PDA

View Full Version : Life Pain pills

luv
03-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Pain pills rock. Got three teeth yanked out this morning. As the numbness wore off, I began realizing it was a bigger deal than I had expected. Pain pills are really helping, but about to knock me out.

I think I've nodded off three times just while typing this.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna go ahead and try going back to work tomorrow. As long as I take the meds, I should be good, even if I have to spend my lunch hour napping in my car...lol.

EDIT:

Current pain pills - Hydrocodone.
Also taking amoxicillan to help prevent infection.

DMAC
03-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Ummmm, lay off the sour patch kids there, luv.

KCChiefsMan
03-02-2010, 04:14 PM
can I have some?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
03-02-2010, 04:14 PM
if I wasn't too lazy to seek out a dealer, Im certain id do pills--of all types--weekly. And Im saying this having only taken vicodin once for my wisdom teeth

phisherman
03-02-2010, 04:15 PM
pain pills are essential for maximum comfort when dealing with wisdom teeth extraction.

luv
03-02-2010, 04:15 PM
if I wasn't too lazy to seek out a dealer, Im certain id do pills--of all types--weekly. And Im saying this having only taken vicodin once for my wisdom teeth

I've got hydrocodone (sp?). Generic of Vicodin.

If I was gonna do drugs, I'd definitely be a pill popper. Instant high, instant low, instant relaxation....

phisherman
03-02-2010, 04:18 PM
i had the same. really took the edge off and helped me relax/sleep.

luv
03-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Just a question, and I'll google this too, how important is it to keep the gauze in your mouth? I changed out about four blood soaked ones, but I didn't put anymore in after taking my meds. Just want to make sure that's alright. From the sounds of it, I want to do everything necessary to prevent dry socket.

jiveturkey
03-02-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm working with a broken hand that was surgically repaired about two weeks back.

I was taking hydrocodone before the surgery and then oxycodone after. The oxy is 10 times better than hydro. I can see how people get addicted. I have about 10 or so left that I'm saving for a rainy day. I have a bucket of hydro that I stashed away from the hand injury and a run in with kidney stones last Nov.

DMAC
Just a question, and I'll google this too, how important is it to keep the gauze in your mouth? I changed out about four blood soaked ones, but I didn't put anymore in after taking my meds. Just want to make sure that's alright. From the sounds of it, I want to do everything necessary to prevent dry socket.ROFL Gross!

CoMoChief
Pain pills rock. Got three teeth yanked out this morning. As the numbness wore off, I began realizing it was a bigger deal than I had expected. Pain pills are really helping, but about to knock me out.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna go ahead and try going back to work tomorrow. As long as I take the meds, I should be good, even if I have to spend my lunch hour napping in my car...lol.

Whatcha got?

**EDIT**
Nevermind, saw another post. Vicoden is my best friend.

phisherman
03-02-2010, 04:23 PM
I had taken mine out by the time I went to bed the night I got my wisdom teeth cut out.

Stewie
03-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Go order a thick milk shake and drink it through a straw. Works every time.

Pants
03-02-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm working with a broken hand that was surgically repaired about two weeks back.

I was taking hydrocodone before the surgery and then oxycodone after. The oxy is 10 times better than hydro. I can see how people get addicted. I have about 10 or so left that I'm saving for a rainy day. I have a bucket of hydro that I stashed away from the hand injury and a run in with kidney stones last Nov.

Oxycodone is some VERY potent shit. If you get addicted to those, might as well be addicted to smoking opium and shooting up heroin, lol.

luv
03-02-2010, 04:25 PM
ROFL Gross!

:D I'm the queen of TMI, didn't you know?

Ways to prevent dry socket:

1. No smoking
2. No sucking (straws, etc)
3. No "vigorous" swishing or spitting
4. Try to keep coughing and sneezing to a minimum.
5. Avoid hot, cold, and spicy food.

jiveturkey
03-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Oxycodone is some VERY potent shit. If you get addicted to those, might as well be addicted to smoking opium and shooting up heroin, lol.
I could feel it.

