PDA

View Full Version : KCrockaholic's Mock Draft

KCrockaholic
03-03-2010, 02:20 AM
1. St. Louis Rams - QB - Sam Bradford
They consider taking Suh in this situation, but the need for the most important position in football is just too much.

2. Detroit Lions - DT - Ndamukong Suh
Detroit won't pass up the opportunity to take possibly the best DT to enter the draft in a very long time.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DT - Gerald McCoy
Lucky for them, they had McCoy and Suh rated 1a. and 1b. on their board, therefore they have no problem taking McCoy.

4. Washington Redskins - OT - Russell Okung
Rated by nearly everyone as the best LT in this class. With the retirement of Chris Samuels this is a no-brainer.

5. Kansas City Chiefs - FS/SS/CB/NB - Eric Berry
One of the biggest playmakers in college football over the last 2 years, and his playmaking ability make him a great selection for a Kansas City secondary that has been very poor for over a decade now. A guy this versatile will really help a secondary with so many holes.

6. Seattle Seahawks - QB - Jimmy Clausen
This is a perfect situation for Pete Carroll to begin his regime with Seattle. Hasselbeck is about done, and Clausen will be ready by 2011.

7. Cleveland Browns - WR - Dez Bryant
Cleveland needed to add some weapons for Brady Quinn to play with. After losing Braylon Edwards, adding Bryant could help resurrect his career.

8. Oakland Raiders - DE - Jason Pierre-Paul
Oakland loves raw talent, and Pierre-Paul is exactly that.

9. Buffalo Bills - OL - Bryan Bulaga
Buffalo adds yet another piece to a young offensive line. Bulaga can play either RT or inside. His run blocking ability should pave the way for Lynch/Jackson for a long time.

10. Jacksonville Jaguars - LB - Sean Weatherspoon
By far the biggest reach of the draft, but Jacksonville fell in love with the enthusiasm and leadership of this hard working, athletic kid from Mizzou. Jacksonville needed serious LB depth, and they just added a big piece.

11. Denver Broncos - CB - Joe Haden
A steal? Possibly. But Denver's aging secondary needed the young talent of Haden to pair with Alphonso Smith to give them hope for the future.

12. Miami Dolphins - LB - Rolando McClain
This young kid is a solid pick for Miami. His work ethic should go a long way, and he can play in a 3-4, just like he wants it.

13. San Francisco 49ers - OT - Anythony Davis
This is a great selection for the niners considering Davis is one of the top OL prospects of this class.

14. Seattle Seahawks - SS - Taylor Mays
Pete Carroll can't help but fall in love with Mays after coaching him his entire USC career. This is an ideal situation for both Mays and Carroll.

15. New York Giants - FS/CB - Earl Thomas
Thomas is one of the best cover safeties in this draft. After having a fantastic sophomore campaign at Texas, the Giants take a playmaker.

16. Tennessee Titans - DE - Derrick Morgan
With the loss of Kyle Vanden Bosch this is a great selection to help keep a solid pass rush.

17. San Francisco 49ers - HB - C.J. Spiller
Frank Gore can take a breath, he has electric help in the backfield now. A tandem that will go a long ways toward helping Alex Smith become worthy of that #1 pick of '05.

18. Pittsburgh Steelers - OG - Mike Iupati
Iupati will be able to step in and immediately start for the Steelers. A great run blocker, and will mature as a pass blocker.

19. Atlanta Falcons - CB - Kyle Wilson
Atlanta has a piss poor secondary. The addition of Wilson will be a huge boost to a bad defense and hopefully get them on the right track.

20. Houston Texans - OT - Trent Williams
Williams takes a big slide all the way to Houston and they can't help but take this talented kid from OU.

21. Cincinnati Bengals - TE - Jermaine Gresham
Gresham can step in and immediately be a key target for Carson Palmer. This makes their offense look pretty solid.

22. New England Patriots - DE/LB - Sergio Kindle
Kindle is snabbed up by the Pats and will be a key pass rusher as the Patriots move forward on defense.

