PDA

View Full Version : Denver article with Bruce Campbell to Chiefs.

googlegoogle
03-03-2010, 01:45 AM
http://www.indenvertimes.com/2010-post-combine-nfl-mock-draft/comment-page-1/

Saccopoo
03-03-2010, 02:01 AM
http://www.dfoggknives.com/images/Shank640.jpg

Chiefs=Champions
03-03-2010, 03:40 AM
http://www.dfoggknives.com/images/Shank640.jpg

this

Fat Elvis
03-03-2010, 08:08 AM
I don't know...if the Chiefs started to play a lot of zombies, I think Bruce Campbell would kick ass.

milkman
03-03-2010, 08:17 AM
I don't know...if the Chiefs started to play a lot of zombies, I think Bruce Campbell would kick ass.

Huh?

Bruce Campbell is the most athletic tackle in this draft.
He lacks experience, but his ceiling is far higher than Russel Okung's.

I'd rather draft him than Okung, and if we're drafting a RT, I'd rather draft Trent Williams than Okung, because he, like Campbell, is more athletic, and has more upside as a LT prospect.

the Talking Can
03-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Huh?

I'd rather draft him than Okung, and if we're drafting a RT, I'd rather draft Trent Williams than Okung, because he, like Campbell, is more athletic, and has more upside as a LT prospect.

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/stillsx/2007/08/bruce-campbell-evil-dead.jpg

milkman
03-03-2010, 08:21 AM
http://www.beyondhollywood.com/stillsx/2007/08/bruce-campbell-evil-dead.jpg

All I'm getting is a red X in a box.

Lzen
03-03-2010, 08:31 AM
Someone should probably let milkman in on the joke.

Bruce Campbell is also the name of the actor who plays on Burn Notice. In his younger days, he did some 'B' movies, the reason for the zombie reference.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0132257/

BigCatDaddy
03-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Huh?

Yo bro. You seem to be our resident O-Line expert. Did you coach or play Oline somewhere? Not doubting your opinion or trying to be a dick. I was just curious to how you gained your knowledge and why you like to focus on those positions.

milkman
03-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Someone should probably let milkman in on the joke.

Bruce Campbell is also the name of the actor who plays on Burn Notice. In his younger days, he did some 'B' movies, the reason for the zombie reference.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0132257/

So, I'm assuming that TC posted a pic of that Bruce Campbell, then.

milkman
03-03-2010, 08:47 AM
Yo bro. You seem to be our resident O-Line expert. Did you coach or play Oline somewhere? Not doubting your opinion or trying to be a dick. I was just curious to how you gained your knowledge and why you like to focus on those positions.

I'm no expert.

As a 4 year old attending my first Chief game back in '63, I was intrigued by these big guys just piss pounding each other at the LOS, and as I grew older and became more aware of what I was watching, my fascination with the O-line grew.

My favorite players as I was growing up, after Willie Lanier and Bobby Bell were Jim Tyrer and Jack Rudnay.

I've always watched line play closely.

BigCatDaddy
03-03-2010, 08:50 AM
I'm no expert.

As a 4 year old attending my first Chief game back in '63, I was intrigued by these big guys just piss pounding each other at the LOS, and as I grew older and became more aware of what I was watching, my fascination with the O-line grew.

My favorite players as I was growing up, after Willie Lanier and Bobby Bell were Jim Tyrer and Jack Rudnay.

I've always watched line play closely.

Sounds like a long time student then. I value your opinions in that area. Thanks!

Chiefnj2
03-03-2010, 08:52 AM
Huh?

You value athleticism over on field production?

milkman
03-03-2010, 09:00 AM
You value athleticism over on field production?

What I value is potential.

There's there perception that Okung was some kind of stud that didn't allow sacks, when in reality all he did was get pushed back into the QB.

If the Cowboys weren't in the spread, and Robinson wasn't getting rid of the ball so quickly, Okung would have given up a number of sacks.

He didn't seal the edge.
He didn't physically dominate his opponent.

I don't think Okung has the athletic ability to be anymore than a mediocre LT, and a good RT.

Chiefnj2
03-03-2010, 09:06 AM
What I value is potential.

There's there perception that Okung was some kind of stud that didn't allow sacks, when in reality all he did was get pushed back into the QB.

If the Cowboys weren't in the spread, and Robinson wasn't getting rid of the ball so quickly, Okung would have given up a number of sacks.

He didn't seal the edge.
He didn't physically dominate his opponent.

I don't think Okung has the athletic ability to be anymore than a mediocre LT, and a good RT.

This isn't about Okung.

