journeyscarab
03-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Per Adam Schefter on Twitter

KCChiefsMan
03-06-2010, 06:57 PM
just say NO

Crush
03-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Considering that he is the one guy we shouldn't sign, we'll probably sign him.

journeyscarab
03-06-2010, 06:58 PM
why are all of you guys so much against Thomas Jones? Im guessing you would rather have Kolby Smith be our number two guy? Thomas dosnt have to be a starter. Put him in on 3rd down and goaline

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-06-2010, 06:59 PM
BOOOOOO!

SAUTO
03-06-2010, 06:59 PM
didnt it say somewhere he was signing with detroit???
Posted via Mobile Device

Crush
03-06-2010, 07:00 PM
didnt it say somewhere he was signing with detroit???
Posted via Mobile Device

There are conflicting reports. Local Detroit news says that he is signing with the Lions. Schefter says that he is going to visit KC.

Crush
03-06-2010, 07:02 PM
why are all of you guys so much against Thomas Jones? Im guessing you would rather have Kolby Smith be our number two guy? Thomas dosnt have to be a starter. Put him in on 3rd down and goaline

I just don't think he has anything left in the tank.

Mr. Laz
just say NOdon't understand this either.

we have tons of money and need a physical backup for a couple of years.

Thomas keeps himself in great shape and seems to be a decent team guy. He can catch the ball and pass block.

WTF is the problem?

milkman
Considering that he is the one guy we shouldn't sign, we'll probably sign him.

I actually think that Jones would be a solid addition to back up Charles at this point in his career.

He hasn't yet fallen off the ledge due to his agae, having just run for 1400 yards and 14 TDs.

The problem is that he shouldn't be a starter, and shouldn't get starter money, which is almost certainly what he will be looking for.

The last guy we should sign would be Ladanian Tomlinson.

Mr. Flopnuts
Is Thomas Jones going to be on this team when he's 34-35? If not, don't bother at 31-32.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-06-2010, 07:03 PM

He just went for 1400 yards. I'd say he's got some gas left. Not enough to help us when we need him though. A stop gap for a .500 team is what makes this deal retarded.

Crush
03-06-2010, 07:03 PM
I actually think that Jones would be a solid addition to back up Charles at this point in his career.

He hasn't yet fallen off the ledge due to his agae, having just run for 1400 yards and 14 TDs.

The problem is that he shouldn't be a starter, and shouldn't get starter money, which is almost certainly what he will be looking for.

The last guy we should sign would be Ladanian Tomlinson.

I had forgotten all about him.

chiefzilla1501
03-06-2010, 07:08 PM
He just went for 1400 yards. I'd say he's got some gas left. Not enough to help us when we need him though. A stop gap for a .500 team is what makes this deal retarded.

No. But Jamaal Charles hopefully should be.

No matter what, we need a #2 back so we can limit Charles to 15 carries per game.

I wish it were Sproles. I wish it were Taylor. But right now, Jones is the best option.

Pick up Jones for a short-term contract. Consider drafting a RB in the late rounds or in the undrafted pool. If nobody emerges as a clear #3RB, then draft one higher up in 2011.

Picking up Jones means we have one less dire need to fill. And while he serves as a stopgap, he should do a decent job. I'm all for this.

journeyscarab
03-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Well I think Jones would be a great fit. LT isnt signing here any time soon. He wants to be apart of a team who can contend for a Championship NOW. We're obviously not that team. But if Detroit signs TJ maybe we can get Fargas?

RedThat
03-06-2010, 07:11 PM
I like Thomas Jones, but I think they should just draft a RB. The class is very deep this year and I think it would be wise to work accordingly with the strength of the draft rather than pursue a veteran who probably has 2 or 3 years left?

Mr. Laz
03-06-2010, 07:11 PM
better Jones than use a 1st day(so to speak) draft pick on a RB

kcxiv
03-06-2010, 07:12 PM
I dont mind him at all. Jamaal is the main dude and him as back up so we dont kill Charles is a good thing. I am sorry but Kolby Smith sucks and cant stay healthy.

The Bad Guy
03-06-2010, 07:13 PM
There are conflicting reports. Local Detroit news says that he is signing with the Lions. Schefter says that he is going to visit KC.

That report is bogus. It was from March 4th.

The Bad Guy
03-06-2010, 07:14 PM
We are against him because:

1) He's not coming here to be a backup
2) There are cheaper options we can pursue in the draft
3) He's 31.
4) RB isn't a position that we should be investing 3rd contracts in.

Micjones
03-06-2010, 07:14 PM
I'd rather they drafted a RB, but I suppose this would free a draft pick up...
He'd be one HELL of a complement to Charles.

Mr. Laz
03-06-2010, 07:17 PM
We are against him because: - who's this we, kemo sabe?

1) He's not coming here to be a backup - link?
2) There are cheaper options we can pursue in the draft - we only have so many draft picks and already have more needs than we can fill
3) He's 31. - so what, he's a short term fix
4) RB isn't a position that we should be investing 3rd contracts in.- once again ... short term and we have plenty cash/cap room.

Mr. Laz
03-06-2010, 07:18 PM
I'd rather they drafted a RB, but I suppose this would free a draft pick up...
He'd be one HELL of a complement to Charles.
and which other position of need are you going to neglect because you used a draft pick on a RB?

The Bad Guy
03-06-2010, 07:19 PM
and which other position of need are you going to neglect because you used a draft pick on a RB?

So you think it's wise to invest in a RB who is 31 years old? Thomas Jones didn't refuse a pay cut with the Jets so he could come here and make peanuts.

The Bad Guy
03-06-2010, 07:21 PM

Sorry Laz, I'll rephase it.

So let me get this right.

You'd rather spend a lot of money to bring in a complementary player rather than spend a 5th or 6th round pick on a backup for Charles?

Solid decisions here.

TRR
03-06-2010, 07:22 PM
I'm fine with Jones until he...

(1) Starts one game over Charles.

(2) Demands carries from Charles.

Jamaal Charles is the guy. He has won the job, and shouldn't have any old veteran demanding playing time or carries behind him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Micjones
03-06-2010, 07:23 PM

We have at least 8, no?
If I were in charge...
2 LB's, 1 NT, 1 Safety, 1 WR, 1 C, 1 DE/G/T and 1 RB

I don't think we'd necessarily have to neglect anything.

The Bad Guy
03-06-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm fine with Jones until he...

(1) Starts one game over Charles.

(2) Demands carries from Charles.

Jamaal Charles is the guy. He has won the job, and shouldn't have any old veteran demanding playing time or carries behind him.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't even see the reason for it to get to that point because you know as well as I do both of these scenarios are going to be massively important to Thomas Jones.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-06-2010, 07:24 PM
No. But Jamaal Charles hopefully should be.

No matter what, we need a #2 back so we can limit Charles to 15 carries per game.

I wish it were Sproles. I wish it were Taylor. But right now, Jones is the best option.

Pick up Jones for a short-term contract. Consider drafting a RB in the late rounds or in the undrafted pool. If nobody emerges as a clear #3RB, then draft one higher up in 2011.

Picking up Jones means we have one less dire need to fill. And while he serves as a stopgap, he should do a decent job. I'm all for this.

I would much rather draft a guy like Legarrate Blount in the 3rd round. I know a lot of guys don't want to go that route and would rather stay with the D, but I think Blount is a 1st round talent that went ape shit one night. He'd be a big bargain in the 3rd.

The Bad Guy
03-06-2010, 07:24 PM
We have at least 8, no?
If I were in charge...
2 LB's, 1 NT, 1 Safety, 1 WR, 1 C, 1 DE/G/T and 1 RB

I don't think we'd necessarily have to neglect anything.

Of course, we are neglecting positions in the draft by using a pick on a backup RB, but we aren't neglecting positions by wasting significant money on said backup RB.

The logic is baffling.

TRR
03-06-2010, 07:25 PM
I don't even see the reason for it to get to that point because you know as well as I do both of these scenarios are going to be massively important to Thomas Jones.

Exactly. Running back is not a position KC needs to create competition for. KC needs a short yardage back...that's it. Jones is not and will not stay happen with 5-8 carries a game.

I just do not get the logic...
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
03-06-2010, 07:27 PM

You'd rather spend a lot of money to bring in a complementary player rather than spend a 5th or 6th round pick on a backup for Charles?

Solid decisions here.
yes, considering the year, our salary cap situation and how many needs we have.

if we only had so much to spend and it was a Jones or Julius Peppers or something then no, draft one.

but ... anything we can get in free agency to relieve the pressure of having so many draft needs is a good thing.

Mr. Laz
03-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Of course, we are neglecting positions in the draft by using a pick on a backup RB, but we aren't neglecting positions by wasting significant money on said backup RB.

The logic is baffling.
the difference being we don't have a bunch of free agents lining up to sign with the Chiefs.

what free agent are we going to miss out on because we signed Jones?

none

chiefzilla1501
03-06-2010, 07:28 PM
I would much rather draft a guy like Legarrate Blount in the 3rd round. I know a lot of guys don't want to go that route and would rather stay with the D, but I think Blount is a 1st round talent that went ape shit one night. He'd be a big bargain in the 3rd.

Nothing wrong with keeping 3 backs on the roster.

The difference is, you pick up Jones, then you are not obligated to draft Blount out of need.

The Chiefs HAVE to fill the #2 RB position. And I don't want them walking into the draft feeling that way. If they draft a RB because he's BPA, cool. If they draft a RB because they have to, not cool.

The Bad Guy
03-06-2010, 07:29 PM
the difference being we don't have a bunch of free agents lining up to sign with the Chiefs.

what free agent are we going to miss out on because we signed Jones?

none

So we should just spend the money just to spend it.

Good idea.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-06-2010, 07:32 PM
http://fieldpriest.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/why-god-why1.jpg

Pushead2
03-06-2010, 07:34 PM
this place will bitch no matter who is signed or drafted. I think he's a good 2nd RB for the right price.

Stinger
03-06-2010, 07:34 PM

Good idea.

Sounds like my wife ......... "But I saved 35%"

Mr. Laz
03-06-2010, 07:35 PM

Good idea.nice non-answer

Jones is solid back
Jones is a solid complement to Charles
Jones still has some gas in the tank
Jones is a quality guy

Unless Jones wants a bazillion dollars then we aren't just spending money to spend it. We are getting a solid guy to fill a need that will make our team better in the short term.

Micjones
03-06-2010, 07:37 PM
this place will bitch no matter who is signed or drafted.

This.

penchief
03-06-2010, 07:39 PM
don't understand this either.

Thomas keeps himself in great shape and seems to be a decent team guy. He can catch the ball and pass block.

WTF is the problem?

I agree. Guy is a great team player and keeps himself in excellent shape. Also, he didn't kick his career into high gear right off the bat so he doesn't have the miles on him that most people think.

Jets players are pissed that he's been let go. They swear by him. Said he was a leader and one of the hardest working guys on the team. Sounds exactly like someone the chiefs could use. Plus, didn't he have like 1400 yards last year? Not too shabby.

chiefzilla1501
03-06-2010, 07:40 PM

The logic is baffling.

Crazy scenario. How does this sound?

The Chiefs give Jones a contract with a big up-front signing bonus.

If the Chiefs see a great value early in the draft, you pick that guy up, see how he does in training camp, and if he's awesome. You can maybe consider cutting Jones. If you find nobody or nobody performs great in camp, then Jones is your #2 guy.

It's win-win. If Jones isn't your guy, you cut him and you take a one-time $10M cap hit in the first year, which is fine given that we have well over $35M in cap space to begin with. Jones is happy because he gets paid $10M to show up to training camp, and then can go pursue another contract.

Hard to see the downside here. It's good insurance and a good way to make sure the Chiefs don't walk into the draft gunning for a need.

milkman
03-06-2010, 07:42 PM
OK.

That is about the stupidest post ever from you zilla.

Why would you give a big signing bonus to a guy you might want to cut before the season started, and why the hell are you talking about cap space in an uncapped year?

chiefzilla1501
03-06-2010, 07:44 PM
OK.