23. Green Bay Packers - OT - Bruce Campbell
The super athletic Campbell falls down to Green Bay. His durability and experience have made teams question if he is worth the take. But this Alex Barron clone should do very well in GB.

24. Philadelphia Eagles - HB - Jahvid Best
Philly loves the idea of taking this electric runningback to pair with LeSean McCoy. This gives McNabb no excuse to not reach the Superbowl, or atleast be a top 3 team offensively.

25. Baltimore Ravens - DE - Carlos Dunlap
Dunlap will be a 5-tech with Baltimore. His character concerns and laziness scare off most teams though. Ray Lewis should motivate the shit right out of this dud.

26. Arizona Cardinals - NT/DT - Dan Williams
The combination of Williams and Dockett on this LOS will freighten teams for some time to come. If they use a full 3-4 Williams is their NT.

27. Dallas Cowboys - DE - Brandon Graham
Dallas falls in love with the motor of Graham, and feels that the 1, 2 punch of Ware and Graham will be too much to handle.

28. San Diego Chargers - HB - Ryan Matthews
They contemplated taking Dwyer at this pick, but felt that Matthews fits their system better. A solid selection for a team that doesn't have a HB.

29. New York Jets - WR - Golden Tate
Tate is just another option for Sanchez to mature with. New York does not feel that Edwards is a solid future to build with, but the addition of this Hines Ward / Lee Evans-like wideout will go very far.

30. Minnesota Vikings - C/G - Maurkice Pouncey
Minnesota adds a great piece to an already solid O-line. This move could motivate Favre to come back and not have to worry about being sacked as much, or hit as much (saints).

31. Indianapolis Colts - DT - Brian Price
They almost take Jared Odrick with this pick, but feel that Price is too good to pass up at this point in the draft.

32. New Orleans Saints - OT - Charles Brown
The Saints take the 8th Lineman in this 1st round, and a guy to replace that awful Jermon Bushrod. Good pick.

Round 2

33. St. Louis Rams - WR - Arrelious Benn
The Rams pick up a new toy for QB Sam Bradford as they move Benn a little west from his Illinois home.

34. Detroit Lions - CB - Patrick Robinson
This is a solid pick up for Gun and his rebuilding defense, after adding Suh, Robinson should help out on the back end.

35. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - WR - Brandon LaFell
The Bucs take a Dwayne Bowe clone to add to their offense as they try to kick start Josh Freeman's career.

36. Kansas City Chiefs - NT - Terrence Cody
The Chiefs draft a big piece for the most important position in a 3-4. They discussed Ducasse at this pick, but the need for a NT is too overwhelming.

37. Washington Redskins - OT - Vladimir Ducasse
After taking one offensive lineman in the last 3 years, Shanny goes crazy and takes Ducasse to go along with the selection of Okung. Ducasse is a project, but he could possibly play 4 positions on the line, and the last time Washington took lineman this high, they took Mark May and Russ Grimm.

38. Cleveland Browns - 5 Tech - Jared Odrick
With Cody off the board, Cleveland can't pass up the opportunity to add this versatile 5-tech to a declining defense. Move over Robaire Smith.

39. Oakland Raiders - LB - Jerry Hughes
The Raiders fail to tender Thomas Howard, but this addition of Hughes should help replace that pass rush, and after a solid combine Oakland needs this guy.

40. Seattle Seahawks - HB - Jonathan Dwyer
Dwyer falls into the 2nd, and Seattle is sitting pretty for the future. After the selections of Clausen, Mays, and now Dwyer, they might have the best class so far.

41. Buffalo Bills - WR - Demaryius Thomas
This super freak of a receiver from Georgia Tech is a great way to replace Terrell Owens. They almost took Cam Thomas, but they feel he will be available in the 3rd.

42. New England Patriots - CB - Parrish Cox
The Pats find a great piece to replace Shawn Springs, as their quest to once again have a top defense continues.

43. Miami Dolphins - LB - Eric Norwood
Speaking of quest, the Phins are on a mission to fix their linebackers. After losing Joey Porter and this being Jason Taylors last year, they find the 1, 2 punch that was needed to return a pass rush to Miami with McClain and Norwood.

44. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - TE - Aaron Hernandez
This Florida Tight End gets to stay home, and gives Josh Freeman a bright future along with Brandon LaFell

45. Denver Broncos - WR - Damien Williams
After losing Marshall, the Donks need a playmaking Wideout, and with Bryant, Thomas, Tate, and LaFell off the board they take the best guy available from USC.

46. New York Giants - LB - Brandon Spikes
The Giants need major help at Middle linebacker, so they take the best guy on their board, and this guy will look to be their centerpiece for many years to come.

47. Carolina Pathers - QB - Colt McCoy
The Panthers take a desperate leap for a QB. So they take the best one available on their board. Move out Matt Moore, your no good either.

48. New England Patriots - 5 tech - Corey Wootton
The Patriots attempt to replace Richard Seymour starts with Corey Wootton from Northwestern. The Patriots have made a conscious decision to bring great defense back to New England. Pats Dynasty Part 2, watch out.

49. San Francisco 49ers - S - Chad Jones
This monster safety from LSU should fit in very well, as they now have a guy who can replace Michael Lewis in the secondary, or atleast add some important depth.

50. Kansas City Chiefs - CB - Brandon Ghee
The Chiefs fell in love with this Quinten Jammer type prospect at the combine, and they now have a guy who can replace Brandon Carr, which also lets us cut Leggett. Devin McCourty is still on the board, but the Chiefs love Ghee's physical skillset.

Full KC Chiefs mock

1. Berry
2a. Cody
2b. Ghee
3. WR - Jordan Shipley - Texas
4. OG - Mike Johnson - Alabama
5a. OT - Sam Young - Notre Dame
5b. OLB - Rodderick Muckelroy - Texas
5c. QB - Jarrett Brown - West Virginia
This Chiefs mock reflects what I think they should do and a mix of what I think they will do.

Saccopoo
03-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Worst draft ever! The failboat has set sail! Wrong!

Actually, good draft. I like the Falcons pick. A bit different direction than you see in most mocks. A nice little bit of thinking outside the box on that one.

OnTheWarpath15
03-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Only got through the top 15, but looks pretty good.

After the meltdown Bryant has had in interviews/etc at the combine, I think he's going to free-fall down the board.

One of the Sirius NFL Radio hosts yesterday said he may not go until late first round.

milkman
03-03-2010, 09:59 AM
32. New Orleans Saints - OT - Charles Brown
The Saints take the 8th Lineman in this 1st round, and a guy to replace that awful Jermon Bushrod. Good pick.

Is Jamal Borwn a free agent?

Bushrod actually played pretty well over the course of the season in place of Brown, and if Brown's back, Bushrod is solid depth.

Overall, it's a pretty good draft, but I do question this pick.

milkman
03-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Oh, I also question the Eagles pick.

I think the Eagles would be better served by adding a complementary back like Rayn Mathews as opposed to adding another small speed guy like Best.

Mr. Laz
03-03-2010, 10:33 AM
If St. Louis is going bradford i would think they would trade down to Tampa and let the bucs grab Suh.

looks good though man

Tylerthigpen!1!
03-03-2010, 10:37 AM
What would you guys do if Cody and 'Spoon were available at our 2a?

Danman
03-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the mock kcrockaholic. That's pretty good for round 1, please post more.

What would you guys do if Cody and 'Spoon were available at our 2a?

Tough choice. I'm a Mizzou homer, but our biggest need is NT- I go Cody

Frosty
03-03-2010, 11:56 AM
If the draft falls that way, I think Buffalo takes Dan Williams. They are desperate for D-line.

milkman
03-03-2010, 12:00 PM
If the draft falls that way, I think Buffalo takes Dan Williams. They are desperate for D-line.

That's a good point.

They also have a lot of young guys to develop on that O-Line already.
At one point during the year last year, they were starting 4 rookies ( all with solid potential).

Frosty
03-03-2010, 12:06 PM
That's a good point.

At one point during the year last year, they were starting 4 rookies ( all with solid potential).

