PDA

View Full Version : Football Ryan Lilja available

aturnis
03-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Colts released Lilja. :)

Time for all of you guys who've been crying for years to spearhead the outcry for his signing.

Discuss.

OnTheWarpath15
03-08-2010, 04:48 PM
No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

NO.

The Franchise
03-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Andy Alleman was more important than Lilja?

ChiefMojo
03-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Opps just posted this as well. I see this as nothing more than a salary move by the Colts. Two years ago he re-signed for a 5 year deal worth 20-million.

Ebolapox
03-08-2010, 04:52 PM
why not?

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-08-2010, 04:53 PM
We don't need another punter.

OnTheWarpath15
03-08-2010, 04:56 PM
why not?

First, he's played LG his entire career. So unless you want to cut Waters outright, he doesn't fit.

Two, his play was pretty average last year, especially his run blocking.

His age makes him attractive, but I don't know how he helps us. He'd have to learn an entirely new way of doing things on the right side.

Which means we'll probably sign him.

The Franchise
03-08-2010, 04:57 PM
First, he's played LG his entire career. So unless you want to cut Waters outright, he doesn't fit.

His age makes him attractive, but I don't know how he helps us. He'd have to learn an entirely new way of doing things on the right side.

We could move Waters to center. :D

OnTheWarpath15
03-08-2010, 04:58 PM
We could move Waters to center. :D

FUCK YOU

:D

Ebolapox
03-08-2010, 04:58 PM

sounds about right. besides, isn't left guard being saved for albert?

ROFL

:evil:

sorry, couldn't help myself.

The Franchise
03-08-2010, 04:59 PM
FUCK YOU

ROFL

Why not? Haley said he could play LT. Let's move Waters to LT, Lilja to RG, Niswanger to LG and Albert to C.

OnTheWarpath15
03-08-2010, 04:59 PM
sounds about right. besides, isn't left guard being saved for albert?

ROFL

:evil:

sorry, couldn't help myself.

AND FUCK YOU TOO

OnTheWarpath15
03-08-2010, 05:00 PM
ROFL

Why not? Haley said he could play LT. Let's move Waters to LT, Lilja to RG, Niswanger to LG and Albert to C.

Another fucking peep out of you Mr. Funny Guy, and I give your teams in the CP mock to Hootie.

OOOH.

Nevermind. I'll give them to chiefscafan.

The Franchise
03-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Another fucking peep out of you Mr. Funny Guy, and I give your teams in the CP mock to Hootie.

OOOH.

Nevermind. I'll give them to chiefscafan.

Ohhhhhh....you Motherfucker. :cuss:

The Franchise
03-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Oh....and if you give them to chiefscafan.....have fun listening to him make his picks and say that he got the steal of the draft.....EVERY FUCKING TIME.

raybec 4
03-08-2010, 05:03 PM
ROFL

Then what, make Ofailahan the starting TE?

BigRock
03-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Step one: sign Lilja
Step two: bring back Justin Phinisee to return kicks
Step three: start printing money

raybec 4
03-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Step three: start printing money

ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
03-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Step three: ???
Step four: PROFIT.

FYP.

BigRock
03-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Step three: ???

SIPPIO. Of course.

I'm so ashamed.

mcaj22
03-08-2010, 05:45 PM
This means they must see something in Andy Alleman that we didn't? I swear if the Colts open the season and Alleman is a starter...

chiefzilla1501
03-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Is he even a good pass blocker? I can't help but think that Peyton Manning can make any lineman look like a pro bowler.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2010, 06:32 PM
i'd take lilja at RG

wazu
03-08-2010, 08:34 PM
i'd take lilja at RG

Umm...yeah. Or LG and make Waters move. I really don't care. Sign the man. NOW.

RealSNR
03-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Ryan Lilja can be the next Donnie Edwards

KCDC
03-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Take him to add depth. Let the Colts find out they made a poor decision by the swap for Alleman. They probably thought Andy's versatility at C was a factor. I'd take Lilja any day for not alot of money. Trade Waters for a draft pick, or move one of them to RG.

CrazyPhuD
03-08-2010, 08:42 PM
How tight of a spiral can he throw? Will he be able to beat out castle in camp?