That is about the stupidest post ever from you zilla.

Why would you give a big signing bonus to a guy you might want to cut before the season started, and why the hell are you talking about cap space in an uncapped year?

I'm not talking about a signing bonus. I'm talking about a roster bonus. That's a one-time hit. You can cut him with no consequence. I'm sure at Jones' age, that's the most important thing to him--upfront money. And yeah, you're right about cap space.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-06-2010, 07:45 PM
This.

No, NOT "this". We will bitch, and rightfully so, when signings and decisions are made that even fans on a message board know are completely idiotic.

That, is the guiding principal and template by which we operate here. So grab an oar or become shark food; we're good with either.

booger
03-06-2010, 07:45 PM
I'd rather look at signing Lamont Jordan and drafting a back to compete with Battle, Smith, and J. Williams. Blount, Javarris James, Dixon, or Charles Scott, Hardesty.

One Jones i would like to see them sign is Sean Jones from the Eagles. He played SS under Crennel in Cleveland. We need a SS. Even if they plan on letting Morgan compete there. I don't trust Page's tackling ability and hope we can draft berry and trade page for a pick even a late one since we don't have a 6 or 7 this year.

Mr. Laz
03-06-2010, 07:46 PM
signing Jones wouldn't even mean we couldn't draft Blount late if he fell and we really wanted him.

Charles
Jones
Blount

i would prefer not to use a draft pick on RB if we could avoid it but it's not like we have some stud guy that we would have to cut.

Mr. Laz
03-06-2010, 07:48 PM
I'd rather look at signing Lamont Jordan and drafting a back to compete with Battle, Smith, and J. Williams. Blount, Javarris James, Dixon, or Charles Scott, Hardesty.

One Jones i would like to see them sign is Sean Jones from the Eagles. He played SS under Crennel in Cleveland. We need a SS. Even if they plan on letting Morgan compete there. I don't trust Page's tackling ability and hope we can draft berry and trade page for a pick even a late one since we don't have a 6 or 7 this year.
imo Jones is better but ok ...

i'm also ok with Sean Jones because i haven't seen anything from Morgan yet.

milkman
03-06-2010, 07:48 PM
I'm not talking about a signing bonus. I'm talking about a roster bonus. That's a one-time hit. You can cut him with no consequence. I'm sure at Jones' age, that's the most important thing to him--upfront money. And yeah, you're right about cap space.

That's not what you said.

The Chiefs give Jones a contract with a big up-front signing bonus.

And quite frankly, if you had made it clear that you were talking about a roster bonus, that he'd have to earn by making the roster, I doubt he'd sign.

KCChiefsMan
03-06-2010, 07:49 PM
don't understand this either.

WTF is the problem?

because with out current line, there would be no difference between Jones and Battle

Delano
03-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Another Javarris Williams through the draft or a Thomas Jones. Blech either way.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
03-06-2010, 07:51 PM
As a amtter of fact, when rereading your post again more closely, you did specify a signing bonus, and you stated no one loses because he gets his money, and the Chiefs are only out the bonus.

That's the stupidest fucking plan I ever saw.

It's win-win. If Jones isn't your guy, you cut him and you take a one-time $10M cap hit in the first year.

Mr. Laz
03-06-2010, 07:53 PM
because with out current line, there would be no difference between Jones and Battleso you're saying we might as well not get any kind of power back because our Oline sucks??

disagree completely ... people said the same thing about Jamaal Charles when we still had Larry Johnson.

Jones is good at catching the ball, can pass block and has just enough "slippery" to pick up a few yards when it gets tight.

besides if we draft a few guys ie Pouncey,Iupati,Tennant etc we could have better interior blocking this year.

KCDC
03-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Look, Jones is insurance. That is all. Pioli is not going to overspend for him. So, he gives us depth so we don't have to use a draft pick. It's like whining that we sign a FA to back up Flowers rather than burning a third rounder to pick up a back up.

We are good at RB, corner, and Kicker. That's it. When you have needs at 12-18 other positions and only have 8 picks in the draft, I happen to think that spending a bit of coin (that doesn't count against the non-existent cap) is a pretty good idea.

People need to chill. If there's a good RB in the draft that falls to the 5th and Pioli takes him, I'm okay with it. They can cut Jones before the opener if he can't beat out Smith or the new guy. What's the problem?

I'd rather have Jones signed as a stop gap behind Charles and use the extra pick on an OL. There is where we need the depth.

milkman
03-06-2010, 07:57 PM
so you're saying we might as well not get any kind of power back because our Oline sucks??

disagree completely ... people said the same thing about Jamaal Charles when we still had Larry Johnson.

Jones is good at catching the ball, can pass block and has just enough "slippery" to pick up a few yards when it gets tight.

besides if we draft a few guys ie Pouncey,Iupati,Tennant etc we could have better interior blocking this year.

Well hell, I better do some soul searching.

I am in agreement with Laz.

Not specifically about Jones, but the rest of the post is spot on.

milkman
03-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Look, Jones is insurance. That is all. Pioli is not going to overspend for him. So, he gives us depth so we don't have to use a draft pick. It's like whining that we sign a FA to back up Flowers rather than burning a third rounder to pick up a back up.

We are good at RB, corner, and Kicker. That's it. When you have needs at 12-18 other positions and only have 8 picks in the draft, I happen to think that spending a bit of coin (that doesn't count against the non-existent cap) is a pretty good idea.

People need to chill. If there's a good RB in the draft that falls to the 5th and Pioli takes him, I'm okay with it. They can cut Jones before the opener if he can't beat out Smith or the new guy. What's the problem?

I'd rather have Jones signed as a stop gap behind Charles and use the extra pick on an OL. There is where we need the depth.

The problem is that Jones is going to want starter money.

Are you willing to give a big contract, with a decent signing bonus to a backup?

If you give him a signing bonus, and you cut him befre the season starts, are you going to be happy about wasting that money on a backup that you cut before the season started?

the Talking Can
03-06-2010, 08:01 PM
hard to complain about it unless they paid him starter money...wouldn't hamstring us finacially (lol) or with the draft....

KCDC
03-06-2010, 08:02 PM
The problem is that Jones is going to want starter money.

Are you willing to give a big contract, with a decent signing bonus to a backup?

If you give him a signing bonus, and you cut him befre the season starts, are you going to be happy about wasting that money on a backup that you cut before the season started?

I don't think we have to worry about this team *over* spending. What is starter money for a 31 yo RB? If it precludes us going after another area of need, then no. If it is $1.5 million (instead of the veteran minimum), or whatever, I'm fine with it. I'm tired of signing other people's trash for the veteran minimum.

booger
03-06-2010, 08:04 PM
imo Jones is better but ok ...

i'm also ok with Sean Jones because i haven't seen anything from Morgan yet.

the problem with jordan or a power back is the OL. we have no clue how it will shape out. guys like D. Harris and C. Brown or even Barry richardson playing larger roles with the first 2 being unproven but reason to have hope for both and brich looks better at LT and LG than RT.

So if they do sign thomas jones the positive sign of that would be a two headed rb attack that will only help protect Cassel. So i'm not totally against it. I would like for them to draft a hammer slobber knocker power back though. I don't see enough vision from Battle to think he could be that guy. Also a FB like Jackson from Virginia or Conner from Kentucky. Dangle Cox to Buffalo and Gailey for whatever 7th rd conditional pick they prefer to give up this century.

tyler360
03-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Who cares how much money they spend? It is not our money or anything like that. It is the Hunt's money. They have plenty.

keg in kc
03-06-2010, 08:05 PM
hard to complain about it unless they paid him starter money...wouldn't hamstring us finacially (lol) or with the draft....Hard to complain about it even if they did give him starter money. It's not like they're spending on anything other than coaches so far.

chiefzilla1501
03-06-2010, 08:06 PM
That's not what you said.
It was a typo. That's why I said a one-time cap hit later.

And quite frankly, if you had made it clear that you were talking about a roster bonus, that he'd have to earn by making the roster, I doubt he'd sign.
I could swear if it's a first-year roster bonus, then it kicks in as soon as you're on the 2010 roster which would be right after he signs. Is that wrong? Because if I'm right, why would Jones be upset about getting a ton of money up front in a roster bonus, getting cut, and then signing with another team to another contract to start the season? Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.

booger
03-06-2010, 08:09 PM
haley has mentioned charles running some WR routes and making some big plays on CB's. Some near misses too. He isn't marshall faulk but they could use a tandem of charles and jones like STL used faulk and Justin Watson. And i do realize this isn't air coryell, just using an example other than the thunder and lightning approach. Also remember each time we played OAK, haley seemed impressed in his pressers with the 3 headed monster attack they had with bush, DMCfadden, and huggy bear's kid.

the Talking Can
Hard to complain about it even if they did give him starter money. It's not like they're spending on anything other than coaches so far.

right, but my concern would be with the $$ as it relates to Charles...as long as everyone understands that Charles is the guy, sure, pay him whatever...

Mr. Laz
the problem with jordan or a power back is the OL. we have no clue how it will shape out. guys like D. Harris and C. Brown or even Barry richardson playing larger roles with the first 2 being unproven but reason to have hope for both and brich looks better at LT and LG than RT.

So if they do sign thomas jones the positive sign of that would be a two headed rb attack that will only help protect Cassel. So i'm not totally against it. I would like for them to draft a hammer slobber knocker power back though. I don't see enough vision from Battle to think he could be that guy. Also a FB like Jackson from Virginia or Conner from Kentucky. Dangle Cox to Buffalo and Gailey for whatever 7th rd conditional pick they prefer to give up this century.exactly ... we don't know how it's gonna turn out so we can't give up on the inside running game before we even start building the team for this year.

get the power back and then make the effort to improve our interior blocking.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-06-2010, 08:10 PM
This is fucking stupid.

Mike Bell could do 90% of what Thomas Jones could do for 20% of the price, and he's 5 years younger.

Delano
03-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Dangle Cox to Buffalo and Gailey for whatever 7th rd conditional pick they prefer to give up this century.

Its always dangling cox with you, innit?
Posted via Mobile Device

booger
03-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Its always dangling cox with you, innit?
Posted via Mobile Device

:LOL: i swear i wasn't even trying.

someone trained you well.:thumb:

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-06-2010, 08:14 PM
This is fucking stupid.

Mike Bell could do 90% of what Thomas Jones could do for 20% of the price, and he's 5 years younger.

No shit. And it's not like the guy is a "name" like Sproles either. This whole argument is fucking retarded. We've gone round and round about dime a dozen RB's on this board, and in this case; we're talking about needing a relief back and not someone to shoulder the load.

Sign or draft a fucking KR/PR who can also help Charles, and doesn't need fucking Geritol to keep gas in the tank.

booger
03-06-2010, 08:15 PM
This is ****ing stupid.

yea i would like to see him persued as well. He is a RFA but no draft pic comp only NO has the right to match if i am correct. He is the perfect fit for the zone block one cut scheme and is visiting the seahawks i think.

Whatever happened to the donkey RB ryan torrain? i think he is out there and about the same size.

Chiefaholic
03-06-2010, 08:32 PM

Solid decisions here.

OR... You pick up a temporary FA for a couple years to back-up your starter and keep him healthy. THEN use that same draft pick to hopefully find a STARTER at one of the many other positions we need to fill. We have more needs than we have draft picks to fill.

RJ
03-06-2010, 08:35 PM
We need a RB to sharre some carries with Charles, but not that RB.

-King-
03-06-2010, 08:36 PM
This is fucking stupid.

How do we know this? Because Mike Bell did good in Denver 1 year(just like every other denver runningback the past 10 or so years?) or because of his role as goal line back in NO? We don't know if he can even do half the shit Jones can do. Thomas Jones had more yards last year than Bell has in his whole career.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Chiefs | T. Jones to visit Monday
Comment (0)
Sat, 06 Mar 2010 16:31:12 -0800

Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports the Kansas City Chiefs will meet with unrestricted free-agent RB Thomas Jones (Jets) Monday, March 8.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0hSIOPh85

DeezNutz
03-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Yeah...I'd rather go through the draft or a lesser-tier FA for Charles' backup.

