PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Honor Schottenheimer

Crush
03-06-2010, 06:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/10705/chiefs-honor-schottenheimer

Chiefs Honor Schottenheimer
<script type="text/javascript">var stobj = SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title:"Chiefs%20honor%20Schottenheimer", url:"http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/10705/chiefs-honor-schottenheimer", published: "2010-03-06" }); stobj.attachButton(document.getElementById("espnstlink-10705")); </script> By Bill Williamson

Kansas City fan favorite Marty Schottenheimer is getting the highest honor from the team.

The Chiefs announced Saturday that Schottenheimer will be the 2010 inductee into their hall of fame. Schottenheimer is the 40th member of the team’s hall of fame. He joins Hank Stram as the only other coach in the team’s hall of fame.

Schottenheimer was 101-58-1 as Kansas City’s coach. He coached the team from 1989-98. He will be honored at halftime of a home game during the 2010 season.

“On behalf of our family and the entire Chiefs organization, we are extremely pleased with Marty Schottenheimer’s election to the Chiefs Hall of Fame,” Chiefs Chairman Clark Hunt said in a statement released by he team. “Marty maintains the best career winning percentage of any Chiefs head coach, and he led the club to more postseason appearances than anyone in our history. He is certainly very deserving of this honor, and I know our fans will be excited to welcome him to the New Arrowhead as a member of the Chiefs Hall of Fame when he is officially inducted this fall.”

DISCLAIMER: No Refunds, if Repost

Mr. Flopnuts
03-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Let me translate.

"We ain't got shit else to do. Give it up for Marty!"

KcMizzou
03-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Heh, some will hate this, but screw 'em.

Props to Marty. :clap:

KCFalcon59
03-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Heh, some will hate this, but screw 'em.

Props to Marty. :clap:

Marty was a great teacher of the game. :thumb:

penchief
03-06-2010, 06:15 PM
He deserves it, IMO. He resurrected the team's winning tradition and brought pride back to the chiefs.

Mr. Laz
03-06-2010, 06:16 PM
He deserves it

bango
03-06-2010, 06:17 PM
They did make to an AFC Championship while he was at the helm. They just ran into a very good Bills Team that did not have a chance against the NFC all of those years. Chiefs Football was exciting for the first time in a long time when he was there. Only Dick V. can make a claim that stands up to that. On the O side of the ball, but just not when it came to the D.

Crush
03-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Marty did resurrect the franchise, but we don't have anything to show for it. I would like to thank Marty for those years for making us into an actual threat in the AFC. However, those years also brought the pain and anguish of football blue balls due to both his conservatism and Carl's dumbassery.

The guy deserves it, but the pain of those years still lingers in my heart.

Crush
03-06-2010, 06:28 PM
They did make to an AFC Championship while he was at the helm. They just ran into a very good Bills Team that did not have a chance against the NFC all of those years. Chiefs Football was exciting for the first time in a long time when he was there. Only Dick V. can make a claim that stands up to that. On the O side of the ball, but just not when it came to the D.

We probably could have won that game, if Kimble Anders was able to hold onto the fucking ball.

notorious
03-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Marty was the equivalent to having amazing sex then getting kicked in the nuts right before climax.

Baby Lee
03-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Marty was the equivalent to having amazing sex then getting kicked in the nuts right before climax.

I believe youtube has footage of a homeless dude getting a handy from another homeless dude that could sum up the present predicament.

milkman
03-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Thanks Marty for the years of pretense.

I guess Cunther will be next.

notorious
03-06-2010, 06:35 PM
I believe youtube has footage of a homeless dude getting a handy from another homeless dude that could sum up the present predicament.

Hell, that would be a step up from our current state.... :)

RealSNR
03-06-2010, 06:41 PM
He gave us jack shit, but he did come the closest.

For a franchise that has nothing good in its history post 1970, it's the best. Credit is due.

Brock
03-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Good guy, glad to see it.

kcxiv
03-06-2010, 06:48 PM
He brought passion back to KC football. He had a good run but he made some stupid choices in the play offs, but that stadium was rocking on Sundays thats for fucking sure.

KCrockaholic
03-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Congrats Marty!

Rain Man
03-06-2010, 06:51 PM
NFL Network had a show on the biggest turnaround seasons, and they mentioned Marty as a potential candidate...for his work with the Chargers. I was like, "WTF?"

Granted, it was apparently one-season turnarounds more than franchise turnarounds, so maybe that was it. Maybe it took him two seasons to turn the Chiefs around.