Mr. Flopnuts
03-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Oh....and if you give them to chiefscafan.....have fun listening to him make his picks and say that he got the steal of the draft.....EVERY FUCKING TIME.

ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
03-08-2010, 08:49 PM
FYP.

LMAO

Reaper16
03-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Eh, I like Scanlon's footwork better. He needs to be recalled from the Investment Banking League pronto.

DaneMcCloud
03-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Umm...yeah. Or LG and make Waters move. I really don't care. Sign the man. NOW.

Why?

Colin Brown has far more upside at right guard than Lilja's broke ass and I fully expect him to own that position this upcoming season.

As for left guard, I'll take Darryl Harris, thank you. He should have been starting all year and Waters old broke ass should have been on the bench.

BryanBusby
03-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Oh man, I sure hope the Chiefs sign another guard with bum knees!

Mr. Laz
03-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Oh man, I sure hope the Chiefs sign another guard with bum knees!Lilja started all 19 games for the colts last year.

BryanBusby
03-08-2010, 10:47 PM
and your point is? Mike Goff was the season starter.

The dude had multiple knee surgeries not long ago and has not played at the same level since. There's a reason beyond saving money as to why Polian cut him. Being a starter doesn't change shit.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2010, 11:05 PM
and your point is? Mike Goff was the season starter.

The dude had multiple knee surgeries not long ago and has not played at the same level since. There's a reason beyond saving money as to why Polian cut him. Being a starter doesn't change shit.
so you are actually comparing:

a guard who started for a team that only won 4 games
was on an offense that couldn't get out of it's own way half the time
who had one of the worst offensive lines in the universe
who gave up so many sacks that their QB was considering contacting Lloyd's of london

to

a guard who started for one of the best offenses,protected one of the best QB and who made it to the super bowl

http://www.motleycrow.com/ImageHost/o-rly.jpg

BIG K
03-08-2010, 11:08 PM
Colts released Lilja. :)

Time for all of you guys who've been crying for years to spearhead the outcry for his signing.

Discuss.

Until the Chiefs decide Waters is no longer useful at the LG spot, I see no reason to sign another at the end of their career LG. Use the picks we already have on the roster or pick up some young guys in the draft in later rounds...Lilja would probably have been cool about four years ago..

Mr. Laz
03-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Until the Chiefs decide Waters is no longer useful at the LG spot, I see no reason to sign another at the end of their career LG. Use the picks we already have on the roster or pick up some young guys in the draft in later rounds...Lilja would probably have been cool about four years ago..
waters is about done

if everyone else on our offense didn't suck so bad he would probably already be gone.

DaneMcCloud
03-08-2010, 11:15 PM
waters is about done

if everyone else on our offense didn't suck so bad he would probably already be gone.

Harris at left guard and Brown at right guard will be a HUGE upgrade.

Waters can ride the pine.

wazu
03-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Why?

Colin Brown has far more upside at right guard than Lilja's broke ass and I fully expect him to own that position this upcoming season.

As for left guard, I'll take Darryl Harris, thank you. He should have been starting all year and Waters old broke ass should have been on the bench.

Is this "either/or"? Sign him and let him compete! We have one of the cheapest rosters in the league, we can find room for a "broke ass" Lilja who is 28 and just started all 19 games last season.

DaneMcCloud
03-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Is this "either/or"? Sign him and let him compete! We have one of the cheapest rosters in the league, we can find room for a "broke ass" Lilja who is 28 and just started all 19 games last season.

Dude, he's fucking done.

Why in the world to you think the Colts are letting him walk?

wazu
03-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Dude, he's fucking done.

Why in the world to you think the Colts are letting him walk?

Make him pass a physical. If he's really "done", then fine. If this guy is kicking ass for another team next year and we just assumed that he sucks because Almighty Bill Polian cut him then I'm going to be pissed.

DaneMcCloud
03-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Make him pass a physical. If he's really "done", then fine. If this guy is kicking ass for another team next year and we just assumed that he sucks because Almighty Bill Polian cut him then I'm going to be pissed.

So, you need further proof than Polian letting him go?

wazu
03-08-2010, 11:41 PM
So, you need further proof than Polian letting him go?