Unless there is still some skepticism regarding Charles' level of production...

milkman
03-06-2010, 08:56 PM
It was a typo. That's why I said a one-time cap hit later.

I could swear if it's a first-year roster bonus, then it kicks in as soon as you're on the 2010 roster which would be right after he signs. Is that wrong? Because if I'm right, why would Jones be upset about getting a ton of money up front in a roster bonus, getting cut, and then signing with another team to another contract to start the season? Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.

Call it whatever the hell you want.

You give him 10 mil for signing, whether you call it a signing or roster bonus (who the hell gets a roster bonus before they go into a season on the roster in an initial contract anyway?), it's throwing away money needlessly.

L.A. Chieffan
03-06-2010, 08:57 PM
fuck yes! thomas jones is the shit and now well have the best backbackback in the fucking game baby

keg in kc
03-06-2010, 08:57 PM
right, but my concern would be with the $$ as it relates to Charles...as long as everyone understands that Charles is the guy, sure, pay him whatever...I think one true thing in the NFL these days is that you can't have too many running backs. And Charles is still undersized in the traditional sense. He took a beating in '09 although he didn't even carry the ball 200 times. I don't think it hurts to have some insurance, and (this isn't based on anything you've said...) not everybody on the roster has to be a draft pick or a young up-and-comer. They only have 9 (?) picks to work with. Every roster upgrade that they need can't possibly come in April, and I don't think you can just throw money randomly to second or third tier guys in their mid-20s who haven't actually done anything yet, who might (or might not) develop into something. I think you need some known quantities on the roster. A few veterans spread around can be a good thing, if they fit the mold for the type of player the Chiefs are purportedly looking for

Same reason I didn't have any issues with them looking at Sproles...

DeezNutz
03-06-2010, 08:59 PM
I think one true thing in the NFL these days is that you can't have too many running backs. And Charles is still undersized in the traditional sense. He took a beating in '09 although he didn't even carry the ball 200 times. I don't think it hurts to have some insurance, and (this isn't based on anything you've said...) not everybody on the roster has to be a draft pick or a young up-and-comer. They only have 9 (?) picks to work with. Every roster upgrade that they need can't possibly come in April, and a few veterans spread around can be a good thing, if they fit the mold for the type of player the Chiefs are purportedly looking for.

Same reason I didn't have any issues with them looking at Sproles...

Which is why a guy like Dansby would have made a lot of sense, but let's give the money to Jones.

TheGuardian
03-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Which is why a guy like Dansby would have made a lot of sense, but let's give the money to Jones.

Did Dansby get past his first visit?

DeezNutz
03-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Did Dansby get past his first visit?

$$$ talks, and I'd have to believe that contract amount wouldn't be a big secret. If it is, Pioli is dumb as fuck.

-King-
03-06-2010, 09:07 PM
$$$ talks, and I'd have to believe that contract amount wouldn't be a big secret. If it is, Pioli is dumb as fuck.

You would have paid him more than 43 mil for 5 years with 22 mil guaranteed?

DBOSHO
03-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Just cant please some people i guess.

We could get peyton manning for a 7th rd pick and people would bitch.

keg in kc
03-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Which is why a guy like Dansby would have made a lot of sense, but let's give the money to Jones.I'd say that's probably oversimplifying. I doubt it was an "okay, we can have Dansby or we can have Jones. But only one of them." But, hey, I don't know that for a fact. I don't have 'sources'. It's just a guess.

Either way, no telling how seriously they wanted (or didn't want) him since he didn't make it out of Miami. If he'd come here first and left without a contract, then it might be another story. But when a guy wants a team and that team wants him, I don't know that there's a whole lot you can do. Same story for the Bears signings.

I know the general idea is that players will play anywhere if the money's right, and I think that's right to a degree, but I also still think location and success is a big part of it, especially to a young athlete. KC isn't exactly a happening place to be in either regard. We're a flyover city and the team's an established loser. Nothing you can do about the first part. But hopefully that second part gets worked out in time, and players start to want to come here. Because that's not going to happen with a team that's won 6 games out of 32.

Just the way I see it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Just cant please some people i guess.

We could get peyton manning for a 7th rd pick and people would bitch.

Stop Moroning; you're making my fucking head hurt.

dirk digler
03-06-2010, 09:15 PM
I don't see anything wrong with signing Jones. You need 2 good RB's in today's NFL and Charles hasn't played a full season yet so I would rather have a solid backup like Jones in case Charles get hurts.

Chiefs=Champions
03-06-2010, 09:34 PM
God, if Jones is our first pick up....................

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-06-2010, 09:37 PM
I don't see anything wrong with signing Jones. You need 2 good RB's in today's NFL and Charles hasn't played a full season yet so I would rather have a solid backup like Jones in case Charles get hurts.

What if I told you we could get Mike Bell for 3 years and 5 million instead of the 3 and 15 it would probably cost for Jones

CosmicPal
03-06-2010, 09:39 PM
What if I told you we could get Mike Bell for 3 years and 5 million instead of the 3 and 15 it would probably cost for Jones

I would say you're pulling my monkey.

:D

milkman
03-06-2010, 09:40 PM

Seems like a lot to pay for some ancient DE.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Seems like a lot to pay for some ancient DE.

That fucking crackhead's family has seats right in front of mine at Arrowhead.

CaliforniaChief
03-06-2010, 10:46 PM
It seems like maybe one of two things is happening. First it could be that Jones could be talking to other teams like the Chargers, Eagles, or Redskins (or anyone) and is using this trip to KC as a leverage tool to up the ante from the teams he really wants to play for.

Or, it could be that he has a more realistic understanding of his true market value and is adjusting his financial expectations...and has too much pride to go back to the Jets.

I don't know, it seems like...as Hamas and others have said, there are much better value signings on the market to meet the need.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
03-06-2010, 10:58 PM
i know people are deathly afraid of 7-9, 8-8, and 9-7 but going Im so ****ing tired of 3-13. In not so sure stocking up on 10 consecutive top 5 picks and a team average age of 25 will work out the way most hope it will.

03-06-2010, 11:03 PM
Why would (insert FA name) go to the chiefs when he can go to a competitive team that will pay him?/anti-true fan. maybe it's time to get competitive. Jones isn't going to prevent them from being able to afford a big name FA in any near future

03-06-2010, 11:07 PM

Mike Bell sucks

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Mike Bell sucks

He ran for 600 yards as a pounding/goal line back last year for New Orleans. As always, you're just douching to douche.

You're like Hootie, minus the water sports.

Touchdown Bowe
03-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Former Patriot? Nope
Former Cardinal? Nope
Parcells player? Nope
Known player? Yep

No way we sign him. FACT

03-06-2010, 11:23 PM
5 whole TDs for the bruising goaline back that is Mike Bell

he sucked so bad after his knee injury

Pioli Zombie
03-06-2010, 11:29 PM
Mike Bell would be the perfect compliment to Charles.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-06-2010, 11:38 PM
5 whole TDs for the bruising goaline back that is Mike Bell

he sucked so bad after his knee injury

Jesus, you're a fucking moron.

03-06-2010, 11:55 PM
fuck off. Most of his yards came in garbage time. He had one more first down on 5 less carries than Julius Jones

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-07-2010, 12:02 AM
fuck off. Most of his yards came in garbage time. He had one more first down on 5 less carries than Julius Jones

So, when Pierre Thomas was out the first two weeks and Bell got 45 carries for 230 yards that was garbage time, eh?

Kill yourself.

ChiefMojo
03-07-2010, 12:07 AM
Mike Bell sucks!

03-07-2010, 12:27 AM
So, when Pierre Thomas was out the first two weeks and Bell got 45 carries for 230 yards that was garbage time, eh?

Kill yourself.

pre-knee injury
about a 3.3 ypc after that Q-tipesque burst

Quarters Att Yds Avg Lng TD 1st
1st Quarter 31 122 3.9 23 1 5

2nd Quarter 24 68 2.8 13 0 7

3rd Quarter 48 231 4.8 35 2 10

4th Quarter 73 234 3.2 16 2 10

4th Quarter within 7 17 63 3.7 7 0 1

Overtime 4 14 3.5 9 0 1

3rd quarter was basically garbage time for many saints games

Ahead by 1-8 Points 33 125 3.8 13 0 4

Behind 54 171 3.2

Tied 17 82 4.8 23 1 4

thats 108 carries for 392 yards while tied, behind, OT or ahead by 1-8 points
33 carries for 143 yards while ahead 9-16
which means.... 31 carries for 119 yards while ahead by 17+

most of his carries came late and over 1/3 of his carries came while ahead by 9 or more

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-07-2010, 12:36 AM
Let's check up on your math again:

108 while ahead by 8 points or less, or trailing

33 while ahead by two scores

31 while ahead by three scores

So, of those 172 carries, 31 came in "garbage" time.

Now, let's break this down further.

Do teams run the ball more when ahead?

Yes.

Is 31/172 equivalent to 1/3?

No.

Is it much closer to 1/6?

Yes.

Are you a fucking idiot without basic math skill or situational knowledge of football?

Yes again.

I'm honestly stunned that a running back would have his most carries in the 4th quarter. Stunned.

Miles
03-07-2010, 12:42 AM
Bell's YPC was affected somewhat by his usage. When Pierre was playing, Bell tended to be in the game on downs where it was somewhat obvious that NO would not be passing.

For an reasonably priced backup, Bell is a decent enough choice but nothing about him looked all that impressive.

03-07-2010, 12:46 AM
I said over 1/3 when ahead by 9 or more...64/172.

and Cassel had pretty good 4th quarter statistics...... not a surprise for a losing team. How is Cassel's garbage time any different than Bell's?.

aturnis
03-07-2010, 01:51 AM

Solid decisions here.

Generally, my opinions somewhat echo yours. This time though. Not so much.

I would like to spend a "lot" of money to bring in Jones who would be a solid compliment to Charles.

First, how much money can he command when the Chiefs are, as of right now, the only dog barking up his tree.

Second, I would MUCH rather spend money to sign a short term compliment fix when the Chiefs have TONS of money just sitting there and waiting to be spent in an UNCAPPED year. This contract, being front heavy, could NEVER be a bad decision b/c it could NEVER cripple us in the future. The true bad decisions are the ones that hurt you for years. If it hurts us this year, oh no, he's not as good as his salary, but is better than Kolby Smith! I don't care.

Third, I would like to draft a RB too, and this is a deep draft. Most of all though, this is a deep defensive draft. I would love to see them use that to their advantage. A complimentary RB could be drafted at anytime, of any year. I can wait for that guy.

BossChief
03-07-2010, 01:56 AM
I am all for a plan that takes the load off Charles in a year where it likely doesnt matter so that he has fresh legs when we want to compete.

I can guarantee that if he is coming here, he knows that we already have Jamaal Charles and it will be a rrbc. I bet Charles would get some work at receiver if we end up signing him to take advantage of his speed and RAC ability.

I know Im in the minority, but I wouldn't mind the signing at all.

lostcause
03-07-2010, 02:05 AM
I am all for a plan that takes the load off Charles in a year where it likely doesnt matter so that he has fresh legs when we want to compete.

I can guarantee that if he is coming here, he knows that we already have Jamaal Charles and it will be a rrbc. I bet Charles would get some work at receiver if we end up signing him to take advantage of his speed and RAC ability.

I know Im in the minority, but I wouldn't mind the signing at all.

jesus, let's just trade up two spots and draft shonn greene instead of magee and this will be a moot point.

Shox
03-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Why would a 30 yr old T Jones come to KC???? $$$$$$$$$$$$ Cha Ching $$$$$$$$$$$.
Certainly not to win a championship.

Very, very, very bad idea..
1. 30, so he will not be part of the Chiefs future
2. He will cost way to much for a 2nd string RB
3. Unless you upgrade our Oline significantly he is not a good fit. He is the kind of RB (at age 30 did I mention that already) who needs a good Oline to create a hole.
4. He is 30, 30 year old RB have a very bad tendency for the wheels to all come off, abruptly.

