PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs: NFLs cheapest team

-King-
03-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Last week, at the NFL combine, Kansas City genera manager Scott Pioli indicated that the Chiefs wil consider being active in free agency They definitely have financial room to add to the roster. Kansas City’s current payroll is $41 million after it cut receiver Devard Darling, who was set to make $2 million. It is the lowest payroll in the NFL When Arizona cuts safety Antrel Rolle this week, its payroll will be in the $47 million range. Quarterback Matt Cassel accounts for more than a quarter of Kansas City’s current payroll. He is set to make more than $11 million this season. Only eight players make more than $1 million It remains to be seen if Kansas City spends a lot of money in free agency, but it is clear it can absorb more payroll.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/10569/kansas-city-can-take-on-more-payroll

Posted via Mobile Device

wild1
03-04-2010, 09:24 AM
I'd rather they had a low payroll than throw more money at players than they are worth.

Pushead2
03-04-2010, 09:25 AM
I'd rather they had a low payroll than throw more money at players than they are worth.

agreed

CoMoChief
03-04-2010, 09:39 AM
I think we need to sign Ty Law to a 4 yr deal.

Quesadilla Joe
03-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Quarterback Matt Cassel accounts for more than a quarter of Kansas City’s current payroll.

ROFL

LaChapelle
03-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Darling was on IR
So the lowest payroll in the NFL clobbered the Broncos with the playoffs on the line?
OH MY!

DBOSHO
03-04-2010, 11:27 AM
JAMAAR CHARLES!!

HotRoute
03-04-2010, 11:29 AM
i recall that last year we had a bunch of money to spend and that it wouldn't be smart to spend it all last year. But now we have the money to spend and so will other teams considering there will be no cap we will have to compete very hard for the elite players on the market

RealSNR
03-04-2010, 11:39 AM
I wonder how that's going to work when we trade Cassel to Denver

Braincase
03-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Get the right players at the right price. In other words, 180 degrees away from what the Raiders do.

OnTheWarpath15
03-04-2010, 11:57 AM
LMAO

$41M.

Christ, the St Louis Blues NHL team has a payroll of $52M, paying a roster a third the size of the Chiefs.

CrazyHorse
03-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Thats odd, because I remember a statement by Pioli not long ago. Something to the effect that "Kansas City is in line with the rest of the teams average spending in the NFL".

I knew then it was bs. This only confirms it. It's been that way not just last year, but the last 2 years.

Thats why the stadium is starting to empty. Ive been offered everything short of a blowjob to renew my season tix.

Its not what you say in this life that speaks loudest. It's what you do. If they expect me to spend my resources on this team, they have to be willing to spend thiers.

Quesadilla Joe
03-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Darling was on IR
So the lowest payroll in the NFL clobbered the Broncos with the playoffs on the line?
OH MY!

You guys win one game and brag about it all offseason. What sad bunch of fans you guys are. I never bragged about this game...

http://i49.tinypic.com/2qvtiea.jpg

But yeah... Keep bragging about that time when you beat Denver when they were missing half of their first string offense. Eddie Royal, Ryan Harris, Tony Scheffler, Brandon Marshall, and Ben Hamilton all didn't play.

Hootie
03-04-2010, 12:08 PM
LMAO

$41M.

Christ, the St Louis Blues NHL team has a payroll of $52M, paying a roster a third the size of the Chiefs.

comparing an NHL team to an NFL team?

Very wise of you...

and the 12th man on every NBA team makes as much as the most elite NFL players basically

but good comparison

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-04-2010, 12:13 PM

And in the mean time any NFL player thats worth a shit wants to play for Washington.

ForeverChiefs58
03-04-2010, 12:21 PM
So, basically there may be a correlation between being a team that sucks and the amount of money that is spent for good players. Gee, never would have guessed.

B_Ambuehl
03-04-2010, 12:28 PM
For some perspective on this, the salary floor, or minimum a team MUST spend, is 84% of the total salary cap. In 2009 the minimum would've been 107 million. If this were a normal capped year the chiefs would only be spending about 1/3 of the amount they must spend to hit the freaking salary floor.

