PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs in Negotiations with Chris Chambers

doomy3
03-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Chris Chambers-WR- Chiefs Mar. 7 - 12:07 pm et

The Chiefs are negotiating with unrestricted free agent Chris Chambers, a source tells Profootballtalk's Mike Florio.
Chambers latched on with the Chiefs after getting cut by the Chargers last season and caught 36 passes for 608 yards with four touchdowns in nine games. He'll be 32 when the 2010 season kicks off, but would likely start opposite Dwayne Bowe if he re-signs with the Chiefs.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1283

Let's get him signed and then draft a WR in the second or third...

Mr. Flopnuts
03-07-2010, 11:14 AM
FUCK YES! Get it done today!

TRR
03-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Bowe, Chambers, Golden Tate would be a decent set of WR's.
Posted via Mobile Device

JOhn
03-07-2010, 11:18 AM
JFC, just get it done!!!!!!

milkman
To the Houseboat!

Gonzo
He impressed the shit outta me last year. The guy still has it.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefMojo
That would actually be a pretty decent WR trio if you ask me. Bowe the possession WR, Chambers a good sized medium/deep threat, and Tate is the deep threat/big play guy. Best WR trio the Chiefs have had in a LONG time.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-07-2010, 11:19 AM
We'd have to move back into the first to get Tate. He's not going to slide into the 2nd round anymore by all accounts.

JOhn
03-07-2010, 11:21 AM
To the Houseboat!

:LOL:

DeezNutz
03-07-2010, 11:22 AM
And this is exciting why?

doomy3
03-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Give me Demariyous Thomas and/or Mardy Gilyard with our 2B and 3 picks.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-07-2010, 11:24 AM

Chambers being re signed was near the top of my priority list after the season ended. Haley would be getting made fun of to no end with his 22 guys off the street comment if Chambers hadn't been claimed on waivers. He instantaneously improved this _ffense.

DeezNutz
03-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Chambers being re signed was near the top of my priority list after the season ended. Haley would be getting made fun of to no end with his 22 guys off the street comment if Chambers hadn't been claimed on waivers. He instantaneously improved this _ffense.

Chambers might be the best of what's left, but I was hoping to Bowe (drop) him and sign Walter, the younger option with comparable talent.

-King-
03-07-2010, 11:26 AM
We'd have to move back into the first to get Tate. He's not going to slide into the 2nd round anymore by all accounts.

Nope that's not happening. He's going somewhere in the 20s unless he completely blows his pro day
Posted via Mobile Device

wazu
03-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Sadly this is the best off-season player news that the Chiefs have announced, and it isn't even a signing. At least now we can cling to hope that the already horrible WR corp won't take a giant step backwards.

doomy3
03-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Chambers might be the best of what's left, but I was hoping to Bowe (drop) him and sign Walter, the younger option with comparable talent.

Well, Walter re-signed with Houston, so would you just rather not sign Chambers now out of principal?

Mr. Flopnuts
03-07-2010, 11:30 AM

Well, I was hoping that we would get Walters done and keep Chambers too. Probably wishful thinking on my part, but when Walters resigned with Houston, Chambers became priority number 1 for the offense IMO.

-King-
03-07-2010, 11:30 AM

So did the rest of us, but I knew it wouldn't happen. No way walter was leaving. He has a good qb in shaub and a man-god in andre johnson to take attention away from him.

What are his contract numbers btw?
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
03-07-2010, 11:31 AM

I agree with this. But either way, they're both stopgaps. At least this gets the job done for about 2 seasons.

DeezNutz
03-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Well, Walter re-signed with Houston, so would you just rather not sign Chambers now out of principal?

Of course not.

But this news gets filed on the "eh" category. Worthy of a thread--it's good FYI--but I'm just a little surprised at how many are actually pretty excited by this decision.

