PDA

View Full Version : Life Spinoff: What's the worst thing your In-Law(s) have done to you?

wutamess
03-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Too busy right now, I'll tell my story later.
Have at it.

niblet
03-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Gave birth to their daughter.

Just a joke. I'm not married

Frazod
03-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Gave birth to their daughter.

Just a joke. I'm not married

LMAO I imagine there are several people here who will use this answer and mean it.

seclark
03-08-2010, 04:23 PM
can't think of anything that bad w/my inlaws.

one time my father in law swiped the hat off my head and tossed it in the air. then he shot a hole through it w/a .22.

i never gave him any reason to do bad shit to me after that
sec

wutamess
03-08-2010, 04:31 PM
My M-n-Law (her father is deceased (before we met)).

At the time my wife and I were dating (shacking up), my wife was getting on me about how I need to warm up to her and give it a shot to try to be "in" with her.

So taking her advice, I email (we lived in Indiana her mother lived in Georgia)her something about how we should talk more or something of the sort. The next day, this heffa emails me this long email about how she doesn't care for me and I'm just using her daughter for a place to stay and how lazy I am, etc. Mind you, we were both coming out of college and I was living with my parents while looking for a job when her daughter told me to come there and look for a job.

Anyhow... needless to say... I kinda stayed away from mother after that. We're ok now but I'm still really stand offish with her because of some other shit she's done.

OnTheWarpath15
03-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Not a damn thing.

My in-laws are fucking saints. Seriously.

They've always treated me with the utmost respect, and I do the same in turn.

Good peeps.

SAUTO
03-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Not a damn thing.

My in-laws are fucking saints. Seriously.

They've always treated me with the utmost respect, and I do the same in turn.

Good peeps.

this exactly.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-08-2010, 04:40 PM
They created my bitch ass good for nuthin wife.

MOhillbilly
03-08-2010, 04:43 PM
not married yet. but so far dishonesty.

enough for me.:grr:

The Poz
03-08-2010, 04:49 PM
My in-laws treat me like a son and I'm very grateful but you should see the sh!t i get for Xmas, damn! I have to pull it all out from under the stairs when they visit.

kepp
03-08-2010, 04:55 PM
My in-laws are Thai and live in Thailand. When we visit they make me get a spray tan, pull my eyelids back with scotch tape, and hide me in the back closet. I'm kidding, of course. I can't understand the Thai language very good, but I don't *think* they ever talk bad about me.

38yrsfan
03-08-2010, 05:03 PM
My sister-in-law - a real manipulator.

Bugeater
03-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Not even going there.

Mojo Jojo
03-08-2010, 05:27 PM
I went on a diet and lost @80 pounds. I changed the way I eat and act to get there. Well, my mother-in-law wrote me a very nasty letter on how I was changing family traditions because I would or wouldn't eat someting. Keep in mind if I didn't want something...dessert, rolls ect. I just said no thank you, but i guess my mother-in-law saw this as some kind of insult.

rockymtnchief
03-08-2010, 05:51 PM
My poor best friend....He got along great with his future MIL, until he proposed to his girlfriend. Then her mom stopped talking to both of them because someone told her that, "Mexicans beat their women."

He got the cold shoulder for years. He, just recently, told me that she's finally warming up to him again after being married for nine years.

fan4ever
03-08-2010, 06:04 PM
My wife's grandparents were going to fly the whole family to Hawaii to celebrate their 50th anniversary. My inlaws, their children, talked them out of it; because of the impact to the inheritance I assume. I still tell them when I see them they owe my wife and I a trip to Hawaii.

Donger
03-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Called me "The Spawn of Satan" and said that I'd be a horrible father and husband.

Gonzo
03-08-2010, 06:07 PM
My in-laws are awesome, especially dad. He raised 4 kids with a very poor income and they all turned out well.
My mother in law is a card. She's a sweetheart but there was an "incident" on my 21st b-day...