That should illustrate in very clear detail the main problem with this franchise. Clark Hunt.

Titty Meat
03-04-2010, 12:34 PM
You guys win one game and brag about it all offseason. What sad bunch of fans you guys are. I never bragged about this game...

But yeah... Keep bragging about that time when you beat Denver when they were missing half of their first string offense. Eddie Royal, Ryan Harris, Tony Scheffler, Brandon Marshall, and Ben Hamilton all didn't play.

44-24 ROFL

wild1
03-04-2010, 12:35 PM
comparing an NHL team to an NFL team?

Very wise of you...

and the 12th man on every NBA team makes as much as the most elite NFL players basically

but good comparison

There's also a salary floor in the NHL. Every team is required to spend $40 million. (cap is something like $52 million)

Titty Meat
03-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Whats the Royals payroll? Good god Clark Hunt is even more cheap than David Glass and theres assholes on here who say he isn't cheap.

Goldmember
03-04-2010, 12:38 PM
That's because they got rid of the worthless, expensive players like Jared Allen and Tony Gonzales. j/k

Look how much Washington spends on FAs and they continue to suck balls each year.

The problem with the Chiefs is years of bad drafting, not signing over priced FAs. Once they get some good players in the draft, hopefully this year, the payroll will increase to keep them.

CrazyHorse
03-04-2010, 12:51 PM
That's because they got rid of the worthless, expensive players like Jared Allen and Tony Gonzales. j/k

Look how much Washington spends on FAs and they continue to suck balls each year.

The problem with the Chiefs is years of bad drafting, not signing over priced FAs. Once they get some good players in the draft, hopefully this year, the payroll will increase to keep them.

Good teams are a result of good drafting, smart FA signings and good coaching. KC has not drafted that well. But I have also seen several players go to other teams and do well. So drafting hasn't been the only problem. Its been coaching IMO that has been the #1 reason for KCs problems.

You shouldn't make excuses for KC not using all resources available to them to make this team better. I feel like we have good coaching in place right now. Or at least potentially a good coaching staff. Now we need to draft well and spend every penny we can to improve the team. Its that simple.

Im not saying to piss money away. But to be the 90s Bengals isn't going to work either. Thats been proven. THey were the laughing stock of the NFL at that time and we are soon to be if we dont make an effort to put a good team on the field.

warrior
03-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Good teams are a result of good drafting, smart FA signings and good coaching. KC has not drafted that well. But I have also seen several players go to other teams and do well. So drafting hasn't been the only problem. Its been coaching IMO that has been the #1 reason for KCs problems.

You shouldn't make excuses for KC not using all resources available to them to make this team better. I feel like we have good coaching in place right now. Or at least potentially a good coaching staff. Now we need to draft well and spend every penny we can to improve the team. Its that simple.

Im not saying to piss money away. But to be the 90s Bengals isn't going to work either. Thats been proven. THey were the laughing stock of the NFL at that time and we are soon to be if we dont make an effort to put a good team on the field.

Good post--- agree with most--- Chiefs need to step up

dirk digler
03-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Whats the Royals payroll? Good god Clark Hunt is even more cheap than David Glass and theres assholes on here who say he isn't cheap.

Yep I was just thinking the same thing.

Buzzsaw
03-04-2010, 01:01 PM

Is that photo shopped?

Quesadilla Joe
03-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Is that photo shopped?

I don't think so. I didn't see it during the game, but people at the OM did.

Fat Elvis
03-04-2010, 01:19 PM
KC has not drafted that well.

Great Googlie-Mooglie. KC drafts--and subsequent coaching--has sucked goat tits. "Not that well..." HA.

Goldmember
03-04-2010, 01:20 PM

I agree that you need to sign some FAs, but the way teams are protecting the better players, you have to either trade, which the Chiefs don't have anything to trade, or out bid the other teams for the FAs. The better ones will not come to KC unless they are the highest, or one of the highest, bidder, imo. We don't know that Pioli didn't try to get one or two of the big demand FAs last year. I think he did mention that they tried but wasn't specific.