The fact the KC regime is even considering this move really troubles me. I was not amoung everyone on the board who wants to bash them for every move or non-move they make. I think they have a plan and are trying to build a winning franchise and not just a quick fix. This really makes me think I'm giving these guys way to much credit.

Rausch
03-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Generally, my opinions somewhat echo yours. This time though. Not so much.

I would like to spend a "lot" of money to bring in Jones who would be a solid compliment to Charles.

First, how much money can he command when the Chiefs are, as of right now, the only dog barking up his tree.

Second, I would MUCH rather spend money to sign a short term compliment fix when the Chiefs have TONS of money just sitting there and waiting to be spent in an UNCAPPED year. This contract, being front heavy, could NEVER be a bad decision b/c it could NEVER cripple us in the future. The true bad decisions are the ones that hurt you for years. If it hurts us this year, oh no, he's not as good as his salary, but is better than Kolby Smith! I don't care.

If we're going to spend $$$ on someone in free agency I'd prefer to go WR or OL. Half our WR's couldn't catch the herpes from Ron Mexico and our offensive line is about as deep as a poem by Paris Hilton.

MahiMike
03-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Rack em! And then sign em!

milkman
03-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Why would a 30 yr old T Jones come to KC???? $$$$$$$$$$$$ Cha Ching $$$$$$$$$$$.
Certainly not to win a championship.

Very, very, very bad idea..
1. 30, so he will not be part of the Chiefs future
2. He will cost way to much for a 2nd string RB
3. Unless you upgrade our Oline significantly he is not a good fit. He is the kind of RB (at age 30 did I mention that already) who needs a good Oline to create a hole.
4. He is 30, 30 year old RB have a very bad tendency for the wheels to all come off, abruptly.

The fact the KC regime is even considering this move really troubles me. I was not amoung everyone on the board who wants to bash them for every move or non-move they make. I think they have a plan and are trying to build a winning franchise and not just a quick fix. This really makes me think I'm giving these guys way to much credit.

Bringing in Jones wouldn't be about the future.

It would be about providing a complement to Charles, which is a clear need.

The fact is, Charles will very liklely be out of gas by the time this team is ready to compete, regardless of who they have to relieve some of the load.

The big questions regarding Jones is how much he wants to be paid, whether he is willing to take n a complementary role, and whether he has the gas remaining to be effective for the next year or two.

Signing him would be a gamble, and with his age, it's a bet I wouldn't take.

Rausch
03-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Signing him would be a gamble, and with his age, it's a bet I wouldn't take.

Right now the HB position has less value than ever.

On top of that Jones has underachieved for most of his career.

On top of that he's old and wants $$$.

What round was Charles drafted in?

Priest?...

penchief
03-07-2010, 09:45 AM
I don't understand all the resistance to this potential signing. From where I sit I think we'd be damned lucky to get Thomas Jones to complement Charles.

1. Dude rushed for 1400 yards last season. He was the third leading rusher in the entire freaking NFL. And he's rushed for for over 2700 yards the past two seasons. Not too shabby. Last year he was fourth in the entire NFL in rushing touchdowns with 14. He's scored 27 rushing touchdowns over the past two seasons.

2. Much of his yardage has been gained between the tackles. His touchdown totals are a reflection of his efficiency in short yardage and goal line situations. That kind of running back is exactly what we need as a complement to Charles, IMO.

3. He probably has a lot more tread on the tires than most people think. His first four seasons in the league he averaged only 125 carries per season with 138 being the most he had in one season. He's a player who keeps himself in top condition and has steadily improved his game over the course of his career. Between his conditioning and his career average of 228 carries per season, a player with his commitment is likely to still have some gas in the tank. Especially considering how effective he was last season.

4. He's the consumate pro. He's a proven leader in the locker room and on the field. He's an unselfish player and a team-first guy. He's been undervalued his entire career but continues to quietly exceed expectations. The Jet players are pissed about his release. They have been all over the media expressing their unhappiness while citing his production, his leadership in the locker room and on the field, and his work ethic as being vital to the team's success last season.

Considering how big of a need that a complement to Charles is going to be and how well Thomas can fill that need in addition to providing leadership on the offensive side of the ball, I think it might ultimately be a very good fit.

milkman
03-07-2010, 09:50 AM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/compliment

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/complement

Just sayin'

Hootie
03-07-2010, 09:52 AM
this is hilarious...

first we don't want Anquan Boldin, an all pro receiver, for the #50 overall so we can play draft roulette...

now we don't want to sign Thomas Jones to compliment our one good offensive player!

YOU GUYS ARE GENIOUSES!

Hootie
03-07-2010, 09:54 AM
This is ****ing stupid.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I mean...

I know you test out as a smart guy...

and that baffles me.

It's a good thing they consider people with an extensive vocabulary and good grammar smart people on this site...for you anyways.

Hootie
03-07-2010, 09:57 AM
the Chiefs aren't active, Pioli sucks!

THE CHIEFS ARE GOING TO MEET WITH A PRO BOWLER!? PIOLI SUCKS!

TRADE A MID 2ND FOR A PRO BOWLER?! NO WAY...HE'S ALMOST 30!!!! HE ONLY AVERAGES 12.5 GAMES PLAYED PER YEAR! THAT'S DUMB! IT'S A DEEP DRAFT! WE COULD GET SOMEONE WHO MIGHT MAKE A PRO BOWL SOMEDAY...MAYBE! DRAFT ROULETTE!

milkman
03-07-2010, 09:58 AM
this is hilarious...

first we don't want Anquan Boldin, an all pro receiver, for the #50 overall so we can play draft roulette...

now we don't want to sign Thomas Jones to compliment our one good offensive player!

YOU GUYS ARE GENIOUSES!

So, are you saying you would be willing to shell out a big money contract to a complementary back who might only have a year left in his tank?

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:00 AM
as far as I'm concerned...any BIG money contract levied out in a cap free season...our management is smart enough to make it front loaded in case we ever see a cap again...

so they can pay him $500M guaranteed for all I'm concerned

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:02 AM
basically...our entire year hinges on Charles next year...

If he really is Chris Johnson...we could be pretty good, and it would really help our "franchise" QB...

if he gets hurt right away we're screwed....

might as well get the best insurance plan possible

DeezNutz
03-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Because every decision made today will have little effect on what happens tomorrow. Extend this same philosophy to a larger scale.

Marcellus
03-07-2010, 10:03 AM
If we're going to spend $$$ on someone in free agency I'd prefer to go WR or OL. Half our WR's couldn't catch the herpes from Ron Mexico and our offensive line is about as deep as a poem by Paris Hilton.

:LOL:LMAO

Hootie
of course...

I mean...

who am I?

#50 overall for a WR who posts 1000 yards and a ton of catches nearly every year would be a no brainer for me...

but maybe we can strike on that 40% chance #50 becomes a starter and that 10% chance he's an all-pro someday! Wait, 10% all-pro 2nd round? I mean 5...

DeezNutz
basically...our entire year hinges on Charles next year...

If he really is Chris Johnson...we could be pretty good, and it would really help our "franchise" QB...

if he gets hurt right away we're screwed....

might as well get the best insurance plan possible

We're talking about upside of 8-8. We have no shot at competing for a title. None.

So this talk about years "hinging" is very premature.

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:05 AM
HEY GUYS!

5 PLAYERS FROM THE 2006 2ND ROUND HAVE MADE A PRO BOWL!

D. HESTER, MJD, MARCUS MCNEIL, ROMAN HARPER, AND DEMECO RYANS!

WE HAVE A 5/32 CHANCE OF OUR #50 (AT BEST) BEING COMPARABLE TO ANQUAN BOLDIN!!!

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:06 AM
We're talking about upside of 8-8. We have no shot at competing for a title. None.

So this talk about years "hinging" is very premature.

ok buddy

sorry for being a true fan here

but I rather be GD 8-8 than 4-12 or 2-14 or anything lower than that...

I don't GIVE A FUCK about a top 5 pick.

OVERRATED

milkman
as far as I'm concerned...any BIG money contract levied out in a cap free season...our management is smart enough to make it front loaded in case we ever see a cap again...

so they can pay him $500M guaranteed for all I'm concerned

And this is why you're a fucking moron.

Spending money foolishly is spending money foolishly, regardless of how much you have to spend.

Hootie
4 2nd round picks from 2005 have made pro bowls...

one of them is Justin Miller

anyone starting to get it?

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:07 AM
2 from 2004...

DOES ANYONE GET IT YET?!

milkman
03-07-2010, 10:08 AM
of course...

I mean...

who am I?

#50 overall for a WR who posts 1000 yards and a ton of catches nearly every year would be a no brainer for me...

but maybe we can strike on that 40% chance #50 becomes a starter and that 10% chance he's an all-pro someday! Wait, 10% all-pro 2nd round? I mean 5...

The Ravens, you dumbfuck, gave up a second and a fourth.

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:08 AM
OH...

IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T FIGURED IT OUT...

IF YOU CAN GET A PRO BOWL CALIBER PLAYER FOR A 2ND ROUND PICK YOU TAKE IT...

OTHERWISE THIS HAPPENS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_nfl_draft#Round_two

20% CHANCE OF LANDING A GOOD PLAYER!

DRAFT ROULETTE...

A DRAFTURBATORS DREAM

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:09 AM
The Ravens, you dumb****, gave up a second and a fourth.

Ravens acquired WR Anquan Boldin and a 2010 fifth-round pick from the Cardinals in exchange for third- and fourth-round picks in this year's draft.

how ridiculous..

what a bargain

DeezNutz
03-07-2010, 10:09 AM
ok buddy

sorry for being a true fan here

but I rather be GD 8-8 than 4-12 or 2-14 or anything lower than that...

I don't GIVE A **** about a top 5 pick.

OVERRATED

I haven't seen anyone who disagree with you. I've said, multiple times, that this team needs to be competitive this season. 8-8 or bust.

But I sure as hell am not going to frame this with talk about "hinging" blah, blah, blah. Save that type of desperation and angst for when we're actually going to make a playoff run.

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:10 AM
5 2003 2nd round picks have made pro bowls...

including one named anquan boldin...

THESE 2ND ROUND PICKS ARE PRETTY MUCH SURE THINGS!

LIKE FLIPPING HEADS TWO TIMES OUT OF THREE!

THAT'S YOUR ODDS OF GETTING A STARTER!

DRAFT ROULETTE!

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:11 AM
I haven't seen anyone who disagree with you. I've said, multiple times, that this team needs to be competitive this season. 8-8 or bust.

But I sure as hell am not going to frame this with talk about "hinging" blah, blah, blah. Save that type of desperation and angst for when we're actually going to make a playoff run.

omg maybe we'll give him a chester taylor contract...

i'm sure we can afford it...

and i'm sure we could use him

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:11 AM
4 2002 2ND ROUND PICKS MADE A PRO BOWL

1 IS A RB, AND 1 IS OUT OF THE LEAGUE!

DeezNutz
03-07-2010, 10:12 AM
5 2003 2nd round picks have made pro bowls...

including one named anquan boldin...

THESE 2ND ROUND PICKS ARE PRETTY MUCH SURE THINGS!

LIKE FLIPPING HEADS TWO TIMES OUT OF THREE!

THAT'S YOUR ODDS OF GETTING A STARTER!

DRAFT ROULETTE!

You loved the DV era, huh?

You'd trade one of our second rounders this year for the DVD set from the Grandpa regime.

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:13 AM
so...

on average...

we have a 12.5% of landing a pro bowl caliber player in the 2nd round...

yet this place was NOT HAPPY about potentially trading #50 for Anquan...

because it's a deep draft

so maybe we have a 16% chance (times 2) to land a pro bowl caliber player in the 2nd round this year!

YES

SAY NO TO 29 YEAR OLD ALL-PRO RECEIVERS!

DeezNutz
03-07-2010, 10:13 AM
omg maybe we'll give him a chester taylor contract...

i'm sure we can afford it...

and i'm sure we could use him

Him? Who?

