. AND it isn't our biggest need at all. I doubt ANY 5-tech is worth taking at #5 right now... now if we trade back to #9 or farther out... then it gets good./'09 calling

haha well played sir!

'Hamas' Jenkins
Top 5 Goes:

Bradford
Suh
Berry
Clausen

Haden runs a 4.55 at the combine.

Buffalo offers you Their #9, their 3rd and a 6th this year and a 3rd next year to move down to #9....

What do you do?

Mecca
03-01-2010, 07:41 PM
The Chiefs would probably move for that offer but the problem is...Buffalo isn't coming up unless Clausen makes it to the pick.

Ralphy Boy
03-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Top 5 Goes:

Bradford
Suh
Berry
Clausen

Buffalo offers you Their #9, their 3rd and a 6th this year and a 3rd next year to move down to #9....

What do you do?

Haden won't.

The Chiefs would probably move for that offer but the problem is...Buffalo isn't coming up unless Clausen makes it to the pick.

He just might. It all hinges on Shanahan. Since Shanahan just drafted Ryan Clady and then only got to use him for only one season, he might feel that Okung is a better LT prospect than Clausen is QB prospect.

Clausen's "leadership" issues are being discussed (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-02-28-jimmy-clausen_N.htm). I don't think there is any doubt that Okung is the safer prospect.

Denver's offense was at its best in recent years in 2008 in no small part to Clady's presence. #2 overall with 6,333 yards of total offense in 2008 with 370 points compared to #11 overall in 2007 when they had 5,541 yards and 320 points.

Mecca
03-01-2010, 08:09 PM
I wouldn't be so sure about Haden, there's a ton of reports that people are severely questioning what he'll run.

Chiefnj2
03-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Spikes had a 29" vertical meaning half of the 310lb OL can outjump him.

Titty Meat
03-01-2010, 09:03 PM
There seems to be a trend with Florida players this year.

the Talking Can
03-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Top 5 Goes:

Bradford
Suh
Berry
Clausen

What do you do?

if berry and clausen are gone, you do that in a heart beat

way too much talent in this draft + our needs almost everywhere = no brainer

at 9, after picking up 2 thirds and dropping out of the insane contract bracket, we could afford to "reach"

take you favorite pass rusher - graham, kindle...take spiller...take mays...take williams...etc

use the third on blount, or hardesty (who may be gone based on his 40)

Chiefnj2
03-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Top 5 Goes:

Bradford
Suh
Berry
Clausen

What do you do?

Go to 9 and take Earl Thomas.

Mecca
03-01-2010, 09:19 PM
If you take Earl Thomas with a top 10 pick you should be slapped.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Spikes had a 29" vertical meaning half of the 310lb OL can outjump him.

That is fucking atrocious.

Mecca
03-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Just for the record, Jamar Cheney has passed Spikes on the MLB listings at least in my view, watch for him as a possible Chiefs target.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Spoon had the 2nd best broad jump of any LB: 10'3".

Official results:

4.68 40
34 Reps
40" Vertical
10'3" Broad Jump.

Wright said he's the best interview he's ever had with a prospect.

He was Godmode in this combine.

Mecca
03-01-2010, 09:28 PM
The only thing that I think hurts Weatherspoon is his height means some teams will view him as a pure 4-3 OLB which means half the teams in the league won't think that highly of him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2010, 09:30 PM
The only thing that I think hurts Weatherspoon is his height means some teams will view him as a pure 4-3 OLB which means half the teams in the league won't think that highly of him.

He's half an inch shorter than Willis, Lewis, and Mayo.

I don't see that as a problem at all.

Nightfyre
03-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Spoon had the 2nd best broad jump of any LB: 10'3".

Official results:

4.68 40
34 Reps
40" Vertical
10'3" Broad Jump.

Wright said he's the best interview he's ever had with a prospect.

He was Godmode in this combine.

Hamas loves him some athletic freaks. But he is probably spot on here.

Mecca
03-01-2010, 09:35 PM
He might be similar to Mayo but with this years class I'm not sure how high Weatherspoon can go, he's probably a 20's pick no matter what he does.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Hamas loves him some athletic freaks. But he is probably spot on here.

I'm a Mizzou fan, and I've met the guy. He's a very nice dude, and he was the leader of my favorite college team. I'm predisposed to liking him.

But more than that, I've seen him play 30+ football games. He's always around the ball, and he was consistently disruptive despite the fact that he had very blah defensive tackles (save for Hood).

The dude is a leader. That, combined with production, intelligence, his personality, and his obvious amazing natural gifts makes him, in my opinion, the best 3 down LB prospect since Keith Rivers.