I was hospitalized for 3 days with a giant kidney stone that they had to surgically remove and I was on a morphin drip during my stay. Coming off of a 3 day morphin bender was tough. Major depression for a couple of days.

Getting off of the oxy was pretty easy when compared.

luv
03-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Go order a thick milk shake and drink it through a straw. Works every time.

Yeah. I'll get right on that. ;)

Slainte
03-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Absolutely do not smoke for the next few days. OTOH, you can give all the deep windpipe slow-head throat saliva coat blow jobs you'd like....

hydration is extremely important at this time...

Pants
03-02-2010, 04:30 PM
I could feel it.

I was hospitalized for 3 days with a giant kidney stone that they had to surgically remove and I was on a morphin drip during my stay. Coming off of a 3 day morphin bender was tough. Major depression for a couple of days.

Getting off of the oxy was pretty easy when compared.

Happy to hear that man. There are literally people who have to take Oxycodone just to survive. These are the people that suffer from a lifetime of chronic pain and the doses have to increase over time to keep the pain in check. Popping 540 pills a month, wearing patches and sucking down lollipops just to sustain themselves. It's crazy.

DMAC
03-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Go order a thick milk shake and drink it through a straw. Works every time.Yes. Followed by a cigarette (with some coughing), then some mouthwash to get that cigarette taste out of your mouth.

Good to go.

bevischief
03-02-2010, 04:33 PM

Ways to prevent dry socket:

1. No smoking
2. No sucking (straws, etc)
3. No "vigorous" swishing or spitting
4. Try to keep coughing and sneezing to a minimum.
5. Avoid hot, cold, and spicy food.

so you are eating jello?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
03-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Brett Favre, is that you?

boogblaster
03-02-2010, 04:34 PM
On oxys every day ... too bad you can't be me ....

luv
03-02-2010, 04:35 PM
so you are eating jello?
Posted via Mobile Device

Got some sugar free pudding and jello for today/tonight. Some soup, too. Can't have it hot, but I figure I can heay it up then let it cool down a little.

Stewie
03-02-2010, 04:37 PM
I remember when I had my wisdom teeth removed. Everything was fine and about two weeks later I was eating some pancakes or waffles... something with syrup. That syrup got down into the sockets and about sent me through the roof and I couldn't get it out without lots of rinsing. Painful!!! I had no idea that would be a problem.

luv
03-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Funny, this is also the first time I've ever gotten stitches. Got my upper right back molar extracted, along with the lower right back molar and the impacted wisdom tooth next to it. He put a couple of stitches in the bottom.

Rain Man
Why are they not called anti-pain pills? It seems like a major marketing mistake that they're called pain pills.

DMAC

I am aware, Ms. "I have a date".

Simply Red
03-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Absolutely do not smoke for the next few days. OTOH, you can give all the deep windpipe slow-head throat saliva coat blow jobs you'd like....

hydration is extremely important at this time...

no, you're not a mult.

googlegoogle
03-02-2010, 04:59 PM
I got hydro when the teeth were pulled.

I don't know how anyone could be addicted to that shit. There is no high-You feel fuzzy.

MichaelH
03-02-2010, 05:01 PM
I had 4 impacted wisdom teeth pulled at the same time in 1990. I don't think they gave out oxycodone or any other good ones yet. I had to survive on Tylenol 3 with codeine. I wasn't in that much pain though as I remember.

Sure-Oz
03-02-2010, 05:08 PM
I had my wisdom teeth pulled and didnt follow crap except replacing the gauze. i believe i even drank a milkshake too that day and nothing bad happend.

the pain pills def. owned, gave you that light buzz and sleepy feeling. i remember i worked at my night job and they sent me home after a few hours of me fucking doing nothing lol

Slainte
03-02-2010, 05:17 PM
no, you're not a mult.

Have a drink on me.