Yes. The whole story is Polian wants big run blockers. Maybe that's true, maybe not, but I'd be willing to find out.

DaneMcCloud
03-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Yes. The whole story is Polian wants big run blockers. Maybe that's true, maybe not, but I'd be willing to find out.

Well, I'm not.

Lilja's knees are broke. The Chiefs have Waters (broke) and Darryl Harris. I don't think that signing another broke dick player is going to help the Chiefs win in 2010.

Harris should be the starter in 2010.

Do you really think that Lilja could hold a block for Cassel?

IMO, no way.

Micjones
03-09-2010, 12:12 AM
I'd take Lilja. Absolutely. Solid 28-year old LG.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2010, 12:21 AM
I'd take Lilja. Absolutely. Solid 28-year old LG.

With broke knees that played guard for the guy with the fastest release in the NFL next to Drew Brees.

He'd be on his ass 90% of the time like Niswanger with Cassel as his QB.

Micjones
03-09-2010, 12:26 AM
With broke knees that played guard for the guy with the fastest release in the NFL next to Drew Brees.

He'd be on his ass 90% of the time like Niswanger with Cassel as his QB.

Yes, the guy who made ALL 16 starts just last season.
The very thing that triggered the contract clause and led to his being cut.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Yes, the guy who made ALL 16 starts just last season.
The very thing that triggered the contract clause and led to his being cut.

So?

The Colts have done an excellent job over the years of replacing aging vets who can no longer perform at a high level. The Colts aren't a team that's concerned with payroll so if they felt that Lilja was an integral part of their offense, they'd retain him.

:shake:

I'd take Wade Smith over Lilja in a fucking HEARTBEAT, yet the Chiefs are content with letting him walk.

What does that tell you?

KCrockaholic
03-09-2010, 12:31 AM
Lilja would be a solid upgrade over what we have. We should have never let him go in the first place...

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2010, 12:33 AM
Lilja would be a solid upgrade over what we have. We should have never let him go in the first place...

No, he would not.

Are you telling us that he's better than Brian Waters?

If Brian Waters had been in Indianapolis for the past decade, he'd be a 10 time Pro Bowler.

KCrockaholic
03-09-2010, 12:38 AM
No, he would not.

If Brian Waters had been in Indianapolis for the past decade, he'd be a 10 time Pro Bowler.

He's certainly not any worse than Waters. I'm not saying we should let Waters go, but if we let Wade Smith go, Lilja would be a good replacement at RG if he can learn the position.

Let me re-express my opinion above. He's better than what we have on the interior line with the exception of Waters, and if Smith goes elsewhere.

Micjones
03-09-2010, 12:40 AM
So?

The Colts have done an excellent job over the years of replacing aging vets who can no longer perform at a high level. The Colts aren't a team that's concerned with payroll so if they felt that Lilja was an integral part of their offense, they'd retain him.

I'd take Wade Smith over Lilja in a fucking HEARTBEAT, yet the Chiefs are content with letting him walk.

What does that tell you?

We can agree to disagree.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Nothing.

We can agree to disagree.

Seriously? It tells you NOTHING?

What it SHOULD tell you is that Charlie Weis has been studying film of OTA's, Mini-Camps, Training Camp and the regular season.

What it SHOULD tell you is that either the Chiefs feel they have the right guys in place on the offensive line or that they have a plan in place.

It COULD mean that they're planning to take Okung or Baluga, and move Albert to guard.

But what is doesn't tell us is NOTHING.

TRR
03-09-2010, 07:13 AM
No, he would not.

I would sign Lilja in a heartbeat. God forbid we have some veteran depth on the line just in case your boys Harris and Brown choke...which could be the case.

Bring in Lilja and let him compete at RG, and potentially back up LG.
Posted via Mobile Device

beach tribe
03-09-2010, 08:08 AM
I would sign Lilja in a heartbeat. God forbid we have some veteran depth on the line just in case your boys Harris and Brown choke...which could be the case.

Bring in Lilja and let him compete at RG, and potentially back up LG.
Posted via Mobile Device

Damn Straight.

CoMoChief
03-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Well, I'm not.

