27. Cowboys: Bruce Campbell
28. Chargers: Ryan Mathews
29. Jets: Jared Odrick
30. Vikings: Brian Price
31. Colts: Maurkice Pouncey
32. Saints: Jerry Hughes

Tribal Warfare
03-03-2010, 01:42 AM
Okay some people on here would get a razor blade sharpened and ready to shank a motherfucker if this transpires

RealSNR
03-03-2010, 01:49 AM
http://www.aquateencentral.com/images/characters/BillyWitchDoctor.jpg

You say funny thing

Saccopoo
03-03-2010, 01:55 AM
Okay some people on here would get a razor blade sharpened and ready to shank a mother****er if this transpires

I don't know. I'm pretty sure that's your top five. I just don't see Okung getting past either 2, 3 or 4.

He's got to be option 1, 2 or 3 for all of the teams prior to us and the Lions, Bucs and Skins all need a pure LT.

If Okung is off the board when the Chiefs draft, I think it comes down to Bulaga, Berry or Haden. I'm not so sure that they don't go with Berry in that instance. You know that Haley wasn't pleased with the safety position, and Berry's flexibility would be something that could work in his favor. The Chiefs got absolutely destroyed in nickel package situations, and Berry would help that immensely.

Although Bulaga fits the ideal of what the Chiefs are looking for in a left tackle if Okung isn't there.

It's going to be a tough call for either guy if Okung is off the board.

Blick
03-03-2010, 05:17 AM
Pat Kirwan is fucking retarded. If we pass on Clausen and Berry, I will personally assassinate Scott Pioli. I don't understand the Bulaga in the top 5 bullshit. Gallery was a better prospect coming out of Iowa, and he got turned into a fucking guard.

tyton75
03-03-2010, 05:59 AM
The Skins are going to take an OT... just a matter of which one are they going to take

PhillyChiefFan
03-03-2010, 06:45 AM
The Skins are going to take an OT... just a matter of which one are they going to take

They aren't sold on Campbell at the helm though.

That's what I keep coming back to

Todd Collins
Colt Brennan

If they have ANY doubt about Campbell, Clausen could very well be the pick. Collins is 38 yrs old, and Brennan is a gunslinger from a pass happy offense.

Chiefnj2
03-03-2010, 06:48 AM
How can he have Anthony Davis going to the Raiders after Bruce Campbell and Taylor Mays' performance at the combine? Even JPP fits the Al methodology better than Davis.

PhillyChiefFan
03-03-2010, 06:52 AM
Kindle is up too high IMO, but I'm shocked to see us take Bulaga with Clausen, Berry, Davis, Haden and Dan Williams still on the board.

I'd be pissed if we took Bulaga with that kind of talent still on the board.

BossChief
03-03-2010, 06:55 AM
Im as big a Iowa homer as there is and this would piss me off to no end.

warrior
03-03-2010, 08:54 AM
Pat Kirwan is ****ing retarded. If we pass on Clausen and Berry, I will personally assassinate Scott Pioli. I don't understand the Bulaga in the top 5 bullshit. Gallery was a better prospect coming out of Iowa, and he got turned into a ****ing guard.

I'm going to hold you to this. :D

raybec 4
03-03-2010, 09:05 AM
After the combine there's no way Al Davis passes on Taylor Mays.

KCUnited
03-03-2010, 09:26 AM
This is my biggest fear, Washington taking Okung and the Chiefs reaching for who they have rated as the second best OT. I don't want an OT with our first, but if we're dead set on taking one, I at least want the best one in the draft.

siberian khatru
03-03-2010, 09:31 AM
This would produce an epic meltdown on CP. There would be tsunami warnings issued for both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.

Bill Lundberg
03-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Kirwan has been high on Baluga to the Chiefs because of the Ferentz - Pioli connection. That being said as much as I don't want it to happen, it wouldn't surprise me if Okung is gone. Many experts say Baluga is just a good, tough, smart player. In other words, "he fits the profile".

ToxSocks
03-03-2010, 10:26 AM
I've already accepted that Buluga to the Chiefs is a done deal. Berry/Haden/anyone else would be too good to be true.