Yup. I kind of followed them a little because they took one of "my guys" in Andy Levitre. They had a lot of their young guys get injured. They should be back this year.

milkman
03-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Yup. I kind of followed them a little because they took one of "my guys" in Andy Levitre. They had a lot of their young guys get injured. They should be back this year.

They also drafted Demetrius Bell and Eric Wood, and picked up Jamon Merdith after the final preseason cuts.

I thought they all showed they have a future.

Saccopoo
03-03-2010, 12:50 PM
That's a good point.

- 1 @ RT.

Butler majored in government studies at Virginia, and he spent the 2008 offseason interning at Kemp Partners in Washington D.C. with late Bills quarterback and U.S. congressman Jack Kemp.

"My passion for education, country and community is something that I am ready to devote my full attention to," Butler said in a statement released by the team. "I believe the best way to pursue these spheres of interest is to step away from the game of football at this point in my life."

KCrockaholic
03-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Alright, I posted my 2nd round up until the Chiefs 2nd pick. I will post my full Chiefs mock a little later.

MVChiefFan
03-03-2010, 01:37 PM
I have no idea how Cody will turn out, Lord knows I'm gettin' soured on D-linemen, but I'm REALLY hopin' he falls to us in the 2nd.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the mock kcrockaholic. That's pretty good for round 1, please post more.

Tough choice. I'm a Mizzou homer, but our biggest need is NT- I go Cody

:spock:

You take Weatherspoon.

KCrockaholic
03-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Is Jamal Borwn a free agent?

Bushrod actually played pretty well over the course of the season in place of Brown, and if Brown's back, Bushrod is solid depth.

Overall, it's a pretty good draft, but I do question this pick.

I think Jammal Brown is still there. He is extremely injury prone. He's not listed on their depth chart page though. But I dont know what your talking about with Bushrod man...That guy is just as bad as McIntosh was with us. He allowed 9 sacks, and allowed 34 pressures on Brees. He single handedly cost the Saints their undefeated record by totally choking against Ware. Charles Brown can add good depth and solid production if Brown goes down again or Stinchcomb. The Saints don't have a ton of holes. I almost took a LB for them, but Charles Brown is a solid pick for them at that spot.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Good job man.

milkman
03-03-2010, 04:06 PM
I think Jammal Brown is still there. He is extremely injury prone. He's not listed on their depth chart page though. But I dont know what your talking about with Bushrod man...That guy is just as bad as McIntosh was with us. He allowed 9 sacks, and allowed 34 pressures on Brees. He single handedly cost the Saints their undefeated record by totally choking against Ware. Charles Brown can add good depth and solid production if Brown goes down again or Stinchcomb. The Saints don't have a ton of holes. I almost took a LB for them, but Charles Brown is a solid pick for them at that spot.

You shouldn't be using your first round pick to select players that provide depth, even if you're picking 32nd overall.

First round picks should be guys that you see as potential starters.

KCrockaholic
03-03-2010, 04:39 PM
You shouldn't be using your first round pick to select players that provide depth, even if you're picking 32nd overall.

First round picks should be guys that you see as potential starters.

I agree, but in the Saints case who would have been a better pick? Who could start for them right away?

MahiMike
03-03-2010, 07:13 PM
I think what's gonna mess up everybody's draft boards is that STL ends up getting one of Philly's QB's.

KCrockaholic
03-03-2010, 07:16 PM
I think what's gonna mess up everybody's draft boards is that STL ends up getting one of Philly's QB's.

That would suck. It would be a fail for St. Louis to make that move. They are not a team that is ready to win now. They need a young QB to take over and eventually lead them on the right path. Detroit did the right thing by taking Stafford.

milkman
03-03-2010, 09:37 PM
I agree, but in the Saints case who would have been a better pick? Who could start for them right away?

Not sure when looking at the picks ahead again.

They could use help at DE, but you have Carlos Dunlop going before here, so Everson Griffin.

There aren't any safeties I'd take there, and they might need one.

And an OLB like Daryl Washington might be a consideration, though a little high.

