PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Which Chief's draft would you revisit with 20/20?

lostcause
03-07-2010, 02:39 AM
If you could go back in a time warp and pick any Chiefs draft they horribly massacred and choose whomever was available at all the picks of that draft - which draft would you choose and whom would you choose?

i.e. 2008
1.5 Clady instead of Dorsey
1.15 Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie instead of Albert
2.5 Desean Jackson instead of Flowers
3.10 Jamaal Charles because he's a pimp
etc...

or simply:
Terrell Davis instead of Trezelle Jenkins, because then the stoopid donkeys wouldn't have won elway a superbowl.

Titty Meat
03-07-2010, 02:40 AM
Reading this thread.

ChiefsCountry
03-07-2010, 02:42 AM
Why the fuck would you want to change 2008 draft, that was the only one that was really damn good all the way around. Last year was the abortion of a draft.

GordonGekko
03-07-2010, 02:43 AM
ok, i will play along. we should of kept our draft picks in '01 and taken drew brees. probably would have a superbowl right now with the emergence of priest holmes and LJ and having brees with roaf and shields...

2001 draft we didn't pick till the 3rd round, which is unacceptable.

ChiefsCountry
03-07-2010, 02:44 AM
ok, i will play along. we should of kept our draft picks in '01 and taken drew brees. probably would have a superbowl right now with the emergence of priest holmes and LJ and having brees with roaf and shields...

Those two picks in 2001 would have been Brees and Shaun Rogers.

GordonGekko
03-07-2010, 02:46 AM
Terrell Davis instead of Trezelle Jenkins, because then the stoopid donkeys wouldn't have won elway a superbowl.

this may be less terrell davis and more about vasoline

KCChiefsMan
03-07-2010, 02:52 AM
like I'm going to do research to answer your question. I do remember when we traded a first to the Steelers and they took Palamalu and what did we take? was it Junior Siavi? That's the draft that I would change.

ChiefsCountry
03-07-2010, 02:54 AM
like I'm going to do research to answer your question. I do remember when we traded a first to the Steelers and they took Palamalu and what did we take? was it Junior Siavi? That's the draft that I would change.

Larry Johnson

lostcause
03-07-2010, 03:00 AM
Larry Johnson

And so it begs the question... Larry Johnson, Troy Polamalu or Nnamadi Asomugha?

Chris Meck
03-07-2010, 03:09 AM
I'd take Dan Marino instead of Todd Blackledge. We'd have had Dan Marino and all those great defenses. How many Super Bowls do you think we'd have won?

milkman
03-07-2010, 06:35 AM
I'd take Dan Marino instead of Todd Blackledge. We'd have had Dan Marino and all those great defenses. How many Super Bowls do you think we'd have won?

That's actually a good one.

Kudos for finally posting something that made some sense.

milkman
03-07-2010, 06:39 AM
More recently, 2005 would be the draft that I would revisit.

We took DJ when Aaron Rogers was sitting there.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-07-2010, 06:41 AM

Thats the one I was going to say. We also could have had Jim Kelley in that draft and I think there was one more, was it Aikman. I remember there was three HOF QB's there and we fucking took Blackledge,

Chiefnj2
03-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Round 1: Brett Favre
Round 2: Erik Williams
Round 3: Yancy Thigpen
Round 4: Ben Coates
Round 5: Michael Jackson
Round 6: Leon Lett

Marty has some offensive toys to field with a growing intimidating defense of the earyl 90s.

BossChief
03-07-2010, 07:04 AM
Who we passed on to make our picks that went within a few picks of ours in each draft:

1 Marcus Stroud/Drew Brees
2 Kris Jenkins/Aaron Schobel/Fred Smoot
3 Dwight Smith/Reggie Hayward
4 Sage Rosenfelds/Ryan Deim/ Cornell Buckhalter
5 AJ Feeley/Mike McMahan
6 TJ houshyomamma
7 Kynan Forney/ Marlon Mcree
1 John Henderson/Dwight Freeney/Haynesowth
2 Portis
3 Bryan Westbrook
4 David Gerrard/ Larry Foote
5 (drafted Fujita) Aaron Kampman
6 Justin Hartwig/ Chester Taylor
7 Raheem Brock
1 Polamalu (from the spot we traded down from)/ Asamughua (taken a couple picks after LJ)
2 Anuan Boldin/ Osi Umenyoura
3 Visante Shiancoe/ Chris Simms
4 Asante Samuel
5 David Deil/ Dan Koppen/ Tony Pashos
6 Cato June/ Yerimiah Bell
7 not much to pick from there
1 Karlos Dansby/ Igor Olshansky
2 Bob Sanders/ Darnell Dockett/ Nick Hardwick/ Bernard Berrian
3 Shaun Phillips/ Nathan Vasher
4 JARED ALLEN
5 Rex Hadnot
6 Shane Olivea/ Pat crayton
7 Bobby McRay
1 Aaron Rodgers/ Roddy White
2 Nick Collins/ Vincent Jackson
3 DUSTIN COLUIT
4 Kerry Rhodes/ Jason Brown/ Darren Sproles/ Chris Canty
5 Trent Cole/ Tyjuan Hagler
6 Derrick Anderson/ Chris Kemeotu
7 Ryan Fitzpatrick/ Matt Cassel

And there you have it, the reason why you should hate Carl Peterson because from all of those drafts we have nothing but Dustin Colquit and Derrick Johnson and every single one of those guys I listed was a pretty major NEED for our team at the time.

