PDA

View Full Version : Football Antrelle Rolle update

BossChief
03-03-2010, 06:57 PM
They just reported on NFLN that he will indeed become a URFA Friday morning 12am because the Cards couldnt get him signed to a long term deal.

Rain Man
03-03-2010, 07:35 PM
I highly coveted him in the draft when he was a cornerback.

It seems to me that reasonable safeties can usually be found in free agency.

Micjones
03-03-2010, 09:46 PM
I'd bring him in, but something tells me if they do... They pass on Berry and draft Okung at 5.
So it's hard to say.

The Franchise
03-03-2010, 09:58 PM
I'd bring him in, but something tells me if they do... They pass on Berry and draft Okung at 5.
So it's hard to say.

I'd be happy with Rolle and Clausen.

Titty Meat
03-03-2010, 10:16 PM
I bet he goes back tothe Cardinals unless a team like the Cowboys or Giants throws alot of money his way.

BossChief
03-03-2010, 11:23 PM
I'd kill you to draft Clausen and sign Rolle.

fyp

-King-
03-04-2010, 12:06 AM
I bet he goes back tothe Cardinals unless a team like the Cowboys or Giants throws alot of money his way.

Maybe..but the thing is, what agent would be stupid enough to accept that?

Yeah, we won't take a pay cut, but I'll allow you to cut my client and sign him to a cheaper deal.

The agent would have to be a retard.
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat
03-04-2010, 12:23 AM
Maybe..but the thing is, what agent would be stupid enough to accept that?

Yeah, we won't take a pay cut, but I'll allow you to cut my client and sign him to a cheaper deal.

The agent would have to be a retard.
Posted via Mobile Device

What they are doing is letting him shop the market and match any contract he's offered to another team. So he's actually making more money.

BossChief
03-04-2010, 03:51 AM
Remember, agents get paid commission. They want a cut of a signing bonus that comes with a new deal.

Fritz88
03-04-2010, 04:21 AM
I do think that Pioli will sign a big one then follow it by 23433 4th stringers.

PhillyChiefFan
03-04-2010, 05:37 AM
So it's hard to say.

I don't see us taking Okung because Chris Samuels just retired, and the Skins are now minus a quality LT.

Okung is widely considered one of the best pure LT's to come out of the draft in years...but take that for what it's worth.

Pushead2
03-04-2010, 05:37 AM
sign him & fuck him hard.

-King-
03-04-2010, 06:58 AM
What they are doing is letting him shop the market and match any contract he's offered to another team. So he's actually making more money.

Then why are they asking him to take a paycut?
Posted via Mobile Device

Dave Lane
03-04-2010, 08:35 AM
I think picking him up would be a good move. It'd help stop the Berrygasm that's been going on here and free up a pick for another spot on the roster.

soundmind
03-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Think about the defensive backfield/litigation team of Rolle & Rolle (Antrelle & Myron).

I have trouble recalling a lot beyond being enamored with A. Rolle in college and thinking that he should have been a Free Safety/Strong Safety as opposed to a Corner. Seems to play space better than any man-coverage/press scenario...but that thought is a few years old.

The nicest thing about a guy like Rolle hitting the market this year is that the draft is alleged to be heavy on DBs...theoretically that drives his value down a bit. Also, that means that if we were the ones to pick the guy up (and I'd hope we looked into it...) we could still pick up a very talented DB in the 3rd/4th round that could compete for some CB or NB time while developing....maybe...

Ralphy Boy
03-04-2010, 09:44 AM
So add Rolle & Berry. Berry can play free or strong.

I'm sure Haley is very familiar with Rolle and if he likes him and the feeling is mutual, he'll at least pay us a visit.

Mr. Laz
03-04-2010, 09:52 AM
So add Rolle & Berry. Berry can play free or strong.

I'm sure Haley is very familiar with Rolle and if he likes him and the feeling is mutual, he'll at least pay us a visit.
both Rolle and Berry are free safeties and can cover although i think Berry is gonna be better in coverage in the long run.

Adding Rolle and Berry would solve our constant problem of covering RB's and TE's.

Flowers
Rolle
Berry
Carr

:thumb:

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-04-2010, 10:17 AM
I don't see us taking Okung because Chris Samuels just retired, and the Skins are now minus a quality LT.

Okung is widely considered one of the best pure LT's to come out of the draft in years...but take that for what it's worth.

He would have been the 5th OT last year.

Brock
03-04-2010, 10:28 AM

Who considers him to be that?

Dave Lane
03-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Who considers him to be that?

No one on Chiefsplanet

Bill Lundberg
03-04-2010, 02:39 PM
He's officially been released.

Cardschatter (http://twitter.com/Cardschatter)
Cardinals officially release S Antrel Rolle, making him a free agent less than a minute ago (http://twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/9989537520) via web Retweeted by caplannfl (http://twitter.com/caplannfl)

The Franchise
03-04-2010, 02:40 PM
GO GET HIM YOU FUCKERS!!!!!!

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Cardinals | Rolle released
Comment (0)
Thu, 04 Mar 2010 12:40:51 -0800

Darren Urban, of AZCardinals.com. reports the Arizona Cardinals have released FS Antrel Rolle

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0hF6eNUip

Bill Lundberg
03-04-2010, 02:57 PM
RosenhausSports (http://twitter.com/RosenhausSports)
Now that Antrel has been released by the Cardinals, he is free to sign with any of the 32 teams & the final 8 rule does not apply to him

OnTheWarpath15
03-04-2010, 03:00 PM
RosenhausSports (http://twitter.com/RosenhausSports)
Now that Antrel has been released by the Cardinals, he is free to sign with any of the 32 teams & the final 8 rule does not apply to him

This.

Had the Cardinals kept him until the deadline, he would have been subject to the rules of FA.

Interesting move. Not that it really matters to Arizona.

The Franchise
03-04-2010, 03:00 PM
I see him as a Dolphin or Patriot.

The Bad Guy
03-04-2010, 03:04 PM
I don't want Antrell Rolle.

I might be the minority.

ModSocks
03-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Im curious to why they haven't announced the Tender for Page yet. Possibly a sign that they wont and we'll go after Berry or Rolle?

Please football Jesus, make it so...

OnTheWarpath15
03-04-2010, 03:06 PM
I don't want Antrell Rolle.

I might be the minority.

I'm indifferent.

I'd rather draft Berry, or make a deal for Otogwe or as a last resort, sign Ryan Clark.

The Franchise
03-04-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm indifferent.

I'd rather draft Berry, or make a deal for Otogwe or as a last resort, sign Ryan Clark.

I'm fine with either of those guys......in this order.

1. Berry
2. Otogwe
3. Rolle

I don't see them going after either of those three though.

The Bad Guy
03-04-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm indifferent.

Antrell Rolle really isn't a good FS by any means.

Yeah, he gets picks, but he gets his ass roasted more times than plays he makes.

He wants 8 million a year? The only way I give him 8 million a year is if he's willing to pay me back 5.5 of it.

I think signing Rolle would eliminate us from drafting Eric Berry.