PDA

View Full Version : Football Seattle not expected to sign Marshall to offer sheet

Mr. Laz
03-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Seattle NOT Expected to Sign Marshall to Offer Sheet (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4971561&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines)

The Seahawks are not expected to tender an offer sheet to restricted free agent Brandon Marshall during his Saturday visit.

ESPN's Adam Schefter labels the visit a "get-to-know-each other" session as opposed to a full-court press to get Marshall to sign. The process is not expected to happen quickly, and the teams could engage in trade talks in lieu of Seattle surrendering the No. 6 overall pick.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-06-2010, 07:00 PM
BHIFAL.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Fuck no they're not. Adam Schefter is a Denver homer idiot.

Mile High Mania
03-06-2010, 07:12 PM
**** no they're not. Adam Schefter is a Denver homer idiot.

Weird.

DaFace
03-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Not surprising. As I mentioned the other day, the #6 pick is more valuable than Marshall (IMO), so they can't sign him to an offer sheet. However, he's probably worth the #14.

LaChapelle
03-07-2010, 10:24 AM
I'd say fuck Marshall
I'd much rather spend the pick/picks on Vincent Jackson

Quesadilla Joe
03-07-2010, 10:27 AM
I would rather have Seattle's 14 pick and their second rounder than the #6. All of the top notch players (Bradford, McCoy, Suh, and maybe Berry) will all be gone by then, and the only players left who would be worth the pick Denver doesn't need.

I want Denver to draft Williams and Iupata at 11 and 14.

cabletech94
03-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Wouldn't it be sweet if no team would pony up for Marshall?
The amount of animosity between him and McDanials?
You could cut it with a knife!!!!!

Yea, dumb dream. He'll get traded.

Mile High Mania
03-07-2010, 10:47 AM
I would be shocked if they did something that dealt away the #6... I could see the #14 and a 3rd or something similar. Or, another team with a mid R1 pick will likely jump in.

Plus, SEA and DEN could still just work out a trade... who knows.

Bane
03-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Wouldn't it be sweet if no team would pony up for Marshall?
The amount of animosity between him and McDanials?
You could cut it with a knife!!!!!

Yea, dumb dream. He'll get traded.

Doesn't really matter.McFistpump will find a way to piss off or run off whoever they trade for or bring in to replace Marshall.Why are we even posting threads about the Donkfukks anyway?They're fukkn done already and everyone knows it.Till they run McFistpump off and bring in some real leadership,what you saw out of them last season is gonna be typical results from the Donkfukks.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-07-2010, 11:25 AM
I'd be surprised if Denver was able to get their original pick back. If they do though, Seattle is in affect getting Marshall for a 2nd rounder.

Mile High Mania
03-07-2010, 11:31 AM
I'd be surprised if Denver was able to get their original pick back. If they do though, Seattle is in affect getting Marshall for a 2nd rounder.

Either way, Denver needs to move him to another team...

doomy3
03-07-2010, 11:34 AM
I would love to see the Chiefs offer their second for Marshall, or maybe a swap of firsts.

I know Denver would most likely never trade him within the division, but I would do backflips if we could get this guy in KC.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Either way, Denver needs to move him to another team...

Absolutely. Frankly I think if they can get a first at all they're coming out winners. Everyone knows that situation and that is affecting real value for Marshall AFAIC.

I would love to see the Chiefs offer their second for Marshall, or maybe a swap of firsts.

I know Denver would most likely never trade him within the division, but I would do backflips if we could get this guy in KC.

We'd have to offer above and beyond what anyone else did by a considerable fashion IMO to get Denver to deal with us. If we could somehow draft Clausen at 5 and package Cassel in the deal for Marshall, I think we could get it done. I don't really see that happening, but you wanna talk about a rejuvenated fanbase? Whew.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Fuck no they're not. Adam Schefter is a Denver homer idiot.

Weird.

Just to clarify, Schefter was the one reporting Seattle was going to sign him to an offer sheet and give up the 6. No one should've ever believed that.

DeezNutz
03-07-2010, 11:42 AM

We'd have to offer above and beyond what anyone else did by a considerable fashion IMO to get Denver to deal with us. If we could somehow draft Clausen at 5 and package Cassel in the deal for Marshall, I think we could get it done. I don't really see that happening, but you wanna talk about a rejuvenated fanbase? Whew.