As far as coaching, I agree that this has been a factor, both in quality of coaching and the turnover in the last decade; Gunther, Vermeil, Herm and now Haley. You can't be a good team when you change coaches four times in one decade.

Fat Elvis
03-04-2010, 01:20 PM
I don't think so. I didn't see it during the game, but people at the OM did.

I remember it.

Marcellus
03-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Whats all the cryin about? Do we not plan to spend another $ the entire off season or on rookies?

Who should we sign to a huge deal right now to inflate our salary numbers?

Pasta Little Brioni
03-04-2010, 06:26 PM

ROFL Those guys play defense too? Because they probably could have given a better effort than the group you had out there in week 17.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-04-2010, 06:59 PM
All the players we spend money on are horrible anyway. We're offering over a million to pieces of shit like Ndukwe, O'Callaghan, Niswanger, and we probably just resigned Vrabel for another couple million a year.

OnTheWarpath15
03-04-2010, 07:14 PM
All the players we spend money on are horrible anyway. We're offering over a million to pieces of shit like Ndukwe, O'Callaghan, Niswanger, and we probably just resigned Vrabel for another couple million a year.

Don't forget the 44th rated QB out of 46.

I think he's the only guy on the team making more than $3M.

Mecca
03-04-2010, 07:16 PM

It's pretty fucking ridiculous isn't it?

Yet we supposedly had no money to play with in FA last year...it's becoming apparent the Chiefs are cheap.

ILChief
03-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Is that photo shopped?

no, i remember it

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-04-2010, 07:28 PM

Take heart; we're saving that cash for the arrival of the REAL QBOTF next year.:D

Nightfyre
03-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Hell, draft clausen and flip cassel this year. Its not like we'd be out that much.
Posted via Mobile Device

mikeyis4dcats.
03-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Chiefs are becoming the Royals....

DumbHillbillies
03-04-2010, 11:43 PM

That's right b*tch and don't you forget it. That and a patridge in a pear tree line is hilarious. ROFL

DumbHillbillies
03-04-2010, 11:46 PM
We are saving our money for the cream of the crap. You know those free agents that are available in may and june.

wazu
03-04-2010, 11:54 PM
Chiefs are becoming the Royals....

Yep. And it looks like the NFL is becoming more like MLB to make sure that trend continues.

KCrockaholic
03-04-2010, 11:56 PM
Yep. And it looks like the NFL is becoming more like MLB to make sure that trend continues.

Atleast for this season. If they can get a new CBA by next year, it should be back to the norm.

wazu
03-05-2010, 12:06 AM
Atleast for this season. If they can get a new CBA by next year, it should be back to the norm.

We'll see. NFLPA is making it's signature issue "No Salary Cap". And owners seem to be willing to compromise on that, making their signature issue, "rookies don't get paid as much".

DaneMcCloud
03-05-2010, 12:39 AM

Isn't the 140th ranked 5 tech making more than $3 mill per?

Pioli's sucks and C.Hunt doesn't know football.

soundmind
03-05-2010, 02:07 AM
Welcome to the Royals of the NFL.

soundmind
03-05-2010, 02:13 AM
Can we just change the name of both franchises to the Kansas City Fuggits?

If the NFL is set to go capless/floorless, and I think we'd all be surprised if it ever returns....I give this 3 years and we see the MLB. New York will load up. LA will definitely get a franchise. Skins will spend stupidly and Skeletor will blow at least a cool Billion before he croaks...every crooked old f*cking dime of it on the vewtical game.

I can't even imagine what Jerry's debating.

FAX
03-05-2010, 02:17 AM
The amusing part of all this is that Clark probably feels as though he's been overpaying a lot of our guys ... and the truth is that, based on production, he's probably right.

Over the last four or five years, most of our players have sucked total skunk ass. The fact that they're even getting an NFL paycheck should be considered a bonus to them. I suppose some fans would prefer that we pay pro-bowl money to our scrubs so we can compare favorably to other teams' salaries - Darth Liberace style. No thanks.