Who knows...I could be wrong about what Chambers is and could yet become.

jlscorpio
03-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Chambers is better than Bowe

Mr. Flopnuts
I'm a Chris Chambers fan because of what he did when he came here. He could've went the diva route over being claimed on waivers by KC, but he didn't. He came in, worked his ass off, and made our offense better overnight. He's an asset to this team. One of a very, very few.

DeezNutz
So did the rest of us, but I knew it wouldn't happen. No way walter was leaving. He has a good qb in shaub and a man-god in andre johnson to take attention away from him.

Posted via Mobile Device

Don't know.

But I'll say this, I would have preferred to overspend for Walter as opposed to overspending for a guy like Jones.

wazu

Would you not at least say he is what we saw in 2009? He was our best WR. Don't see how this team gets any better by him leaving. I don't think anybody here is speculating that he's going to become a stud or anything.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-07-2010, 11:34 AM
I agree with this. But either way, they're both stopgaps. At least this gets the job done for about 2 seasons.

Chambers has 4-5 years left IMO. I'd sign him to a 3-4 year deal in a heartbeat. And I'd pay him good money for it too.

DeezNutz
03-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Would you not at least say he is what we saw in 2009? He was our best WR. Don't see how this team gets any better by him leaving. I don't think anybody here is speculating that he's going to become a stud or anything.

Bowe needs to improve.

If Chambers continues to be our best WR, we're in deep fucking shit.

chiefzilla1501
03-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Of course not.

But this news gets filed on the "eh" category. Worthy of a thread--it's good FYI--but I'm just a little surprised at how many are actually pretty excited by this decision.

I think Weis is going to like him. Relatively big guy with the threat to go deep. That's a trademark of his offense.

He'll do real well in this system. That's assuming, of course, that he has much gas left in the tank and that he'll be motivated to keep working hard. Those are the things that worry me a lot more than just talent.

OnTheWarpath15
03-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Good. We need someone to post up and bring down Cassel's hot-air balloon throws.

wazu
03-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Bowe needs to improve.

If Chambers continues to be our best WR, we're in deep fucking shit.

Definitely agree with those two statements.

chiefzilla1501
03-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Chambers has 4-5 years left IMO. I'd sign him to a 3-4 year deal in a heartbeat. And I'd pay him good money for it too.

Not sure. Speed is the first thing to go and he'll be 32. I hope you're right.

DeezNutz
03-07-2010, 11:39 AM
That's assuming, of course, that he has much gas left in the tank and that he'll be motivated to keep working hard. Those are the things that worry me a lot more than just talent.

These are important concerns, particularly the latter.

Even if the speed goes, he has the body type to be a possession receiver.

chiefzilla1501
03-07-2010, 11:42 AM
These are important concerns, particularly the latter.

Even if the speed goes, he has the body type to be a possession receiver.

Very big 'ifs'. I just hope he doesn't disappear like he did in San Diego. He was playing like he didn't care to be there.

I agree on the latter point, especially in Charlie Weis' offense. He doesn't like to go deep a ton, but he likes to have the threat to go deep to keep defenses honest.

HypnotizedMonkey
03-07-2010, 11:58 AM
to the scooner!

HotRoute
03-07-2010, 12:05 PM
boldin has already slipped away if chambers gets away too, we will seriously need to start looking at g.tate, m.gilyard, and other 2nd round guys that could make an impact for the offense

SAUTO
03-07-2010, 12:06 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

3 years 26 mil IIRC
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
03-07-2010, 12:09 PM
3 years 26 mil IIRC
Posted via Mobile Device

5 year 21.5 million deal. $8 million guaranteed.

http://tailgate.rtsports.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=78939

DeezNutz
3 years 26 mil IIRC
Posted via Mobile Device

5 years 21 mil.

FML

http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/nfl_news.cfm?news_id=1289

Which will look even better when Chambers comes in at 3 for 24.

milkman
boldin has already slipped away if chambers gets away too, we will seriously need to start looking at g.tate, m.gilyard, and other 2nd round guys that could make an impact for the offense

Chiefs need to be looking at those guys, regardless.

milkman
03-07-2010, 12:10 PM
5 years 21 mil.

