PDA

View Full Version : Football Arizona close to trading Boldin

Pages : [1] 2

Mr. Laz
03-05-2010, 03:11 PM
they have been talking to the Chiefs,Baltimore and some other teams and it looks like Baltimore is the leader and something is about to get done.

per Shefter

Bill Lundberg
03-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Jesus H Christ are you serious!

tymania
COME ON PIOLI MAKE THE DEAL

Pasta Little Brioni
From the other thread New England is the other team

KCrockaholic
Fucking Ravens! Fuck You Baltimore.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Do not make this deal, Pioli.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2010, 03:15 PM
From the other thread New England is the other team
prolly ... i was just passing by the t.v. and heard it and couldn't remember the whole list. :)

thanks

Frazod
03-05-2010, 03:15 PM

Why the hell not?

Bane
03-05-2010, 03:16 PM
****ing Ravens! **** You Baltimore.

This.

MMXcalibur

Ok, I'll take that into considerati.....oops....

The Bad Guy
If we could get Anquan for a 3rd and give him only 3-4 years, I'd be OK with it.

I actually think Boldin is the best fit for the Weis short passing game.

ShowtimeSBMVP
****ing Ravens! **** You Baltimore.

why are u doging baltimore lol blame the chiefs there the cheap asss

Mr. Flopnuts
03-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Why the hell not?

A 3rd round pick for a guy with one year left on his deal is bad form. We need to have a reasonable contract extension in place.

Besides that though, he's getting older, he's now injury prone, and if he outperforms his contract in the first couple of years we know he'll whine about it until a new one gets done.

I'm not a big fan of this at all, but if they trade a 3rd round pick without a contract extension I'm going to stroke out.

KCrockaholic
03-05-2010, 03:18 PM
why are u doging baltimore lol blame the chiefs there the cheap asss

Because I will be bitter and jealous if they get this deal.

BigCatDaddy
03-05-2010, 03:19 PM
A 3rd round pick for a guy with one year left on his deal is bad form. We need to have a reasonable contract extension in place.

Besides that though, he's getting older, he's now injury prone, and if he outperforms his contract in the first couple of years we know he'll whine about it until a new one gets done.

I'm not a big fan of this at all, but if they trade a 3rd round pick without a contract extension I'm going to stroke out.

They can always franchise him or tender him down the road I believe, so it's not like he would walk as a UFA.

T-post Tom
03-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Same discussion in two threads.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-05-2010, 03:20 PM
They can always franchise him or tender him down the road I believe, so it's not like he would walk as a UFA.

Unless of course he's dogged a hamstring injury all next year much like he was this past year. I'll stay in the minority that hopes this doesn't happen. I'd rather draft a WR at this point.

If we can get a reasonable contract extension in place, I'm okay with it.

Frazod
03-05-2010, 03:21 PM

Okay. :sulk:

ModSocks
03-05-2010, 03:21 PM

Everyone keeps mentioning how he's injury prone. Dude is TOUGH. He may get injured and nicked up here and there, but he'll get his ass back onto that field and play.

And if he starts whining, he'll be old enough to cut anyway

Mr. Flopnuts
03-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Everyone keeps mentioning how he's injury prone. Dude is TOUGH. He may get injured and nicked up here and there, but he'll get his ass back onto that field and play.

Yeah, at a much less effective level. We need to get a reasonable contract extension in place. If he's still demanding 10 million a year, and we're going to trade a 3rd rounder for him for just this year we're epically stupid. We're not going anywhere in 2010.

-King-
03-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Patriots are already anticipating Moss leaving next year huh? So in 2010, it will be Moss - Boldin - Welker ..... Uh... good thing we don't play them. Even if Welker isn't fully recovered, Edelman(sp) would look good playing slot between Moss and Boldin.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Okay. :sulk:

Honestly I'm not a huge fan anymore. I really wanted him last year, but not so much this year. That said, if we can get a contract extension in place, I can get pretty excited about this. Without the contract extension though, we're throwing away draft picks IMHO.

ModSocks
03-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Yeah, at a much less effective level. We need to get a reasonable contract extension in place. If he's still demanding 10 million a year, and we're going to trade a 3rd rounder for him for just this year we're epically stupid. We're not going anywhere in 2010.

I highly doubt Pioli isn't prepared to pay the man. No GM is going to trade for player without knowing what he wants to get paid. You're right, that would be epicly (is that a word?) stupid.

Trade for his ass and then you still have all offseason to hammer out that contract.

mcaj22
When I think of injury prone I don't think of it as a guy that got some plates in his face/head because he stuck his body out on a play that his QB hung him out to dry on, but was willing to make the catch anyway, where 98% percent of the WRs in the league probably wouldn't have even bothered. Only for that guy to return and play in the same season. That's not what I consider injury prone. I consider this guy a decent player who plays the game. That said I don't want the Chiefs to get him and then pay him in the same way we did Cassel last offseason. So hopefully the Ravens make that leap and offer a 2nd rounder.

KCrockaholic
Honestly I'm not a huge fan anymore. I really wanted him last year, but not so much this year. That said, if we can get a contract extension in place, I can get pretty excited about this. Without the contract extension though, we're throwing away draft picks IMHO.

What would be the difference if we just got the extension a week later instead of today? I would only be pissed if he didn't get an extension. I just don't care when they get it done as long as it gets done.

BigCatDaddy
I wouldn't be against giving up 2B if it takes that. You basically traded Tony for Boldin. I think that's a good deal for us given Boldin in 3-4 years younger.

The Bad Guy

I don't see it that way.

Put the transition tag on him next year if you're that worried about it.

The Franchise
Please God......go to Baltimore. That would allow us to sign Kevin Walter.

nychief
03-05-2010, 03:26 PM

kevin walter is the poor man's lance long!

ModSocks
Damn it! I cant keep up with both Boldin threads!

KCrockaholic

If we let Chambers walk, why can't we have both Walter and Boldin?

ModSocks
kevin walter is the poor man's lance long!

uhmmm......I know you're kidding.....why am I responding?

'Hamas' Jenkins
Boldin's going to be 30 this year, he's gonna want huge money, it will cost us a draft pick, and he's played a full 16 games a grand total of 2 times in his career.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-05-2010, 03:27 PM
What would be the difference if we just got the extension a week later instead of today? I would only be pissed if he didn't get an extension. I just don't care when they get it done as long as it gets done.

It's the gamble. If they don't have the deal in place they at least need to know that he's game to sign a new deal with us, and what the expectations are for that contract.