FAX

KCinNY
03-05-2010, 03:25 AM
Isn't the 140th ranked 5 tech making more than $3 mill per?

Pioli's sucks and C.Hunt doesn't know football.

Hunt loves his soccer, though. I heard he's looking to buy an English Premier League team.

FAX
03-05-2010, 03:53 AM
Escape From LA is one of my all time favorite movies.

"This is America. No smoking, no drinking, no drugs, no women (except if you're married), no running, no cussing, no red meat."

FAX

BossChief
03-05-2010, 03:59 AM
Mr Fax, who would you like for us to bring in and sign?

1 player that would make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside that we got him...

kcxiv
03-05-2010, 04:29 AM
I just want that american needle company to win, if it does, then finally the EA exclusive bullshit for football gaming could be in big time jeopardy. lol

FAX
03-05-2010, 04:31 AM
Mr Fax, who would you like for us to bring in and sign?

1 player that would make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside that we got him...

I can't think of anyone who would make me warm and fuzzy, Mr. BossChief ... unless we were to sign Gillian Anderson or Salma Hayek, maybe. We have so many needs that one guy ... or even two ... isn't going to really light my fire. We're years and many, many new players away at this point.

But actually, I don't know who is available via free agency as of today. It's a moving target. Give me a list of available FAs and I'll pick one. Assuming that Peppers has signed someplace, Dansby or Rolle, maybe ... if he's still available. Or maybe Bobbie Williams to start rebuilding the o-line and help Charles set a record or two.

As for the draft, I like the safety from Tennessee. Of all the top tier prospects, he is the one who would likely make the greatest and earliest contribution. A defensive lineman takes years to develop. So do o-linemen, too, really (although their learning curve isn't quite as steep). A safety, though, can help us right away - especially in the 3/4. And, I don't see us signing a skill player or quarterback in the early rounds ... although with Weis now on board, I could be wrong about that.

FAX

BossChief
03-05-2010, 04:53 AM
I can dig it man.

the Talking Can
03-05-2010, 05:29 AM
Clark Hunt is a tight wad loser.

michaelj_58
03-05-2010, 07:56 AM
yeah because there getting paid a ton of money and they still cant make the playoffs.

noa
03-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Keep bragging about that time when you beat Denver when they were missing half of their first string offense. Eddie Royal, Ryan Harris, Tony Scheffler, Brandon Marshall, and Ben Hamilton all didn't play.

Oh, were those guys going to come in on defense and stop Jamaal Charles from running for 259 yards?

TheGuardian
03-05-2010, 10:22 AM

Were they going to tackle Jamaal Charles?

cdcox
03-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Chiefs = !cakin'

Frazod
03-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Welcome to the Royals of the NFL.

If that's the case, I won't be sticking around for it. These fuckers really need to show me something this year.

FAX
03-05-2010, 10:52 AM
If that's the case, I won't be sticking around for it. These ****ers really need to show me something this year.

Ha! I wish I had a BJ for every time I've said that or something similar, Mr. frazod.

Being a Chiefs fan is forever. And always. It's permanent. There is no going back. Once a Chiefs fan, always a Chiefs fan. It's like herpes. A whole lot like it, now that I think about it.

Besides, it's going to take time to turn this franchise into a consistent winner. Take heart, though. Regardless of what the Debbies and the Nancys and the Haters and the chicken-hearted, fair-weather, bandwagon-abandoning naysayers spout, we have the right guy in charge now. We'll be champions again, it's just a matter of time.

FAX

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Besides, it's going to take time to turn this franchise into a consistent winner. Take heart, though. Regardless of what the Debbies and the Nancys and the Haters and the chicken-hearted, fair-weather, bandwagon-abandoning naysayers spout, we have the right guy in charge now. We'll be champions again, it's just a matter of time.

FAX

Please support this claim with examples of said "right" guy's competence while in the role of sole decision maker.

Frazod
03-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Ha! I wish I had a BJ for every time I've said that or something similar, Mr. frazod.

Being a Chiefs fan is forever. And always. It's permanent. There is no going back. Once a Chiefs fan, always a Chiefs fan. It's like herpes. A whole lot like it, now that I think about it.