Lilja's knees are broke. The Chiefs have Waters (broke) and Darryl Harris. I don't think that signing another broke dick player is going to help the Chiefs win in 2010.

Harris should be the starter in 2010.

Do you really think that Lilja could hold a block for Cassel?

IMO, no way.

He started all games last season for Indy and yes DID block well for Peyton Manning.

I do believe he can be an ok guard here. Esp after we didn't offer tender to Wade Smith, arguably one of the better OL we had at the end of last season.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2010, 10:52 AM
He started all games last season for Indy and yes DID block well for Peyton Manning.

I do believe he can be an ok guard here. Esp after we didn't offer tender to Wade Smith, arguably one of the better OL we had at the end of last season.

I disagree. The Colts let him go for a reason. Asking him to block for Cassel, who takes forever to release the ball after blocking for Manning the past six seasons is a recipe for disaster.

And the release of Wade Smith tells me one of two things: Either Weis has a plan in place or no one in the Chiefs organization knows how to properly evaluate offensive lineman.

The Franchise
03-09-2010, 10:53 AM
And the release of Wade Smith tells me one of two things: Either Weis has a plan in place or no one in the Chiefs organization knows how to properly evaluate offensive lineman.

I'm hoping to God it's because Weis saw some talent in either Harris or Brown.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm hoping to God it's because Weis saw some talent in either Harris or Brown.

If it's not, it's a sign that they're taking a left tackle in the first round and moving Albert to guard.

:Lin:

talastan
03-09-2010, 11:06 AM
What would be the problem with bringing Lilja on board, and dangle Waters as possible trade bait for a fourth or lower round pick? We can still pick up a young guy in the draft and let them, and the other young guys compete with Lilja for starting spots. :shrug:

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2010, 11:22 AM
What would be the problem with bringing Lilja on board, and dangle Waters as possible trade bait for a fourth or lower round pick? We can still pick up a young guy in the draft and let them, and the other young guys compete with Lilja for starting spots. :shrug:

How are you going to get a 4th round pick for a 33 year old guard that's clearly on the decline?

And for those of you that don't know, the requirements for right guard are different than left guard.

Shit isn't interchangeable.

Blick
03-09-2010, 11:43 AM
I don't know how anyone can claim that Colin Brown or Darryl Harris are worth a shit at this point. We don't know dick about those guys as NFL players.

I actually think Brown could have potential as a guard, but I'm not sure about Harris yet.

What we do know is that Lilja is on the right side of 30 and spent a lot of time playing for a team that knows what they're doing. I don't see what's wrong with bringing him in to compete.

dj56dt58
03-09-2010, 11:54 AM

Where do I sign up?

talastan
03-09-2010, 11:55 AM
How are you going to get a 4th round pick for a 33 year old guard that's clearly on the decline?

And for those of you that don't know, the requirements for right guard are different than left guard.

Shit isn't interchangeable.

That is why I said fourth or lower.....And I'm just saying let the guys compete for where they want to be. If you want the job you better learn the requirements for it.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2010, 12:01 PM
I don't know how anyone can claim that Colin Brown or Darryl Harris are worth a shit at this point. We don't know dick about those guys as NFL players.

Who's "we"?

Blick
03-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Who's "we"?

Everyone...those guys have barely seen any action.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Everyone...those guys have barely seen any action.

Then by that token, the Chiefs should just trade all of their draft choices for veterans, right?

Because "we" don't know how rookies will perform, right?

CoMoChief
03-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Where do I sign up?

dumb

Micjones
03-09-2010, 12:16 PM
What it SHOULD tell you is that either the Chiefs feel they have the right guys in place on the offensive line or that they have a plan in place.

That's an assumption. How do we know...now...that they won't draft three interior lineman in the Draft?
A. We don't.

It COULD mean that they're planning to take Okung or Baluga, and move Albert to guard.

But what is doesn't tell us is NOTHING.

This of course proves my point. It doesn't tell us anything specific. Just opens the door to a bunch of speculation. Letting Smith walk doesn't mean to me that Lilja would be of no use to this team. Or that the FO thinks that way.

Blick
03-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Then by that token, the Chiefs should just trade all of their draft choices for veterans, right?

Because "we" don't know how rookies will perform, right?