BigRedChief
03-05-2010, 03:28 PM
they have been talking to the Chiefs,Baltimore and some other teams and it looks like Baltimore is the leader and something is about to get done.

per Shefter
I posted this BS rumor yesterday and labled it as such. Not even worthy of making the email list.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-05-2010, 03:28 PM
I don't see it that way.

Put the transition tag on him next year if you're that worried about it.

Arizona is getting rid of him because he's such a bitch about those tags. Why would we want to bring that into our young locker room? Just my opinion, but I'm not interested without a new 4-5 year deal.

KCrockaholic
03-05-2010, 03:29 PM
It's the gamble. If they don't have the deal in place they at least need to know that he's game to sign a new deal with us, and what the expectations are for that contract.

That would come down to a verbal discussion with Boldin. I don't think our management is dumb enough to trade for a guy like Boldin and give away a 3rd, and not sign him to an extension. They did something similar last year with Cassel.

The Bad Guy
I posted this BS rumor yesterday and labled it as such. Not even worthy of making the email list.

Not what my source told me.

nychief

well, if BRC says it's BS... i tend to believe him. thanks bro.

Mr. Flopnuts
That would come down to a verbal discussion with Boldin. I don't think our management is dumb enough to trade for a guy like Boldin and give away a 3rd, and not sign him to an extension. They did something similar last year with Cassel.

I agree. But if we get him I'm going to be holding my breath until that deal is done.

doomy3
I won't be mad about this, but would prefer to draft a Golden Tate, Demaryious Thomas, Benn, Gilyard, Williams, etc in the second or 3rd instead of this.

That said, Boldin is a stud, and would make us better.

SenselessChiefsFan
03-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Boldin's going to be 30 this year, he's gonna want huge money, it will cost us a draft pick, and he's played a full 16 games a grand total of 2 times in his career.

But other than that.....ROFL

KCrockaholic
03-05-2010, 03:32 PM
I won't be mad about this, but would prefer to draft a Golden Tate, Demaryious Thomas, Benn, Gilyard, Williams, etc in the second or 3rd instead of this.

I would love all of those WR's you named except for Williams. But if we did get Boldin, it would be a fair assessment of Cassel throughout the season. After the season we would know if he is a dud or not.

dirk digler
Depending on the pick I would be ok with it. But I wouldn't use any of our 2nd round picks for him.

ModSocks

Ima have to disagree with you. Boldin knows the offense and can contribute right away. Tate won't fall into the 2nd after his combine numbers, Benn wont either. Gilyard? Meh.

I'd rather have Boldin for 3-4 years and draft a WR next year in what is suppose to be a great class.

This years draft needs to fix the D and O-Line.

Dayze
03-05-2010, 03:33 PM
offer them a 4th and some pie.
then I'd do it.

SenselessChiefsFan
This third round pick would be like a second rounder in most years. I prefer the Chiefs not make the deal. Now, I like Boldin. I think he is a good WR and Haley knows him very well.

'Hamas' Jenkins

You'll probably get Thomas in the 3rd or 4th round b/c he snapped his foot.

KCrockaholic
Depending on the pick I would be ok with it. But I wouldn't use any of our 2nd round picks for him.

The most I would do would be our 3rd, and our last 5th for him. But not a second.

Mr. Laz
is the Chiefs interest that you consider BS or the whole Boldin trade?

BigRedChief
well, if BRC says it's BS... i tend to believe him. thanks bro.welll its from a new local media guy that I've never used before.

Here's what I heard and posted yesterday.

We offered a 3rd rounder in 2011 for Bouldin. Goes to a 2nd if he plays in 15 of 16 games and gets 900 yards. Framework of a contract worked out with Bouldin. 3 year deal.

BossChief
03-05-2010, 03:34 PM
They can always franchise him or tender him down the road I believe, so it's not like he would walk as a UFA.I dont want any part of him unless the contract distraction is in the rear view mirror when the trade is finalized. Otherwise we are begging to get fucked.

please spill the beans.

We need some new info.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Ima have to disagree with you. Boldin knows the offense and can contribute right away. Tate won't fall into the 2nd after his combine numbers, Benn wont either. Gilyard? Meh.

I'd rather have Boldin for 3-4 years and draft a WR next year in what is suppose to be a great class.

This years draft needs to fix the D and O-Line.

Benn is prime to fall to the second round. Gilyard could be there at 3a, which would be great value, because he's a perfect slot receiver. Quick in small spaces with really good hands, and he'll solve our PR issues.

The Chiefs would be wise to find a slot WR in round 3 of this draft and then get a legit #1 WR or QBOTF in round 1 next year.

ModSocks
03-05-2010, 03:35 PM
welll its from a new local media guy that I've never used before.

We offered a 3rd rounder in 2011 for Bouldin. Goes to a 2nd if he plays in 15 of 16 games and gets 900 yards. Framework of a contract worked out with Bouldin. 3 year deal.

That would suck. I'd rather just give up this years 3rd and still have next years 2nd

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2010, 03:36 PM

At some point, you can't rebuild your motherfucking team if you keep giving up 2nd rounders.

KCrockaholic

Nice. I could deal with that. A 3rd next year equates to a 4th this year.

The Bad Guy
The info I've been told is that the Chiefs have been putting feelers out to Arizona for weeks now about Boldin.

The Chiefs initial offer was a 3 which would turn into a conditional 2 next year based on incentives the first year he is here.

However, now with the Ravens and Patriots in the mix, the compensation is elevated to a 2. The Chiefs would have to surrender the 2nd rounder from Atlanta for him.

I'm told that if they do that, he is going to be a Chief.

-King-

If it's like that, then I don't see how even the anti-Boldin people can say no.

MMXcalibur
Considering how much Haley swapped wideouts in and out last season as well as leading the league in dropped passes, methinks we'll be the ones to get this thing done before Baltimore.

BigRedChief
03-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Besides the proven track record of "the source" your info has been the most spot on. I didn't consider my guys info seriously....guess I'll have to reconsider him?:hmmm:

OnTheWarpath15
At some point, you can't rebuild your motherfucking team if you keep giving up 2nd rounders.

What? /Carl

-King-
The info I've been told is that the Chiefs have been putting feelers out to Arizona for weeks now about Boldin.

The Chiefs initial offer was a 3 which would turn into a conditional 2 next year based on incentives the first year he is here.

However, now with the Ravens and Patriots in the mix, the compensation is elevated to a 2. The Chiefs would have to surrender the 2nd rounder from Atlanta for him.

Yikes. That's probably too much.