FAX

The first team I ever cared about was the Royals. George Brett was my hero. But I need whatever team I root for to be competitive. And after years of Glass's low low prices and predictable results, at some point I just stopped caring. If the Chiefs are just at a low point right now and commit to improve and be a decent team again, I'll stick around. But if this half-empty stadium, 4-12, lowest payroll in the league, greedy Texas trust fund baby laughs all the way to the bank bullshit becomes the status quo, I'm done. Honestly, my watching football interests have already substantially shifted from Sunday to Saturday. It really won't take much more of this shit to turn the Chiefs into the Royals.

FAX
03-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Please support this claim with examples of said "right" guy's competence while in the role of sole decision maker.

I enjoy deja-vu just as much as the next amnesiac, Mr. 'Hamas' Jenkins, but we've had this conversation before.

The question is .... MOOT!!! This is his first experience in this position, as you well know. It is, therefore, impossible to cite the examples for which you are fishing.

FAX

FAX
03-05-2010, 11:09 AM
The first team I ever cared about was the Royals. George Brett was my hero. But I need whatever team I root for to be competitive. And after years of Glass's low low prices and predictable results, at some point I just stopped caring. If the Chiefs are just at a low point right now and commit to improve and be a decent team again, I'll stick around. But if this half-empty stadium, 4-12, lowest payroll in the league, greedy Texas trust fund baby laughs all the way to the bank bullshit becomes the status quo, I'm done. Honestly, my watching football interests have already substantially shifted from Sunday to Saturday. It really won't take much more of this shit to turn the Chiefs into the Royals.

We've had assclowns in charge for the last 20 years, Mr. frazod. I know you've "been there/done that", but I counsel patience. Actually, watching a team emerge from the rancid pits of abject failure to the panoramic vistas of consistent excellence can be very entertaining. There's pain involved, of course, but it can be enjoyable. The league is rife with examples of teams that have done it. There's no reason why we can't.

As for the "cheaps" thing, I know we don't have the biggest payroll on the block, but that's changing too. I've argued (and I believe) that there has been no good reason to pay probowlesque salaries to the scrub morons we've been fielding for the last 5 years or so. To that extent, I sympathize with Clark.

But keep this in mind ... he's opened the wallet for Pioli, Haley, Weis, and Crennel. We can be pretty darn sure that Weis and Crennel aren't going to stand for the idea of trying to win by fielding a pack of idiots every Sunday.

I predict that our player payroll will change over time, as well.

FAX

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2010, 11:51 AM
I enjoy deja-vu just as much as the next amnesiac, Mr. 'Hamas' Jenkins, but we've had this conversation before.

The question is .... MOOT!!! This is his first experience in this position, as you well know. It is, therefore, impossible to cite the examples for which you are fishing.

FAX

No, we have over a year of player transactions from which to judge.

dirk digler
03-05-2010, 12:01 PM
So far it looks like the Chiefs are living up to their cheap reputation. I know Arrowhead is always in locked down mode but there hasn't been even a hint that they are interested in any FA's outside of Sproles.

Titty Meat
03-05-2010, 12:06 PM
So far it looks like the Chiefs are living up to their cheap reputation. I know Arrowhead is always in locked down mode but there hasn't been even a hint that they are interested in any FA's outside of Sproles.

But they pad a GM 5 mil to do nothing

suds79
03-05-2010, 12:09 PM

Yep it's disappointing. I feel like we've officially become the Royals.

I heard this on the radio today and it was telling. Last 3 years? bottom 3 in payroll.

I guess you get what you pay for.

BIG_DADDY
03-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Taking out the garbage doesn't make the Chiefs the cheapest team.

Imaging the possibilities if we had not signed Cassel.

B_Ambuehl
03-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Right now there are good football players out there at multiple positions of need that could help this team and Pioli is waffling around with his thumb up his butt just like he did last year.

Last year we had definite needs at center and right tackle. There were good free agents available like Brown, Andrews, and Tauscher but we didnt' even give them a sniff.