:spock:

I'm not even sure how to respond to this since that's not anywhere close to what I was saying.

I'm all for building a team through the draft, but do you expect Pioli and company to do a good job doing that?

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2010, 12:38 PM
:spock:

I'm not even sure how to respond to this since that's not anywhere close to what I was saying.

I'm all for building a team through the draft, but do you expect Pioli and company to do a good job doing that?

It is Pioli's job to build this team through the draft.

But based on last year's talent evaluation and draft, I don't expect anything from them.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2010, 12:41 PM
That's an assumption. How do we know...now...that they won't draft three interior lineman in the Draft?
A. We don't.

This of course proves my point. It doesn't tell us anything specific. Just opens the door to a bunch of speculation. Letting Smith walk doesn't mean to me that Lilja would be of no use to this team. Or that the FO thinks that way.

Letting Smith walk, IMO, is just plain dumb. He was the most athletic and most versatile lineman on the team last year, bar none. It's no coincidence that the offensive line play improved drastically once he replaced Goff.

As for Lilja, sorry, I just don't see it. He's broken down and once again, protected for the best QB in the league with the second quickest release in the league. They were for the most part, a passing team and not a running team.

Lilja, despite being broken, isn't a good fit for a zone blocking, run oriented offense.

nychief
03-09-2010, 12:44 PM
smith is more versatile than Lilja... Ideally we'd sign both. Honestly we can't have enough quality versatile olinemen.

Mr. Laz
03-09-2010, 01:08 PM
smith is more versatile than Lilja... Ideally we'd sign both. Honestly we can't have enough quality versatile olinemen.
meh ... versatility is overrated

you need couple quality backups, 1 for the interior and 1 for the OT positions.

Imo what you really need is stud starter specialists. I don't care if our LT can only play LT as long as he's dam good at it. Same goes for the rest of the starting offensive linemen.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2010, 01:19 PM

No, not really.

The Chiefs need five average to excellent starting offensive linemen, a backup left tackle, a backup right tackle and two "swingmen".

Ideally, you've got two vets and two young players as your backup and swingmen.

nychief
03-09-2010, 01:34 PM
No, not really.

The Chiefs need five average to excellent starting offensive linemen, a backup left tackle, a backup right tackle and two "swingmen".

Ideally, you've got two vets and two young players as your backup and swingmen.

granted. I understand what we need.... but we don't have those players at this point.

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2010, 01:52 PM
granted. I understand what we need.... but we don't have those players at this point.

We certainly have backups in Richardson and O'Callaghan and we may have starting guards in Brown and Harris (Harris played all five positions at MSU but his senior season he played next to Oher at left guard). IMO, Albert should most certainly be the starting left tackle.

The Chiefs are currently without a high quality starting center and right tackle, which are their biggest needs along the O-line.

Titty Meat
03-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Frank Boal was talking to Liljas brother he said the Chiefs are one of 4 teams interested in Lilja however, he didn't think he'd sign here because the Chiefs aren't willing to offer alot of money.

CoMoChief
03-09-2010, 01:54 PM
OL Chris Scott played every OL position while at Tennessee and he's one huge mother fucker. Hope he's there in the 5th rd.

nychief
03-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Frank Boal was talking to Liljas brother he said the Chiefs are one of 4 teams interested i Lilja however he didn't think he'd sign here because the Chiefs are willing to offer alot of money.

I wouldn't break the bank either.

CoMoChief
03-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Frank Boal was talking to Liljas brother he said the Chiefs are one of 4 teams interested i Lilja however he didn't think he'd sign here because the Chiefs are willing to offer alot of money.

How does this make any sense? Unless I'm reading this wrong?

Lilja won't come to KC because we're going to offer him a lot of money? :spock:

Titty Meat
03-09-2010, 01:58 PM
How does this make any sense? Unless I'm reading this wrong?

Lilja won't come to KC because we're going to offer him a lot of money? :spock:

Because theres 3 other teams bidding for his services so the price will go up for competeition to get him.

nychief
03-09-2010, 01:59 PM
i think he just dropped a word.... are "not" willing to offer a lot of money.

Titty Meat
03-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Yea sorry this keyboard is awful.