PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs NT: Shaun Rogers possibly on trading block

T-post Tom
03-08-2010, 03:54 AM
Cleveland Browns' nose tackle Shaun Rogers could be traded to plug big gaps

1. While the Browns give signals that they have no intention of trading Shaun Rogers, don't be shocked if it happens. It could be for a quarterback. It certainly could be for a defensive back. Maybe even an offensive lineman, or a combination of players from these areas of need. But the Browns must add to the secondary and the offensive line. They also want another linebacker. Fans are aware of the quarterback situation, especially with Derek Anderson expected to be released soon.

2. Yes, Rogers can be an impact defensive lineman. But the Browns believe they can make the line work without Rogers. They like Ahtyba Rubin at nose tackle. They believe Robaire Smith is underrated as an end in the 3-4 scheme. Even after trading Corey Williams to the Lions, the Browns think they have enough depth with Kenyon Coleman, C.J. Mosley and Brian Schaefering. If Rogers is traded, they probably would sign another defensive lineman -- but he wouldn't have to be a star.

3. The Browns' concern with Rogers is his tendency to freelance, rather than cover the area he is assigned. Often, he left big holes in the middle of the line in his attempt to make a big play. The defense is based on linemen occupying a lot of space and a lot of blockers, setting up linebackers for tackles.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index.ssf/2010/03/cleveland_browns_rogers_could.html

Hammock Parties
03-08-2010, 03:55 AM
Why is the headline needlessly sexualized?

T-post Tom
03-08-2010, 05:25 AM
Why is the headline needlessly sexualized?

Good question. Sex sells?

eazyb81
03-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Rogers has been on the block, but no takers apparently. If anyone knows his work ethic it's Crennel, and if he doesn't want him then it won't happen.

suds79
03-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Well here's an option. And they're very limited.

If we trade for Rogers, that means we don't have to pray & hope Cody falls to us in the 2nd which probably won't happen anyways since he came to the combine significantly lighter.

There are a couple of guys later in the draft who could possibly play NT but then you're counting on some mid round rookie to start and anchor such an important position. Just not a solid plan.

I'd be all for going after Rogers. I'm tired of us sucking for several years. Time to start winning and Shaun could go a long, long way in helping our run D.

Rausch
03-08-2010, 08:38 AM
Rogers has been on the block, but no takers apparently. If anyone knows his work ethic it's Crennel, and if he doesn't want him then it won't happen.

This.

I'd like him. Honestly, who the fuck do we have (players) that knows how to play DT/DE in a 3-4?

That said, if his former HC doesn't want him that speaks volumes...

MoreLemonPledge
03-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Rogers was at his best when he was penetrating, not taking up blockers. Sure, he can do it, but it's not really his strength, nor is it what he wants to do.

Rausch
03-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Rogers was at his best when he was penetrating, not taking up blockers. Sure, he can do it, but it's not really his strength, nor is it what he wants to do.

That's fine.

We've now got the DC who got his squad to run a 3-4, 4-3, and even a 5-2 and other oddball $#it with great results.

I love the idea of the DC saying "Ok, this week we're going more 4-3 because it provides us with the best matchup. Dorsey goes back to DT in a pass rushing role and we'll run our zone blitzes primarily from that formation."

Dorsey clearly has huge upside and talent and having a DC who is a proven wizard at milking every ounce of productivity out of his players is a luxury we haven't had in years...

ClevelandBronco
03-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Well here's an option. And they're very limited.

If we trade for Rogers, that means we don't have to pray & hope Cody falls to us in the 2nd which probably won't happen anyways since he came to the combine significantly lighter.

There are a couple of guys later in the draft who could possibly play NT but then you're counting on some mid round rookie to start and anchor such an important position. Just not a solid plan.

I'd be all for going after Rogers. I'm tired of us sucking for several years. Time to start winning and Shaun could go a long, long way in helping our run D.

What on earth could the Chiefs offer?

Mr. Laz
03-08-2010, 09:22 AM
as always ... depends on what they want in trade.

imo our 1st and 2nd round picks are off limits this year

if they want a 3rd this year or something next year ... let's talk.

RedThat
03-08-2010, 09:25 AM
as always ... depends on what they want in trade.

imo our 1st and 2nd round picks are off limits this year

if they want a 3rd this year or something next year ... let's talk.

I'd try to push for a 4th. If they can give up a 4th plus an additional late round pick for Rogers, make the move.

Ralphy Boy
03-08-2010, 09:35 AM
I'd try to push for a 4th. If they can give up a 4th plus an additional late round pick for Rogers, make the move.

Motion seconded.

That said, I wonder how effective he'd be when Haley makes him drop down to 290.

Sfeihc
03-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Rogers is a jake. Crennel won't make the same mistake twice.

The Franchise
03-08-2010, 09:57 AM
I'd give up our 2b pick and a 6th rounder for

Brady Quinn
Shaun Rogers
D'Qwell Jackson

Tribal Warfare
03-08-2010, 10:29 AM
I'd give up our 2b pick and a 6th rounder for

Brady Quinn
Shaun Rogers
D'Qwell Jackson

Negative on Quinn, I didn't like him even when he came up from ND. The guy folds in the clutch

Ralphy Boy
03-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Negative on Quinn, I didn't like him even when he came up from ND. The guy folds in the clutch

But Clausen...

The Franchise
03-08-2010, 10:32 AM

It's not like I'm annointing him the starter when he comes here. Put him in a competition with Croyle and Cassel. All three of those guys for a 2nd round pick is a steal.

It's a pipe dream though.

Tribal Warfare
03-08-2010, 10:34 AM
But Clausen...

that cat on the other hand is the antithesis of Brady Quinn when it comes to pressure situations. An excellent field general, during those moments of need.

Rausch
03-08-2010, 10:34 AM

I don't know what it is but there is something wrong with Quinn.

He just can't put it together...

Nightfyre
03-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Swap firsts for him if crennel likes him. Browns get a qb, we get berry or can trade back further.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
03-08-2010, 10:37 AM
I don't know what it is but there is something wrong with Quinn.

He just can't put it together...

It all went downhill when he said he wanted to play for the Browns.

The guy has the talent.....he just ended up getting stuck in a bad situation. They draft him to be the QBoTF and then Anderson blows up. The Browns give Anderson a new contract and make him the starter. Mangini comes in and can't decide who the fuck he wants to stick with.

Brock
03-08-2010, 10:38 AM
When Quinn went and hid in the green room, it said a lot about his toughness.

OnTheWarpath15
03-08-2010, 10:40 AM
It all went downhill when he said he wanted to play for the Browns.

The guy has the talent.....he just ended up getting stuck in a bad situation. They draft him to be the QBoTF and then Anderson blows up. The Browns give Anderson a new contract and make him the starter. Mangini comes in and can't decide who the fuck he wants to stick with.

Quinn's gotten screwed over by having 3 different OC's in 3 years, and fickle fucking HC's.

I'm not sure the kid has ever played more than 6 games in a row in 3 years.

The Franchise
03-08-2010, 10:42 AM
When Quinn went and hid in the green room, it said a lot about his toughness.

Dude.....IIRC.....the Commisioner told Quinn to go to the Green Room because he felt bad for him.

Bill Lundberg
03-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Quinn = Joey Harrington IMO