He didn't make the top ten, just to clarify, but was mentioned as being strongly considered.

DanT
03-06-2010, 06:58 PM
It's not quite "the gleam", but it'll do. He definitely earned his place in the Chiefs Hall of Fame.

notorious
03-06-2010, 07:39 PM
The man had no equal when it came to his hatred for the Raiders.

God Bless him in that regard.

penchief
03-06-2010, 07:41 PM
God Bless him in that regard.

Said in your best Schottenheimer voice.

DaFace
03-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Cool.

mikey23545
03-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Thanks Marty for the years of pretense.

I guess ****her will be next.

This is just fucking stupid.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Milkman can barely contain his excitement!

milkman
03-06-2010, 08:01 PM
This is just ****ing stupid.

No, honoring mediocrity is just fucking stupid.

KcMizzou
03-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Milkman can barely contain his excitement!Milkman hates everything.

EVERYTHING.

melbar
03-06-2010, 08:07 PM
He gave us a team to be proud of and hope every year. If winning the 2nd most games in the 90's is mediocrity then bring on mediocrity. Bad luck in the playoffs is just that, but those were outstanding teams.

notorious
03-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Milkman hates everything.

EVERYTHING.

When it comes to this team it's hard to hold back.

CosmicPal
03-06-2010, 08:24 PM
He gave us a team to be proud of and hope every year. If winning the 2nd most games in the 90's is mediocrity then bring on mediocrity. Bad luck in the playoffs is just that, but those were outstanding teams.

Couldn't agree more. :thumb:

Bowser
03-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Better Marty up there than Steadman.

ClevelandBronco
03-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Marty did resurrect the franchise, but we don't have anything to show for it. I would like to thank Marty for those years for making us into an actual threat in the AFC. However, those years also brought the pain and anguish of football blue balls due to both his conservatism and Carl's dumbassery.

The guy deserves it, but the pain of those years still lingers in my heart.

I share your pain, though mine predates yours. Coach Schottenheimer has my respect.

milkman
03-06-2010, 08:45 PM

Bad luck, my ass.

I said after "The Drive" that Mary would never take a team to the SB.

I was pissed when the Chiefs hired him.

Fuck mediocrity.

I want to see this team wina fucking championship.

I'm not a "true fan".

milkman
03-06-2010, 08:46 PM

Why.

Steadman actually drafted much of the talent that Marty "won" with, and was part of the old Chiefs brass that actually, you know, really won shit.

Bowser
03-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Why.

Steadman actually drafted much of the talent that Marty "won" with, and was part of the old Chiefs brass that actually, you know, really won shit.

The twenty years of shitting the bed shouldn't be overlooked. And not just shitting the bed, but pure, uncut awful.

But hey, he ran Worlds of Fun for awhile, so he has that going for him.

milkman
03-06-2010, 08:51 PM
The twenty years of shitting the bed shouldn't be overlooked. And not just shitting the bed, but pure, uncut awful.

But hey, he ran Worlds of Fun for awhile, so he has that going for him.

But the fact remains, he actually did accomplish something.

Marty didn't really acomplish a fucking thing.

DeezNutz
03-06-2010, 08:51 PM
I don't give a **** what anyone says:

Marty can coach his ****ing ass off. A GREAT ****ing coach. Unfortunately, this greatness does not and cannot, for whatever ****ing reason, extend into the post-season.

milkman
03-06-2010, 08:58 PM
I don't give a **** what anyone says:

Marty can coach his ****ing ass off. A GREAT ****ing coach. Unfortunately, this greatness does not and cannot, for whatever ****ing reason, extend into the post-season.

I've always said that Marty was a great regular season coach, but at the end of the day, what you do in the playoffs defines your legacy, and Marty is the biggest playoff loser in NFL history.

DeezNutz
03-06-2010, 09:01 PM
I've always said that Marty was a great regular season coach, but at the end of the day, what you do in the playoffs defines your legacy, and Marty is the biggest playoff loser in NFL history.

Yeah, I don't disagree.

But it still can't prevent me from feeling a bit of remorse/regret/sadness. Marty didn't fumble (multiple times), miss inexplicable field goals, etc., in the playoffs. But, when it's a recurring thing, it simply has to be a part of his legacy as a HC in the league.

Sports are a mother****er sometimes.

Slainte
03-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Cool. Good for Marty.

milkman
03-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I don't disagree.

But it still can't prevent me from feeling a bit of remorse/regret/sadness. Marty didn't fumble (multiple times), miss inexplicable field goals, etc., in the playoffs. But, when it's a recurring thing, it simply has to be a part of his legacy as a HC in the league.

