PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So answer this for me Chief fans....

Rexx
03-05-2010, 10:10 PM
I've been a Chiefs fan since 1979 and have seen the few highs and many lows. Been a member on this site since 2001 and have a total of 22 posts. I guess you could call that a true lurker....thing is, I come here almost everyday and really enjoy the board.

The last two years of free agency really have me worried about this organization. The Pioli group knew there was a good chance for an uncapped year in 2010 and yet they sat on their hands in 2009, why I am not sure. It appears as though they made some effort to sign a few guys here early in 2010, but nothing to show for it. So these last two FA periods have me reaching for some sort of reason.

If you own a franchise that has taken a turn for the worst and supposedly has tons of cap room, why would you not sign somebody, anybody, just to try to keep the fan base somewhat appeased? They know they are losing fans every season yet they don't try to infuse any excitement into the franchise. They have watched Arrowhead become a shell of it's former self!

Overpay for someone just to show that the franchise is still trying to be competitive! The Boldin trade would have helped a little but as a whole I don't see this organization caring one bit about the fans that have supported this team through the years. I always thought this regime would spend money when needed and I am now becoming worried that it will never happen and we will just continue to sink into obscurity. I would have thought that this team's tradition and winning ways in the past would have created a deep desire to return to that status.

I understand the thought process of rebuilding and why spend money that is not wisely spent. However, I wonder how long this fan base can hold on to this non commitment to winning. When you sink into obscurity, no one wants to sign to play here...another reason to reach out on occasion and sign a high impact guy.

Sorry for the long rant...I just don't understand the rationale behind this organization. As a person who has run several businesses, I just see this whole thing as BAD BUSINESS! Since I don't live in KC, can someone please tell me how they intend on bringing this franchise back to respectability without spending some money and showing a commitment?

DBOSHO
03-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Maybe they believe in trying to win in the long run rather than to sign big name players just to please fans?

Mecca
03-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Well I'm going to say this..

Even if Pioli wants to spend money if Clark Hunt tells him no, there's nothing he can do.

L.A. Chieffan
dude, they resigned vrabel, what the fuck more do you want?

Fritz88
Situation is quite puzzling, really. This fucktard named Pioli isn't doing things to show that he wants to build a winner. Fuck him and his 'right 53'.

Fritz88
03-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Well I'm going to say this..

Even if Pioli wants to spend money if Clark Hunt tells him no, there's nothing he can do.

He can spend the money. He just thinks he's going to outsmart everyone in the league and build his team through 6 and 7 rounders. Why would he give his shitty QB all that money if he had no say in spending money.

the Talking Can
03-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Clark is a tight wad.

It's not Pioli's decision to be 90 mill under the cap. It's Clark's.

They've convinced fans like Jazz that if we sign one big contract we won't have any money left for a decade. And the whole point of having a team is to maximize the amount of money that the owner doesn't spend.

Mecca
03-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Looks like it's more Clark than Pioli...

The Chiefs have been toning back how much money they spend for awhile, they put money into the stadium shit, he has to pay the coaches that got fired...

Not to mention Lamar threw up a ton of money in the last days to try to bring a bowl when Vermiel was here.

Looks like Clark wants to make that money back.

Rexx
03-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Maybe they believe in trying to win in the long run rather than to sign big name players just to please fans?

So they can't build for the long run and still pay a guy or two along the way?

Mecca
03-05-2010, 10:19 PM
I also have a hard time believing it's all Pioli, the team he comes from has spent a lot of money over the years.

Red Coater
03-05-2010, 10:20 PM
I want to cry. There is no light at the end of our tunnel. Why lord why. Im a Die Hard Chiefs Fan and it is Killing me.

Rexx
03-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Looks like it's more Clark than Pioli...

The Chiefs have been toning back how much money they spend for awhile, they put money into the stadium shit, he has to pay the coaches that got fired...

Not to mention Lamar threw up a ton of money in the last days to try to bring a bowl when Vermiel was here.

Looks like Clark wants to make that money back.

Too bad they won't just come out and say that to the public. I think I could live with it better if they did.

keg in kc
03-05-2010, 10:22 PM
One year and one day of free agency. I'm willing to wait another day or three to see if anything else happens. Maybe nothing will.

Mecca
03-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Too bad they won't just come out and say that to the public. I think I could live with it better if they did.

There ain't no fucking way they're gonna say that, they still want people to go to games so they can make more money.