We must remember, It's the Chiefs we're talking about.

chop
03-03-2010, 10:29 AM
The Seahawks get Clausen and Spiller.

Saccopoo
03-03-2010, 11:50 AM
After the combine there's no way Al Davis passes on Taylor Mays.

He's already got a athletic freak of nature that has questionable cover skills (well, questionable against any other team but the Chiefs) at safety in Michael Huff. And Mays ran exactly like he's done his whole career. He had the combine that everyone predicted he would have. Ran a 4.3 something 40, jumped high and showed good strength (though Kyle Wilson of Boise did 25 reps on the bench versus Mays' 24).

If the Crypt Keeper was going on athletic ability alone associated with positional value and need of the Raiders, he draft board would look like:

1. Jared Veldheer
2. Tim Tebow
3. Dorin Dickerson
4. Trent Williams
5. Dekoda Watson

Frosty
03-03-2010, 11:58 AM
I've already accepted that Buluga to the Chiefs is a done deal. Berry/Haden/anyone else would be too good to be true.

Same here. The fact that it will be a OT at #5 is starting to settle in as weary acceptance.

CoMoChief
03-03-2010, 12:57 PM
They aren't sold on Campbell at the helm though.

That's what I keep coming back to

Todd Collins
Colt Brennan

If they have ANY doubt about Campbell, Clausen could very well be the pick. Collins is 38 yrs old, and Brennan is a gunslinger from a pass happy offense.

Chris Samuels just retired though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Pat Kirwan is one of the dumbest motherfuckers alive. He helped dismantle the Jets in the mid 90s.

DumbHillbillies
03-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Pat Kirwan is ****ing retarded. If we pass on Clausen and Berry, I will personally assassinate Scott Pioli. I don't understand the Bulaga in the top 5 bullshit. Gallery was a better prospect coming out of Iowa, and he got turned into a ****ing guard.

Your word is your bond. This is one of the worst possible scenarios if this happens I would be so fucking pissed.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-03-2010, 01:30 PM
If we pass on Clausen and Berry, I will personally assassinate Scott Pioli.

Then there is some upside to the first round of the draft.

DumbHillbillies
03-03-2010, 01:31 PM

I know its sad isn't it. We're all masochist.

PhillyChiefFan
03-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Chris Samuels just retired though.

Yea I just now read that on Yahoo sports. I didn't know that when I wrote it.

Okung is as good as a hogette now...

KCrockaholic
03-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Wow. He really killed Dez Bryant. I don't see how he gets past Denver if they lose Marshall.

Priest31kc
03-03-2010, 02:21 PM

Me too. I already have Bulaga penciled in at LT for next year. I just feel it. And I already know how Im going to feel when Goodell announces "With the 5th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select, Bryan Bulaga, Offensive Tackle from the University of Iowa." And its going to be even worse if Berry is still there.

B_Ambuehl
03-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Every year the redskins need help on the O line - and they never draft any high. Why should this year be any different? Dan Snyder is a good illustration of what happens when you put a ball watcher in control of a franchise. All flash, no foundation.

raybec 4
03-03-2010, 02:46 PM
He's already got a athletic freak of nature that has questionable cover skills (well, questionable against any other team but the Chiefs) at safety in Michael Huff. And Mays ran exactly like he's done his whole career. He had the combine that everyone predicted he would have. Ran a 4.3 something 40, jumped high and showed good strength (though Kyle Wilson of Boise did 25 reps on the bench versus Mays' 24).

If the Crypt Keeper was going on athletic ability alone associated with positional value and need of the Raiders, he draft board would look like:

1. Jared Veldheer
2. Tim Tebow
3. Dorin Dickerson
4. Trent Williams
5. Dekoda Watson

You give him too much credit, he sees fast athletic guys (Heyward-Bey) and doesn't give a shit about positional value or need.

googlegoogle
03-03-2010, 02:47 PM
i give credit to him for guesstimating on what Pioli is thinking.

ToxSocks
03-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Me too. I already have Bulaga penciled in at LT for next year. I just feel it. And I already know how Im going to feel when Goodell announces "With the 5th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select, Bryan Bulaga, Offensive Tackle from the University of Iowa." And its going to be even worse if Berry is still there.