ModSocks
Benn is prime to fall to the second round. Gilyard could be there at 3a, which would be great value, because he's a perfect slot receiver. Quick in small spaces with really good hands, and he'll solve our PR issues.

The Chiefs would be wise to find a slot WR in round 3 of this draft and then get a legit #1 WR or QBOTF in round 1 next year.

But would you want to use a 2nd on a WR this year or draft some defensive playmakers? Im aboard the trade for Boldin and spend our first 3 picks on D Bandwagon.....that i just made up, lol.

Mr. Flopnuts

Fuck. That.

KCrockaholic
03-05-2010, 03:38 PM

Ugh. No. But if you think about it, it would be like trading Tony Gonzalez for Anquan Boldin. Would you do it?

Mr. Flopnuts
If it's like that, then I don't see how even the anti-Boldin people can say no.

I'd be all over that.

-King-
Fuck. That.

Yup. The first 2 rounds of this draft are really strong. So I'll pass.

Dayze
03-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Ugh. No. But if you think about it, it would be like trading Tony Gonzalez for Anquan Boldin. Would you do it?

No.

OnTheWarpath15

Jesus fuck.

I wasn't thrilled about losing a 3rd, but if they give up the 50th pick in one of the deepest draft in recent memory for a 30 year old WR2 with injuries concerns...

BigRedChief

I'm told that if they do that, he is going to be a Chief.Holy crap sounds like that new source of mine actually knew something.:eek:

Mr. Flopnuts
Yup. The first 2 rounds of this draft are really strong. So I'll pass.

Especially on a 1 year rental for a 4-12 team. Get the fuck out of this game immediately AFAIC.

-King-
I have a weird feeling that we will indeed give up our 2b for him.:shake:

MMXcalibur
Not liking the idea of swapping a mid-2nd round pick for Boldin.

Fuck you, Baltimore.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2010, 03:40 PM

man, that's alot.

that is our Rushbacker or Olineman draft upgrade spot imo

1. Berry/Clausen
2a. Cody/OLB
2b. OLB/Oline

nychief
03-05-2010, 03:40 PM
****. That.

no. i'd rather give the broncos the 5th pick for marshall.

the Talking Can
03-05-2010, 03:41 PM

fuck that in the ear....that would be a crime

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2010, 03:41 PM
But would you want to use a 2nd on a WR this year or draft some defensive playmakers? Im aboard the trade for Boldin and spend our first 3 picks on D Bandwagon.....that i just made up, lol.

This team isn't going to be any good until 2013 at the earliest. I'm not pissing away picks on a guy who is going to be 33 years old whenever we have an outside shot to actually compete.***

***This is also incredibly optimistic, as after we replace Matt Cassel our QBOTF is going to need at least 2 years of reps.

The Bad Guy
03-05-2010, 03:42 PM
The Chiefs were really trying to pus the 3rd in 2011 upgradable to a 2nd in 11, but that fell on deaf ears.

The Cardinals do have legit interest in Derrick Johnson so there's a slight, and I emphasize slight chance that he could be involved.

ModSocks
Yeah.....I dont know about the 2b......that's a bit much.

But, if Pioli did it, I wouldn't be too upset about it. especially if he drafts the way he did last year.

OnTheWarpath15
This team isn't going to be any good until 2013 at the earliest. I'm not pissing away picks on a guy who is going to be 33 years old whenever we have an outside shot to actually compete.***

***This is also incredibly optimistic, as after we replace Matt Cassel our QBOTF is going to need at least 2 years of reps.

It will take longer than that if we keep giving up valuable draft picks for injury prone 30-somethings.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Jesus fuck.

I wasn't thrilled about losing a 3rd, but if they give up the 50th pick in one of the deepest draft in recent memory for a 30 year old WR2 with injuries concerns...

And draft Brian Bulaga at #5, we'll win 7 or 8 games next year (because our schedule is a fucking joke).

People will sing the praises of Pioli's genius, all the while not realizing that those moves were a Pyrrhic victory.

Mr. Flopnuts
no. i'd rather give the broncos the 5th pick for marshall.

Now I'm going to get myself in deep shit around here. Me too.

The Bad Guy
I think it's incredibly ignorant to say that this team can't compete until 2013. Honestly, what is that based on?

I'm not for trading for Boldin though.

Bill Lundberg
RavensInsider (http://twitter.com/RavensInsider)
Now, a different source tells me Patriots are pulling out after Belichick pursued it to the point where they were regarded as frontrunner.

Hootie
03-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Jesus ****.

he's had 5 of his 7 seasons with 1000+ yards and averages about 12.5 games played per year...

for the 50th overall..

WE COULD DO A HELL OF A LOT WORSE.

Man...

You drafturbators never cease to amaze me.

It's like you don't understand odds...

Go through the past 5 years of 2nd round picks and tell me the odds of us landing someone better than Anquan Boldin?

And then tell me the odds of us getting someone much worse than Anquan Boldin.

Mr. Flopnuts
I think it's incredibly ignorant to say that this team can't compete until 2013. Honestly, what is that based on?

I don't believe that. We make the right moves this year in free agency and the draft, and do it again next year we'll be competing in 2011.

The Bad Guy
Now, a different source tells me Patriots are pulling out after Belichick pursued it to the point where they were regarded as frontrunner.

It's the Ravens or the Chiefs.

BB got involved because he views the Colts and the Ravens as the biggest threats in the AFC.

Marco Polo
The Chiefs were really trying to pus the 3rd in 2011 upgradable to a 2nd in 11, but that fell on deaf ears.

The Cardinals do have legit interest in Derrick Johnson so there's a slight, and I emphasize slight chance that he could be involved.

So DJ and our 5th? :shrug: I could live with that beings how we didn't play DJ for most of the year anyway.

dirk digler
Fuck. That.

This. That.

Mr. Flopnuts
he's had 5 of his 7 seasons with 1000+ yards and averages about 12.5 games played per year...

for the 50th overall..

Man...

Go through the past 5 years of 2nd round picks and tell me the odds of us landing someone better than Anquan Boldin?

He was dogged from week 1 on with a hamstring injury last year. A fucking hamstring injury. And he's got 1 year left on his deal. We don't need 1 year rentals right now.

'Hamas' Jenkins
If your GM comes from a Pro Personnel background and keeps offering up draft picks to other teams for veterans, it's generally a pretty good indicator that he has no fucking clue how to spot talent in the draft.

Hootie
03-05-2010, 03:45 PM
they didn't do so bad the last time they traded picks for receivers...

OnTheWarpath15
03-05-2010, 03:46 PM

for the 50th overall..

Man...