If he said that now as people are hard up for money and they want you to buy tickets he'd get skewered.

But he likely will anyway, just wait the story will be "Chiefs payroll lower than the Royals" and Jack Harry will probably pound it.

RippedmyFlesh
03-05-2010, 10:26 PM
A 4-12 chiefs team just isn't in play with the top of the heap free agents
A 9-7 or 10-6 type kc team that just needs a couple of pieces is a much more attractive destination to a top fa .That is when i expect to be in the hunt for top fa's unless they over pay before that happens.

Mecca
03-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Your in the hunt for FA's if you're willing to pay, if you offer the most money FA's will come.

Rexx
03-05-2010, 10:27 PM
There ain't no ****ing way they're gonna say that, they still want people to go to games so they can make more money.

If he said that now as people are hard up for money and they want you to buy tickets he'd get skewered.

But he likely will anyway, just wait the story will be "Chiefs payroll lower than the Royals" and Jack Harry will probably pound it.

Of course there not going to say that. I almost feel like they are pulling the rug over my eyes. Being a Padres baseball fan, I remember the promises they made if a new stadium was built...never gonna happen, big fat lie. Not exactly the same thing with Chief football but I feel some of the same symptoms.

smittysbar
03-05-2010, 10:28 PM
It is disheartening, I get excited that we are going to land some great talent, then nothing. So then I think the draft will be here soon, get all excited, then some shit happens like last year. Sure is great being a Chiefs fan.................

RUSH
03-05-2010, 10:29 PM
A 9-7 or 10-6 type kc team that just needs a couple of pieces is a much more attractive destination to a top fa .That is when i expect to be a in the hunt for top fa's unless they over pay before that happens.

Bullshit.

The 2-14 Lions have made a splash in arguably the worst city in America.

The players go where the $ is. Nothing else to it.

Mecca
I personally thought the Chiefs would spend some money, it now looks like the Chiefs are taking the year being uncapped as their cue to go super cheap because there's no floor.

the Talking Can
A 9-7 or 10-6 type kc team that just needs a couple of pieces is a much more attractive destination to a top fa .That is when i expect to be a in the hunt for top fa's unless they over pay before that happens.

"top FAs"..."big $ FAs"...these are zombie red herrings.....no one is crying about not signing Peppers....

Mecca
It is disheartening, I get excited that we are going to land some great talent, then nothing. So then I think the draft will be here soon, get all excited, then some shit happens like last year. Sure is great being a Chiefs fan.................

I shoulda been born somewhere else, this is not fair.

The Bad Guy
03-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Clark is a tight wad.

They've convinced fans like Jazz that if we sign one big contract we won't have any money left for a decade. And the whole point of having a team is to maximize the amount of money that the owner doesn't spend.

For the 10 millionth time, Clark has spent money.

However, how he has allocated the money is the question.

If you are going to pay 5 million for a GM, another 2.5 mill for a HC, and close to 7 million (2 mill each for Romeo and Charlie) on the coaching staff, you are spending money.

It's like I said last night. It's like living in a trailor park and owning a brand new Ferrari and Yacht.

Rexx
03-05-2010, 10:32 PM

I hear ya...I was excited today to hear we would probably get Boldin, although I thought the price was a tad high. Should have known better! Seems like this franchise is cursed sometimes.

Mecca
Basically the Chiefs GM and coaches make more than 95% of the roster...and Vermeil's coaching staff was big and highly paid also.

If you're paying for coaches great, but you gotta pay for talent too.

The Bad Guy
I personally thought the Chiefs would spend some money, it now looks like the Chiefs are taking the year being uncapped as their cue to go super cheap because there's no floor.

No, it doesn't look like that.

The cap floor has absolutely nothing to do with the fact they've signed zero free agents.

They weren't aggressive enough on a few. They didn't want to pay the compensation to the Cardinals (the Boldin extension had nothing to do with the hold up in any deal accoring to my guy). But maintaining a low roster operating budget is not the priority I can assure you that.

Mecca
03-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Boldin got traded for essentially nothing, if they really didn't wanna give that, I question their sanity.

So you're essentially telling me, the Chiefs aren't being cheap, they're just lazy?

The Bad Guy
03-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Boldin got traded for essentially nothing, if they really didn't wanna give that, I question their sanity.

I don't think it was essentially nothing. High picks in both the 3rd and 4th round have more value to the Chiefs obviously than they do someone like the Ravens who would be drafting 20 slots behind KC.