FML

Repost

DeezNutz
03-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Repost

Fuck your son.

He didn't throw in a Pioli slam at the end.

milkman
03-07-2010, 12:15 PM
**** your son.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-07-2010, 12:17 PM
5 years 21 mil.

FML

Which will look even better when Chambers comes in at 3 for 24.

Honestly, I wouldn't want to pay $4 million a year to a guy that has been in the league for 8 years and never had a 1000 yard season. He's never even had a 900 yard season. 8 TD's is the most he's had in 1 year and that's double his 2nd highest total.

Granted that Chambers has fallen off his early career numbers. The only reason I'd advocate paying him the same deal that Walters got from Houston is because Chris has shown his value in our scheme, and we know exactly what he can do for us.

Walters is 4 years younger, but that's really the only thing I see him having on Chris Chambers.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Fuck your son.

Mafucker............

Mr. Flopnuts

MAFUCKER..............

Micjones
Good deal. It'll be nice to have them both on the field at the same time throughout the year barring injury or...diet pills.

-King-
03-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't want to pay $4 million a year to a guy that has been in the league for 8 years and never had a 1000 yard season. He's never even had a 900 yard season. 8 TD's is the most he's had in 1 year and that's double his 2nd highest total.

Granted that Chambers has fallen off his early career numbers. The only reason I'd advocate paying him the same deal that Walters got from Houston is because Chris has shown his value in our scheme, and we know exactly what he can do for us.

Walters is 4 years younger, but that's really the only thing I see him having on Chris Chambers.

And we don't know what Walters can do without having the man-God playing opposite him.

And we don't know what he can do without a good qb.

Sure-Oz
03-07-2010, 12:53 PM
I think you sign him to a 2 year deal, he was pretty decent and well we need a WR

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-07-2010, 12:55 PM

Thomas isn't going to workout before the draft. He's not going that early with so many health and scheme concerns.

Red Brooklyn
03-07-2010, 12:59 PM
This is exciting because there's very little goddamn else to be excited about right now!!!

:banghead:

Bowser
03-07-2010, 01:02 PM
One way or another, good or bad, the Chiefs will fuck this up.

Good. We need someone to post up and bring down Cassel's hot-air balloon throws.

Are receivers allowed to fair catch passes? That would be advantageous for this team.....

doomy3
03-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Thomas isn't going to workout before the draft. He's not going that early with so many health and scheme concerns.

You think he'll last until our round 4 pick? I doubt it, but who knows.

Bowser
03-07-2010, 01:06 PM

In the same vein, where do you think your boy Dannario Alexander is going to go, if he gets drafted at all?

DeezNutz
03-07-2010, 01:25 PM
In the same vein, where do you think your boy Dannario Alexander is going to go, if he gets drafted at all?

He's the type of player that I'd love to draft late. Huge upside.

Fritz88
03-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Do it Pioli. Do it.

doomy3
03-07-2010, 01:28 PM
He's the type of player that I'd love to draft late. Huge upside.

He'd be great in the 6th or 7th. Too bad we don't have one of those picks though. Not sure I'd want to use a 5th on him though, when there should be some nice selections at LB, OL, and possibly RB (this is why I would like to sign T. Jones though, so we don't need to use a pick in this draft on a RB).

DeezNutz
03-07-2010, 01:34 PM
He'd be great in the 6th or 7th. Too bad we don't have one of those picks though. Not sure I'd want to use a 5th on him though, when there should be some nice selections at LB, OL, and possibly RB (this is why I would like to sign T. Jones though, so we don't need to use a pick in this draft on a RB).

I completely agree that we need to utilize FA effectively, as teams can't be built through the draft alone.

If Jones can be had at a rate that makes sense, it would be a great signing.