Mom likes to drink a bit, all of us were down in the family room and the clock struck midnight. Next thing I know, I have moms bare DD tits right in my face.
I've yet to recover, perhaps I should make a prayer request thread.
Posted via Mobile Device

Delano
03-08-2010, 06:13 PM
My in-laws are awesome, especially dad. He raised 4 kids with a very poor income and they all turned out well.
My mother in law is a card. She's a sweetheart but there was an "incident" on my 21st b-day...

Mom likes to drink a bit, all of us were down in the family room and the clock struck midnight. Next thing I know, I have moms bare DD tits right in my face.
Posted via Mobile Device

Holy shit.

"That's where baby Lumpy ate!"
Posted via Mobile Device

Donger
03-08-2010, 06:22 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Did the striking clock trigger the release of the boobs, or was it just a random coincidence?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Called me "The Spawn of Satan" and said that I'd be a horrible father and husband.

Why?

Donger
03-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Why?

I got into an argument with my MiL years ago about religion, and she's a hardcore Catholic.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-08-2010, 06:33 PM
I got into an argument with my MiL years ago about religion, and she's a hardcore Catholic.

I empathize. I had to get doused with holy water by a Benedictine at our marriage b/c her mother is a devout Catholic.

JD10367
03-08-2010, 06:34 PM

We need a pic of the M-I-L at the time of the incident, before we can properly judge this. :D

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-08-2010, 06:35 PM
We need a pic of the M-I-L at the time of the incident, before we can properly judge this. :D

Were they built for speed or comfort?

Saulbadguy
03-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Burnt my steak.

Donger
03-08-2010, 06:40 PM
I empathize. I had to get doused with holy water by a Benedictine at our marriage b/c her mother is a devout Catholic.

Heh. Yeah, they didn't try that with me.

The in-laws did say that they wouldn't come to our wedding if we didn't get hitched in a Catholic church, though. The wife was livid and said, "Fine, don't come." I convinced her that we should just do it and have some fun with it. We picked out some great scripture for guests to recite. I forget where they came from, but it was stuff like, "My love is like a young stag, leaping over the hedges" and the like. My side of the family was all stifling laughter and her side was fuming. Good times.

My wife also told my in-laws that although we agreed to have the wedding in the church, we would not be baptizing our kids or agree to raise them Catholic. I still get an earful EVERY holiday over that, even though it wasn't my decision.

Because, I am "The Spawn of Satan!"

LMAO

JD10367
03-08-2010, 06:42 PM
So if you're the Spawn of Satan, we have to ask your wife... how are her in-laws to her? LMAO

"My father-in-law, he's a real pain in the ass. Has horns and a tail, burns souls for eternity... never remembers the kids' birthdays either..."

Frazod
03-08-2010, 06:44 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Hmm.... I fail to see how that's a bad thing. You didn't start sucking or anything, did you? :evil:

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-08-2010, 06:45 PM
My In-Laws are fine towards me. I'll give my MiL this, she's a devout Catholic, but she doesn't impose it on her kids or us, aside from the dumb fucking premarital counseling, replete with "personality" test, we had to take from some nun.

soopamanluva
03-08-2010, 06:47 PM
My MIL husband is my problem. He used to beat the hell out of her mom, Kicked all the kids out of the house. 2 of his 3 daughters were pregnant and he told the youngest one don't be hos like your sisters(she ended up pregnant anyway, My wife is the only one thats married)... I could on an on about this asshole. I virtually have no contact with him because of some other stuff hes done. MY MIL is a sweetheart tho.

JD10367
03-08-2010, 06:49 PM
My MIL husband is my problem. He used to beat the hell out of her mom, Kicked all the kids out of the house. 2 of his 3 daughters were pregnant and he told the youngest one don't be hos like your sister... I could on an on about this asshole. I virtually have no contact with him because of some other stuff hes done. MY MIL is a sweetheart tho.

A shovel and a hole in the woods can take care of that issue...