Is your faith in the Executive of the Decade waning?

Icon
I'm on board to fix this broken bus for the long haul. Trading this year's 2nd rounder in a very good draft for a 30-year old WR with an injury history doesn't make sense. If we were 2 or 3 players away from making a run at the Super Bowl I would say do it. But we're not. Please say no Pioli!

Hootie
He was dogged from week 1 on with a hamstring injury last year. A ****ing hamstring injury. And he's got 1 year left on his deal. We don't need 1 year rentals right now.

and he still managed 84 receptions and 1000 yards...

I understand the value of the draft but some people on this site take it a step TOO far.

Hootie
03-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Is your faith in the Executive of the Decade waning?

Trading a mid 2nd for Anquan Boldin would do nothing to sway me either way...

In fact, I don't see how anyone could argue Tony Gonzalez for Anquan Boldin being a bad deal.

But you guys hate Pioli so...

doomy3
You'll probably get Thomas in the 3rd or 4th round b/c he snapped his foot.

And I think he'll be the best out of all of them, personally. Would love to have him.

OnTheWarpath15
I don't believe that. We make the right moves this year in free agency and the draft, and do it again next year we'll be competing in 2011.

Lets look at what has transpired over the last 12 months of the Pioli regime.

What has he done to make you think we're going to make the right moves in FA, much less the draft, and then REPEAT the process?

'Hamas' Jenkins

for the 50th overall..

Man...

It's obvious that you don't understand the draft.

The draft isn't a "crapshoot". The Steelers, Packers, Colts, and Ravens aren't "lucky". They are good at identifying and finding talent through the draft.

If this were merely an X percent chance of finding a younger player who will be good for a long period of time, then you'd have a point, but it's not. This isn't playing a flush draw. You should be able to evaluate and discern talented individuals if you want your team to succeed in the modern NFL.

Dayze
03-05-2010, 03:48 PM
If your GM comes from a Pro Personnel background and keeps offering up draft picks to other teams for veterans, it's generally a pretty good indicator that he has no fucking clue how to spot talent in the draft.

:thumb:
agree. we have quite this history of doing this.

Hootie
03-05-2010, 03:49 PM
damn maybe we could get Jordy Nelson Jr. at #50 overall instead of Boldin!

Mr. Flopnuts

I understand the value of the draft but some people on this site take it a step TOO far.

It's a deep draft. Last year I would've been ALL OVER this deal. Between this year's class, and his injury problems last year and years before it even, I've changed my mind.

Even if they gave up the 2nd, as long as they wrapped him up for a few years at a reasonable price I could live with it. I wouldn't be happy, but it wouldn't be epically stupid like some of the moves last year. Cough, Cassel, cough.

OnTheWarpath15

Is Larry Fitzgerald and Kurt Warner coming with him?

Christ, he'd be lining up next to Dwayne Bowe and catching passes from Matt Cassel.

He's a band-aid on a sucking chest wound.

'Hamas' Jenkins

Quarterback.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2010, 03:50 PM
no. i'd rather give trade back and pick up another pick and then trade our 1st round to the broncos for marshall.
FYP :D

Mr. Flopnuts
Lets look at what has transpired over the last 12 months of the Pioli regime.

What has he done to make you think we're going to make the right moves in FA, much less the draft, and then REPEAT the process?

I'm skeptical. But I can't give up. I'd have to stop watching.

OnTheWarpath15

The draft isn't a "crapshoot". The Steelers, Packers, Colts, and Ravens aren't "lucky". They are good at identifying and finding talent through the draft.

If this were merely an X percent chance of finding a younger player who will be good for a long period of time, then you'd have a point, but it's not. This isn't playing a flush draw. You should be able to evaluate and discern talented individuals if you want your team to succeed in the modern NFL.

Well said.

Chiefnj2
3rd rounder yes, for the rumored deal.

2b - no. It would be exactly like swapping TG for Boldin, and missing a year of productivity. They should have just kept TG if they do this.

ModSocks
03-05-2010, 03:51 PM

So the fucker drove up the price on us. Thanks asshat. Another reason to hate BB

WildTurkey
03-05-2010, 03:52 PM
If your GM comes from a Pro Personnel background and keeps offering up draft picks to other teams for veterans, it's generally a pretty good indicator that he has no ****ing clue how to spot talent in the draft.

He's pulled off good trades similar to this in acquiring both Moss and Welker.... If he thinks Boldin can give us some pro bowl seasons than I don't have a problem with a mid to late second rounder... we need some fucking talent and I really don't give a rats ass on how it's done just as long as it's done

OnTheWarpath15
I'm skeptical. But I can't give up. I'd have to stop watching.

Oh, I'm not giving up. I'll watch this team until the day I die.

That doesn't mean I'm going to blindly think this team will be competing for a championship anytime soon without a shred of evidence to back that thought.

Pasta Little Brioni
Is Larry Fitzgerald and Kurt Warner coming with him?

Christ, he'd be lining up next to Dwayne Bowe and catching passes from Matt Cassel.

He's a band-aid on a sucking chest wound.

I can understand not wanting to trade for him, but he performed before Fitz was on the team and did well catching passes from the likes of Josh McCown.

Basileus777
I wouldn't do it for a 2nd rounder, no way.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Oh, I'm not giving up. I'll watch this team until the day I die.

That doesn't mean I'm going to blindly think this team will be competing for a championship anytime soon without a shred of evidence to back that thought.

I'm not doing that at all. I'm just trying to take the perspective of a pitcher that gave up a home run. Forget about it and focus on the next pitch.

The Franchise
03-05-2010, 03:53 PM
So the fucker drove up the price on us. Thanks asshat. Another reason to hate BB

Yeah....and after we gave him a 2nd round pick for a worthless QB and a broke dick LB.

DJ's left nut
03-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Maybe this is good news. They're not going to trade for an All-Pro WR and pair him with that bleeding vag of a QB we have.

Surely they'd draft Clausen if they make this deal. At that point, we may actually be able to put together a passable offense by week 8.

Mr. Flopnuts
Yeah....and after we gave him a 2nd round pick for a worthless QB and a broke dick LB.

Heh, that just got extended at a few million for another year. For everyone happy that we didn't sign Chester Taylor, remember, Vrabel is making more money this year from what I've heard.

Mr. Laz
i think that's exactly what he did

who knows, maybe he called Pioli and asked him to help drive the price up and the Chiefs aren't really that interested either.

dirk digler
3rd rounder yes, for the rumored deal.

2b - no. It would be exactly like swapping TG for Boldin, and missing a year of productivity. They should have just kept TG if they do this.