What the fuck are you talking about?

Charles? I don't know how long he's under contract, but we need to be careful of having Larry Johnson II in terms of a contract situation.

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:14 AM
You loved the DV era, huh?

You'd trade one of our second rounders this year for the DVD set from the Grandpa regime.

you're god damn right I would because if you replayed 2005 3 times I guarantee you 1 of those times we could have easily won a Super Bowl...

no one will ever convince me there was a better NFL team in 2005 than the Chiefs...we just took a lot of bad bounces...and that happens in the NFL

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Him? Who?

What the **** are you talking about?

Charles? I don't know how long he's under contract, but we need to be careful of having Larry Johnson II in terms of a contract situation.

no, I'm talking about Thomas Jones, try and keep up

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:15 AM
11 pro bowlers in the 2nd from 2001...

lets cross our fingers

DRAFT ROULETTE!

milkman
03-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Ravens acquired WR Anquan Boldin and a 2010 fifth-round pick from the Cardinals in exchange for third- and fourth-round picks in this year's draft.

how ridiculous..

what a bargain

Sorry, I got some bad info, and didn't read the Boldin trade thread.

That being said, this is a deep draft, and good teams aren't made up solely of pro bowlers and the meat of your roster is made up of role players drafted in the 2nd through fifth rounds.

If we could have gotten Boldin for a second round pick, even with his injury history and concerns that as he ages, those injuries will be harder to come back from, I'd have made that deal.

But not for two picks in this draft.

DeezNutz
03-07-2010, 10:16 AM
no, I'm talking about Thomas Jones, try and keep up

To keep up? Make more sense in your posts, don't be so fucking obtuse, and that won't be a problem.

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:17 AM
I agree...

in a salary cap world 2nd-7th round picks are important because they are cheap and players are generally held hostage through their rookie deals...

no salary cap means the rules change...

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:17 AM
To keep up? Make more sense in your posts, don't be so ****ing obtuse, and that won't be a problem.

IT'S A THOMAS JONES THREAD BUDDY

DeezNutz
03-07-2010, 10:18 AM
The cap will NEVER return. Definitely not in '11.

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:19 AM
I'm looking at the 2nd round of the drafts this past decade...

omg

not pretty...

especially from a WR aspect

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:20 AM

ok

different world then

and chiefs fans are fucked...

building your team via the draft will never be as important as it was when there was a cap...

I promise.

DeezNutz
03-07-2010, 10:20 AM
IT'S A THOMAS JONES THREAD BUDDY

You've alluded to other players in your posts. This is why just stating "him" is somewhat confusing.

At one point in your college career, you probably sat in a class and someone, likely a GTA who was working on an MA or a Ph.D., work you don't seem to value, talked to you (corporate sense) about ambiguous pronoun antecedents.

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:21 AM
You've alluded to other players in your posts. This is why just stating "him" is somewhat confusing.

At one point in your college career, you probably sat in a class and someone, likely a GTA who was working on an MA or a Ph.D., work you don't seem to value, talked to you (corporate sense) about ambiguous pronoun antecedents.

well on this board I figure I'm talking to people with common sense 90% of the time...sorry for misjudging you

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:22 AM
no cap means teams can overpay for Antrelle Rolle and then have no ramifications for screwing up and can give NBA buyouts like the Panthers did with Delhomme...

so fans of teams like the Chiefs are basically screwed and we might as well start preparing now

milkman
03-07-2010, 10:23 AM
I agree...

in a salary cap world 2nd-7th round picks are important because they are cheap and players are generally held hostage through their rookie deals...

no salary cap means the rules change...

Most teams are still structuring contracts so that when the two sides (owners and union) reach an agreement, they won't be hurting themselves moving forward if/when a salary cap is re-institued.

I'd be all for signing Jones to a reasonable contract for a talented, productive, complementary back.

But spending money frivolously is a bad idea, even with no cap.

DeezNutz
03-07-2010, 10:24 AM
well on this board I figure I'm talking to people with common sense 90% of the time...sorry for misjudging you

This is a medium that demands clarity of expression. Sorry.

It's easier to be a smartass when you're not in the wrong.

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:25 AM
don't disagree but Thomas Jones is going to get a 3 year contract, tops...and wherever he signs it's going to be frontloaded...

so it's going to look a lot worse than it really is...

but I'm sure we can just give a strike to Pioli right now either way just for the sake of it

DeezNutz
03-07-2010, 10:25 AM
I'd be all for signing Jones to a reasonable contract for a talented, productive, complementary back.

Does anyone disagree with this? Emphasis on reasonable.

Then what's the fucking debate about?

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:27 AM
because we root for the Chiefs and with no cap we're going to have to realize overpaying is the only way

milkman
03-07-2010, 10:28 AM
don't disagree but Thomas Jones is going to get a 3 year contract, tops...and wherever he signs it's going to be frontloaded...

so it's going to look a lot worse than it really is...

but I'm sure we can just give a strike to Pioli right now either way just for the sake of it

Again, no problem with the idea, as long as the dollars are reasonable for his role.

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:30 AM
if we sign him he's going to sign for starter money...period.

and he's going to play a backup role

and we'll still spend $30M less than most other teams

milkman
03-07-2010, 10:31 AM
if we sign him he's going to sign for starter money...period.

and he's going to play a backup role

and we'll still spend $30M less than most other teams

If we sign him to starter money to play a backup role, then Pioli is nearly as big a dumb**** as you.

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:32 AM
If we sign him to starter money to play a backup role, then Pioli is nearly as big a dumb**** as you.

well duh strike 1,992

chiefzilla1501
03-07-2010, 10:44 AM

how ridiculous..

what a bargain

For a team trying to win now.

What the **** good does Anquan Boldin do for the Chiefs? He's only got a few years left in the tank. By the time the Chiefs are a legit contender, he's ready to retire or on the decline.

If you're rebuilding, you need draft picks a hell of a lot more than you need a receiver who's going to be 30 and who already has a lot of tread on his tires.

Hootie
03-07-2010, 10:47 AM
oh good...

wake me up in 2016 when Boldin is retired and the Chiefs are ready to compete

SAUTO
03-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Let's check up on your math again:

108 while ahead by 8 points or less, or trailing

33 while ahead by two scores

31 while ahead by three scores

So, of those 172 carries, 31 came in "garbage" time.

Now, let's break this down fur

I'm honestly stunned that a running back would have his most carries in the 4th quarter. Stunned.

i sais this about fourth qtr carries and was skewered for it
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
03-07-2010, 10:52 AM
oh good...

wake me up in 2016 when Boldin is retired and the Chiefs are ready to compete

He's going to be 30 and he's missed a few games almost every year he's going to be a pro. I'd be for bringing a guy like that in. But not trading two relatively high picks to do it.

The Bad Guy
03-07-2010, 10:53 AM

I 100% disagree with that.

The cap will return. I'll even predict that there isn't going to be a work stopage in 2011 and a new CBA will be hammered out no later than around the 13th week of the regular season.

SAUTO
03-07-2010, 11:01 AM
I 100% disagree with that.

The cap will return. I'll even predict that there isn't going to be a work stopage in 2011 and a new CBA will be hammered out no later than around the 13th week of the regular season.

i see NO WAY this league continues without a cap. i agree with you bad guy.
Posted via Mobile Device

DumbHillbillies
03-07-2010, 08:44 PM
The guy has plenty in the tank and would be stoked if we sign him, especially if he comes with megan good.

aturnis
03-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Hate to feed Hootie, but you're still talking about the 2nd round as if that is what we would have had to give up. Change your numbers to 3rd round numbers if you want to be more accurate.

soundmind
03-07-2010, 11:43 PM
My 2¢...

This would be a wildly positive signing - and a needed one at this point. The FA pool this year sucked, but somebody like Jones could really help this team. If we are moving forward with Charles, and hoping that he's Chris-Johnson-esque, we need another back and one that is not pining for carries necessarily. From what I've read, Jones is a incredibly positive locker room influence (Jet players not happy to see him go), takes care of himself to the Jerry Rice level, and has experience that Jamaal can learn from (thinking film room, conversations, etc...something I highly doubt #27 ever worried much about).

Also the obvious, we need a spell back. Hell, you could argue we may need a primary. Jamaal tore it up, but this coming season will tell a lot more of whether or not dude's got staying power.

And good christ you have to like this signing over Fargas, right?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-08-2010, 12:16 AM
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I mean...

I know you test out as a smart guy...

and that baffles me.

It's a good thing they consider people with an extensive vocabulary and good grammar smart people on this site...for you anyways.

Hootie, grammar has nothing to do with it.

No one takes you seriously because of your asinine views and your solipsistic argumentative style, which includes absolutely no support and no concept of nuance.

In short, you're a dumb fuck. You sound like a dumb fuck, you read like a dumb fuck, and you post like a dumb fuck.

Stick to Halo.

You may be a 50 in team doubles, but in life, you're headed for a 12 and a bunch of rage quits.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-08-2010, 12:21 AM
you're god damn right I would because if you replayed 2005 3 times I guarantee you 1 of those times we could have easily won a Super Bowl...

no one will ever convince me there was a better NFL team in 2005 than the Chiefs...we just took a lot of bad bounces...and that happens in the NFL

You didn't watch the Philly, Denver MNF, or Giants game, did you?

We got fucking piss pounded in two of those games, and in another, gave up the largest lead, at that point, in the history of Arrowhead Stadium. Ever. Period.

Oh, and where is Patrick Surtain now? How many productive years did we get out of him?

Additionally, what else could we have done with that 7 million a year we pissed away on him, the very guy who helped cost us a playoff spot because he couldn't catch a gift wrapped interception from Drew Bledsoe.

Great fucking example, retard.

Hootie
03-08-2010, 12:44 AM
You didn't watch the Philly, Denver MNF, or Giants game, did you?

We got ****ing piss pounded in two of those games, and in another, gave up the largest lead, at that point, in the history of Arrowhead Stadium. Ever. Period.

Oh, and where is Patrick Surtain now? How many productive years did we get out of him?

Additionally, what else could we have done with that 7 million a year we pissed away on him, the very guy who helped cost us a playoff spot because he couldn't catch a gift wrapped interception from Drew Bledsoe.

Great ****ing example, retard.
Never would have lost that Philly game if LJ was the #1 back and we didn't waste half the year on a washed up, 3.6 YPC Priest Holmes...

and that's a fact.

No one can tell me that the Chiefs couldn't have done the same thing Pittsburgh did had they been the #6 seed instead...you can't tell me ANY team wanted to face the Chiefs in the playoffs that year.

Mecca
03-08-2010, 12:45 AM
Teams are usually happy to face someone who can't stop them, and all the games would have been on the road where that team sucked ass.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Never would have lost that Philly game if LJ was the #1 back and we didn't waste half the year on a washed up, 3.6 YPC Priest Holmes...

and that's a fact.

No one can tell me that the Chiefs couldn't have done the same thing Pittsburgh did had they been the #6 seed instead...you can't tell me ANY team wanted to face the Chiefs in the playoffs that year.

What do you mean we never would have lost that Philly game?

Trent Green threw a pick six that started a run where Philly outscored us 37-7. On the fucking road.

The 7 points we scored? On a Dante Hall KO return.

Meanwhile, in that game, Priest had 23 touches for 108 yards and a touchdown. Larry had 7 for 34.

LJ also lost a killer fumble in that game that led to a Philly touchdown, BTW, so fail in that regard.

I'll give you this:

We could probably have beaten Cincy on the road. I don't think we would have been favored, and they would have ass raped our defense, but we had probably a 50/50 shot in that game.

There is no way we were going on the road and beating the Colts with the only pass rush coming from Jared Allen, and we aren't going into Mile High, where Vermeil never won, and beating a Bronco team that thrashed by like 30 fucking points on MNF.

We'll also forget that fact that those Chiefs lost to fucking Buffalo while they were being QB'd by JP fucking Losman of all people. JP Losman.