Donger
03-08-2010, 06:49 PM
So if you're the Spawn of Satan, we have to ask your wife... how are her in-laws to her? LMAO

"My father-in-law, he's a real pain in the ass. Has horns and a tail, burns souls for eternity... never remembers the kids' birthdays either..."

My folks love her to bits and vice versa. They can't understand why she puts up with me, and that's part of her charm.

ClevelandBronco
03-08-2010, 06:50 PM
...We picked out some great scripture for guests to recite. I forget where they came from, but it was stuff like, "My love is like a young stag, leaping over the hedges" and the like...

My lover is like a gazelle or a young stag. Look! There he stands behind our wall, gazing through the windows, peering through the lattice.
Song of Solomon 2:9

Until the day breaks and the shadows flee, turn, my lover, and be like a gazelle or like a young stag on the rugged hills.
Song of Solomon 2:17

Come away, my lover, and be like a gazelle or like a young stag on the spice-laden mountains.
Song of Solomon 8:14

Pretty racy book. Especially when you consider that he probably wasn't actually referring to her "navel" at all.

Frazod
03-08-2010, 06:50 PM
My In-Laws are fine towards me. I'll give my MiL this, she's a devout Catholic, but she doesn't impose it on her kids or us, aside from the dumb fucking premarital counseling, replete with "personality" test, we had to take from some nun.

Mine are, too. I wasn't too happy about getting married in a Catholic church, but I took one for the team that day. It was funny, when it came time for communion, everybody on the wife's side of the aisle got up. On my side, two people got up. Neither I nor any of my five groomsmen took communion. To say it was awkward would be an understatement. :D

Donger
03-08-2010, 06:52 PM
My In-Laws are fine towards me. I'll give my MiL this, she's a devout Catholic, but she doesn't impose it on her kids or us, aside from the dumb ****ing premarital counseling, replete with "personality" test, we had to take from some nun.

Yes, we had to do the counseling. It was the first time my wife ever saw what she calls my "sales mode." It was great. The couple was effusive with their praise.

LMAO

My daughter is actually going to church (different ones each week) with my wife, because she asked to. The MiL was NOT happy when she found out that they're going to non-Catholic churches (although they did go to one a few weeks ago).

Donger
03-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Mine are, too. I wasn't too happy about getting married in a Catholic church, but I took one for the team that day. It was funny, when it came time for communion, everybody on the wife's side of the aisle got up. On my side, two people got up. Neither I nor any of my five groomsmen took communion. To say it was awkward would be an understatement. :D

I memorized The Lord's Prayer just so that my wife would be freaked out. I asked her brother (bad Catholic) who was videotaping the ceremony to zoom in on my wife's face when that part came up. The look on her face was priceless.

Donger
03-08-2010, 06:55 PM
My lover is like a gazelle or a young stag. Look! There he stands behind our wall, gazing through the windows, peering through the lattice.
Song of Solomon 2:9

Until the day breaks and the shadows flee, turn, my lover, and be like a gazelle or like a young stag on the rugged hills.
Song of Solomon 2:17

Come away, my lover, and be like a gazelle or like a young stag on the spice-laden mountains.
Song of Solomon 8:14

Pretty racy book. Especially when you consider that he probably wasn't actually referring to her "navel" at all.

LMAO

Yeah, it was the first one. We were trying not to laugh and my MiL was shooting me death looks.

LMAO

Over-Head
03-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Have at it.
On which side mine or her's #1 or #2?
Either way it's too horrific for print.:shake:

Frazod
03-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Yes, we had to do the counseling. It was the first time my wife ever saw what she calls my "sales mode." It was great. The couple was effusive with their praise.

LMAO

My daughter is actually going to church (different ones each week) with my wife, because she asked to. The MiL was NOT happy when she found out that they're going to non-Catholic churches (although they did go to one a few weeks ago).