Yep. At least Tony was never injury prone.

OnTheWarpath15
03-05-2010, 03:55 PM
I can understand not wanting to trade for him, but he performed before Fitz was on the team and did well catching passes from the likes of Josh McCown.

Great. Can we trade for a 23 year old rookie Anquan Boldin?

Mr. Flopnuts
i think that's exactly what he did

who knows, maybe he called Pioli and asked him to help drive the price up and the Chiefs aren't really that interested either.

LMAO Oh I would laugh my ass off if Baltimore got duped. Highly unlikely, but delicious to chew on.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Maybe this is good news. They're not going to trade for an All-Pro WR and pair him with that bleeding vag of a QB we have.

Surely they'd draft Clausen if they make this deal. At that point, we may actually be able to put together a passable offense by week 8.

No, they'll trade for Boldin and pair him with a fucking LT that we don't need, thus pissing away first and second round picks in not one, but two consecutive drafts.

The Bad Guy
03-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Boldin put up 101 catches for 1377 yards and 8 TDs his rookie year catching passes from Josh McCown.

Let's not make it sound like Kurt Warner or Larry Fitzgerald made Anquan Boldin.

Chiefnj2

Luck has a lot to do with it. Look at the Ravens. How have they done with Wide Receivers? Why are they looking at Boldin if it is easy for them in the draft? Maybe because they've taken Figurs, Williams and Darling in the draft and those guys didn't work out too well. How is Limas Sweed working out for Pitt?

Titty Meat
I'd love to get Boldin.

Direckshun
03-05-2010, 03:57 PM
What's the story now?

I know Baltimore is considered to be in the lead. KC is involved, the Pats want in.

Any new news?

The Franchise
03-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Luck has a lot to do with it. Look at the Ravens. How have they done with Wide Receivers? Why are they looking at Boldin if it is easy for them in the draft? Maybe because they've taken Figurs, Williams and Darling in the draft and those guys didn't work out too well. How is Limas Sweed working out for Pitt?

The Ravens are looking at trading for Boldin because they are in WIN NOW. They don't want to wait the time it's going to take for a young WR to get acclimated to the NFL. The Chiefs on the other hand won't be competitive for another 2-3 years. We have the time to wait.

OnTheWarpath15
03-05-2010, 03:58 PM

That's extremely optimistic.

That bleeding vag of a QB might as well be Pioli's flesh and blood.

OnTheWarpath15
03-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Boldin put up 101 catches for 1377 yards and 8 TDs his rookie year catching passes from Josh McCown.

Let's not make it sound like Kurt Warner or Larry Fitzgerald made Anquan Boldin.

Like I said, if we can get the 23 year old rookie Anquan Boldin, sign me up.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2010, 03:59 PM
I just want to go on record to say something:

The Chiefs are going to win 7-8 games in 2010 and ballwashers will be beside themselves talking about how Pioli has doubled the win total in two consecutive years.

In reality, we are going to play one of the worst divisions in NFL history next year (NFC West), Jacksonville, Buffalo, and Cleveland, on top of Denver and Oakland twice.

However, if we make those moves, we'll essentially have a team that can vacillate from 6-9 wins in its current configuration.

Chiefnj2
03-05-2010, 04:00 PM
The Ravens are looking at trading for Boldin because they are in WIN NOW. They don't want to wait the time it's going to take for a young WR to get acclimated to the NFL. The Chiefs on the other hand won't be competitive for another 2-3 years. We have the time to wait.

But the draft is easy according to some. Baltimore has drafted young receivers every draft the last 4-5 years or so, why would they have to use a 2nd round pick in a trade?

Direckshun
03-05-2010, 04:00 PM
What's the story now?

I know Baltimore is considered to be in the lead. KC is involved, the Pats want in.

Any new news?

Help me. :( Feed a starving man.

Chiefnj2
03-05-2010, 04:01 PM

The Chiefs are going to win 7-8 games in 2010 and ballwashers will be beside themselves talking about how Pioli has doubled the win total in two consecutive years.

In reality, we are going to play one of the worst divisions in NFL history next year (NFC West), Jacksonville, Buffalo, and Cleveland, on top of Denver and Oakland twice.

However, if we make those moves, we'll essentially have a team that can vacillate from 6-9 wins in its current configuration.

Doubling wins is bad!

Titty Meat
03-05-2010, 04:01 PM

Sorry dude but this sounds like a game of CYA.

Dayze
03-05-2010, 04:02 PM
I'd rather double our SB wins.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Help me. :( Feed a starving man.

Sorry. Everyone is going hungry right now. You have as much food as the rest of us. Except that NE is apparently out and it's down to Baltimore or KC but apparently KC would have to give up the 50th pick to get it done.

The Bad Guy
03-05-2010, 04:03 PM

Or they might win 10 games and make the playoffs.

OnTheWarpath15
Doubling wins is bad!

It is if you're not actually building towards anything.

Christ, this fanbase should know that better than any.

Make the moves that fill the seats, but aren't enough to win a playoff game when you get there once over 5 years.

OnTheWarpath15
I'd rather double our SB wins.

Someone who gets it.

nychief
03-05-2010, 04:04 PM
would you do the deal if brought back a pick from cardinals... a 5 or something?

'Hamas' Jenkins

And Pittsburgh also drafted Santonio Holmes, Nate Washington, and Hines Ward.

Baltimore does poorly with WRs because it's a legitimate weakness of their scouting department.

They don't just keep hitting on guys like Landry, Edwards, Adalius Thomas, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Ngata, Oher, Gaither, Rice, McAlister, and Suggs out of luck. None of those guys were picked higher than 10

BigCatDaddy

This.

Mr. Flopnuts

Make the moves that fill the seats, but aren't enough to win a playoff game when you get there once over 5 years.

You know how many people I've heard say they wish we were going 10-6 and getting bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs? No patience.

HotRoute
03-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Get it done pioli prove your not an idiot and pay the man

Dayze
03-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Or they might win 10 games and make the playoffs.

like 2006?

I'm ready fo the Chiefs to be the best team going into the playoffs. not an underdog.

I hear what you're saying though.

Chiefnj2
03-05-2010, 04:06 PM

Winning games starts a winning attitude. This team needs to learn how to win. You need a balanced team of vets and young guys to win. The team has money out the ass in an uncapped year.

'Hamas' Jenkins

Bullshit. It's someone who realizes what the schedule does to teams.

The Matt Cassel that threw for 4000 yards w/ Moss and Welker only did so b/c he faced the NFC and AFC West.