And unless they get some good skill position players in F/A to go along with the Buluga pick, the pick may suck any excitment left in me for the start of next season. Just IMO. This team needs to generate a reason to watch them next season.

Frosty
03-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Every year the redskins need help on the O line - and they never draft any high. Why should this year be any different? Dan Snyder is a good illustration of what happens when you put a ball watcher in control of a franchise. All flash, no foundation.

Shanahan has drafted several OT's in the first round, with Clady being the most recent, so he isn't adverse to it. I can't imagine that Shanahan took that job without the stipulation that Snyder stay out of personnel decisions.

Mecca
03-03-2010, 04:14 PM
You give him too much credit, he sees fast athletic guys (Heyward-Bey) and doesn't give a shit about positional value or need.

Actually that's not true, the Raiders usually take it at a position of need.

I would assume JPP is the guy since they want to play Seymour inside.

penchief
03-03-2010, 06:18 PM
If it is Bulaga we can only hope he turns out to be as good as the last LT the chiefs drafted out of Iowa in the first round.

aturnis
03-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Bulaga is a better prospect than Gallery. Gallery had slow feet, and didn't face too many top rushers. Bulaga is a well rounded player in pass protection and run blocking. He's faced some of the top rushers in the class as well. I'd be happier with Bulaga than Okung. For the same reasons Milkman regularly states.

Crush
03-03-2010, 11:19 PM
This site would experience a nuclear holocaust. Very few survivors. The remaining members will be scrounging up the remnants of their post counts in the DC and Media Center forums. Kevin Costner will periodically drop by and deliver unread emails to the lucky few.

Saccopoo
03-04-2010, 04:25 AM
If it is Bulaga we can only hope he turns out to be as good as the last LT the chiefs drafted out of Iowa in the first round.

One can only hope, although the Veldheer guy reminds me of John Alt more than anyone. Tall, lanky and athletic. Alt was a stud.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-04-2010, 09:50 AM
One can only hope, although the Veldheer guy reminds me of John Alt more than anyone. Tall, lanky and athletic. Alt was a stud.

Lanky people who are 6'8" don't have 33" arms. STFU.

BigMeatballDave
03-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Go fist yourself, Pat

BigMeatballDave
03-04-2010, 10:03 AM
I don't know. I'm pretty sure that's your top five. I just don't see Okung getting past either 2, 3 or 4.

He's got to be option 1, 2 or 3 for all of the teams prior to us and the Lions, Bucs and Skins all need a pure LT.

If Okung is off the board when the Chiefs draft, I think it comes down to Bulaga, Berry or Haden. I'm not so sure that they don't go with Berry in that instance. You know that Haley wasn't pleased with the safety position, and Berry's flexibility would be something that could work in his favor. The Chiefs got absolutely destroyed in nickel package situations, and Berry would help that immensely.

Although Bulaga fits the ideal of what the Chiefs are looking for in a left tackle if Okung isn't there.

It's going to be a tough call for either guy if Okung is off the board.Haden is a fucking corner... GTFO

Chiefnj2
03-04-2010, 10:09 AM
He's faced some of the top rushers in the class as well.

Although it was only one game, Graham dominated Bulaga.

I don't watch much Iowa football, which other top rated pass rushers did he go against?

Mecca
03-04-2010, 03:53 PM
He did fine against Derrick Morgan.

Chiefnj2
03-04-2010, 04:05 PM
He did fine against Derrick Morgan.

Didn't they line Morgan up against the RT most of the game?

Mecca
03-04-2010, 04:06 PM
I don't think so...if anything I thought that game was more exposing to Morgan not being that good than anything.

And honestly Pat Kirwan is such a dumbass, the fact that he has a job on a site like NFL.com is just sad.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-04-2010, 04:10 PM
I don't see Bulaga ever being any better than he is right now. He reminds me of a Tamba Hali type: totally maxed out.

Mecca
03-04-2010, 04:12 PM
I don't see Bulaga ever being any better than he is right now. He reminds me of a Tamba Hali type: totally maxed out.

Well then our fan base will love him, there are still some that think Hali is going to somehow get 17 sacks one day because "look at his pressures".