I remember when we did the interview, the priest asked me my religion and I told him I was a Southern Baptist. He repeated the words "Southern Baptist" like it was something he'd just scraped off his shoe. Now, God and everybody here knows that I'm not religious at all, but that really pissed me off. It took pretty much all my self-control to just smile instead of repeating "Catholic" back to him in the same way and then kicking him in the face.

crispystl
03-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Mine are pretty cool except when we go to visit them we have to stay at their house (my mom's is too small) and for instance if we stay a week, we get to see my parents maybe 6 hours and spend the rest of the time with hers. Then they act like we spent equal time with both.

KCUnited
03-08-2010, 07:29 PM
In laws just rolled by, back from Mexico and dropped off these:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1923/japonesdelar.jpg (http://img442.imageshack.us/i/japonesdelar.jpg/)

They are Japanese beer nuts with a Mexican spice, shit's like crack. I love my in laws.

Over-Head
03-08-2010, 07:38 PM
My MiL is the bomb!!
Her nick name is "6 Pack" she likes beer
The rest of em' besides one or two I wouldn't give a coons azz for

Gonzo
03-08-2010, 07:45 PM
To answer all of the questions...

Whilst my mil is a wonderful woman, she's like a 5 foot tall aunt Bea type.
She was quite the box 45 years ago, but not my cup of tea at this time.

And yes Donger, the spontaneous bewbage was planned for my b-day, I guess.
Posted via Mobile Device

Delano
03-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Whilst my mil is a wonderful woman, she's like a 5 foot tall aunt Bea type.
She was quite the box 45 years ago, but not my cup of tea at this time.

Heh.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Not even going there.

Ditto.

Donger
03-08-2010, 09:44 PM
And yes Donger, the spontaneous bewbage was planned for my b-day, I guess.

Did your wife know about it in advance?

BIG K
03-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Have at it.

Showed up at my doorstep the day after my wife died to collect things that meant alot to them...........

Gonzo
03-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Did your wife know about it in advance?

Negative
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
03-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Showed up at my doorstep the day after my wife died to collect things that meant alot to them...........

:shake:
Ain't that some shit...
Posted via Mobile Device

Iowanian
03-08-2010, 10:14 PM
I have zero complaints, they're great people.

BIG K
03-08-2010, 10:15 PM
:shake:
Ain't that some shit...
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, in retrospect, I guess everyone grieves at different paces. I just wasn't ready to relinquish 'things' so quickly.....My bad I guess...

Norman Einstein
03-08-2010, 10:25 PM
They died at a far too young of an age.

As others have said, I have/had zero complaints about my in-laws.

Garcia Bronco
03-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Well, in retrospect, I guess everyone grieves at different paces. I just wasn't ready to relinquish 'things' so quickly.....My bad I guess...Nothing wrong with that.

Lumpy
03-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Negative
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL

I believe I hid the liquor from my mom after that incident.

The Franchise
03-09-2010, 11:45 AM
The first time I met my MIL.....she took my wife and I to a condom store.

My wife's Dad can be an ass at times.....but nothing really bad that he's said or done.

patteeu
03-09-2010, 12:03 PM

I tell my daughters that about all of their boyfriends. That's just good parenting.

Frosty
03-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Because, I am "The Spawn of Satan!"

Do they consider your kids "Spawn of the Spawn of Satan"? :shrug:

aside from the dumb ****ing premarital counseling, replete with "personality" test, we had to take from some nun.

We had to do the counseling and personality tests, too, though it wasn't in a Catholic church. The counselor told my wife and I that based on the personality tests, we shouldn't get married. :spock: Well, 21 years later and counting, he's been wrong so far.

The funniest thing to me was the fact that a year after our counseling session, the counselor left his wife and ran off with the church secretary. :)

sd4chiefs
03-09-2010, 12:13 PM
WOW! Where do I start? My MIL is a PETA, Vegetarian nut and my FIL is a WWII Vet that always talks about how his generation was the greatest and everyone else sucks. For 27 years my Wife and I have had to go visit them once or twice and year. It seems that our visit would always end up with my Wife and my MIL getting into some kind of fight over something stupid.