Sports are a mother****er sometimes.

The problem with Marty was that his conservative play not to lose philosophy consistently put his teams in position to lose, so a bad break here or there was bound to bite him in the ass.

CosmicPal
03-06-2010, 09:14 PM
The problem with Marty was that his conservative play not to lose philosophy consistently put his teams in position to lose, so a bad break here or there was bound to bite him in the ass.

Yet, he had nearly twice as many wins as he did losses.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-06-2010, 09:16 PM

Especially the one that matters the most! :thumb:

:facepalm:

milkman
03-06-2010, 09:17 PM

And he had more than twice as many losses in the playoffs as he did wins.

Those bad breaks bit him at the most inopportune times because those playoff teams had the talent to take advantage of those bad breaks and conservative play consistently.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Marty fucked more people than Tom Jones, but he deserves it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Marty fucked more people than Tom Jones, but he deserves it.

LMAO

CosmicPal
03-06-2010, 09:26 PM

I'm just saying. :D

You're right about the wins that counted most he couldn't capitalize on. The saddest thing of all is the one playoff game that goes entirely unmentioned here is the game where he went away from the power running game and tried to throw the fuggen ball 50 times in the air during the coldest day of the year.

Reerun_KC
03-06-2010, 09:48 PM

Those bad breaks bit him at the most inopportune times because those playoff teams had the talent to take advantage of those bad breaks and conservative play consistently.

Isnt Martys playoff record in the playoffs like 5-15 or something stupid like that...

So he has 3 times as many losses in the playoffs than wins...

But in true fans eyes. At least he made the playoffs, where he could make some noise... The noise was usually a stinky fart as Marty blew it...

Marty means nothing to me as a Chiefs fan. He is remembered for his failures more than anything...

gblowfish
03-06-2010, 09:48 PM

This.

I'm OK with Marty. Good man, good coach, hard luck.

There's a gleam, men...a GLEAM!!!

L.A. Chieffan
03-06-2010, 09:49 PM
I'm a M80, you Lil' like that Kim lady
I'm buzzin, Dirty Dozen, naughty rotten rhymer
Cursin at you players worse than Marty Schottenheimer

CosmicPal
03-06-2010, 09:51 PM
That ain't no haiku you boys are doin'

:D

CosmicPal
03-06-2010, 09:53 PM
That ain't no haiku you boys are doin'

:D

:doh!:

Wrong thread.

teedubya
03-06-2010, 10:03 PM
congrats to Marty. I may watch his induction ceremony at Tanners.
Posted via Mobile Device

KcMizzou
03-06-2010, 10:05 PM
congrats to Marty. I may watch his induction ceremony at Tanners.
Posted via Mobile DeviceHit up a waitress while you're there?

CosmicPal
03-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Hit up a waitress while you're there?

Done that a few times myself.

KcMizzou
03-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Done that a few times myself.Hell, why not?

KChiefs1
03-07-2010, 12:06 AM
Congrats to Marty! Too bad he couldn't break his playoff curse while with the Chiefs.

MU fans will understand this:

Marty Schottenheimer = Norm Stewart

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Congrats to Marty! Too bad he couldn't break his playoff curse while with the Chiefs.

MU fans will understand this:

Marty Schottenheimer = Norm Stewart

Absolutely.

I never understood Mizzou's fascination with Norm. Quin Snyder and Mike Anderson have accomplished as much in the tourney as Norm ever did, and with far fewer embarrassing losses.

Hammock Parties
03-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Marty is the best thing about the Chiefs since Super Bowl IV.

Papi
03-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Any coach with a polka made for them deserves the Hall:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/stepbrothers/from/payplay

milkman
03-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Marty is the best thing about the Chiefs since Super Bowl IV.

Not even close.

whoman69
03-07-2010, 10:31 AM

Before Marty got here it was the equivalent of having no sex.

notorious
03-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Before Marty got here it was the equivalent of having no sex.

Fuck, second base was out of reach until Marty arrived.

Marty's regular seasons were amazing. They kicked ass and took names.

In the playoffs, errr, well you know the rest.

milkman
03-07-2010, 10:57 AM
****, second base was out of reach until Marty arrived.

Marty's regular seasons were amazing. They kicked ass and took names.

In the playoffs, errr, well you know the rest.

Marty as the coach, as you said was like having amazing sex but getting kicked in the balls right before climax.

The problem was, that amazing sex was with Rosie O'Donnell, so not only were you kicked in the balls, you were also embarrased when it was all said and done.