It's the best team we've had since '97, no doubt. But there is no fucking way that team was even getting to a conference championship game. And the only reason you even argue that is because they weren't good enough to get into the fucking playoffs in the first place.

Hootie
03-08-2010, 01:23 AM
all I know is I literally threw out my Holmes jersey that year and was furious the team was throwing away their season by using Holmes as the #1 back when he was averaging about 2 yards less per carry and getting twice as many touches.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-08-2010, 01:35 AM
all I know is I literally threw out my Holmes jersey that year and was furious the team was throwing away their season by using Holmes as the #1 back when he was averaging about 2 yards less per carry and getting twice as many touches.

Well, it's clear that Priest didn't cause the Philly loss, and LJ would have made no difference in the ass kicking we got in Denver, so how is it Priest's fault that we lost to Buffalo, New York, and Dallas all when he wasn't in the lineup?

Hootie
03-08-2010, 01:38 AM
I don't know how any of that is clear...

he would have rushed for 2500 yards that year and all of those drives that were wasted on Priest for the first 7 games might have led to different outcomes had Larry been in the game...

our team MVP had SEVEN touches against Philly...you already said it...

we wasted 7 starts on a washed up has been who was averaging almost 2 yards per carry less than his backup...who went on to have a 9 game stretch that was just about the best in NFL history.

Hootie
03-08-2010, 01:40 AM
if we would have used Priest Holmes like the Vikings used Chester Taylor last year...

Whatever though...

I'm just an idiot...why spend a mid 2nd on a perennial pro bowl WR when we can play draft roulette and have a 1 in 8 shot of getting a pro bowler!

Hootie
03-08-2010, 01:44 AM
I wonder when the draft gurus are going to realize building through the draft is not as important without a salary cap?

The third through seventh rounds are basically ways to get cap friendly players that are often role players or decent system starters that cost very little against the cap and can basically be held hostage through their rookie contracts...and every once in a while one of them actually ends up being a pro bowler or an all-pro or a legit franchise player...

Without a cap...now you can turn all of your 3rd round picks into $30M players like Anquan Boldin...

but that's just not a wise move since receivers hit a wall when they turn 30...oh wait, no they don't

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-08-2010, 02:18 AM
I wonder when the draft gurus are going to realize building through the draft is not as important without a salary cap?

The third through seventh rounds are basically ways to get cap friendly players that are often role players or decent system starters that cost very little against the cap and can basically be held hostage through their rookie contracts...and every once in a while one of them actually ends up being a pro bowler or an all-pro or a legit franchise player...

Without a cap...now you can turn all of your 3rd round picks into $30M players like Anquan Boldin...

but that's just not a wise move since receivers hit a wall when they turn 30...oh wait, no they don't

The cap is going to be back in 2011, you dumb fuck. It's amazing that you couldn't grasp the clearly sarcastic post of Deez in reference to this obvious fact.

Titty Meat
03-08-2010, 02:24 AM
lol.

Titty Meat
03-08-2010, 02:24 AM
Who are the "elite" free agents in 2011?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-08-2010, 02:28 AM
I don't know how any of that is clear...

he would have rushed for 2500 yards that year and all of those drives that were wasted on Priest for the first 7 games might have led to different outcomes had Larry been in the game...

our team MVP had SEVEN touches against Philly...you already said it...

we wasted 7 starts on a washed up has been who was averaging almost 2 yards per carry less than his backup...who went on to have a 9 game stretch that was just about the best in NFL history.

What do you mean how is it clear?

LJ started against Buffalo, Dallas, and New York, and we lost all of those games, two by more than one score. We racked up an amazing 3 points in Buffalo.

Furthermore, we gave up 37 straight points to Philly, save one kickoff return. Some of those points were the product of your very own LJ.

What do we know?

We know that Roaf was gone from the first drive of week 1 and missed the next 6 games. Coincidentally, his return also coincided with Priest's departure from the lineup.

We also know that LJ was not worth 20 points per game. We weren't winning that Denver game with him. We also know that Priest outperformed him in the Philly game.

If you really want to blame a loss on Priest, I guess you could point to the SD game where he got hurt, but somehow, I don't think that his 14 carries that would have gone to LJ were getting us the extra 9 points we needed to win that game, especially since we were down two scores until garbage time.

Yes, Larry was a freak of nature that year, but your childish stupidity won't let you see past the fact that whether or not he was starting from week 1 this was still a 10-6 team.

That is, unless you really think he could sustain the 500 carry pace we had him on from weeks 9-17, and remain just as productive w/o Roaf blocking on the left side where we ran 80% of our running plays with Vermeil.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-08-2010, 02:38 AM
Let's dig a little deeper into Hootie's [false] second round thesis:

Round two

<table id="sortable_table_id_1" class="wikitable sortable sortable" style="width: 100%;"> <tbody><tr> <th style="background: rgb(168, 189, 236) none repeat scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: border; -moz-background-origin: padding; -moz-background-inline-policy: continuous;" width="7%">Pick # http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_none.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_nfl_draft#)</th> <th style="background: rgb(168, 189, 236) none repeat scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: border; -moz-background-origin: padding; -moz-background-inline-policy: continuous;" width="40%">NFL Team http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_none.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_nfl_draft#)</th> <th style="background: rgb(168, 189, 236) none repeat scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: border; -moz-background-origin: padding; -moz-background-inline-policy: continuous;" width="20%">Player http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_none.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_nfl_draft#)</th> <th style="background: rgb(168, 189, 236) none repeat scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: border; -moz-background-origin: padding; -moz-background-inline-policy: continuous;" width="13%">Position http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_none.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_nfl_draft#)</th> <th style="background: rgb(168, 189, 236) none repeat scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: border; -moz-background-origin: padding; -moz-background-inline-policy: continuous;">College http://bits.wikimedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/sort_none.gif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_nfl_draft#)</th> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">33</td> <td>Houston</td> <td bgcolor="#ffcc00">DeMeco Ryans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeMeco_Ryans)</td> <td>Linebacker</td> <td>Alabama (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alabama_Crimson_Tide_football)</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">34</td> <td>Cleveland <sup>(from New Orleans)</sup></td> <td>D'Qwell Jackson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%27Qwell_Jackson)</td> <td>Linebacker</td> <td>Maryland</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">35</td> <td>Washington <sup>(from New York Jets)</sup></td> <td>Rocky McIntosh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_McIntosh)</td> <td>Linebacker</td> <td>Miami (Florida)</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">36</td> <td>New England <sup>(from Green Bay)</sup></td> <td>Chad Jackson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Jackson)</td> <td>Wide Receiver</td> <td>Florida (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Gators_football)</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">37</td> <td>Atlanta <sup>(from San Francisco via Denver and Green Bay)</sup></td> <td>Jimmy Williams (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_F._Williams)</td> <td>Cornerback</td> <td>Virginia Tech (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Tech_football)</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">38</td> <td>Oakland</td> <td>Thomas Howard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Howard_%28American_football%29)</td> <td>Linebacker</td> <td>UTEP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTEP_Miners_football)</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">39</td> <td>Philadelphia <sup>(from Tennessee)</sup></td> <td>Winston Justice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winston_Justice)</td> <td>Offensive Tackle</td> <td>Southern California</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">40</td> <td>Detroit</td> <td>Daniel Bullocks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Bullocks)</td> <td>Safety</td> <td>Nebraska (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska_Cornhuskers_football) <sup id="cite_ref-10" class="reference">[11] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_nfl_draft#cite_note-10)</sup></td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">41</td> <td>Arizona</td> <td>Taitusi Lutui (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deuce_Lutui)</td> <td>Guard</td> <td>Southern California</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">42</td> <td>Chicago <sup>(from Buffalo)</sup></td> <td>Danieal Manning (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danieal_Manning)</td> <td>Safety</td> <td>Abilene Christian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abilene_Christian_University)</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">43</td> <td>New Orleans <sup>(from Cleveland)</sup></td> <td bgcolor="#ffcc00">Roman Harper (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Harper)</td> <td>Safety</td> <td>Alabama</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">44</td> <td>New York Giants <sup>(from Baltimore)</sup></td> <td>Sinorice Moss (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinorice_Moss)</td> <td>Wide Receiver</td> <td>Miami (Florida)</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">45</td> <td>Tennessee <sup>(from Philadelphia)</sup></td> <td>LenDale White (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LenDale_White)</td> <td>Running back</td> <td>USC</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">46</td> <td>St. Louis Rams</td> <td>Joe Klopfenstein (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Klopfenstein)</td> <td>Tight End</td> <td>Colorado (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Buffaloes_football)</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">47</td> <td>Green Bay <sup>(from Atlanta)</sup></td> <td>Daryn Colledge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daryn_Colledge)</td> <td>Offensive Tackle</td> <td>Boise State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boise_State_Broncos_football)</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">48</td> <td>Minnesota</td> <td>Cedric Griffin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedric_Griffin)</td> <td>Cornerback</td> <td>Texas</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">49</td> <td>New York Jets <sup>(from Dallas)</sup></td> <td>Kellen Clemens (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellen_Clemens)</td> <td>Quarterback</td> <td>Oregon</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">50</td> <td>San Diego</td> <td bgcolor="#ffcc00">Marcus McNeill (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_McNeill)</td> <td>Offensive Tackle</td> <td>Auburn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auburn_Tigers_football)</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">51</td> <td>Minnesota <sup>(from Miami)</sup></td> <td>Ryan Cook (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Cook_%28American_football%29)</td> <td>Center</td> <td>New Mexico (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Mexico_Lobos_football)</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">52</td> <td>Green Bay <sup>(from New England)</sup></td> <td>Greg Jennings (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Jennings)</td> <td>Wide Receiver</td> <td>Western Michigan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Michigan_University)</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">53</td> <td>Dallas <sup>(from New York Jets)</sup></td> <td>Anthony Fasano (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Fasano)</td> <td>Tight End</td> <td>Notre Dame (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre_Dame_Fighting_Irish_football)</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">54</td> <td>Kansas City</td> <td>Bernard Pollard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Pollard)</td> <td>Safety</td> <td>Purdue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purdue_University)</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">55</td> <td>Cincinnati</td> <td>Andrew Whitworth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Whitworth)</td> <td>Offensive Tackle</td> <td>LSU</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">56</td> <td>Baltimore <sup>(from New York Giants)</sup></td> <td>Chris Chester (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Chester)</td> <td>Center</td> <td>Oklahoma</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">57</td> <td>Chicago</td> <td bgcolor="#ffcc00">Devin Hester (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devin_Hester)</td> <td>Cornerback</td> <td>Miami (Florida)</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">58</td> <td>Carolina</td> <td>Richard Marshall (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Marshall_%28defensive_back%29)</td> <td>Cornerback</td> <td>Fresno State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_State_University,_Fresno)</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">59</td> <td>Tampa Bay</td> <td>Jeremy Trueblood (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Trueblood)</td> <td>Offensive Tackle</td> <td>Boston College</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">60</td> <td>Jacksonville</td> <td bgcolor="#ffcc00">Maurice Jones-Drew (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Jones-Drew)</td> <td>Running back</td> <td>UCLA</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">61</td> <td>Denver</td> <td>Tony Scheffler (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Scheffler)</td> <td>Tight End</td> <td>Western Michigan</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">62</td> <td>Indianapolis</td> <td>Tim Jennings (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Jennings)</td> <td>Cornerback</td> <td>Georgia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Georgia)</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">63</td> <td>Seattle</td> <td>Darryl Tapp (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darryl_Tapp)</td> <td>Defensive End</td> <td>Virginia Tech</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">64</td> <td>Minnesota <sup>(from Pittsburgh)</sup></td> <td>Tarvaris Jackson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarvaris_Jackson)</td></tr></tbody></table>

Hootie
03-08-2010, 02:54 AM
what is false about my thesis?

2nd round picks are a crapshoot...

DRAFT ROULETTE!

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-08-2010, 02:54 AM
That's the 2006 Draft.