What I really hated about them is thier hoarding. They have not thrown away anything in 45 years and crap is everywhere. It's not a dirty house but it is a big pile of crap. If you want to sit down on a chair or a sofa you have to move something but it is hard to do because there is so much crap piled everywhere. Last month they finally moved to a retirement home (that is another long story that was a total nightmare) and now my Wife and I are the ones that have to get rid of all of thier crap so that we can sell thier house.

Check out thier garage.

Brock
03-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Took my wife's wedding ring off of her body at the funeral. I wasn't sure about the etiquette of that move.

The Franchise
03-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Took my wife's wedding ring off of her body at the funeral. I wasn't sure about the etiquette of that move.

Jesus.
Fucking.
Christ.

Saulbadguy
03-09-2010, 12:16 PM

Did they give it back to you?

kepp
03-09-2010, 12:17 PM

I'm pretty sure these two end the thread :shake:

Brock
03-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Did they give it back to you?

No. To be fair, I guess my plan was just to bury it with her, and at the time I didn't care enough to ask about it. Still, it bugs me a lot when I think about it.

patteeu
03-09-2010, 12:21 PM
I get along fine with my in-laws. The worst thing either of them ever did to me was when my wife's father and step-mother hosted our small wedding reception in their home they bought a bunch of alcohol and hired a bartender and then gave us the bill the next day even though we'd made it clear that we wanted to keep things simple and that we didn't plan on buying alcohol for the get-together. It turned out OK and in retrospect it was probably good to have provided alcohol (even though none of my family really drinks and my wife and I aren't big drinkers), but it really pissed my wife off when they did it. It's a really minor thing in the long run though.

On second thought, my wife's sister and live-in baby-daddy ended up in jail that night for a fight they had after they left the party so maybe alcohol wasn't such a great thing after all.

kepp
03-09-2010, 12:22 PM
No. To be fair, I guess my plan was just to bury it with her, and at the time I didn't care enough to ask about it. Still, it bugs me a lot when I think about it.

Do you know what they did with it? If my inlaws did that and kept it as some sort of keep-sake, I could probably get over it. If they hocked it...no way.

soopamanluva
03-09-2010, 12:26 PM

Are you kidding me???? I would have raised all hell. That isnt theirs to take. I'd get that back. Thats incredible!!!

sedated
03-09-2010, 12:26 PM

wow, seems like of any of her possessions, you would have the first right to do what you wish with that one.

Elwaysux
03-09-2010, 12:27 PM
My father in law is an ex newspaper guy and is about as cynical as they come. The first time I met him when the wife and I started dating in college he was nice enough until he had a few vodka's and then started dropping f bombs left and right. He's 80 now and we still have to give the kid's a warning when grandpa is about to go off because he can still work it into any sentence.

Zman
03-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Have cut my pay over $30,000.00 a year. May I suggest never work for your in-laws.

Brock
03-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Do you know what they did with it? If my inlaws did that and kept it as some sort of keep-sake, I could probably get over it. If they hocked it...no way.

I think they kept it. They had tons of money, so I doubt they sold it. Also, they're gypsies, so who knows what the deal is.

seclark
03-09-2010, 12:33 PM
I think they kept it. They had tons of money, so I doubt they sold it. Also, they're gypsies, so who knows what the deal is.

i take it you haven't kept up w/them too much since?

that just boggles my mind.
sec

Brock
03-09-2010, 12:43 PM
i take it you haven't kept up w/them too much since?

that just boggles my mind.
sec

The kids hear them once in a while. They live in NYC and had 10 kids and about 100 grandkids. I only met them a few times and they are a real clannish bunch of people. I was just that dolt outsider she married.

jidar
03-09-2010, 12:47 PM
My father in law is an ex newspaper guy and is about as cynical as they come. The first time I met him when the wife and I started dating in college he was nice enough until he had a few vodka's and then started dropping f bombs left and right. He's 80 now and we still have to give the kid's a warning when grandpa is about to go off because he can still work it into any sentence.

really?
The problem with your in-laws is that they say fuck? What the fuck is your problem?
Get the fuck over it already.
fuck

Donger
03-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Do they consider your kids "Spawn of the Spawn of Satan"? :shrug:

I don't think that the MiL has ever extrapolated it that far.