KChiefs1
03-02-2010, 06:21 PM
I just had a temporary crown put on Monday with the permanent set to be put on in a couple of weeks. I'm afraid to chew anything in fear it will come off. This is my first crown so I have no idea what to expect. I haven't had any pain yet but the dentist said it's possible but everyone is different.

bevischief
03-02-2010, 06:24 PM
vicodin and lots of it.

NewChief
03-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Watch your ass. I like them, too, but they're highly addictive. Like... highly.

NewChief
03-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Happiness is 10mg of oxycodone and a glass of wine. ;)

Not that I'd know from personal experience or anything.

cdcox
03-02-2010, 07:00 PM
All you taking prescription meds, be careful out there.

crispystl
03-02-2010, 07:41 PM
All you taking prescription meds, be careful out there.

Yeah three of my friends became so addicted to hydrocodone and oxys that they had to go to rehab, and I might add only one had significant success. That shit is highly, highly addictive.

googlegoogle
03-02-2010, 07:58 PM
I used my leftover hydro pills to help me get to sleep once in a while.

luv
03-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Yeah three of my friends became so addicted to hydrocodone and oxys that they had to go to rehab, and I might add only one had significant success. That shit is highly, highly addictive.

I don't think I could. I only take them if the pain gets really bad. I don't like going to the doctor/dentist, so I try to save them for the next time I have pain, so I can put off making an appointment. :)

cdcox
03-02-2010, 08:07 PM
I had finger surgery just before Thanksgiving. Every time I go see the doc for follow up, he asks me if I need more pills. I took 3 or 4 after the surgery and another 3 or 4 after the pin came out. Still had about 20 some-odd left and a 'script for another 30. I tried to give the leftovers back to the pharmacy but they didn't have any way to dispose of them. I don't want to flush them, because the sewage plant doesn't remove that crap. I ended up putting them in a bottle, pissing on them, taping the lid on the bottle and tossing it in the trash.

Gracie Dean
03-02-2010, 08:22 PM
I had finger surgery just before Thanksgiving. Every time I go see the doc for follow up, he asks me if I need more pills. I took 3 or 4 after the surgery and another 3 or 4 after the pin came out. Still had about 20 some-odd left and a 'script for another 30. I tried to give the leftovers back to the pharmacy but they didn't have any way to dispose of them. I don't want to flush them, because the sewage plant doesn't remove that crap. I ended up putting them in a bottle, pissing on them, taping the lid on the bottle and tossing it in the trash.

God, I must have a pansy doc then. I am in constant pain with the Crohn's and my doc is very stingy!

KcFanInGA
03-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Pain pills are great for getting through long shifts at work. If I could get some Oxy's and medicinal marijuana I'd be set. Not that I do any of that now. But I used to. Like last week.

FAX
03-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Ever since the spinal surgery, I've been on morphine sulfate ... quite a bit, too. After awhile, there's no euphoria and they even stop helping with the pain. So last week, my doctors switched me to oxycontin (the extended release stuff) and oxycodone for breakthrough pain. I like it a whole lot better. Still, I can't wait to be free of this stuff. Not only am I weary of living life out of a pill bottle, I worry that, should I experience a broken leg or a severe werewolf noggin attack, the pain medication they give me on the lifeflight to the hospital won't work at all. That would be bad, I think.

FAX

NewChief
03-02-2010, 08:56 PM
God, I must have a pansy doc then. I am in constant pain with the Crohn's and my doc is very stingy!

A lot of people use opiates for Crohn's as well because they slow down your digestive track. You might want to look into other doctors if your Crohn's treatment isn't working.

Gracie Dean
03-02-2010, 08:58 PM
A lot of people use opiates for Crohn's as well because they slow down your digestive track. You might want to look into other doctors if your Crohn's treatment isn't working.

My husband says the same thing. How does one go looking for a general physician based on how liberal or stingy they are on pain pills?

Aside from that issue I really like our gen phys.

I see my GI doc Thursday, I may have him talk to my gen doc.