If the Ravens just asked the Chiefs for their 3rd, it might have happened, but they were absolutely steadfast that they wanted both the 3rd and 4th (they initially asked for a 3rd and a swap of 2s from the Chiefs original to the Cardinals).

I like Boldin. The contract he got was reasonable, but there are legit durability concerns with him.

Rexx
03-05-2010, 10:36 PM
For the 10 millionth time, Clark has spent money.

However, how he has allocated the money is the question.

If you are going to pay 5 million for a GM, another 2.5 mill for a HC, and close to 7 million (2 mill each for Romeo and Charlie) on the coaching staff, you are spending money.

It's like I said last night. It's like living in a trailor park and owning a brand new Ferrari and Yacht.

I wish I had some pride in that Ferrari! At this point, I'd gladly trade that bad boy in for a two bedroom townhouse. I've been in this trailer park for far too long.

Mecca
03-05-2010, 10:36 PM
I mean as far as from Baltimore they got him for basically nothing.

The Bad Guy
03-05-2010, 10:38 PM
I mean as far as from Baltimore they got him for basically nothing.

They did.

I question whether or not he'll really produce there, but that's another topic.

For contenders, it was a drop in the bucket. For teams in the top 10, it was a heavier price tag.

Titty Meat
03-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Clark is a tight wad.

But they've spent 4 million on coaches and paid 5 million for the best gm in the NFL!

RippedmyFlesh
Bullshit.

The 2-14 Lions have made a splash in arguably the worst city in America.

The players go where the $ is. Nothing else to it.

Kyle Vanden Bosch, Nate Burleson

VB played for Schwartz so they had the upper hand there

Burleson would have have been a good pickup but it's not like he is even a a top 20 player at his position.

Mecca
So basically what I've heard is.

Hey we wanted Haynesworth, we wanted Sproles, we wanted Boldin.

Well they better do something cause right now these wants aren't adding up to anything other than a handful of shit.

The Bad Guy
03-05-2010, 10:42 PM

Well they better do something cause right now these wants aren't adding up to anything other than a handful of shit.

You're right.

But I also don't think they should go out and spend money just to spend money.

This free agent class right now is complete shit. It's yard sale picked over shit.

I think you stick to a certain protocol now. Sign guys for 1-2 years at no more than 2 million a season that can contribute to this team.

Next year is going to be an insanely deep FA class with all the RFA's turning into UFA's and that's where you can spend the money.

I know it's not ideal, but I'm just not a fan of spending just to spend. Let these coaches coach up the players and see what happens.

RippedmyFlesh
03-05-2010, 10:45 PM

it cost balt a 3 and 4
I know our 3 + 4 is worth more think our 3rd and a 5th would have got it done?
i would have done that.

Titty Meat
03-05-2010, 10:45 PM
You're right.

But I also don't think they should go out and spend money just to spend money.

This free agent class right now is complete shit. It's yard sale picked over shit.

I think you stick to a certain protocol now. Sign guys for 1-2 years at no more than 2 million a season that can contribute to this team.

Next year is going to be an insanely deep FA class with all the RFA's turning into UFA's and that's where you can spend the money.

I know it's not ideal, but I'm just not a fan of spending just to spend. Let these coaches coach up the players and see what happens.

I disagree somewhat. Walter and Atogwae are good players you sign them and thats 2 less needs you can draft other players in the draft.

The problem with Herm rebuilding a few years ago is he had too many young guys. Piolis problem is he acquired no talent to go along with the young guys.

Mecca
03-05-2010, 10:46 PM
That might be a nice strategy and all but what happens when there's a prolonged lockout?

Rexx
I think part of the problem is the local writers/media don't ask the brass the tough questions and hold them responsible to winning. Winning is obviously not expected like it is in other cities. The fans have become somewhat numb to the losing ways and no one has questioned it like it should have been. Who knows...maybe I'm way off base.

Mecca
it cost balt a 3 and 4
i would have done that.

Our 3rd round pick alone I think is worth as much as Baltimores 3 and 4.

kregger
They are saving their $$ for the first 3 top 50 picks. Come on you guys. Claussen ain't going to be cheap and neither will Tate.

The Bad Guy
I disagree somewhat. Walter and Atogwae are good players you sign them and thats 2 less needs you can draft other players in the draft.

The problem with Herm rebuilding a few years ago is he had too many young guys. Piolis problem is he acquired no talent to go along with the young guys.