Donger
03-09-2010, 12:56 PM

That's just creepy.

wutamess
03-09-2010, 01:14 PM
WOW! Where do I start? My MIL is a PETA, Vegetarian nut and my FIL is a WWII Vet that always talks about how his generation was the greatest and everyone else sucks. For 27 years my Wife and I have had to go visit them once or twice and year. It seems that our visit would always end up with my Wife and my MIL getting into some kind of fight over something stupid.

What I really hated about them is their hoarding. They have not thrown away anything in 45 years and crap is everywhere. It's not a dirty house but it is a big pile of crap. If you want to sit down on a chair or a sofa you have to move something but it is hard to do because there is so much crap piled everywhere. Last month they finally moved to a retirement home (that is another long story that was a total nightmare) and now my Wife and I are the ones that have to get rid of all of thier crap so that we can sell thier house.

Check out thier garage.

DING DING DING!... That's my In-Laws to a T. You must be married to my wifes sister or one of their aunts or something.

Grandparents are the hoarders though (They blame it on Hurricane Andrew). Their spot is exactly like that.
They get mad because I don't sit in the same room as everyone and go out on the porch (in Miami). "There's no where to fuggin SIT!" So I go on the porch where there's no clutter and I get to enjoy the palm trees or whatever. Plus I love to people watch.

It's actually my favorite part of the house.

Frazod
03-09-2010, 01:18 PM

Jesus. That's one of the worst things I've ever heard. :shake:

Demonpenz
03-09-2010, 01:23 PM
I could see taking a ring of their daughters finger if it was like a connection between parents and kids, but taking something that was between Brock and his wife, is at best strange, and at worst, well I will let Frazod think of something descriptive

Frazod
03-09-2010, 01:25 PM
I could see taking a ring of their daughters finger if it was like a connection between parents and kids, but taking something that was between Brock and his wife, is at best strange, and at worst, well I will let Frazod think of something descriptive

Words fail even me on that one. Graverobbing your own dead child? I've got nothing. Fuck.

RaiderH8r
03-09-2010, 01:28 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ckrKamEHc84&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ckrKamEHc84&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

CosmicPal
03-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Well, as of this past November, I am no longer on speaking terms with my brother's wife.

It's a long story, but the fact of the matter is, she is a self-driven, egotistical woman who is all money and social status. She and my brother do very well for they both work hard and play hard. I'd admired her up until November when I told my mother I was coming home for XMAS.

My sister-in-law heard about me going home for XMAS and said that I was expected to pay rent and utilities for the 3 weeks I planned on staying in KC.

Needless to say, I told her to go phuck herself and that I'm visiting my mom for the holidays and that I would pitch in for food and beverages as I always did in the past. But to pay for utilities and give my mother rent was out of the question- I'm visiting my own home, the home I grew up in- not a fucking hotel.

Anyway, that was the last time I've ever heard from her. She called me all sorts of names, said I was the loser in the family, and that I would never amount to much of anything, and pretty much ripped me apart worse than any enemy could do.

This same beetch has had her bouts with my sister and my step-mother as well. The bottom line is that she has no respect for anyone but herself. And as far as I'm concerned, she can go phuck herself. I would never say the things she's said to me and my sister.

She owes me an enormous apology and I will never get that apology. Because of that, I will no longer speak with her. It's sad to see how corrupt a person can become when money gives them an inflated sense of power.

Donger
03-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Well, as of this past November, I am no longer on speaking terms with my brother's wife.

It's a long story, but the fact of the matter is, she is a self-driven, egotistical woman who is all money and social status. She and my brother do very well for they both work hard and play hard. I'd admired her up until November when I told my mother I was coming home for XMAS.