Gracie Dean
03-02-2010, 09:00 PM

we started the chemo in the hospital then went to every 4 weeks and now am up to 8 weeks. The infusion lady said tho that I might have to go 6 weeks and not 8

MahiMike
03-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Just a question, and I'll google this too, how important is it to keep the gauze in your mouth? I changed out about four blood soaked ones, but I didn't put anymore in after taking my meds. Just want to make sure that's alright. From the sounds of it, I want to do everything necessary to prevent dry socket.

Just don't get too stoned and swallow the gauze. That's what my wife did...)

Molitoth
03-02-2010, 09:20 PM
I scored a bottle of Tramadol's lately and they are the best pain pill I've ever had. I think they are pretty rare though, I never see them available.

NewChief
03-02-2010, 09:22 PM
I scored a bottle of Tramadol's lately and they are the best pain pill I've ever had. I think they are pretty rare though, I never see them available.

Ultram FTW.

TrickyNicky
03-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Probably too late but putting a black tea bag in your cheek and leaving it in with the gauze will help it to clot faster. Black tea has a natural enzyme for that you know.

Gracie Dean
03-02-2010, 09:45 PM

my ex SIL had some she had me try. Felt nothing

luv
03-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Probably too late but putting a black tea bag in your cheek and leaving it in with the gauze will help it to clot faster. Black tea has a natural enzyme for that you know.

It actually says something about that in my aftercare instructions. They recommend it if bleeding remains hard to control.

luv
03-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Good news, I put some gauze in my mouth for the last hour, and the bleeding seems to have slowed down.

Gracie Dean
03-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Good news, I put some gauze in my mouth for the last hour, and the bleeding seems to have slowed down.

good.

Just take it easy and be careful.

Had some teeth removed last year and had the same issue. I had to use the tea bag

alanm
03-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Oxy rocks. :thumb:
Vicodin is decent also. You've probably taking the 500's but you can't beat 2 750's to make the world a nice place to be again. :D

luv
03-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Oxy rocks. :thumb:
Vicodin is decent also. You've probably taking the 500's but you can't beat 2 750's to make the world a nice place to be again. :D

He prescribed me 750's. I figure I'll take two before bed to help knock me out. Gonna try to go back to work tomorrow.

Saccopoo
03-03-2010, 01:19 AM

EDIT:

Current pain pills - Hydrocodone.
Also taking amoxicillan to help prevent infection.

Ah, I remember the days. I got all four wisdoms yanked in the morning and that night I was drinking bourbon and eating steak. Although, all the Army gave me for pain pills was some Motrin. I told the dentist I wasn't about to have my period, so he could take them back. Never really noticed much pain once the locals wore off.

Saccopoo
03-03-2010, 01:23 AM
Pussies use Oxy. Real pain med junkies know Fentanyl is the way to go.

JOhn
03-03-2010, 03:54 AM
He prescribed me 750's. I figure I'll take two before bed to help knock me out. Gonna try to go back to work tomorrow.

You mean 7.5mg Hydrocodone:thumb:

750 would kill you

JOhn
03-03-2010, 03:58 AM
all it is, is a non-narcotic pain killer. actually pretty tame stuff.

Luke
03-03-2010, 04:56 AM
Meperidine, (generic demerol) and percoset seem to be a good combo if used with two generous shots of Jack. The good thing about having teeth removed is after a couple days you feel better. My old man used to say it will feel better when it quits hurting. Hillbilly logic, yes, but also true,

patteeu
03-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Happiness is 10mg of oxycodone and a glass of wine. ;)

Not that I'd know from personal experience or anything.

If your oxycodone is in the form of percocet, roxicet, endocet or tylox or anything else that contains tylenol, you shouldn't mix with alcohol because it can damage your liver. This is more of a general purpose warning than a message for NewPhin who probably already knows it.