You would think the light would've come on by now for some of the sheep that follow this team.

Chief Faithful
03-05-2010, 12:57 PM
If you are one of the worst teams you should be one of the lowest salaried teams.

BIG_DADDY
03-05-2010, 01:34 PM
It fucking amazes me what people expect from new management in the first year of a top to bottom rebuilding project. That's why I have stayed out of these threads for the most part. What a joke. "They better kick ass next season" whatever. They should be about a .500 team if things are going as they should. Anything above that is cream.

Titty Meat
03-05-2010, 01:36 PM
It ****ing amazes me what people expect from new management in the first year of a top to bottom rebuilding project. That's why I have stayed out of these threads for the most part. What a joke. "They better kick ass next season" whatever. They should be about a .500 team if things are going as they should. Anything above that is cream.

We all agree this team should be .500 next year however to do that they have to fill some holes. Signing guys like Engram , Brown, Goff, Vrabel, ect. just aren't going to do it.

T-post Tom
03-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Hey, Clark has to pay for all those stadium renovations....oh wait...

Saccopoo
03-05-2010, 04:17 PM
If that's the case, I won't be sticking around for it. These ****ers really need to show me something this year.

C'mon - be realistic. Pioli and Haley were handed an expansion team. A bad expansion team at that. 2-14 and 20 years of Peterson's drafting "prowess" and three years of Herm's "coaching."

Even if they nail the next three drafts, they are three years from being able to be competitive in the playoffs.

They made good moves in getting Crennel and Weis, and now can focus on building the team properly through the draft and supplementing those picks with smart free agent acquisitions.

What's going to "show you something" this next season? 6 wins? 8 wins? What do you expect/demand as a fan?

Were you so demonstrative and negative when they hired Herm, who took us from the 10-6 team we were in 2005, to a 9-7 record in 2006, then 4-12, to a woeful 2-14 while Peterson trades away guys like Allen?

Those two took this team from a playoff team to arguably the worst team in the NFL in three years. An now you demand that the current regime needs to show you something?

I guess that they could follow the path of a team like the Redskins, who change coaches every season and a half, ridiculously over-spend in free agency every year and still manage to put out garbage as a final product.

Fish
03-05-2010, 04:43 PM
C'mon - be realistic. Pioli and Haley were handed an expansion team. A bad expansion team at that. 2-14 and 20 years of Peterson's drafting "prowess" and three years of Herm's "coaching."

Even if they nail the next three drafts, they are three years from being able to be competitive in the playoffs.

They made good moves in getting Crennel and Weis, and now can focus on building the team properly through the draft and supplementing those picks with smart free agent acquisitions.

What's going to "show you something" this next season? 6 wins? 8 wins? What do you expect/demand as a fan?

Were you so demonstrative and negative when they hired Herm, who took us from the 10-6 team we were in 2005, to a 9-7 record in 2006, then 4-12, to a woeful 2-14 while Peterson trades away guys like Allen?

Those two took this team from a playoff team to arguably the worst team in the NFL in three years. An now you demand that the current regime needs to show you something?

I guess that they could follow the path of a team like the Redskins, who change coaches every season and a half, ridiculously over-spend in free agency every year and still manage to put out garbage as a final product.

JFC.... you're like the new TrueFan™ Cobra Commander.....

You did however, forget to tell him to "Have patience", and that "It's a process".

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Hell, draft clausen and flip cassel this year. Its not like we'd be out that much.
Posted via Mobile Device

You Sir, have been repped. :clap:

JFC.... you're like the new TrueFan™ Cobra Commander.....

You did however, forget to tell him to "Have patience", and that "It's a process".

ROFL They we're handed a solid, foundational draft class, and proceeded to go 180 degrees in the direction of the talent. How can people BE this fucking stupid?!

kcxiv
03-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Solid foundation my fucking ass 2-14 isnt solid anything.

|Zach|
03-06-2010, 06:55 PM

Bye

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Solid foundation my fucking ass 2-14 isnt solid anything.

THE PLAYERS DRAFTED IN 2008, YOU STUPID FUCK! THE PLAYERS!