My sister-in-law heard about me going home for XMAS and said that I was expected to pay rent and utilities for the 3 weeks I planned on staying in KC.

Needless to say, I told her to go phuck herself and that I'm visiting my mom for the holidays and that I would pitch in for food and beverages as I always did in the past. But to pay for utilities and give my mother rent was out of the question- I'm visiting my own home, the home I grew up in- not a ****ing hotel.

Anyway, that was the last time I've ever heard from her. She called me all sorts of names, said I was the loser in the family, and that I would never amount to much of anything, and pretty much ripped me apart worse than any enemy could do.

This same beetch has had her bouts with my sister and my step-mother as well. The bottom line is that she has no respect for anyone but herself. And as far as I'm concerned, she can go phuck herself. I would never say the things she's said to me and my sister.

She owes me an enormous apology and I will never get that apology. Because of that, I will no longer speak with her. It's sad to see how corrupt a person can become when money gives them an inflated sense of power.

Yeah, but is she hot?

In all seriousness though, it sounds like you should take it up with your mother. Or is your mother fine with her doing this?

raybec 4
03-09-2010, 01:40 PM

Needless to say, I told her to go phuck herself and that I'm visiting my mom for the holidays and that I would pitch in for food and beverages as I always did in the past. But to pay for utilities and give my mother rent was out of the question- I'm visiting my own home, the home I grew up in- not a ****ing hotel.

Does your brother know she's a cunt?

CosmicPal
03-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Yeah, but is she hot?

She is, indeed.

In all seriousness though, it sounds like you should take it up with your mother. Or is your mother fine with her doing this?

I did. I called my mother before I went home for the holidays and told her what my sister-in-law said, and she said to ignore her and that I was always welcome to come home.

Apparently, my sister-in-law is now handling my mother's finances and leasing out the family lake house and everything. But the fact is, she treated me like an outsider rather than a family member.

The Franchise
03-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Does she look like your avatar?

CosmicPal
03-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Does your brother know she's a ****?

He does. But when you have a hot wife and a big house you don't argue.

CosmicPal
03-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Does she look like your avatar?

In this case, avatar better. :D

Baby Lee
03-09-2010, 02:05 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/07/world/asia/07shoe.html

MOhillbilly
03-09-2010, 02:24 PM
He does. But when you have a hot wife and a big house you don't argue.

Thats right you dont argue. You wait till the time is right and babyoil the tub.
Sorry sec.:)

MichaelH
03-09-2010, 04:02 PM
My in-laws have done several things to my wife and I but two things stand out.

The first is when we got married. My wife and I lived together for about 1 1/2 years before we got married. Her parents never said much about it other than the occasional living in sin jabs. The time came to plan the wedding and my mother in law threw a FREAKING fit because we weren't getting married in her church, a Catholic church. My wife didn't want to get married in it and since I am a Protestant, I was all for not getting married in a Catholic church. About 2 weeks before the wedding and reception, the in laws announce that since we weren't getting married in their church, they weren't going to pay for anything including the reception. Fortunately I had already planned on it and save enough away for everything. I was a volunteer fireman and we had a great reception at the fire hall. That was over 14 years ago and I still get mad about that one.

The second one was when my wife's grandfather died. My wife has two sisters and her parents split up the sale of his house three ways, each girl getting an equal third. We decided to buy it to keep it in the family about a year later after it sat vacant and the two sisters didn't do dick with it. We paid off the sisters their 1/3 share each. We lived there for several years and I did several remodels to it. When we sold it, it was worth more then we bought it. My father in law wanted the other 2 daughters to get their share of the profit. They did nothing, absolutely nothing to earn one red cent. My wife and I fought about it for weeks. She insisted we pay them to keep the peace. I've regretted it ever since.

