PDA

View Full Version : Football Cardinals are having a rough offseason.

Rain Man
03-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Not sure it warrants its own thread, and we'll see how fast this thread does the DiCaprio sinking into the abyss, but I just saw that the Cardinals have lost Kurt Warner, Anquan Boldin, Antrel Rolle, and Karlos Dansby this offseason. That can't be good.

chiefzilla1501
03-06-2010, 04:11 PM
It was only a matter of time. The Bidwells are cheapskates. It's astounding to me that they never tried over the last few years to lock up Boldin and Dansby long-term. What's their excuse?

FAX
03-06-2010, 04:35 PM
I have a pop culture question and no place to ask it, so can I borrow your thread for a second, Mr. Rain Man? If you say no, I'll delete this post and we can talk about a team no one on Earth has much of an interest in whatsoever.

In "Dances With Wolves", the soldier guy rides into the Indian camp to tell them about the Tatonkas he saw. The Indians proceed to beat the living hell out of the soldier guy until the holy man Indian intercedes on his behalf. How come the Indians did that to the soldier guy? I mean, he'd already been to the Indian camp several times and was welcomed by the Chief Indian and the top Indian Braves ... it's not like they didn't know him. So why smack him around?

FAX

Rain Man
03-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Yeah, I don't understand why they gave away Boldin and didn't lock up Dansby and why the Indians beat up the soldier. In fact, I didn't even know they did that, because it wasn't mentioned on Sportscenter at all.

Gonzo
03-06-2010, 04:44 PM
I have a pop culture question and no place to ask it, so can I borrow your thread for a second, Mr. Rain Man? If you say no, I'll delete this post and we can talk about a team no one on Earth has much of an interest in whatsoever.

In "Dances With Wolves", the soldier guy rides into the Indian camp to tell them about the Tatonkas he saw. The Indians proceed to beat the living hell out of the soldier guy until the holy man Indian intercedes on his behalf. How come the Indians did that to the soldier guy? I mean, he'd already been to the Indian camp several times and was welcomed by the Chief Indian and the top Indian Braves ... it's not like they didn't know him. So why smack him around?

FAX

I'll field this one:

The reason they beat the Lieutenant was because he was not invited to the camp that particular time. The native americans were not expecting company and did not have time to clean their village prior to his visit. It was really poor manners on Kevin Costners character to just invite himself in.
Another reason would be because upon his arrival, he misspoke the Cherokee word for buffalo. He was saying "Tutonkie" instead of "tutonka." Tutonkie means, "I banged your sister in the pooper" in cherokee, btw.
Posted via Mobile Device

L.A. Chieffan
03-06-2010, 04:52 PM
I wouldnt mind one bit if this thread was just FAX and Rainman discussing popculture and bad nfl teams. Carry on fellas

Quietest Storm
03-06-2010, 04:58 PM
did they ever even re-up Whisenhunt's contract? Shows their ineptitude.

Rain Man
03-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Maybe that's why the Indians were mad. Whisenhunt not being re-upped. I would suspect he was pretty popular in the Native American community in the 19th century.

Quietest Storm
03-06-2010, 05:12 PM
talk about a laugh riot...ha...ha...ha

Crush
03-06-2010, 05:13 PM
The Indians beat up Kevin Costner, because they were mad at him. He made them sit through Water World and The Postman in a Double Feature.

FAX
03-06-2010, 05:14 PM
I'll field this one:

The reason they beat the Lieutenant was because he was not invited to the camp that particular time. The native americans were not expecting company and did not have time to clean their village prior to his visit. It was really poor manners on Kevin Costners character to just invite himself in.
Another reason would be because upon his arrival, he misspoke the Cherokee word for buffalo. He was saying "Tutonkie" instead of "tutonka." Tutonkie means, "I banged your sister in the pooper" in cherokee, btw.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's ridiculous, Mr. Gonzo. Indian villages are made out of dirt. Clean an Indian village, and there is no Indian village. If he had been around in those days, David Oreck could have wiped out every Native American residence on the continent in less than a week.

As for the mis-communication, no wonder those guys were pissed off. The soldier guy had only known those Indians for a brief period of time. To put the Tutonkie down on the Indian maids at this early stage in their relationship would have been insulting, indeed.

Finally, I really didn't expect SportsCenter to report on this item. ESPN's going to side with the savages every time.

FAX

Titty Meat
03-06-2010, 05:31 PM
They let all those players go and still have more talent than the Chiefs.

Baby Lee
03-06-2010, 06:35 PM
That's ridiculous, Mr. Gonzo. Indian villages are made out of dirt. Clean an Indian village, and there is no Indian village. If he had been around in those days, David Oreck could have wiped out every Native American residence on the continent in less than a week.

As for the mis-communication, no wonder those guys were pissed off. The soldier guy had only known those Indians for a brief period of time. To put the Tutonkie down on the Indian maids at this early stage in their relationship would have been insulting, indeed.

Finally, I really didn't expect SportsCenter to report on this item. ESPN's going to side with the savages every time.

FAX

Won't you take me to, . . Tutonkie town? Is my new night club pickup line. Right down to the sing-songy cadence.

http://posterous.com/getfile/files.posterous.com/pourmecoffee/y0Mtvy595Evs9MXLATZDpNVs9Uv2Rd6uthcGBe19q5IEcao6jKl9ZUFLBYZj/the_more_you_know2.jpg

Gonzo
03-06-2010, 06:39 PM

FAX

Well, I'm fairly sure that the native americans were more upset about the lieutenant saying that he anally pleased all of the females than an unannounced visit anyway. However, I wasn't referring to the dirt floors as much as all those kitchen appliances and dirty dishes that were left out from the chinese new year celebration the previous night.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
03-06-2010, 06:39 PM
did they ever even re-up Whisenhunt's contract? Shows their ineptitude.

Whisenhunt has been extended.

Happened about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Gonzo
03-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Won't you take me to, . . Tutonkie town? Is my new night club pickup line. Right down to the sing-songy cadence.

http://posterous.com/getfile/files.posterous.com/pourmecoffee/y0Mtvy595Evs9MXLATZDpNVs9Uv2Rd6uthcGBe19q5IEcao6jKl9ZUFLBYZj/the_more_you_know2.jpg

LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
03-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Well, I'm fairly sure that the native americans were more upset about the lieutenant saying that he anally pleased all of the females than an unannounced visit anyway. However, I wasn't referring to the dirt floors as much as all those kitchen appliances and dirty dishes that were left out from the chinese new year celebration the previous night.
Posted via Mobile Device

Did he happen to call them Tutonka Toys?

Rain Man
03-06-2010, 06:44 PM
I was kind of worried that this thread wouldn't get much action, but I obviously underestimated the football expertise on the board.

Baby Lee
03-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Did he happen to call them Tutonka Toys?

No, I think that the native who called Jim Garrison his 'brother' from up on that hillock at the end, was subtly revealing that he knew his sister was incubating a butt baby at that very moment.

Gonzo
03-06-2010, 06:46 PM
I was kind of worried that this thread wouldn't get much action, but obviously underestimated the football expertise on the board.

This is an epic hijack...
Posted via Mobile Device