Otogwae I'm fine with. Walter re-signed with the Texans.

The Bad Guy
03-05-2010, 10:47 PM
it cost balt a 3 and 4
i would have done that.

No. The Cardinals would not have. They told the Chiefs swap the 2nds or we don't have a deal. Pioli backed away and that's when the Ravens were exclusively negotiating.

RippedmyFlesh
03-05-2010, 10:48 PM
That might be a nice strategy and all but what happens when there's a prolonged lockout?
:shrug: you spend like a dan snyder when it's over?

Titty Meat
03-05-2010, 10:49 PM

Who are you talking to?

Mecca
03-05-2010, 10:49 PM
To be honest I'd have probably tried to sign Dansby, I'm not overly broken up about most of the guys but yea.

Mecca
03-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Hey all I'm saying is there's a good chance that after this coming season there won't be football for a long time.

RippedmyFlesh
03-05-2010, 10:50 PM
No. The Cardinals would not have. They told the Chiefs swap the 2nds or we don't have a deal. Pioli backed away and that's when the Ravens were exclusively negotiating.
I am not doubting you it just seems it would be close in value in what they got from balt.

Mecca
03-05-2010, 10:51 PM
So essentially, they attempted to rip the Chiefs off yet gave Baltimore a more than fair deal...if that's true it shows what front office they respect and which one they don't.

RippedmyFlesh
03-05-2010, 10:52 PM
So essentially, they attempted to rip the Chiefs off yet gave Baltimore a more than fair deal...if that's true it shows what front office they respect and which one they don't.
appears that way

The Bad Guy
03-05-2010, 10:52 PM
I am not doubting you it just seems it would be close in value in what they got from balt.

From what I was told, Arizona overplayed their hand. They asked the Chiefs for the swap of 2nds and was told that's what it would take and Pioli backed off, which is consistent with how teams were just dropping out during the last hour.

The Chiefs started negotiating at a 3rd for next year that was conditional to a 2nd for 2011.

The Bad Guy
03-05-2010, 10:54 PM

Scott Pioli is widely respected by a ton of GMs in this league. It has absolutely nothign to do with anything more than Arizona overplaying their hand. They asked for a ton from a lot of teams and when they did, everyone backed off.

Baltimore didn't and continued negotiating.

Mecca
03-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Give Baltimore credit for not just ending talks then, that's very smart they knew Arizona had to move Boldin.

Titty Meat
03-05-2010, 10:56 PM
You know whats funny had the Chiefs gotten Boldin thats more talent then they brought in all of last year combined.

The Bad Guy
03-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Give Baltimore credit for not just ending talks then, that's very smart they knew Arizona had to move Boldin.

Baltimore is a top front office.

Mecca
03-05-2010, 10:58 PM
It just annoys the shit out of me to watch the Chiefs do nothing.

Red Coater
03-05-2010, 11:04 PM
and we are still glued to computer hoping something will happen

RippedmyFlesh
03-05-2010, 11:06 PM
It just annoys the shit out of me to watch the Chiefs do nothing.
me too
it's like a kid waking up xmas morning and there's no presents under the tree

kregger
03-05-2010, 11:08 PM
and we are still glued to computer hoping something will happen

Hell yeah, Clark's in Fiji and he's just now having his morning mai tai, going thru his texts to see what Pioli wants to buy. Any minute now, we'll get the big news....

redsurfer11
03-05-2010, 11:15 PM
The Chiefs are building through the draft and lower tier free agents. The same gameplan that the Patriots followed. The top tier free agents may follow to fill the final holes. We're all hungry to win right away, but should be patient. Give Pioli his time.

Titty Meat
03-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Hey all I'm saying is there's a good chance that after this coming season there won't be football for a long time.

You think there will be a lockout? I'd say now is a perfect time to quit caring about the NFL if you live in KC.

Red Coater
03-05-2010, 11:17 PM
well Pioli said we were going to be active just like last year. he wasn't lieing. we havn't done sh*t just like last year.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-05-2010, 11:27 PM
I highly doubt there will be any work stoppage. They'll hem and they'll haw, but they'll get it done right as the clock is striking midnight. They know better than to bring this shit to the fans right now.

