PDA

View Full Version : Football Chiefs Intrested in RB Jones

journeyscarab
03-05-2010, 05:39 PM
According to Jason La Canfora, Chiefs are in the lead for RB Thomas Jones, but the Jets could still offer him a cheaper deal.

What a great 1-2 punch with Charles and Jones

KCrockaholic
03-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Eh. It would be OK...But don't we already have a thread for this?

The Bad Guy
03-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Hopefully he goes to the Jets.

KCrockaholic
03-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Hopefully he goes to the Jets.

I bet he could put up 1,400 with the Jets. He seems to fit that system best.

kcchiefsus
Will probably be one of the many guys we were "interested" in but never got around to signing.

TRR
I could care less about Thomas Jones. He's on the wrong side of 30 and at this point, anyone demanding carries away from Charles like I see Jones doing, is not a great addition IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCChiefsMan
03-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Jones will avg 3 yards per carry or less with this o-line. Charles made our o-line look better last season. I would prefer to work on the line and then you can make any RB look great.

Basileus777
We need another running back so I wouldn't be too upset, but I don't know how much he really has left at this point.

KCrockaholic
I could care less about Thomas Jones. He's on the wrong side of 30 and at this point, anyone demanding carries away from Charles like I see Jones doing, is not a great addition IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

Charles needs about 280 carries IMO. If Jones comes in and steals 50 from that, he is doing us no good.

Johnny Vegas
03-05-2010, 05:45 PM
wouldn't Jones want to be the starter? at least want starter money?

Easy 6
03-05-2010, 08:11 PM
wouldn't Jones want to be the starter? at least want starter money?

Eh, IMO he's an old pro who surely knows (but might not want to admit) where he's at in his career.

I'd sign him... for the right $, which seems to be basically impossible this year, he'll want to take advantage of things & score a fat here deal, but be offered a helmet & a $100... though once signed in my fantasy world, he would have to play whatever role he was dealt, which definitely has room to be significant, while still leaving no question as to which RB is #1 in KC.

But its a pipe dream anyway IMO... he'll probably take a demotion for a contender, but a rebuilder? its hard to see.

T-post Tom
03-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Maybe we could coax Barry Sanders out of retirement. :p

Micjones
03-05-2010, 09:19 PM
If we were closer it'd be a great signing.
At this point, I'd rather them draft one in the middle rounds.

chop
03-05-2010, 09:31 PM

Who cares if the Chiefs are "closer". They are not going to be able to fill all of thier needs in this draft so if they can pick up a guy that can help them out so be it. If the guy is over 30 just make it a shorter deal.

okiedokieokoye
03-05-2010, 09:36 PM
nothing wrong with this IMO

HotRoute
03-05-2010, 09:45 PM
The guy has dominated every where he's been why not pick him up.

KCbroncoHATER
03-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Does anyone know if Charles still wears a sling to hold his arm up?

Easy 6
03-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Does anyone know if Charles still wears a sling to hold his arm up?

His arm is camp ready, per Mort.

But apparently, Schefter just twitted Mort that there were some complications... surgeons had to call in the latest, most advanced military laser technology to remove Charles foot from various Dinver Donko Difenders asses.

DBOSHO
03-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Tssssssssssssss

hope you have some aloe vera for that burn.

chiefzilla1501
03-06-2010, 08:31 AM
I don't see the problem. Give Charles 15 carries per game. Give Jones 10. I don't care if you pay Jones handsomely to do it.

He's got about 2 years left in his tank, probably. Maybe more. And I'm sure he knows his role is to be a support back and that will probably be a move that will prolong his career.

At this point, the Chiefs need free agents. Because drafting Jones means that's just one less need to worry about in the draft. If you bring in Jones, you can feel comfortable bringing in a late round RB or focusing on bringing in an earlier round pick in the 2011 or 2012 draft.

It would be a good move. At this point, I'm just really skeptical that the Chiefs can pull it off. And yes, I'd still consider moving for Sproles at the right value, so this move would be made only if we can't pull that off.

Chiefs=Champions
03-06-2010, 08:52 AM
I do not want to over pay for 'falling down for a 3 yard pick up' jones

chiefzilla1501
03-06-2010, 08:57 AM

That's not exactly accurate. Jones works really hard for his yards. I'm very cool with the idea of having Jones as a change-of-pace back. A guy to wear down defenses--that will make Charles' speed even more dangerous.