Greatest draft day, ever.

doomy3
03-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Absolutely. Frankly I think if they can get a first at all they're coming out winners. Everyone knows that situation and that is affecting real value for Marshall AFAIC.

The thing is, I haven't heard of any team besides Seattle that is even interested in Marshall. And who knows how interested Seattle really is?

Baltimore could have been, but once they traded for Boldin, that's out the window. Chicago probably would be, but they don't have any picks.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-07-2010, 11:43 AM

I don't know that there would ever be a day, past, present, or future that I would be so excited about the Chiefs.

OnTheWarpath15
03-07-2010, 11:45 AM

I agree with everything but "rejuvenated fanbase."

Have you seen all the dipshits around here that want no part of him?

Brandon Marshall? Fuck him.

You want a rejuvenated fanbase?

Trade for Jordy fucking Nelson.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-07-2010, 11:51 AM
I agree with everything but "rejuvenated fanbase."

Have you seen all the dipshits around here that want no part of him?

Brandon Marshall? Fuck him.

You want a rejuvenated fanbase?

Trade for Jordy fucking Nelson.

Honestly, you're right. Every other source I have for Chiefs fans (which isn't much) everyone is clamoring for Okung at 5. LMAO - :deevee: ???

Mile High Mania
03-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Just to clarify, Schefter was the one reporting Seattle was going to sign him to an offer sheet and give up the 6. No one should've ever believed that.

Schefter was reporting he was traveling to SEA to discuss a contract... I don't think he ever said that it was a certainty that they would sign him. The details of the 6th in return was just reporting what they would give up to get it done.

-King-
03-07-2010, 11:56 AM

http://f.imagehost.org/0941/RandyMarshJizz.jpg= Me if that happened.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Schefter was reporting he was traveling to SEA to discuss a contract... I don't think he ever said that it was a certainty that they would sign him. The details of the 6th in return was just reporting what they would give up to get it done.

I was watching him on ESPN and he was saying that Seattle had every intention of signing him to an offer sheet. I heard it with my own 2 ears. Exact words and every thing.

-King-
03-07-2010, 12:02 PM
I was watching him on ESPN and he was saying that Seattle had every intention of signing him to an offer sheet. I heard it with my own 2 ears. Exact words and every thing.

Adam Schefter is pretty good when it comes to reporting news....except when it comes to the Donkeys. You would think that after he stopped being their beat writer, he'd drop the bias towards them...but nope.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Adam Schefter is pretty good when it comes to reporting news....except when it comes to the Donkeys. You would think that after he stopped being their beat writer, he'd drop the bias towards them...but nope.

Exactly.

Mile High Mania
03-07-2010, 12:12 PM

"Every intention..." That's not a guarantee that they will.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-07-2010, 12:25 PM

Come on..............

Of course it's not a guarantee, but how excited were you guys that day over the prospect of a pick that you were never going to get?

Schefter's Denver info is comical from a rival fans perspective. I'd be livid if I was in that fan base and he pulled those kind of shenanigans.

-King-
03-07-2010, 12:26 PM

Unless they're run by some drunk mental midgets, Seattle has NO intention of giving up their #6 for a WR that's one incident away from a lengthy suspension.

Quesadilla Joe
03-07-2010, 12:33 PM
I fully expect another team to jump into the Brandon Marshall sweepstakes at some point this week. Not certain which team, but it appears Marshall has more than one team interested in his services. I do know this: The Denver Broncos won’t negotiate a trade for Marshall. Either a team is prepared to pay a first-rounder or move along. Denver will not take calls on Marshall; it’s either an offer sheet or he plays in Denver next season. If Seattle really wants Marshall, it will take the sixth pick in the draft….
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Broncos-want-firstrounder-for-Marshall.html

One thing you have to give McDaniels credit for is he is damn good at playing hardball and still getting shit done. He always gets maximum value for his trades. :)

Mr. Flopnuts
03-07-2010, 12:35 PM

One thing you have to give McDaniels credit for is he is damn good at playing hardball and still getting shit done. He always gets maximum value for his trades. :)

Let's revisit this when Marshall is out of town.