FAX
03-05-2010, 11:53 PM
I know that I'm taking one hell of a personal risk by saying this, but it's time someone spoke out. None of the local media outlets, let alone any insiders, have gone public with this information - not the Star, not WPI, not even Mr. BigRedChief (although I can't say I really blame them). Lord knows that whistle blowing can be dangerous to your health and a man's first responsibility is to his family. But sometimes you have to take a stand. No matter the consequences. No matter the cost. So, my friends, while this may very well be my last post, to be honest, my conscience simply won't allow me to remain quiet any longer. The truth has to come out.

They're all cannibals. Clark, Haley, Pioli, Crennel, the lot of them. That's why no free agents want to come here. That's why they say they want to rebuild the team through the draft ... young meat requires less tenderizer.

There. It's out there now. And, may God have mercy on my soul.

FAX

Saccopoo
03-06-2010, 01:51 AM
So they can't build for the long run and still pay a guy or two along the way?

And who were they supposed to sign in this free agency? A 4-3 defensive end in Peppers who was going to the Bears regardless? An insanely overpriced Mike linebacker in Dansby? Should they have got involved in the Haynesworth sweepstakes last season and shelled out 40 million in guaranteed money to a guy that took himself out of games all season long?

There wasn't a lot out there this year, and there wasn't a lot out there last year, especially from the perspective of what this team is trying to run from a scheme perspective.

Mecca
03-06-2010, 01:53 AM
Dansby's contract really isn't that bad.

Saccopoo
03-06-2010, 02:00 AM
Dansby's contract really isn't that bad.

$22 million in guaranteed money for a Mike backer? He's one of the highest paid inside linebackers in the NFL now. What do you mean it isn't that bad? He's a nice player, but for that position, that's a lot of money.

ChiefsCountry
03-06-2010, 02:03 AM
Baltimore is a top front office.

Which is why I wanted DeCosta instead of that fat POS Pioli.

Mecca
03-06-2010, 02:15 AM
For a team with nothing but money to spend that might consider using the 5th pick on McClain, it's not that bad.

|Zach|
03-06-2010, 02:17 AM
me too
it's like a kid waking up xmas morning and there's no presents under the tree

Comparing this FA season to Christmas morning.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2ur9obq.gif

Seriously?

FAX
03-06-2010, 02:23 AM
There's a secret group of guys all over the world that call themselves the Illuminaughty who are cannibals and own football teams and stuff. They like taxes and they make bad movies, too. We need to rise up against these guys and take back our country for the reasons of good and niceness and big name free agency signings. The main thing is that we want better movies.

FAX

Johnny Vegas
03-06-2010, 05:59 AM
there are a lot of coulda, shoulda, woulda's in the FA this year, but the Chiefs aren't even close to landing some of the FA that were available this year until they start winning. Nobody wants to come here. TBH I didn't think anyone of the big name FA were worth bringing in since we need some long term players and not players heading towards the end of their career. Peppers was the only reasonable player to consider getting, but even he's getting old and by the time the Chiefs would be contenders Peppers will be done.

BryanBusby
03-06-2010, 06:22 AM
Folks, we are living the sports world version of "The Sonic Cycle"

http://i50.tinypic.com/29dab2c.jpg

1. Super Bowl ends and we're on the dawn of a new season:
-Chiefs maybe did something to make most of us consider stepping down from the ledge
-Owner, GM talk about improving the team
-OMG LOOK AT DEM FREE AGENTS, AMIRITE?!?

2. Free Agency season:
-Chiefs sign nobody. Market sucks Q_Q
-All those potential Pro Bowlers get paid, son. Just not in KC.
-Oh well, there's always the dra......THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS SELECT TYSON JACKSON "Jesus Christ NO! :( "

3. Season begins:
-Multi-game losing streak
-Awful offensive play
-Empty Arrowhead stadium

michaelj_58
03-06-2010, 07:14 AM
i hope you guys are wrong about clark and scott,i think they are just being too picky on who they pick up in free agency.

bsp4444
03-06-2010, 07:59 AM
there are a lot of coulda, shoulda, woulda's in the FA this year, but the Chiefs aren't even close to landing some of the FA that were available this year until they start winning. Nobody wants to come here. TBH I didn't think anyone of the big name FA were worth bringing in since we need some long term players and not players heading towards the end of their career. Peppers was the only reasonable player to consider getting, but even he's getting old and by the time the Chiefs would be contenders Peppers will be done.

The Dolphins and Atlanta were contenders fairly quickly the year before last. And sure they came back to earth this year, but would'nt you as a fan have loved that season? You have to get some players in here to win...end of discussion.