DeMeco Ryans: DROY and Pro Bowler. Great 4-3 Mike
D'Qwell Jackson: Solid Inside backer. Recently hurt, but a good player.
Rocky McIntosh: 87 tackles or more for 3 straight years. Good player
Chad Jackson: Bust
Jimmy Williams: Bust
Thomas Howard: One of the better 4-3 backers in the league
Winston Justice: Starting RT for the Eagles. Solid, not a great player, just not a LT.
Daniel Bullocks: Good player, but has missed 2/4 years due to injury. Otherwise, he was a productive safety, but can't stay healthy.
Deuce Lutui: Guard. Started on a SB team. Good player
Danieal Manning: Versatile safety and nickelback. Also led the NFL in KR average.
Roman Harper: PB safety, starter on a SB winner.
Sinorice Moss: Pretty shitty career. Buried on Giants depth chart
LenDale White: Good power/goal line back. Got weight problems under control. The best USC back of his class.
Daryn Colledge: Starting guard for GB. Quality player, but not a tackle.
Joe Klopfenstein: A fucking bum.
Cedric Griffin: Led the Vikings in picks. Started on a team that went to the Conference Title game and lost in OT to the SB champs on the road.
Kellen Clemens: Bust
Marcus McNeill: Pro Bowl LT. Those really suck
Ryan Cook: Swing tackle for the Vikings. Meh.
Greg Jennings: One of the ten best WRs in the league. Incidentally, Green Bay got this pick by trading Pro Bowl WR Javon Walker for a 2nd rounder
Anthony Fasano: Solid blocking tight end. More of a Parcells-size obsession pick. Meh.
Bernard Pollard: Seems to have done quite well for himself in Houston.
Andrew Whitworth: Starting tackle for the Bengals
Chris Chester: Backup OL for Baltimore
Devin Hester: Probaby the best KR in NFL history
Richard Marshall: Solid NFL starting CB. 88 tackles and 4 picks last year
Jeremy Trueblood: Starting LT for Tampa. Good young player
Tony Scheffler. Athletically talented, but in McDaniels' doghouse. Meh pick
Tim Jennings: Nickelback for SB runner up (Indy)
Darryl Tapp: Solid LDE. RFA of the Seahawks
Tarvaris Jackson: Awful QB.

So yeah, I think I'll take my fucking chances with our second rounder.

Hootie
03-08-2010, 02:56 AM
What do you mean how is it clear?

LJ started against Buffalo, Dallas, and New York, and we lost all of those games, two by more than one score. We racked up an amazing 3 points in Buffalo.

Furthermore, we gave up 37 straight points to Philly, save one kickoff return. Some of those points were the product of your very own LJ.

What do we know?

We know that Roaf was gone from the first drive of week 1 and missed the next 6 games. Coincidentally, his return also coincided with Priest's departure from the lineup.

We also know that LJ was not worth 20 points per game. We weren't winning that Denver game with him. We also know that Priest outperformed him in the Philly game.

If you really want to blame a loss on Priest, I guess you could point to the SD game where he got hurt, but somehow, I don't think that his 14 carries that would have gone to LJ were getting us the extra 9 points we needed to win that game, especially since we were down two scores until garbage time.

Yes, Larry was a freak of nature that year, but your childish stupidity won't let you see past the fact that whether or not he was starting from week 1 this was still a 10-6 team.

That is, unless you really think he could sustain the 500 carry pace we had him on from weeks 9-17, and remain just as productive w/o Roaf blocking on the left side where we ran 80% of our running plays with Vermeil.

This was a 12-4 team that played themselves down to 10-6...

No one can ever try and tell me that Dallas game wasn't the fluke of all flukes...

and a healthy Roaf all year along with Priest Holmes in a Chester Taylor role makes this team a 13-3 team and Super Bowl favorites.

Hootie
03-08-2010, 02:58 AM
why'd you pick the 2006 2nd round?

and besides...you vastly overrated a lot of those players and a lot of those players are exactly what I said about 2nd round picks...system starters...

Congrats...guarantee a lot of their backups could put up similar numbers.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-08-2010, 02:59 AM
This was a 12-4 team that played themselves down to 10-6...

No one can ever try and tell me that Dallas game wasn't the fluke of all flukes...

and a healthy Roaf all year along with Priest Holmes in a Chester Taylor role makes this team a 13-3 team and Super Bowl favorites.

We still lose to Denver. We still lose to Philly, We still lose to Dallas (thanks for the block, Larry), We still lose to Buffalo. We still lose to the Giants.

You forget that our defense still sucked and we couldn't stop the run. But the 25th ranked defense just screams Super Bowl favorites.

Hootie
03-08-2010, 02:59 AM
and the LenDale White write up is quite funny...

Dude is no better than a 30 year old Larry Johnson and he is no way more valuable than Reggie Bush...

IMO the Saints tried the very hardest to keep him fresh for the postseason this year...the guy never puts up huge numbers or anything but his versatility is extremely valuable and he made a TON of BIG plays in the postseason...

so calling him better than Reggie Bush is pure idiocy.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-08-2010, 03:00 AM
why'd you pick the 2006 2nd round?

and besides...you vastly overrated a lot of those players and a lot of those players are exactly what I said about 2nd round picks...system starters...

Congrats...guarantee a lot of their backups could put up similar numbers.

Excellent rebutall that in no way relies on supposition and contains absolutely overwhelming empirical evidence. Just like all your claims!!

Hootie
03-08-2010, 03:01 AM
We still lose to Denver. We still lose to Philly, We still lose to Dallas (thanks for the block, Larry), We still lose to Buffalo. We still lose to the Giants.

You forget that our defense still sucked and we couldn't stop the run. But the 25th ranked defense just screams Super Bowl favorites.

We play that Dallas game 25 times and we win 24 of them...

Dallas needed 10 bounces to go exactly their way and they still should have lost.

We were a healthy Roaf and a role reversal away (Holmes) from being an outstanding team.

Hootie
03-08-2010, 03:02 AM
Hamas why don't you disect this one!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_nfl_draft#Round_two

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-08-2010, 03:02 AM
and the LenDale White write up is quite funny...

Dude is no better than a 30 year old Larry Johnson and he is no way more valuable than Reggie Bush...

IMO the Saints tried the very hardest to keep him fresh for the postseason this year...the guy never puts up huge numbers or anything but his versatility is extremely valuable and he made a TON of BIG plays in the postseason...

so calling him better than Reggie Bush is pure idiocy.

Yes, Reggie Bush had a good game against Arizona. He's also missed chunks of every year with knee problems (they weren't keeping him fresh, he was medically unable to start and wasn't as good as Pierre Thomas).

White serves a role of short yardage/goal line back. He's not a great player, but he's a valuable player, and would be a good fit for a team like KC.

He's not a poor man's Dave Meggett.

Hootie
03-08-2010, 03:03 AM
or this one!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_nfl_draft#Round_two

Hootie
03-08-2010, 03:04 AM
I'm sorry...

Once the Saints starting locking things up and already had great RB depth to begin with...as well as a number of slot receivers...you can't try and tell me they weren't trying to keep Reggie Bush healthy down the stretch...

Hootie
03-08-2010, 03:05 AM
DRAFT ROULETTE!

WHERE TRADING FOR A PERENNIAL PRO BOWL RECEIVER JUST MAKES NO SENSE!

Hahaha...

The Boldin deal the Ravens got was almost equivalent to the Randy Moss bargain the Pats got.

Ridiculous.

AND PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD WERE AGAINST IT!

Hootie
03-08-2010, 03:06 AM
Maybe we could get Devery Henderson, Keary Colbert or Darius Watts instead! ( the 2004 NFL draft 2nd round WR class!!!!)

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-08-2010, 03:08 AM
Hamas why don't you disect this one!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_nfl_draft#Round_two

Why don't you

a) Do it your fucking self this time

and

b) Learn how to spell dissect.

(Note: There are a lot more good players in that round (shitty as it was for 2nd round standards, than a simple glossing over and looking for yellow highlighted boxes might lead you to believe.)

But like most ball watching FF players, your knowledge of the game only comes from box scores.

Hootie
03-08-2010, 03:08 AM
or maybe Reggie Brown, Mark Bradley, Roscoe Parrish, or Terrence Murphy (2005 round 2 gems!)

if we're lucky

Hootie
03-08-2010, 03:09 AM
Why don't you

a) Do it your ****ing self this time

and

b) Learn how to spell dissect.

(Note: There are a lot more good players in that round (shitty as it was for 2nd round standards, than a simple glossing over and looking for yellow highlighted boxes might lead you to believe.)

But like most ball watching FF players, your knowledge of the game only comes from box scores.

Wrong.

I looked at every single one of those players...

But please..

DISSECT it and tell me how good the players really are so you can try and validate your draft roulette game.

Hootie
03-08-2010, 03:10 AM
Taylor Jacobs, Bethel Johnson, Anquan Boldin and Tyrone Calico represent the 2003 2nd round!!!

one of those guys turned out pretty good...

coulda had him for $0.30 on the $1 but it would have made draft day less fun for our draft roulette players!

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-08-2010, 03:13 AM
or maybe Reggie Brown, Mark Bradley, Roscoe Parrish, or Terrence Murphy (2005 round 2 gems!)

if we're lucky

Or Vincent Jackson, Michael Roos, Barrett Ruud, Nick Collins, Lofa Tatupu, Bryant McFadden, Matt Roth, Kelvin Hayden, Jonathan Babineaux, or Brodney Pool.

Additional ironic sidenote:

I knew Bradley was going to be a great addition to this team...he looks as good as Bowe out there...nothing like filling a major void on the roster with a mid-season waiver wire pick up...

Hootie
03-08-2010, 03:13 AM
would you rather have Anquan Boldin or 6 numbers on a roulette wheel?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-08-2010, 03:14 AM
Hey Hootie:

If the second round is so invaluable, why don't you ask your boy Scott Pioli which round he values picks in the most and why?

Hootie
03-08-2010, 03:15 AM
Or Vincent Jackson, Michael Roos, Barrett Ruud, Nick Collins, Lofa Tatupu, Bryant McFadden, Matt Roth, Kelvin Hayden, Jonathan Babineaux, or Brodney Pool.

Additional ironic sidenote:

I do like Bradley...I liked him with the Bears, too...

I thought he was going to be a good player.

(I get the Bears games forced down my throat over here)

and I didn't even see Vincent Jackson...he's definitely pretty good...

so 1 out of what, 6 there?

that seems right

Hootie
03-08-2010, 03:16 AM
Hey Hootie:

If the second round is so invaluable, why don't you ask your boy Scott Pioli which round he values picks in the most and why?

well I agree, with a salary cap the 2nd round is the best round to pick in...that's common sense...

you don't have to pay top dollar for unproven players and they are graded out as more talented than players in lower rounds, drr...

BUT

it's still about a 10% chance of landing a pro bowl caliber player and probably less than 40% chance of landing a quality starting player...

Miles
03-08-2010, 03:17 AM
I'm sorry...

Once the Saints starting locking things up and already had great RB depth to begin with...as well as a number of slot receivers...you can't try and tell me they weren't trying to keep Reggie Bush healthy down the stretch...

And that had nothing to do with his knee and later hamstring injuries during the last month and a half of the season?

Hootie
03-08-2010, 03:17 AM
and shit...

Bradley did look just about as good as Bowe last year...you know...since both of them were terrible.

Hootie
03-08-2010, 03:19 AM
And that had nothing to do with his knee and later hamstring injuries during the last month and a half of the season?

well we all know he's injury prone but Hamas Jenkins is trying to say LenDale White is the better RB from USC from that class...

which is just outrageous...

and really neither of them are comparable...

LenDale White reminds of me an aging Larry Johnson...like the LJ right after his 416 carry season...

so yeah, he's ok...nothing better than a dime a dozen back you can find trolling someone's practice squad...

those guys are only as good as the system they run in...

LJ could be a 4.5 YPC back in Cincy just like Benson if he was the "starter"...

Hootie
03-08-2010, 03:21 AM
and lets say we got 4 years from Boldin...as in...he was signed to a 4 year deal just like the #50 overall will probably be signed to...