DORSEY, ALBERT, AND FLOWERS.

SAUTO
03-06-2010, 06:57 PM
THE PLAYERS DRAFTED IN 2008, YOU STUPID FUCK! THE PLAYERS!

DORSEY, ALBERT, AND FLOWERS.

i think he knows what you were talking about. those players contributed to 2-14 no?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-06-2010, 07:28 PM
i think he knows what you were talking about. those players contributed to 2-14 no?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, and I'm very sorry those ROOKIES didn't carry Herm's sorry ass to a winning record. :rolleyes:

We were built to go 4-3, we didn't. End of story, beginning of suckage, bad, stupid-assed move by management.

GordonGekko
03-07-2010, 02:37 AM
pissing money at high priced free agents, who only manage to get hurt halfway through the season is not the way to go, ask the redskins and what it has done for them. the line has to be drawn however, if or when the chiefs refuse to pay their own productive players, but right now we don't really have great productive players except for charles who is on his rookie contract, so having a low payroll seems right. if we had a high payroll with non productive players then we are truly f'd in the A.

Chief Pote
03-07-2010, 06:35 AM
Don't ever think that the "Hunt" family is the least richest of the NFL owners.....quite the contrary. Football is just the fun stuff for them.

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2008/06/hunt200806?currentPage=1

notorious
03-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Don't ever think that the "Hunt" family is the least richest of the NFL owners.....quite the contrary. Football is just the fun stuff for them.

This just makes what is happening even more painful.

whoman69
03-07-2010, 10:26 AM
With the players we have right now I'm glad we have that low a payroll. Did anyone besides Charles really earn the right to be paid in the upper echelons? Hunt has gone on the cheap since he took over the team. He is going to need to show that he is willing to go after talent when its available and that he is willing to pay talent to keep them on the roster. He hasn't done that so far.

Chickasaw
03-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Maybe Pioli is bringing in players that want to play for a TEAM, instead of a paycheck. Ever think about that.

oldandslow
03-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Maybe Pioli is bringing in players that want to play for a TEAM, instead of a paycheck. Ever think about that.

Everyone plays for the paycheck...they may want to win, be proud etc, but offer them a coupla million dollars more - they are gone.

Which is how it is in a capitalist economy. Don't tell me you wouldn't do the same thing.

If the cap goes away (it is going too), and the Hunt's don't come up with a better game plan, being a Chiefs' fan is going to become a very tortuous prospect.

milkman
03-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Everyone plays for the paycheck...they may want to win, be proud etc, but offer them a coupla million dollars more - they are gone.

Which is how it is in a capitalist economy. Don't tell me you wouldn't do the same thing.

If the cap goes away (it is going too), and the Hunt's don't come up with a better game plan, being a Chiefs' fan is going to become a very tortuous prospect.

Become?

beach tribe
03-07-2010, 11:39 AM
ROFL

We stomped the Broncos asses with the lowest payroll in the league.ROFLROFL

beach tribe
03-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Become?

Seriously. If this is not torture, then I don't want to be around when it starts.

Come On! 3 years of Herm? It doesn't get much more torturous than that.

beach tribe
03-07-2010, 11:43 AM

I've said this repeatedly. The Hunts have PLENTY of money.

beach tribe
03-07-2010, 11:46 AM
This just makes what is happening even more painful.

Not for me. I have been behind this approach since they first started it.
Build the damn team through the draft, and then fill the missing pieces with FAs.
That's how they said they were going to do it, that's how they've been doing it, and that's how they are going to continue to do it.
**** over priced FAs, and such. I want a team built to contend for a decade.

notorious
03-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Not for me. I have been behind this approach since they first started it.
Build the damn team through the draft, and then fill the missing pieces with FAs.
That's how they said they were going to do it, that's how they've been doing it, and that's how they are going to continue to do it.
**** over priced FAs, and such. I want a team built to contend for a decade.

I don't want the overpriced FA's either. I didn't see a whole lot out there worth going for except for Boldin (maybe).

As always, timing and bad decisions from the previous off-season has kicked this franchise square in the nuts.