Vermeil used to bitch about the schedule all the time b/c he realized how important an easy schedule is to the perception of success.

KCrockaholic
And Pittsburgh also drafted Santonio Holmes, Nate Washington, and Hines Ward.

Baltimore does poorly with WRs because it's a legitimate weakness of their scouting department.

They don't just keep hitting on guys like Landry, Edwards, Adalius Thomas, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Ngata, Oher, Gaither, Rice, McAlister, and Suggs out of luck. None of those guys were picked higher than 10

Don't forget Burress.

OnTheWarpath15
03-05-2010, 04:07 PM
You know how many people I've heard say they wish we were going 10-6 and getting bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs? No patience.

Trust me, I know.

Funny how Clark Hunt says he wants to build through the draft, yet this franchise is notorious for giving up draft picks for coaches and older veterans.

And we're about to do it again?

OnTheWarpath15
03-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Winning games starts a winning attitude. This team needs to learn how to win. You need a balanced team of vets and young guys to win. The team has money out the ass in an uncapped year.

Can you get any more worthless cliches into that post?

Titty Meat
03-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Bullshit. It's someone who realizes what the schedule does to teams.

The Matt Cassel that threw for 4000 yards w/ Moss and Welker only did so b/c he faced the NFC and AFC West.

Vermeil used to bitch about the schedule all the time b/c he realized how important an easy schedule is to the perception of success.

So what WR in the 3rd round will put and same production as Boldin? Besides I thought Pioli couldn't draft. And look how they built in New England they traded picks for WR's.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2010, 04:09 PM

ROFL

dirk digler
03-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Trust me, I know.

Funny how Clark Hunt says he wants to build through the draft, yet this franchise is notorious for giving up draft picks for coaches and older veterans.

And we're about to do it again?

I am ok with a 3rd and possible upgrade to a 2nd next year based on performance but I will be pissed if we give up one of our 2nd's this year. We need all the help we can get not just 1 player.

BossChief
03-05-2010, 04:10 PM
I made a post a week or so ago and then again yesterday and Ill make the point again

there are two different types of people after they make a mistake:

a) the type that makes more mistakes to cover up the first one
b) the type that learns from its mistake and doesnt make it again.

If we trade a second for Boldin and draft Okung in the first, Pioli is officially the a) example

If we take Clausen/Berry and draft a starting WR, we are the b) option.

Mr. Flopnuts
I am ok with a 3rd and possible upgrade to a 2nd next year based on performance but I will be pissed if we give up one of our 2nd's this year. We need all the help we can get not just 1 player.

That was a great scenario IMO. I could live with that one with the reported 3 year deal already in place.

WildTurkey

can you put anymore worthless bitching in your posts :D I kid I kid but I honestly don't see a problem with adding a talented veteran WR

The Bad Guy
like 2006?

I'm ready fo the Chiefs to be the best team going into the playoffs. not an underdog.

I hear what you're saying though.

I don't plan on living forever, and I'd like to make the playoffs whenever we can. We've made the playoffs twice in 12 years. I'm not going to complain if this team wins 10 games and makes the playoffs.

Titty Meat
There is no need to draft a LT we got a good one.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2010, 04:11 PM
So what WR in the 3rd round will put and same production as Boldin? Besides I thought Pioli couldn't draft. And look how they built in New England they traded picks for WR's.

If you are already of the opinion that we can't draft, then give up, because this trade would just be rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

I don't think Pioli can draft, but I don't know that he can't draft. If he trades away a second rounder and drafts a fucking LT at 5 this year, then I'll know, and I can mentally check out until he's shitcanned.

Honestly, if it weren't for this site, I probably would have stopped caring about the Chiefs a while ago.

Dayze
03-05-2010, 04:13 PM
I understand what you mean, but frankly:
i want players that have killer instincts.
'winning attitude; is snakeoil coachspeak.. of course the your 'attitude' will be better if you're winning games.
I want a group of guys that consider it unacceptable to lose/blow games/ screw up/ fail to execute. guys that get sick to their stomach when thinking about it. refuse to fail.
Get a group of 53 like that, and you'll be on your way.

not guys that have great 'attitudes' when you're winning; anyone can do that.

Titty Meat
If you are already of the opinion that we can't draft, then give up, because this trade would just be rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

I don't think Pioli can draft, but I don't know that he can't draft. If he trades away a second rounder and drafts a ****ing LT at 5 this year, then I'll know, and I can mentally check out until he's shitcanned.

Honestly, if it weren't for this site, I probably would have stopped caring about the Chiefs a while ago.

I wouldn't trade a 2nd for Boldin but a 3rd is fine. I'm with you though if we drat another LT in the first round I'll give up.

ModSocks

I don't think Pioli can draft, but I don't know that he can't draft. If he trades away a second rounder and drafts a ****ing LT at 5 this year, then I'll know, and I can mentally check out until he's shitcanned.

Ahh....you care about us. I feel warm and fuzzy inside now =)

OnTheWarpath15
03-05-2010, 04:15 PM
I understand what you mean, but frankly:
i want players that have killer instincts.
'winning attitude; is snakeoil coachspeak.. of course the your 'attitude' will be better if you're winning games.
I want a group of guys that consider it unacceptable to lose/blow games/ screw up/ fail to execute. guys that get sick to their stomach when thinking about it. refuse to fail.
Get a group of 53 like that, and you'll be on your way.

not guys that have great 'attitudes' when you're winning; anyone can do that.

*cough*

Mike Vrabel

C'mon, cut Pioli some slack. It's a process. Because you know, it's not about having the most talented players, it's about having the right players.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2010, 04:17 PM
I wouldn't trade a 2nd for Boldin but a 3rd is fine. I'm with you though if we drat another LT in the first round I'll give up.

If we trade a 3rd, I'll be upset, but it's tolerable provided that he

1) Is a safety blanket for a new QB
2) He is signed to an extension, but for no more than 4 years

Basileus777
03-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Peter King: Ravens close to doing a deal for Anquan Boldin.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-05-2010, 04:18 PM

:clap:

Mr. Flopnuts
Peter King: Ravens close to doing a deal for Anquan Boldin.

:clap:

OnTheWarpath15

Agreed.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Peter King: Ravens close to doing a deal for Anquan Boldin.Peter King must be following Shefter on Twitter.

:)

Basileus777
03-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Peter King must be following Shefter on Twitter.

Aaron Wilson is the one breaking the news on this story, not Shefter.

Titty Meat

Well I should have mentioned that. Yes I would be upset too if they signed a guy who has 3 or 4 more years left to a 7 year contract.