There is probably an 80% chance those 4 years of Boldin will significantly be better than the first 4 years from that #50 overall...

and there is probably a 50/50 chance that we'd get just as many years of service from Boldin as we would from the 22 year old we'd draft at #50...

so if you like playing the odds like I do...

it was pretty fucking dumb the Chiefs didn't top the Ravens offer...which was a $.30 on the $1 offer...

Hootie
03-08-2010, 03:24 AM

The Saints are super versatile offensively...

if Reggie was more a part of their offense, I think he would have played through those injuries...but they held him out because they are that versatile...

I also think any team would die to have a guy like Reggie Bush...definitely not the best NFL RB in terms of running through the tackles...but he has amazing hands out of the backfield, could play slot, could play RB, and can return kicks very well, and he's a gamebreaker.

I mean...he's got to be one of the 5 most valuable players on the Saints...

Hootie
03-08-2010, 03:26 AM
god Reggie Bush would be PERFECT for the Chiefs (and you could probably say that about every team)...

I know the Saints aren't going to cut him like it was rumored but if they did and we didn't at least try pursuing him...

You know..

I bet if he did hit the free agent market this year...he'd get vastly overpaid...and have a ton of bidders.

Miles
03-08-2010, 03:27 AM
well we all know he's injury prone but Hamas Jenkins is trying to say LenDale White is the better RB from USC from that class...

which is just outrageous...

and really neither of them are comparable...

LenDale White reminds of me an aging Larry Johnson...like the LJ right after his 416 carry season...

so yeah, he's ok...nothing better than a dime a dozen back you can find trolling someone's practice squad...

those guys are only as good as the system they run in...

LJ could be a 4.5 YPC back in Cincy just like Benson if he was the "starter"...

They are both quite underwhelming in the NFL. Bush just can't stay healthy but has more use and upsided because of his receiving skills. Lendale is nothing more than a mediocre back that was given the goal line carries in 08' which inflated his TDs.

Hootie
03-08-2010, 03:30 AM
well I figured Bush would be what Chris Johnson is when he was drafted...

that didn't quite work out but that doesn't mean he's a bust...

I think if you utilized him correctly he'd be an outstanding piece to any team...punt returner and situational offensive player that works the slot and the back field from time to time, and 3rd downs...

the Saints are starting to figure it out...he did average 5.6 YPC this year (in limited carries, or course)...

I still think he has solid upside...but you knows with that knee...

Miles
03-08-2010, 03:46 AM
I think if you utilized him correctly he'd be an outstanding piece to any team...punt returner and situational offensive player that works the slot and the back field from time to time, and 3rd downs...

the Saints are starting to figure it out...he did average 5.6 YPC this year (in limited carries, or course)...

I still think he has solid upside...but you knows with that knee...

Pretty much agreed. Hardly worth that high of a draft choice or what he is being paid but he does have very useful purpose when healthy.

chiefzilla1501
03-08-2010, 07:23 AM
well I agree, with a salary cap the 2nd round is the best round to pick in...that's common sense...

you don't have to pay top dollar for unproven players and they are graded out as more talented than players in lower rounds, drr...

BUT

it's still about a 10% chance of landing a pro bowl caliber player and probably less than 40% chance of landing a quality starting player...

I would also argue that at the positions the Chiefs badly need, the chance of landing a quality starter is significantly higher. The best Guards and Centers go off the board here. And usually very good OLBs (which is practically the same as a 3-4 ILB), Safeties, Halfbacks and Right Tackles.

I feel like a bunch of DEs, DTs, and especially CBs tend to go in the second round. Also plenty of QBs. And yeah, those are all low % plays.

tymania
03-08-2010, 08:37 AM

RIIIIIIGHT..... the dude had a career year last year.. Yes Jets O line is better than ours.. but he would be a good switch of pace from Charles.. I would rather have him than Justin Fargas

Rausch
03-08-2010, 08:39 AM
RIIIIIIGHT..... the dude had a career year last year.. Yes Jets O line is better than ours..

A point we should not overlook.

He was unimpressive at best before he got to NY...

tymania
03-08-2010, 08:46 AM

He was unimpressive at best before he got to NY...

I agree, but he was NOT that BAD in Chicago... but i think he would be as good as any back behind our O line this up coming year

Rausch
03-08-2010, 08:50 AM
I agree, but he was NOT that BAD in Chicago... but i think he would be as good as any back behind our O line this up coming year

He would not put up the numbers Charles did.

And Jones was lucky to hit the 1,000 yard mark before he hit NY. Keep in mind that 1,000 yards is now the average. It's expected of any respectable HB in the league...

tymania
03-08-2010, 08:58 AM

And Jones was lucky to hit the 1,000 yard mark before he hit NY. Keep in mind that 1,000 yards is now the average. It's expected of any respectable HB in the league...

No he wouldnt put up the numbers Charles did.. but give him lets say 200 carries.. averaging 3.5 to 4.0 yards a carry.. id take that from our 2nd back

Rausch
03-08-2010, 08:59 AM
No he wouldnt put up the numbers Charles did.. but give him lets say 200 carries.. averaging 3.5 to 4.0 yards a carry.. id take that from our 2nd back

You can find guys like that in the 3rd or 4th round every year for 1/4th of what Jones will ask in an uncapped year...

dirk digler
03-08-2010, 09:03 AM

He had 1335 yards in 2005 and 1200 yards in 2006 with the Bears. I don't see anything lucky about that and let's not forget when he went to the Jets their O-Line wasn't as good as it is now yet he had over 1000 yds in 07 and in 2008 their line got better and so did his stats.

tymania
03-08-2010, 09:05 AM
You can find guys like that in the 3rd or 4th round every year for 1/4th of what Jones will ask in an uncapped year...

I hear what you are saying.. but a rookie is unproven, Jones would be a solid option for 3rd and short and goal line situations.

Rausch
03-08-2010, 09:10 AM
He had 1335 yards in 2005 and 1200 yards in 2006 with the Bears. I don't see anything lucky about that and let's not forget when he went to the Jets their O-Line wasn't as good as it is now yet he had over 1000 yds in 07 and 08.

Again, he's hovered right around 1,000 yards.

The Bears were a run first team. That was their emphasis. Same with the Jets.

Those are very average numbers behind good offensive lines and playoff teams.

tymania
03-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Again, he's hovered right around 1,000 yards.

The Bears were a run first team. That was their emphasis. Same with the Jets.

Those are very average numbers behind good offensive lines and playoff teams.

So you want a #1 back numbers from a #2 guy in the lineup?

Rausch
03-08-2010, 09:15 AM
I hear what you are saying.. but a rookie is unproven, Jones would be a solid option for 3rd and short and goal line situations.

If that's the case we should have gone out and gotten the best. LT is a TD/short yardage machine.

tymania
03-08-2010, 09:16 AM
If that's the case we should have gone out and gotten the best. LT is a TD/short yardage machine.

100% percent agree!!!!

Rausch
03-08-2010, 09:20 AM
So you want a #1 back numbers from a #2 guy in the lineup?

No.

The guy had average numbers as a no 1.

I don't want to sign a guy asking to be a number 1 HB with no 1 money playing 2nd string who's average at best.

Sure, Marcus Allen or Rickey Watters or Barry Saunders or even an older Jamal Lewis. Overpay to have that guy at 2nd string.

But Thomas Jones? Really?...

Mr. Laz
03-08-2010, 09:26 AM
If that's the case we should have gone out and gotten the best. LT is a TD/short yardage machine.LT has already said publicly that he only wanted to sign with a team that had a chance to win a super bowl.

-King-
03-08-2010, 09:27 AM

LT sucked last year as a short yardage back. Hell even the chiefs stopped him 3 times on a row at the goal line. Thomas jones was/is better.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marco Polo
03-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Everyone is looking at this to the point of $$. I've read numerous posts on how we will be overpaying for him. Let's look at this at a logical, big picture way. Any manager out there knows staffing is a glorified chess game.

1) Do we have ample money to "buy" a RB2? Yes.

2) Do we have an unlimited number of draft choices to rebuild the franchise? No. Drafting a RB2 would waste a much needed pick in other areas (OL, DL, QB, WR, LB-pretty much everything but RB, P, and K).

3) Is there an abundance of young UFA talent out there? No.

So let me get this straight. We can get a RB2 that can get a limited number of carries to give Charles (who will clearly be our RB1) a breather and allow him to be a PR/KR (that we need). This RB2 won't cost us a draft pick, so we can use to continue to build our franchise. Yet people are complaining about $$? Huh?!

-King-
03-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Everyone is looking at this to the point of $$. I've read numerous posts on how we will be overpaying for him. Let's look at this at a logical, big picture way. Any manager out there knows staffing is a glorified chess game.

1) Do we have ample money to "buy" a RB2? Yes.

2) Do we have an unlimited number of draft choices to rebuild the franchise? No. Drafting a RB2 would waste a much needed pick in other areas (OL, DL, QB, WR, LB-pretty much everything but RB, P, and K).

3) Is there an abundance of young UFA talent out there? No.

So let me get this straight. We can get a RB2 that can get a limited number of carries to give Charles (who will clearly be our RB1) a breather and allow him to be a PR/KR (that we need). This RB2 won't cost us a draft pick, so we can use to continue to build our franchise. Yet people are complaining about $$? Huh?!

I'm with you but Charles should NOT be returning kicks
Posted via Mobile Device

tymania
03-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Hell id rather have Brian Westbrook over Thomas Jones and LT.. if he wasnt so injury prone... but Thomas Jones would be a good fit for us. Case closed

jspchief
03-08-2010, 09:51 AM

He was unimpressive at best before he got to NY...Huh? Unimpressive? He's been underutilized. He had several good years in Chicago behind a horrible O-line, and also played well everytime he got on the field in Tampa.

IMO Jones may be the most under-rated RB in the league.

I think it would be a great addition and I don't think he's going to command the money some people around here expect him to. There's a bunch of 30 year old RBs on the market this year and none of them are getting many looks.

nychief
03-08-2010, 09:54 AM
Huh? Unimpressive? He's been underutilized. He had several good years in Chicago behind a horrible O-line, and also played well everytime he got on the field in Tampa.

IMO Jones may be the most under-rated RB in the league.

I think it would be a great addition and I don't think he's going to command the money some people around here expect him to. There's a bunch of 30 year old RBs on the market this year and none of them are getting many looks.

I agree.... he is a beast, who all of KC will love once he is in red and gold. A great locker room guy (yeah, I know...), and at this point, I think anybody who is a chiefs fan complaining about adding talent is idiotic.

Rausch
03-08-2010, 09:58 AM
I agree.... he is a beast, who all of KC will love once he is in red and gold.

I think you're wrong.

And if he does sign with KC I hope ta' God you aren't...

The Franchise
03-08-2010, 10:02 AM
I'd rather have Thomas Jones than Justin Fargas.

Sofa King
03-08-2010, 10:03 AM

i agree... i was just pondering that same thing when i opened this thread...

raybec 4
03-08-2010, 10:03 AM

No love for Huggie Bear?

OnTheWarpath15
03-08-2010, 10:04 AM

I'd rather have Blount in the 4th/5th round.

The Franchise
03-08-2010, 10:06 AM

Well I was going strictly off FA RBs that are available. I'd love to grab Blount in the 4th/5th round.....but I see him going in the 3rd.

The Franchise
03-08-2010, 10:07 AM
No love for Huggie Bear?

No...the dude is always injured.

He's only been healthy for an entire 16 games......1 season in his entire career.

Brock
03-08-2010, 10:07 AM

Still could.

OnTheWarpath15
03-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Well I was going strictly off FA RBs that are available. I'd love to grab Blount in the 4th/5th round.....but I see him going in the 3rd.

Just making the point that it's stupid to sign a 30 year old FA at the one position you can fill with success at almost any point in the draft.

RB's are a dime a dozen. The Colts have it figured out.

Draft. Use for 3-4 years. Cut/trade. Rinse, repeat.