This is also true of hydrocodone/tylenol combos like vicodin and lortab.

patteeu
03-03-2010, 09:03 AM
I don't think I could. I only take them if the pain gets really bad. I don't like going to the doctor/dentist, so I try to save them for the next time I have pain, so I can put off making an appointment. :)

As long as you're taking them for legitimate, non-chronic pain, you're unlikely to get addicted.

DMAC
03-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Everytime I read the word "gauze", I say it in my head with a Linda Richman voice.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_KanRFQdfsoE/Scatsg3oJ0I/AAAAAAAACLE/8v0jbnIEwpQ/s400/Coffee_Talk_Linda_Richman.jpg
"Gauze"

NewChief
03-03-2010, 09:11 AM
If your oxycodone is in the form of percocet, roxicet, endocet or tylox or anything else that contains tylenol, you shouldn't mix with alcohol because it can damage your liver. This is more of a general purpose warning than a message for NewPhin who probably already knows it.

This is also true of hydrocodone/tylenol combos like vicodin and lortab.

Very true. They're actually talking about taking that out because of the number of liver failures they see with people (albeit people abusing it) mixing them with alcohol. It's sort of idiotic to put in the Tylenol anyway, as I don't think it adds much to the medicine's painkilling properties.

Pants
03-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Ever since the spinal surgery, I've been on morphine sulfate ... quite a bit, too. After awhile, there's no euphoria and they even stop helping with the pain. So last week, my doctors switched me to oxycontin (the extended release stuff) and oxycodone for breakthrough pain. I like it a whole lot better. Still, I can't wait to be free of this stuff. Not only am I weary of living life out of a pill bottle, I worry that, should I experience a broken leg or a severe werewolf noggin attack, the pain medication they give me on the lifeflight to the hospital won't work at all. That would be bad, I think.

FAX

I know there's not much you can do since back pain is the grand daddy of all bitch pains, but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, be VERY careful with those, Mr. FAX!

Red Beans
03-03-2010, 09:22 AM

Weak sauce IMO

Molitoth
03-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Weak sauce IMO

They seem to effect people differently. I've taken the majority of whats out there, and the feeling I get from these are just amazing. My friend said he really didn't feel much from them so I dunno!

patteeu
03-03-2010, 10:04 AM
I feel bad for all those out there who suffer from chronic pain.

NewChief
03-03-2010, 10:05 AM
They seem to effect people differently. I've taken the majority of whats out there, and the feeling I get from these are just amazing. My friend said he really didn't feel much from them so I dunno!

From what I've read, heard, and experienced they definitely affect different people differently. Lots of people get a sort of rush/speedy effect out of them, which many traditional opioid users don't desire or enjoy.

NewChief
03-03-2010, 10:07 AM
I feel bad for all those out there who suffer from chronic pain.

One of my good friends had cancer as a child. It basically completely screwed up his body. As a result, he's in a pain treatment program. The problem, though, is that he's also totally and completely addicted to his meds now as well. The other night we were out, and he'd forgotten his meds at home. I asked him if he'd start feeling pain without them. He said, "Not pain. I'll just start getting sweaty and feeling anxious and feeling weird." I was like, "Ummm, that sounds like withdrawals, man, not pain issues." He ended up having another friend who was on his way out go by his house and pick up his medicine for him.

KCUnited
03-03-2010, 10:12 AM
I made recreational use of percocet for nearly 3 years of my life. I'd buy 90 day supplies. Everyone knew I was on them because I'd call them out of the blue and tell them how much they meant to me because I was feeling FUCKING GREAT!!! I love you man!!

In the end I gave close to 90 of them away to various friends and when I decided to clean up.

Molitoth
03-03-2010, 04:11 PM
From what I've read, heard, and experienced they definitely affect different people differently. Lots of people get a sort of rush/speedy effect out of them, which many traditional opioid users don't desire or enjoy.

Yes, the rush/speed is what I get out of them, along with extreme numbness in my thighs.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Pain pills rock.

Mmm......this!

Pablo
03-03-2010, 05:25 PM

FAXMorphine Sulfate is one bad motherfucker. That is all.