Sure-Oz
It will be 'ravens recieve boldin for a 2011 3rd round round pick'

HotRoute
03-05-2010, 04:21 PM
So wasn't Baltimore part of this years last eight teams? How are they even able to bid on boldin? Isn't there some new rule that prevents this

'Hamas' Jenkins
The worst case scenario is us trading a second for Boldin, then drafting Bulaga or Okung so that we can surround Cassel with weapons.

Not only will we have added an aging and expensive player, but the guy orchestrating our offense would never be good enough to get it over the hump, and our defense will continue to huff ass.

Titty Meat
Nick Wright says Chiefs will land Anquan Boldin unless Baltimore decides to give up 2nd rounder... KC is leading contender right now, contrary to whatever Adam Schefter says. This would be a very good thing.

OnTheWarpath15
So wasn't Baltimore part of this years last eight teams? How are they even able to bid on boldin? Isn't there some new rule that prevents this

This is a trade, not free agency.

BossChief
03-05-2010, 04:22 PM

I can dig it.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2010, 04:22 PM
Bolding would be a trade not a free agent

different rules iirc

BossChief
03-05-2010, 04:23 PM
The worst case scenario is us trading a second for Boldin, then drafting Bulaga or Okung so that we can surround Cassel with weapons.

Not only will we have added an aging and expensive player, but the guy orchestrating our offense would never be good enough to get it over the hump, and our defense will continue to huff ass.

And we will have missed out on the strength of the draft.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2010, 04:23 PM
If another rumored trade were to take place, I could live with this.

OnTheWarpath15
03-05-2010, 04:24 PM

LMAO

doomy3

So, how do you feel about Cassel? I don't think I've ever seen you comment on him.

KCrockaholic
Nick Wright says Chiefs will land Anquan Boldin unless Baltimore decides to give up 2nd rounder... KC is leading contender right now, contrary to whatever Adam Schefter says. This would be a very good thing.

Wuht? All these sources are driving me insane.

Titty Meat

What do you mean?

SAUTO
Bolding would be a trade not a free agent

different rules iirc

yep and players that were cut can be signed by any team also. the only players the final 8 cant sign are players whose contracts are up.

doomy3
03-05-2010, 04:25 PM

What trade are you talking about?

Titty Meat
Wuht? All these sources are driving me insane.

Nick Wright is usually never right.

'Hamas' Jenkins
So, how do you feel about Cassel? I don't think I've ever seen you comment on him.

I'm planning on farting in a few minutes. You want to chase that in the wind as well?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2010, 04:26 PM
What trade are you talking about?

Fuck off.

doomy3
03-05-2010, 04:27 PM
**** off.

:spock:

I was being serious.

You said if another rumored trade took place, you could live with this. What are you talking about?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2010, 04:27 PM

I was being serious.

You said if another rumored trade took place, you could live with this. What are you talking about?

I am too.

Fuck off.

OnTheWarpath15
03-05-2010, 04:28 PM
I am too.

Fuck off.

Saw that coming.

KCrockaholic
03-05-2010, 04:28 PM
http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=2&c=951557&ssf=

Some stuff from WPI. Probably all BS, but its interesting.

doomy3
03-05-2010, 04:29 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2elaxbc.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Saw that coming.

Moral of the story:

Don't be a cocksucker.

dirk digler
03-05-2010, 04:33 PM

Nick Wright

ROFL

Miles
03-05-2010, 04:35 PM
SI_PeterKing

The Boldin deal is not done in Baltimore. But as I said, it is close. http://myloc.me/4tLwV

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Nick Wright

ROFL

I refuse to listen to KC sports radio, but what's the deal with this guy?

Is he just an epic fucking moron?

Sure-Oz
03-05-2010, 04:36 PM

Is he just an epic ****ing moron?

He's pals with tank tyler and turk mcbride, they got the inside scoop!

The Franchise
03-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Honestly....if it's a 3rd.....then whatever...I can live with it. If it's for a 2nd though.....it's beyond retarded.

Titty Meat
Nick Wright

ROFL

Like I said he's never right.

dirk digler

Is he just an epic fucking moron?

Pretty much. He said he wanted to keep Herm as head coach and that Herm wouldn't be fired. He is also the one that got in a fight with Petro. Of course Petro is a huge ass too.

Bill Lundberg
03-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Ravens are looking into WR trade target Anquan Boldin's medical history, Cardinals have released them, per a league source.

Basileus777
Ravens are looking into WR trade target Anquan Boldin's medical history, Cardinals have released them, per a league source.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Pretty much. He said he wanted to keep Herm as head coach and that Herm wouldn't be fired. He is also the one that got in a fight with Petro. Of course Petro is a huge ass too.

A fist fight or a verbal fight?

Titty Meat
03-05-2010, 04:41 PM

Domestic Violence.

dirk digler

verbal

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/NickWright.jpg

Sure-Oz

hot dog eating contest

Titty Meat
03-05-2010, 04:42 PM
lol @ Nicks Facebook followers defending him.

ChiTown
http://i46.tinypic.com/2elaxbc.jpg

ok, since I tend to disappear for long stretches at CP. Who is that a picture of?

TIA

The Bad Guy
There's a rumor that the Chiefs have dropped out because the Cardinals asked for the Falcons #2 and a swap of 2nd rounders.

However, the same rumor says the Ravens are getting him just for their 2nd, which is bullshit.

OnTheWarpath15

If true, it sounds like they could be contemplating giving up that late 2nd round pick.

rockymtnchief

:spock: If he's "released", there would be no trade talks. Just contract talks with Boldin.

Crush
03-05-2010, 04:43 PM

Hopefully, the Ravens like what they see.

The Franchise
There's a rumor that the Chiefs have dropped out because the Cardinals asked for the Falcons #2 and a swap of 2nd rounders.

However, the same rumor says the Ravens are getting him just for their 2nd, which is bullshit.

Christ.....asking a bit much there?

The Franchise
:spock: If he's "released", there would be no trade talks. Just contract talks with Boldin.

Reading comprehension....they've released the medical records.

OnTheWarpath15

Boldin's MEDICAL RECORDS have been released.

The Franchise
03-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Boldin's MEDICAL RECORDS have been released.

REPOST comprehension.

Crush

They released the medical records, not Boldin.

SenselessChiefsFan

They released the 'records'.... not the player.

Red Brooklyn
Just in case it's still unlcear...

Released "them" (as in the records) not "him" (as in Boldin).

rockymtnchief
03-05-2010, 04:45 PM
I ar and idiot.