Mile High Mania
03-07-2010, 12:37 PM

Many ways to interpret that after just 1 season...

thecoffeeguy
03-07-2010, 01:12 PM
I think Marshall still plays in Denver this year.

#6 pick is more valuable than Marshall.

bigbucks24
03-07-2010, 01:29 PM

How is it again that the Seahawks have the Bronco's first round pick? Fonz was maximum value for the #14 pick? Do you think if Fonz was in the draft this year, he'd be going 14th?

notorious
03-07-2010, 02:19 PM
everyone is clamoring for Okung at 5. LMAO - :deevee: ???

Bite your tongue.

-King-
03-07-2010, 02:19 PM

LeKevin Smith for a 5th rounder...and you cut him.

He traded a 1st rounder for Alphonso Smith... during the year he's replaced by an undrafted rookie(carter) and a thirty fucking seven year old who has been out of football for a year(Law). So he gave up a 1st, for a guy who can't even play dime back and gets owned by Jarmarcus Russell <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5amyBAqGHq0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5amyBAqGHq0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

So uh...what trades has McDaniels gotten the most of?

Hell, even the Jay Cutler trade sucked for Denver. You guys got Orton and Ayers, and they got Cutler and Johnny Knox. They won.

Traded the Steelers and selected Quinn, and Olsen. They selected Mike Wallace. They won.

Quesadilla Joe
03-07-2010, 02:31 PM
How is it again that the Seahawks have the Bronco's first round pick? Fonz was maximum value for the #14 pick? Do you think if Fonz was in the draft this year, he'd be going 14th?

Alphonso Smith had a poor rookie year. That doesn't mean anything.

-King-
03-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Alphonso Smith had a poor rookie year. That doesn't mean anything.

He got benched in favor of an undrafted rookie and a 37 year old cornerback who had been out of the game for a year. Smith sucks.

Quesadilla Joe
03-07-2010, 02:40 PM

Hell, even the Jay Cutler trade sucked for Denver. You guys got Orton and Ayers, and they got Cutler and Johnny Knox. They won.

Traded the Steelers and selected Quinn, and Olsen. They selected Mike Wallace. They won.

You can't just say after one year that players suck. Mario Williams was considered a bust by a bunch of people. We got a shit ton of picks plus a better QB in the Cutler deal.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-07-2010, 02:43 PM
You can't just say after one year that players suck. Mario Williams was considered a bust by a bunch of people. We got a shit ton of picks plus a better QB in the Cutler deal.

LMAO Everytime you say Orton is better than Cutler I get all giddy. Do it again. Do it again!

HerculesRockefell
03-07-2010, 02:44 PM
LeKevin Smith for a 5th rounder...and you cut him.

He traded a 1st rounder for Alphonso Smith... during the year he's replaced by an undrafted rookie(carter) and a thirty ****ing seven year old who has been out of football for a year(Law). So he gave up a 1st, for a guy who can't even play dime back and gets owned by Jarmarcus Russell <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5amyBAqGHq0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5amyBAqGHq0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Jesus, if you're going to start spouting off shit, at least get the trades right.

LeKevin Smith was never cut, Denver also got a 7th round pick from the Pats. This 7th was traded back to the Pats for Hochstein, who is still on the team. So Denver ended up getting a role player and a starter for a 5th. Try again.

Really, all they got for Cutler was Orton and Ayers? Denver must have acquired Chicago's 1st in some other trade this year. What were the details of the '10 Chicago 1st to Denver trade? Oh, and Chicago doesn't win the trade in a single season when Boy Wonder has worse numbers than Orton and Denver still has a pick to use.

A 2nd for a future 1st will always be an atrocious trade in my book, but Carter looked good in one game and shit after that. He was benched too and Smith was back in the lineup. Signing a borderline HoFer, even at Law's age, to takeover for a rookie corner at the nickel spot isn't this huge dig that all you Chiefs fans think it is. Just because he blew when he started in KC, doesn't mean he was shit as the 3rd corner behind one of the better starting CB tandems in the league.

Quinn/Olson trade, not a fan of.