I guess I'd have to stick with Griffin here.

KCrockaholic
03-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Not sure when looking at the picks ahead again.

They could use help at DE, but you have Carlos Dunlop going before here, so Everson Griffin.

There aren't any safeties I'd take there, and they might need one.

And an OLB like Daryl Washington might be a consideration, though a little high.

I guess I'd have to stick with Griffin here.

Griffen would be a decent pick. He would probably replace Bobby McCray, opposite of Will Smith. But does the need of Griffen outway the value of Charles Brown would be my question. But yeah, I could see that.

KCrockaholic
03-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Alright I updated the mock with my Chiefs mock.

Nightfyre
03-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Being that somehow my thread posting privileges got revoked, I will just hijack kcrockaholic's thread. Sorry. I had no choice.

This is how I hope it falls. PS I know Berry falling to 9 is a reach. Please look past it as a pipe dream.

First three rounds of Chiefs' draft:
Trade down with Buffalo (1.5 for 1.9 + 3.8 + 4.9)
1.9) Eric Berry, FS, Tennessee

KC is pleasantly surprised when the draft falls as such:
1) STL - Bradford
2) DET - Suh
3) TB - McCoy
4) WAS - Okung
5) BUF - Clausen
6) SEA - Campbell
7) CLE - Haden
8) OAK - Mays

KC initially makes this trade to add picks and secure Williams, but Berry is just too valuable to pass up.

2.4) Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU

KC snags arguably the best combination of potential and preparedness for 3-4 OLB.

2.18) Damian Williams, WR, USC

Williams is fast, a cutthroat route runner and has soft hands. Now Haley must teach him body control.

3.4) Reshad Jones, SS, Georgia

Reshad Jones in the third is high bang for your buck. Quite a physical specimen with experience facing tough competition.

3.8) Jamar Chaney, ILB, Mississippi State

His stock is fast rising, but he may still be available here.

4.4) Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame

Should know the scheme and be able to come in and transition rapidly.

4.9) Joseph Linvall, NT, East Carolina

Undersung, Linvall is a freak.

5.5) Eric Olsen, C, Notre Dame

Another player who can come in with experience in the scheme and quickly make the transtion. Olsen also brings versatility.

5.11) CJ Wilson, DE, East Carolina

A project, somewhat inconsistent at the college level.

5.13) Marcus Easley, WR, Connecticut

A player with athleticism and the "right-53" mentality.

KCrockaholic
03-04-2010, 12:18 AM
Does this mean I can neg rep you and it be ok?

Nightfyre
03-04-2010, 12:19 AM
Does this mean I can neg rep you and it be ok?

I dont give a damn! ;)

KCrockaholic
03-04-2010, 12:21 AM
I dont give a damn! ;)

lol, alright...Is this now the first ever co-owned thread?

Danman
03-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Nightfyre,

Thanks for the mock. It's hard to predict trades in the draft. While I can see your point in the scenrio you gave, I think it's more likely that another team trades up to get Berry if we move back. If Berry's the top man on your board, you gotta take him when you get the chance.

Hughes and Jones would be great picks for wher they're taken. Our defense looks a lot different by adding those three palyers and saftey's fixed for the next 10 years.

Blick
03-04-2010, 11:21 AM
I like that draft, Nightfyre. I don't think Chaney will be there in the 3rd though. I don't really have huge problems with anything except I'd take a receiver in the 5th with kick return experience and ability.

Nightfyre
03-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Nightfyre,

Thanks for the mock. It's hard to predict trades in the draft. While I can see your point in the scenrio you gave, I think it's more likely that another team trades up to get Berry if we move back. If Berry's the top man on your board, you gotta take him when you get the chance.

Hughes and Jones would be great picks for wher they're taken. Our defense looks a lot different by adding those three palyers and saftey's fixed for the next 10 years.
I appreciate the feedback and I don't disagree that its a possibility. Truth to tell, I am not as high on Berry as everyone else. If he were gone, McClain would be the likely pick, and I would replace Chaney with Anthony Dixon from Mississippi State.