Looking at the clock too much and reading to fast, sorry.

OnTheWarpath15

No shit.

That's roughly the equivalent of a late R1 pick.

pkane
verbal

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/NickWright.jpg

ROFLROFLROFLROFL
Thats not what I thought he would look like.

Bill Lundberg

<embed src="http://media.entertonement.com/embed/OpenEntPlayer.swf" id="1_c2db1ef0_28a8_11df_ad28_0019b9e56dac" name="1_c2db1ef0_28a8_11df_ad28_0019b9e56dac" flashvars="auto_play=false&clip_pid=qbbbrbyhfl&e=&id=1_c2db1ef0_28a8_11df_ad28_0019b9e56dac&skin_pid=wfxswdnlkf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" height="30" width="300">[/URL][URL="http://www.entertonement.com/clips/qbbbrbyhfl--He%27s-a-Real-douche-Jack-Black-Nacho-Libre-Nacho"]He's a Real douche sound bite (http://media.entertonement.com/embed/OpenEntPlayer.swf) Jack Black sound bites (http://www.entertonement.com/collections/1862/Jack-Black?ht_link=1_c2db1ef0_28a8_11df_ad28_0019b9e56dac)
http://www.entertonement.com/widgets/img/clip/qbbbrbyhfl/1/1_c2db1ef0_28a8_11df_ad28_0019b9e56dac/blank.gif

dirk digler
03-05-2010, 04:46 PM

Fuck that.

-King-

:facepalm: really?
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
REPOST comprehension.

You might want to focus on the guys that reposed a full minute+ after you, not the guy that posted within 5 seconds of you.

Fucker.

:D

Crush

The Cardinals are doing their best Zed and Maynard impression.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Reading comprehension....they've released the medical records.They released the medical records, not Boldin.They released the 'records'.... not the player.Just in case it's still unlcear...

Released "them" (as in the records) not "him" (as in Boldin).

:)ROFL

The Franchise
You might want to focus on the guys that reposed a full minute+ after you, not the guy that posted within 5 seconds of you.

Fucker.

ROFL

I didn't think that 8 fucking people would REPOST the same shit.

Titty Meat
So Boldin is released?

FAX
03-05-2010, 04:48 PM
It's cool that Arizona just went ahead and released Boldin.

FAX

Bill Lundberg
03-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Two sources told me Boldin deal is getting closer. Terms could be a third in 2010 and a sixth or seventh next year. Nothing done yet

Mr. Laz
03-05-2010, 04:49 PM
ROFL

I didn't think that 8 fucking people would REPOST the same shit.
never underestimate the desire of CPlanet to kick somebody when they're down.

T-post Tom
Report: Ravens, Chiefs Lead Race for Anquan Boldin, Patriots Out by Daniel Rathman on Mar 5, 2010 5:42:50 PM

The crop of wide receivers available as unrestricted free agents is slim this offseason, so teams looking to bolster their air attacks have turned to the trade market. The hottest commodity in the early going appears to be the Arizona Cardinals’ Anquan Boldin.

The Baltimore Ravens and Kansas City Chiefs are believed to be the leading contenders for Boldin, ESPN.com’s Adam Schefter reported via Twitter. The Patriots also made a brief foray into the race, according to a tweet by Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post, but it now appears that Bill Belichick merely entered the negotiations to drive up the price for the other interested teams.

The 29-year-old Boldin has been a dynamic threat for the Cardinals opposite Larry Fitzgerald, amassing more than 1,000 receiving yards in five of his seven NFL seasons. He has ideal size at 6-foot-1, 217 pounds, and both the soft hands and toughness to be an effective threat in the middle of the field. Boldin caught 84 passes for 1,024 yards and four touchdowns in 15 games last season.

The Cardinals -- who have four starting-caliber receivers with Fitzgerald, Boldin, Steve Breaston and Early Doucet -- have been looking to trade Boldin since last spring, but were unable to find a suitor willing to meet their asking price. Now that the price is down to just a third-round pick, interest has been plentiful.

Boldin is under contract for the 2010 season and will command a pricey deal once his current one expires, but even if his next team is unable to negotiate an extension, a third-round pick is a reasonable price to pay for a one-year difference-maker on offense.

http://www.nesn.com/2010/03/report-ravens-chiefs-lead-race-for-anquan-boldin-with-patriots-out.html

Crush
So Boldin is released?

Yes, but the asking price is a 2nd for his medical records.

ChiTown
Two sources told me Boldin deal is getting closer. Terms could be a third in 2010 and a sixth or seventh next year. Nothing done yet

That's a reasonable exchange.

Titty Meat
03-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Aww shit Nicks mad.

Nick Wright @David- A few things. Believe it or not Boldin doesn't decide where he's traded to. 2nd of all, you need to read more carefully. 3rd of all, I'm not just reading what people are saying online and reposting it, I have my own sources, and my sources say KC will get him unless Baltimore decides to give up a 2nd rounder. We shall see. And by the way, you're way over your "LOL" limit for a lifetime for a grown man.
7 minutes ago

The Franchise

I'd take that....but nothing more. He'll be a Raven though.

dirk digler

No way that could be the deal.

OnTheWarpath15

Uh, our 3rd this year is worth more than Baltimore's 2010 R3 and a 2011 R6 or R7. By about 100 points.

Titty Meat
03-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Uh, our 3rd this year is worth more than Baltimore's 2010 R3 and a 2011 R6 or R7.

Pioli is offering the 2A pick don't worry.

The Franchise
Uh, our 3rd this year is worth more than Baltimore's 2010 R3 and a 2011 R6 or R7.

Dude....look at the name. RavensInsider. It's probably just Nick on another website.

ChiTown

We must not be offering our 3rd

'Hamas' Jenkins
Link to the Petro/Wright thread, plz?

T-post Tom
SI.com's Peter King reports that the Ravens are "close" to finalizing a trade for Anquan Boldin.

Kansas City -- Baltimore's main rival in the Boldin sweepstakes -- is working with more second-day (second- and third-round) picks, but also has way more holes to fill. The Ravens were always Boldin's most likely landing spot. His run-blocking prowess would fit right in with their smash-mouth style, and Boldin is enough of a play-maker to fill the team's No. 1 receiver void.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35731489/ns/sports-player_news/

Bill Lundberg
03-05-2010, 04:52 PM

Yeah, maybe that 2011 pick is our breaking point. You don't just throw in the Jake O'Conell's of the world.

Red Brooklyn
Yes, but the asking price is a 2nd for his medical records.
ROFL

Sure-Oz

No way