FUCK YOU CARL!!!

Crush
03-07-2010, 07:39 AM
Who we passed on to make our picks that went within a few picks of ours in each draft:

1 Marcus Stroud/Drew Brees
2 Kris Jenkins/Aaron Schobel/Fred Smoot
3 Dwight Smith/Reggie Hayward
4 Sage Rosenfelds/Ryan Deim/ Cornell Buckhalter
5 AJ Feeley/Mike McMahan
6 TJ houshyomamma
7 Kynan Forney/ Marlon Mcree
1 John Henderson/Dwight Freeney/Haynesowth
2 Portis
3 Bryan Westbrook
4 David Gerrard/ Larry Foote
5 (drafted Fujita) Aaron Kampman
6 Justin Hartwig/ Chester Taylor
7 Raheem Brock
1 Polamalu (from the spot we traded down from)/ Asamughua (taken a couple picks after LJ)
2 Anuan Boldin/ Osi Umenyoura
3 Visante Shiancoe/ Chris Simms
4 Asante Samuel
5 David Deil/ Dan Koppen/ Tony Pashos
6 Cato June/ Yerimiah Bell
7 not much to pick from there
1 Karlos Dansby/ Igor Olshansky
2 Bob Sanders/ Darnell Dockett/ Nick Hardwick/ Bernard Berrian
3 Shaun Phillips/ Nathan Vasher
4 JARED ALLEN
5 Rex Hadnot
6 Shane Olivea/ Pat crayton
7 Bobby McRay
1 Aaron Rodgers/ Roddy White
2 Nick Collins/ Vincent Jackson
3 DUSTIN COLUIT
4 Kerry Rhodes/ Jason Brown/ Darren Sproles/ Chris Canty
5 Trent Cole/ Tyjuan Hagler
6 Derrick Anderson/ Chris Kemeotu
7 Ryan Fitzpatrick/ Matt Cassel

And there you have it, the reason why you should hate Carl Peterson because from all of those drafts we have nothing but Dustin Colquit and Derrick Johnson and every single one of those guys I listed was a pretty major NEED for our team at the time.

FUCK YOU CARL!!!

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2503/480503758.gif

michaelj_58
03-07-2010, 07:45 AM
1983,draft dan marino instead of todd blackledge,that one still burns my ass.

Rausch
03-07-2010, 08:22 AM
And so it begs the question... Larry Johnson, Troy Polamalu or Nnamadi Asomugha?

If that's the question it's a stupid one.

Whatever year we drafted Bartee.

That pick sucked on draft day, we stuck with him for a number of years while he continued to suck, and it made our team suck for years after...

milkman
03-07-2010, 08:27 AM
If that's the question it's a stupid one.

Whatever year we drafted Bartee.

That pick sucked on draft day, we stuck with him for a number of years while he continued to suck, and it made our team suck for years after...

Bartee didn't cause the suckage, he was just a symptom of the sucking diesease.

Carl and Cunther drafted him.

The suckage started at the top, with Lamar, and Carl, and trickled down.

Rausch
03-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Bartee didn't cause the suckage, he was just a symptom of the sucking diesease.

Carl and ****her drafted him.

The suckage started at the top, with Lamar, and Carl, and trickled down.

I can't argue that, but Bartee was like the embodiment of everything that was wrong with KC during that time. He was "Quick 6."

He was always in position to make a pick and NEVER came up with one...

whoman69
03-07-2010, 10:10 AM
If you could go back in a time warp and pick any Chiefs draft they horribly massacred and choose whomever was available at all the picks of that draft - which draft would you choose and whom would you choose?

i.e. 2008
1.5 Clady instead of Dorsey
1.15 Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie instead of Albert
2.5 Desean Jackson instead of Flowers
3.10 Jamaal Charles because he's a pimp
etc...

or simply:

Trezelle Jenkins didn't work out, but to say the Chiefs should have taken Terrell Davis in round one was ludicrous. He was taken in the 6th round. If you want to 20/20 that draft then if you don't trade that pick you get Ty Law in round one and miss out on drafting Willard Jerrett in round 5. Trading down as they did I don't see much the Chiefs missed out on from the round 2 picks (Jenkins went #31 in the draft).

20/20 hindsight in the draft could be used in almost any year and I have done so in the past on my computer starting in 1970 and another in 1979. 1979 is the biggest year I could come up with. Imagine Joe Montana here for his entire career instead of Steve Fuller. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=99756