I realize that this is nothing more than a 1-2 year fix. But at this stage, the Chiefs need some stopgaps.

TheGuardian
03-06-2010, 09:00 AM

Ignorant.............

FAX
03-06-2010, 09:04 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm with you on this, Mr. TRR. We definitely need someone to spell Charles. But, on the other hand, we may actually already have that guy on the team. Who knew what Charles had to offer until he got a starter's chance to show us?

Unless it's an experienced third down guy ... maybe. The kind of guy who can get the critical 2 yards you absolutely must have and the kind of guy who can catch and the kind of guy who can pass protect and the kind of guy who can lead the play through the hole and the kind of guy who also isn't 35 years old. I just don't know where you can find that kind of guy.

FAX

eazyb81
03-06-2010, 09:04 AM

I think we can easily do both. We really don't have any RBs behind Charles, so adding Jones and a mid-round pick would be fine.

Chiefs=Champions
03-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Ignorant.............

umm my brothers a huge bears fan. ive seen more of thomas jones than Charles. i also saw him play last year................................

FAX
03-06-2010, 09:07 AM
I think we can easily do both. We really don't have any RBs behind Charles, so adding Jones and a mid-round pick would be fine.

What about Kolby? That guy showed some spark before he was injured ... again.

FAX

Chiefs=Champions
03-06-2010, 09:10 AM
That's not exactly accurate. Jones works really hard for his yards. I'm very cool with the idea of having Jones as a change-of-pace back. A guy to wear down defenses--that will make Charles' speed even more dangerous.

I realize that this is nothing more than a 1-2 year fix. But at this stage, the Chiefs need some stopgaps.

if you watch him play, hes always falling falward towards the ground if that makes sense. not wat i want from my change of pace back. hes also old and will probably come at a high price. not worth it imo...

chiefzilla1501
03-06-2010, 09:17 AM
What about Kolby? That guy showed some spark before he was injured ... again.

FAX

Frankly, I was surprised the Chiefs brought him back at all. I think he's unfortunately just another version of Brodie Croyle--not a guy you can depend on to stay healthy a full season.

Chiefless
03-06-2010, 09:17 AM

Even if that's all he is (and, I believe he's more than that), isn't that what KC needs to compliment Charles. Many times last year The Chiefs needed a back to fall down for a yard. Really, that's what made Marcus Allen great. He fell down for positive yards. Great fit IMO.

RedThat
03-06-2010, 09:20 AM
if you watch him play, hes always falling falward towards the ground if that makes sense. not wat i want from my change of pace back. hes also old and will probably come at a high price. not worth it imo...

And this is what I think is going to work against the top veteran backs out there. I don't think teams are willing to take chances anymore on high paid veteran players at the RB position. And especially this year since the RB class is deep, teams are better off drafting one.

Chiefs=Champions
03-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Even if that's all he is (and, I believe he's more than that), isn't that what KC needs to compliment Charles. Many times last year The Chiefs needed a back to fall down for a yard. Really, that's what made Marcus Allen great. He fell down for positive yards. Great fit IMO.

I want my change of pace back to come in and make the most of his oppurtunities. not to fall down prematurely.

Chiefs=Champions
03-06-2010, 09:25 AM
And this is what I think is going to work against the top veteran backs out there. I don't think teams are willing to take chances anymore on high paid veteran players at the RB position. And especially this year since the RB class is deep, teams are better off drafting one.

Well said. I think its a much better idea to spend a late round pick on a rb than picking one up in free agency. Especially when wat we really want is a complimentary back to Charles. Those sort of backs are obviously more effective in their younger days...

TRR
03-06-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm with you on this, Mr. TRR. We definitely need someone to spell Charles. But, on the other hand, we may actually already have that guy on the team. Who knew what Charles had to offer until he got a starter's chance to show us?

Unless it's an experienced third down guy ... maybe. The kind of guy who can get the critical 2 yards you absolutely must have and the kind of guy who can catch and the kind of guy who can pass protect and the kind of guy who can lead the play through the hole and the kind of guy who also isn't 35 years old. I just don't know where you can find that kind of guy.

FAX

Justin Fargas...

Jackie Battle may also be that guy. I think KC needs a power, short yardage RB that knows his role. I don't think Thomas Jones knows that yet. Its really the reason why TJ has had a hard time sticking with a team. He wants, and probably deserves to be a starter.
Posted via Mobile Device