Titty Meat
03-07-2010, 01:36 PM
A 30 something year old with off the field troubles and Pioli is going to pay him?

Mr. Flopnuts
03-07-2010, 01:37 PM
I completely agree that we need to utilize FA effectively, as teams can't be built through the draft alone.

If Jones can be had at a rate that makes sense, it would be a great signing.

Everyone keeps talking about how they don't care what we pay Jones to be a backup RB. They'll care in a couple of years when Jamaal needs a new contract and points to Jones price as a back up.

BossChief
03-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Great news!

Git r dun Scott!

We cant afford to let him walk...this is one of the bigger reasons I didnt want any part of trading for Boldin. Sign Chambers and keep those valuable picks.

alpha_omega
03-07-2010, 02:49 PM
I would say yes...what else do we have? ....
My only concern would be a dropoff from last years production.

KCChiefsMan
03-07-2010, 02:55 PM
yes, we definitely need to resign him. We also need to get at least one more WR

scho63
03-07-2010, 03:42 PM
AGREED

What about Mardy Gillyard of Cincy?

Cosmos
03-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Gilyard has issues.

http://30secondspots.blogspot.com/2008/01/burger-king-small-hands.html

chop
03-07-2010, 06:35 PM

I was listening to sirius nfl channel and one of the guys (I think Pat Kirwan) was talking about how some scout (didn't get his name) said Thomas was going to be better than Calvin Johnson.

Has anyone seen Thomas play? I've never saw the kid play but I am intrigued.

doomy3
03-07-2010, 06:41 PM
I was listening to sirius nfl channel and one of the guys (I think Pat Kirwan) was talking about how some scout (didn't get his name) said Thomas was going to be better than Calvin Johnson.

Has anyone seen Thomas play? I've never saw the kid play but I am intrigued.

I honestly think he has the potential to be a number one playmaking WR in the NFL. I watched several GT games, but it's hard to get a read for him because they ran a triple option. That said, he was an explosive playmaker for them, but limited because of the offense they ran. I think he is legit.

The kid is 6'3", 225 lbs, and runs a 4.3 40. Oh, and he has enormous hands. I don't think he'll make it out of round 2, even though he is injured right now. Could be wrong though.

Micjones
03-07-2010, 06:41 PM

That'd be the smart thing to do.
Have your next guy ready to go...

BossChief
03-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Thomas was a very good prospect, but a broken foot can kill a WRs career.

I like a kid like Benn. He would be a highly sought after prospect if he didnt play with a dogshit qb at Illinois.

03-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Negotiations? What? He should have been signed already.

DumbHillbillies
03-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Yep, love to see chambers back at a decent price of course.

Nightfyre
03-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Why does no one on this board think of damien williams when talking about wr we could draft at 2a? What's not to love about what he brings? Soft hands, strong routes, all the physical talent in the world...
Posted via Mobile Device

Red Beans
03-07-2010, 09:00 PM
He's Kennison 2.0. A guy who never lived up to the hype makes good in KC. It would be nice to see it happen again, and I'm fully confident it could happen.

OnTheWarpath15
03-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Why does no one on this board think of damien williams when talking about wr we could draft at 2a? What's not to love about what he brings? Soft hands, strong routes, all the physical talent in the world...
Posted via Mobile Device

I've mentioned him a few times, I think the guy is the real deal.

I'm just not sure he's there in the 2nd.

Ralphy Boy
03-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Thomas was a very good prospect, but a broken foot can kill a WRs career.

I like a kid like Benn. He would be a highly sought after prospect if he didnt play with a dogshit qb at Illinois.

It sounds like Thomas is going to be fine and I'd take him with our first 2nd if he falls that far. His injury could be a blessing to a team if it causes him to fall into their lap.Here is some news on him. (http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_previousnews.aspx?sport=nfl&id=5700)

Sounds like he might get to work out before the draft after all. If he's close to 100% before it, he doesn't make it out of the first.