Take Curry's measureables and add in Ray Lewis' personality. I wouldn't draft him at #5, but I'd definitely draft him at 8 or later.

Nightfyre
03-01-2010, 09:44 PM
I'm a Mizzou fan, and I've met the guy. He's a very nice dude, and he was the leader of my favorite college team. I'm predisposed to liking him.

But more than that, I've seen him play 30+ football games. He's always around the ball, and he was consistently disruptive despite the fact that he had very blah defensive tackles (save for Hood).

The dude is a leader. That, combined with production, intelligence, his personality, and his obvious amazing natural gifts makes him, in my opinion, the best 3 down LB prospect since Keith Rivers.

Take Curry's measureables and add in Ray Lewis' personality. I wouldn't draft him at #5, but I'd definitely draft him at 8 or later.

I wouldn't hate packaging a second and third to move up and take him in the late (20ish?) first. He'd be a great fit, imo.

Titty Meat
03-01-2010, 09:54 PM

I'd like to know where all this skill was when Navy was running over his defense. Sorry man but I think you are talking him up just a bit.

Mecca
03-01-2010, 10:01 PM
He's 1 player, the triple option will kill you if 1 guy out of 11 is in the wrong spot.

Titty Meat
03-01-2010, 10:02 PM
He's 1 player, the triple option will kill you if 1 guy out of 11 is in the wrong spot.

The games I saw Mizzous defense was ass. I'm not saying Weatherspoon isn't a good player but the games I watched it seems like he would be invisible sometimes.

Reaper16
03-01-2010, 10:04 PM
The games I saw Mizzous defense was ass. I'm not saying Weatherspoon isn't a good player but the games I watched it seems like he would be invisible sometimes.
Do you know how to watch football?

Titty Meat
03-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Do you know how to watch football?

Oh right if its the star player you aren't suppose to question. Got it.

Reaper16
03-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Oh right if its the star player you aren't suppose to question. Got it.
No. Really. Do you know how to evaluate individual players on the field? Witherspoon always pops. Every game.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2010, 10:12 PM

He had almost 400 tackles the last 3 years and over 30 TFL the last two. He did anything but disappear.

Titty Meat
03-01-2010, 10:13 PM
No. Really. Do you know how to evaluate individual players on the field? Witherspoon always pops. Every game.

You act is if I said Weatherspoon sucks which I didn't.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2010, 10:21 PM
I'd like to know where all this skill was when Navy was running over his defense. Sorry man but I think you are talking him up just a bit.

His interior line last year was ass. It doesn't help that Mizzou has an awful defensive scheme and their secondary is filled with fucktards.

They play base on every play before 3rd down. It's so unconscionably stupid I can't quantify it in words.

Ultimately, when you play the triple option you need to have gap discipline and you need your defenders to move sideline to sideline while not overpursuing.

There were systematic breakdowns across the entirety of the defense that one player could not fix.

Titty Meat
03-01-2010, 10:23 PM
He had almost 400 tackles the last 3 years and over 30 TFL the last two. He did anything but disappear.

Sorry it wasn't the Navy game it was the KU game he didn't seem to do much and he most certainly disappeared in the 4th Quarter vs Nebraska infact he was put on his ass on the final touchdown. I'm not saying that he isn't a good player but I do think having him go 8-15 range is a bit of a reach.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Sorry it wasn't the Navy game it was the KU game he didn't seem to do much and he most certainly disappeared in the 4th Quarter vs Nebraska infact he was put on his ass on the final touchdown. I'm not saying that he isn't a good player but I do think having him go 8-15 range is a bit of a reach.

The entire team disappeared against Nebraska. They gave up 27 points that quarter.

Spoon didn't do anything against KU, but that's a function of what they had him doing.

They were playing 4-3 against 4 and 5 wide. He was basically playing safety that day. KU just ran a dickton of smoke routes against Corners playing 8 yards off their man.

Ralphy Boy
03-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Haden won't.

Wow. He might as well have 4.57 & 4.60. Didn't see that coming.

He probably just dropped out of the top 10.

CoMoChief
03-02-2010, 01:32 PM

Sounds like you need to go suck his cock.

Dark Horse
03-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Wow. He might as well have 4.57 & 4.60. Didn't see that coming.

He probably just dropped out of the top 10.

He may be this years Flowers. Top prospect at his position until the combine then drop to R2

DaKCMan AP
03-02-2010, 03:00 PM
He may be this years Flowers. Top prospect at his position until the combine then drop to R2

I still think he'll go top-15. If he runs a better time at Florida's pro day then he'll jump back into the top 10.

Chiefnj2
03-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Dekoda Watson had a nice combine.