You seem to promote an Al Davis type approach to the draft based upon the fact that a player with more natural athleticism in track and field events is going to be able to be coached/trained into a better football player.

milkman
03-03-2010, 09:18 AM
This isn't about Okung.

You seem to promote an Al Davis type approach to the draft based upon the fact that a player with more natural athleticism in track and field events is going to be able to be coached/trained into a better football player.

That's not at all what I'm doing.

All I'm saying is that if you put a gun to my head and told me I had to pick Okung or Campbell, I'd take Campbell, because I don't believe that Okung is the real deal, nor will he ever be.

Campbell at least has the potential to be.

Chiefnj2
03-03-2010, 09:23 AM
That's not at all what I'm doing.

All I'm saying is that if you put a gun to my head and told me I had to pick Okung or Campbell, I'd take Campbell, because I don't believe that Okung is the real deal, nor will he ever be.

Campbell at least has the potential to be.

If you were choosing RT for KC, would you pick Campbell, Davis, Bulaga or Williams?

milkman
03-03-2010, 09:25 AM
If you were choosing RT for KC, would you pick Campbell, Davis, Bulaga or Williams?

Is that even a question?

I'm taking Williams.

BigCatDaddy
03-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Williams played very well at RT for OU, however when flipped to the other side I wouldn't even say he was an upgrade over Loadholt who has to play RT in the NFL.

Mr. Laz
03-03-2010, 10:31 AM
no thanks

Saccopoo
03-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Huh?

That's your argument? More athletic? You're basing your opinions on LT prospect on their 40 yard dash times? Tackles? Really? I...

ah, **** it. You just don't get it.

milkman
03-03-2010, 11:22 AM
That's your argument? More athletic? You're basing your opinions on LT prospect on their 40 yard dash times? Tackles? Really? I...

ah, **** it. You just don't get it.

I'm not talking about 40 yard dash time you dumbfuck.

You don't have to be athletic to be fast.

Saccopoo
03-03-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm not talking about 40 yard dash time you dumb****.

You don't have to be athletic to be fast.

So, other than Trent Williams surprising 40 yard dash time at the combine, what has made you change your mind about him in terms of his "athleticism?"

Or Bruce Campbell?

Because I'm sure you watched all the Maryland games this season, right?

So, you are basically going off of 40 times from the combine in determining this new viewpoint on guys like Campbell and Williams, because that's all you got in terms of them being more "athletic" than Okung - their 40 times at the combine.

milkman
03-03-2010, 11:36 AM
So, other than Trent Williams surprising 40 yard dash time at the combine, what has made you change your mind about him in terms of his "athleticism?"

Or Bruce Campbell?

So, you are basically going off of 40 times from the combine in determining this new viewpoint on guys like Campbell and Williams, because that's all you got in terms of them being more "athletic" than Okung - their 40 times at the combine.

What the hell are you talking about?

I've never talked about Campbell or Williams athleticism before because it wasn't relevent.

This thread was specifically about Campbell.

I have been steadfast in my disdain for the idea of drafting a LT in the first round, but since this thread was specifically about Campbell I chimed in with my two cents, which is that I like him better as a prospect than Okung, and since I was talking about that, I followed up with another guy, Williams, that I also like better.

milkman
03-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Upon further thought, I might have said something about liking Albert's athleticism over Trent Williams in another thread along the way, which in no way has any bearing on how I like Williams over Okung.

Coogs
03-03-2010, 11:51 AM

I saw 2 Maryland games this season, and I liked Campbell very much. In fact, I commented on that during both games I watched. I thought he was the best LT I had seen during the season. That being said, I hope Campbell plays for some other team in the NFL.

Fat Elvis
03-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Huh?

http://drunkenzombie.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/evil_dead.jpg

Bruce Campbell (sure looks like he's protecting Mark Castle)

Ralphy Boy
03-03-2010, 01:51 PM
My sister-in-law and her dad are from Baltimore and huge Terp fans. I was telling her about his combine and her dad said it was funny because in college Campbell wasn't that good and he thought he'd be a bust. Ouch. So much for pulling for your own players.

Ralphy Boy
03-03-2010, 01:53 PM
http://drunkenzombie.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/evil_dead.jpg

Bruce Campbell (sure looks like he's protecting Mark Castle)

Yeah, Army of Darkness was awesome.

As far as "B" movies go, nothing beat the Further Adventures of Tennessee Buck.

Hootie
03-03-2010, 04:38 PM
I'd take Okung over Campbell because Campbell is going to get a bunch of money and stop caring...

Regardless of whether or not Okung is going to be an elite LT...you know he's going to, at the very least, go down swinging.

Mr. Laz
03-03-2010, 05:28 PM
seems to me that campbell is pretty much a workout warrior who doesn't have the film to backup his current skyrocketing draft position.