I no longer trust my in laws and only smile to be nice for my wife and children's sake. Fortuantely we live 12 hours away from them so I only have to see them about twice a year.

patteeu
03-09-2010, 04:06 PM

The first is when we got married. My wife and I lived together for about 1 1/2 years before we got married. Her parents never said much about it other than the occasional living in sin jabs. The time came to plan the wedding and my mother in law threw a FREAKING fit because we weren't getting married in her church, a Catholic church. My wife didn't want to get married in it and since I am a Protestant, I was all for not getting married in a Catholic church. About 2 weeks before the wedding and reception, the in laws announce that since we weren't getting married in their church, they weren't going to pay for anything including the reception. Fortunately I had already planned on it and save enough away for everything. I was a volunteer fireman and we had a great reception at the fire hall. That was over 14 years ago and I still get mad about that one.

The second one was when my wife's grandfather died. My wife has two sisters and her parents split up the sale of his house three ways, each girl getting an equal third. We decided to buy it to keep it in the family about a year later after it sat vacant and the two sisters didn't do dick with it. We paid off the sisters their 1/3 share each. We lived there for several years and I did several remodels to it. When we sold it, it was worth more then we bought it. My father in law wanted the other 2 daughters to get their share of the profit. They did nothing, absolutely nothing to earn one red cent. My wife and I fought about it for weeks. She insisted we pay them to keep the peace. I've regretted it ever since.

I no longer trust my in laws and only smile to be nice for my wife and children's sake. Fortuantely we live 12 hours away from them so I only have to see them about twice a year.

The first one doesn't seem so bad to me, but the second one is pretty messed up.

MichaelH
03-09-2010, 04:08 PM
The first one doesn't seem so bad to me, but the second one is pretty messed up.

The first one is messed up if you knew them. I didn't mind that they wouldn't pay, I was mad that they brought it up 2 weeks before the ceremony. If they had gotten their way, I would have had to convert to that religion and act just like she wants, no way.

wutamess
03-09-2010, 04:36 PM

Hmmm... that's similar to my MnL... To top off the email she sent me... here's what pisses me off and keep me at a distance with her...

Year 2000: gf/fiance and I just graduated from college and we're living in West lafayette, IN while she pursues her grad degree @ Purdue (They paid her to attend).

So we have no bills or whatever, so I'm pissed my gf/fiance is taking out a student loan. FOR WHAT?!? Come to find out... this b!@tch had her daughter take out a student loan so she can catch up on her house payments, etc. (that's the story my wife tells me) and help her sister out.

Now mind you, we've JUST graduated from college and are dirt poor (with child). So you'd think mother would pay back the $8500 loan right? You already know the ending to that story.

Second thing she did was something recently, My wife had a '95 VW Jetta that was paid for. MnL convinces wife to sell it to her brother and his dad and MnL will both pay $600. Think we ever saw any part of that $600?

I'll never trust that woman as long as I live. Wife finally has gotten to see her for what she is. It takes a while to realize it but family will screw you over more than friends.

patteeu
03-09-2010, 05:25 PM
The first one is messed up if you knew them. I didn't mind that they wouldn't pay, I was mad that they brought it up 2 weeks before the ceremony. If they had gotten their way, I would have had to convert to that religion and act just like she wants, no way.

Yeah, not knowing the details, I'm certainly in no position to judge anyone involved. It doesn't surprise me that as Catholics they wanted their daughter to get married in the church and raise her kids Catholic. It's a part of their religion and to do otherwise is a rejection of that religion. I don't blame them for not wanting to pay for what amounts to a non-marriage in the eyes of their Church, but of course some ways of dealing with that are better than others. Based on your reaction, I'd say they didn't find the best way.

I'm sure my parents were disappointed that my wife and I weren't married in a Catholic Church, but they attended and wished us well anyway. Years later, when my wife decided to convert to Catholicism and we started going to church again for her and the kids (I'm not really a believer, but I think it's good for the kids to get started that way), we went through a Catholic marriage ceremony and my parents, especially my mother, were happy about it.