The Bad Guy
03-06-2010, 08:49 AM

And that was never going to happen regardless of the Chiefs interest.

Ozzie Newsome threatens to leave every year and go back to Alabama. He's the GM in waiting there. He turned down interviews this year already.

The Bad Guy
03-06-2010, 08:50 AM

This shit again.

Free agents really don't care about going to winning teams. They care about getting paid. If you pay them, they are going to sign with you.

Why is this so hard to understand on this board?

The freaking Lions just signed 2 players to good contracts.

The Bears aren't some juggernaut and they have a lame-duck coach and front office staff. They were able to get the big fish.

M-O-N-E-Y.

Johnny Vegas
03-06-2010, 09:01 AM
This shit again.

Free agents really don't care about going to winning teams. They care about getting paid. If you pay them, they are going to sign with you.

The Bears aren't some juggernaut and they have a lame-duck coach and front office staff. They were able to get the big fish.

M-O-N-E-Y.

the Lions got Vanden Bosch for $26 mil that recorded 3 sacks last year in 16 games along with Burleson for $25 mil that recorded 3 TD's. They are overpaid slouches that for some reason are part of the hype of this years FA's.

FAX
03-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Time will tell if the Lions are making good personnel decisions ... either from a talent, scheme, or financial point of view. Color me a deep, dusky violet and skeptical.

FAX

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-06-2010, 09:27 AM

Good Post!

If you sit back and look at the big picture to what Clark has done you'll have to realize he's going to build us a winning franchise from the ground up. It starts with coaching . He's got us Pioli, Haley, Weis and Crennel. he got rid of Carl, Herm and Gunther. Pioli says you build your team starting from the lines out. It takes time. Once we get the core established you'll see the RIGHT free agents coming in every year to keep us competitive. We're only in year 2 of this ,I, like all of you want to win now but we have to be patient . Our success is coming.

Rexx
03-06-2010, 09:28 AM
And who were they supposed to sign in this free agency? A 4-3 defensive end in Peppers who was going to the Bears regardless? An insanely overpriced Mike linebacker in Dansby? Should they have got involved in the Haynesworth sweepstakes last season and shelled out 40 million in guaranteed money to a guy that took himself out of games all season long?

There wasn't a lot out there this year, and there wasn't a lot out there last year, especially from the perspective of what this team is trying to run from a scheme perspective.

I do agree with you for the most part, but when you are a losing franchise that doesn't appear to be getting better, I would at least sign or trade for a few proven guys especially if you have the cap space (more last years FA period than this year). Amani Toomer, Zach Thomas, Mike Brown, Mike Goff just don't cut it and it appears we'll be signing those same type of guys this year.

RedThat
03-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Even though the chiefs have not been very active thus far in FA, they should at least try to sign a guy like Jamal Williams. Can't neglect the NT postition imo.

Rexx
03-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Even though the chiefs have not been very active thus far in FA, they should at least try to sign a guy like Jamal Williams. Can't neglect the NT postition imo.

I think that would be a wise move. If nothing else, he would be fired up for the two Charger games each year! Plus, I'm guessing Pioli is still pissed about how the Sproles situation played out...he might feel better if he could take Williams away from them.

RJ
03-06-2010, 09:42 AM
This shit again.

M-O-N-E-Y.

I agree. They are going to have to overpay for some FA's to get the ball rolling. If the Chiefs are offering same money and some opportunity as a NY team, or Chicago, or Miami......where is that player going to go? For now they'll have to throw money at the problem.

Brock
03-06-2010, 09:45 AM
According to the most cynical, or some would say realistic, Chiefs fans, this year is about nothing but finishing the stadium upgrades.

SAUTO
03-06-2010, 10:24 AM

where is decosta? oh STILL IN BALTIMORE. maybe he doesnt want to go anywhere. you guys are fucking hilarious. you act as though you want them, or hell if the chiefs wanted them they HAVE to come here. you do it on FAs, front office, and coaches. sorry they all have a the final say in what they do. no matter how much you want it.

SAUTO
03-06-2010, 10:25 AM
And that was never going to happen regardless of the Chiefs interest.

Ozzie Newsome threatens to leave every year and go back to Alabama. He's the GM in waiting there. He turned down interviews this year already.

ooops you beat me to it. sorry

boogblaster
03-06-2010, 10:36 AM
OL NT SS LB WR all needed badly .. thats lots of players needed .. it will take time .....