RiversRunRed
03-03-2010, 10:36 PM
idk, i value milkman's opinion on this one. If there were a surefire stud LT in this draft, id say go ahead and take him to push Albert over. I just dont think that guy is in this draft, and id say bruce campbell at least has the potential to be a stud LT.

I think were better off drafting a guard later on though.

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-03-2010, 10:40 PM
All I'm getting is a red X in a box.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PzXk3nfEdMY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PzXk3nfEdMY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Saccopoo
03-04-2010, 04:09 AM
idk, i value milkman's opinion on this one. If there were a surefire stud LT in this draft, id say go ahead and take him to push Albert over. I just dont think that guy is in this draft, and id say bruce campbell at least has the potential to be a stud LT.

I think were better off drafting a guard later on though.

Evil Dead wasn't even the most athletic guy at the combine in his position group. Veldheer dominated the drills by a large margin.

Milk is jerking it to the 40 times alone, and we all know how important those 40 yard dash times are to an offensive lineman.

BossChief
03-04-2010, 04:22 AM
Evil Dead wasn't even the most athletic guy at the combine in his position group. Veldheer dominated the drills by a large margin.

Milk is jerking it to the 40 times alone, and we all know how important those 40 yard dash times are to an offensive lineman.

If you would run a search on milkmans posts concerning Albert throughout the year, you wouldnt seem like such a dumbfuck on the subject. He predicted his struggles and about to the exact game ahead of time of when he would start to become acclimated to the new technique for the new scheme as well as his adjustment to playing with less weight and more technique.

I am a member on a few boards and I trust his opinion on line play more than any poster from any other board. The guy knows what he is talking about and is beyond question concerning line play imo.

You couldn't shine his shoes, son.

Saccopoo
03-04-2010, 04:50 AM
If you would run a search on milkmans posts concerning Albert throughout the year, you wouldnt seem like such a dumb**** on the subject. He predicted his struggles and about to the exact game ahead of time of when he would start to become acclimated to the new technique for the new scheme as well as his adjustment to playing with less weight and more technique.

I am a member on a few boards and I trust his opinion on line play more than any poster from any other board. The guy knows what he is talking about and is beyond question concerning line play imo.

You couldn't shine his shoes, son.

Okay, "Dad." Let me know how the Chiefs, the guys that actually get paid to disseminate and evaluate such information, feel about the position when training camp opens up.

BossChief
03-04-2010, 05:17 AM
Okay, "Dad." Let me know how the Chiefs, the guys that actually get paid to disseminate and evaluate such information, feel about the position when training camp opens up.

they started Mike fucking Goff for a bunch of games, so not much would surprise me.

To be honest, I think Albert plays lights out ball next year.

Saccopoo
03-04-2010, 05:29 AM
they started Mike ****ing Goff for a bunch of games, so not much would surprise me.

To be honest, I think Albert plays lights out ball next year.

You've got to call the position now though.

LT? LG? RG? RT?

I think he kicks ass next year as well...

BossChief
03-04-2010, 05:42 AM
I think that Albert plays lights out at LT next year.

LTs generally struggle in their second year. Clady didnt give up a sack as a rookie but gave up 8 this year.

It happens.

Albert only gave up 4 as a rookie and 9 this year iirc, only one more than Clady.

If you were a Broncos fan, you would be calling to replace him too huh?

Who here understands development and adjustment periods? I think that with all the changes Albert did quite well down the stretch.

Tribal Warfare
03-04-2010, 07:39 AM
I think that with all the changes Albert did quite well down the stretch.

I believe it's partly due to Haley wising up, and allowing Albert to play at his natural playing weight of 316 instead of 305.

Chiefnj2
03-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Haley was a complete and utter moron for going from 6 protection packages (Gailey) to 24+ a week before the season started. There is a good reason why everyone looked so confused the first 12 games. Waters, who has always been the utmost professional and who has always played at a very high level even looked lost out there.

Here's the way I see it. Albert played very well his rookie year. He didn't have much collegiate experience at LT and missed most of camp with injuries. Despite that he came out and played much better than one could have expected. Did he benefit from the pistol formation and did that formation hide some of his flaws, most likely, but he still played well.

I don't really think you can judge the OL, QB and running game last year. It was a mess in terms of timing, scheme, playcalling, talent and personnel. I will fault the receivers and TE's for dropping so many passes and TE's for poor blocking. In my eyes Albert and Cassel get a pass for last year. And, if you aren't willing to give either a pass, then you take the potential franchise QB over the potential franchise LT in the draft.

The debate shouldn't be Berry v. Okung/Bulaga/Williams, but Berry v. Bradford/Clausen.