Have him in for a visit and tell him to bring his medical file. Have our doctors examine him, take new x-rays and compare them to the ones he had taken from right after the break. If he looks good, you draft him with 2a.

I'd assume that just because you draft him doesn't mean you have to pay him or ever sign him. If he doesn't heal, you've wasted the pick but it sure beats giving him a signing bonus and never playing him.

Brock
03-07-2010, 10:48 PM
This guy plays great when his career is on the line.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-07-2010, 10:55 PM
It sounds like Thomas is going to be fine and I'd take him with our first 2nd if he falls that far. His injury could be a blessing to a team if it causes him to fall into their lap.Here is some news on him. (http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_previousnews.aspx?sport=nfl&id=5700)

Sounds like he might get to work out before the draft after all. If he's close to 100% before it, he doesn't make it out of the first.

Have him in for a visit and tell him to bring his medical file. Have our doctors examine him, take new x-rays and compare them to the ones he had taken from right after the break. If he looks good, you draft him with 2a.

I'd assume that just because you draft him doesn't mean you have to pay him or ever sign him. If he doesn't heal, you've wasted the pick but it sure beats giving him a signing bonus and never playing him.

JFC.

I don't care how good his raw measureables are. You don't draft a WR with a broken foot with an uncertain 40 time coming from a triple option offense at our 2a pick.

BryanBusby
03-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Nick Wright says the Chiefs will definitely get Chambers resigned, which means he'll be a Cleveland Brown in a few days.

warrior
03-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Chambers resigned 3 years --ESPN

DeezNutz
Chambers resigned 3 years --ESPN

Good.

Wonder who will pick him up?

Titty Meat
Adam_Schefter Filed to ESPN: KC re-signed WR Chris Chambers to a three-year deal worth up to $15 million that includes $5.9 million in gtd money.
3 minutes ago via UberTwitter

Sure-Oz
03-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Good.

Wonder who will pick him up?

Adam_Schefter: KC re-signed WR Chris Chambers to a three-year deal worth up to $15 million that includes $5.9 million in gtd money.

DeezNutz
03-08-2010, 02:44 PM
"up to"?

Like to know the base deal.

DeezNutz
Adam_Schefter: KC re-signed WR Chris Chambers to a three-year deal worth up to $15 million that includes $5.9 million in gtd money.

Yeah, I was being a smartass.

Resigned vs. re-signed.

Sure-Oz
"up to"?

Like to know the base deal.

a pair of royals tickets and a dinner for two at sonic

'Hamas' Jenkins
Over/Under 700 yards next year?

Sure-Oz
03-08-2010, 02:45 PM

Resigned vs. re-signed.
I know

Titty Meat

695 and won't play all 16 games.

raybec 4

over/ but not over 5 TD's

DeezNutz
03-08-2010, 02:46 PM
a pair of royals tickets and a dinner for two at sonic

That could be worth 25K!!

Matt Stairs, bitches.

Sure-Oz
03-08-2010, 02:47 PM
That could be worth 25K!!

Matt Stairs, bitches.

SONIC SLAM INNING FTW!!!!!!!!ROFL

warrior
03-08-2010, 02:47 PM

Resigned vs. re-signed.

I was excited smartass :D

Titty Meat
03-08-2010, 02:48 PM
I'd like to know who else was trying to sign Chambers.

DeezNutz
03-08-2010, 02:49 PM
I'd like to know who else was trying to sign Chambers.

Haley.

We bid against ourselves.

DeezNutz
03-08-2010, 02:51 PM

500!!! /Cassel, as he throws a rainduck

Titty Meat
03-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Haley.

We bid against ourselves.

Seems that way. The way some talk about Chambers on here you'd think there would be a huge demand for him.

OnTheWarpath15
03-08-2010, 03:02 PM

Under.

Fish
03-08-2010, 03:25 PM
I just heard we resigned Chambers. 3yr $15M....

DumbHillbillies
03-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Good deal