PDA

View Full Version : Life The ten best things about being sick.

Rain Man
03-08-2010, 09:39 PM
1. I sound kind of like that one Statler brother with the droopy eyes and deep voice.

2. I feel that I'm finally reaching my full potential in mucous production.

3. I haven't shaved in five days.

4. Quality time with my cat.

5. It gives me a wistful appreciation of life and the verve that I once had.

6. If it gets really bad and I'm hospitalized, popular Internet cinema indicates that sexy night-shift nurses often get rather kinky.

7. If I make obscene phone calls, people won't recognize my voice.

8. High fever = low heating bills.

9. I'm in preliminary discussions for my own telethon.

10. I've learned to time my coughing to add a new percussion track to Meat Loaf's "Bat Out of Hell" album.

I hate being sick. I don't know why I do it.

Gracie Dean
03-08-2010, 09:41 PM
hubby is doing the same thing

plus the deep chest cold is messing with his athsma Prednisone is on board

Ceej
03-08-2010, 09:42 PM
11) If you're contagious your wife or girlfriend can't kiss you, but they sure can suck your D.

(I could be wrong, but I thought it sounded funny)

KcMizzou
03-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Been dealing with it myself. Missed two days of work last week. I actually feel a lot better, but now my voice is all screwed up.

It always seems to work that way with me, for some reason. I sound the worst when I start getting better.

Kyle DeLexus
03-08-2010, 09:47 PM
I've missed 2 days of work over the last 2 weeks myself.

Rain Man
03-08-2010, 09:56 PM
When I was in my 20s, I used to get honest-to-god laryngitis once every couple of years where I completely lost the ability to talk for a couple of days. We're talking mute, where I could whisper maybe one sentence a day with extreme effort. I always thought it was a madeup thing for TV shows until I got it. I haven't had it in a while, but I always wonder if I'm about to get it again when I have these symptoms.

Anyone else ever get laryngitis where you can't even whisper?

Iowanian
03-08-2010, 09:57 PM
You'll have time to listen to the ballad of Dammit Ray.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R1hTVtUbhWs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R1hTVtUbhWs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Goldmember
03-08-2010, 09:59 PM
When I was in my 20s, I used to get honest-to-god laryngitis once every couple of years where I completely lost the ability to talk for a couple of days. We're talking mute, where I could whisper maybe one sentence a day with extreme effort. I always thought it was a madeup thing for TV shows until I got it. I haven't had it in a while, but I always wonder if I'm about to get it again when I have these symptoms.

Anyone else ever get laryngitis where you can't even whisper?

I've had it so bad I can't even type.

Hope you get well soon....I had some bad shit about two weeks ago....mucus river man and a cough that cracked my ribs

T-post Tom
03-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Go to your nearest bar and ask for a 'Hairy Buffalo'. Drink it and you'll be fine in no time at all.

BIG K
03-08-2010, 10:24 PM
1. I sound kind of like that one Statler brother with the droopy eyes and deep voice.

2. I feel that I'm finally reaching my full potential in mucous production.

3. I haven't shaved in five days.

4. Quality time with my cat.

5. It gives me a wistful appreciation of life and the verve that I once had.

6. If it gets really bad and I'm hospitalized, popular Internet cinema indicates that sexy night-shift nurses often get rather kinky.

7. If I make obscene phone calls, people won't recognize my voice.

8. High fever = low heating bills.

9. I'm in preliminary discussions for my own telethon.

10. I've learned to time my coughing to add a new percussion track to Meat Loaf's "Bat Out of Hell" album.

I hate being sick. I don't know why I do it.

11. Drink a ton of beer, pass out, and no one will no the difference...

rambleonthruthefog
03-08-2010, 11:30 PM
12. Price is Right

googlegoogle
03-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Remember when they use to give you codeine when you were sick.

MoreLemonPledge
03-09-2010, 12:18 AM
12. Price is Right

http://sunshineanddesign.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/james-joyce-this-this-and-this1.jpg

teedubya
03-09-2010, 01:23 AM
13. ????
14. Profit!

Crush
03-09-2010, 07:55 AM
12. Price is Right

The Price is Right is a shell of its former self. Drew is a terrible host.

Rooster
03-09-2010, 08:32 AM
12. Price is Right

ROFL Beat me to it. This was my first thought.

Jilly
03-09-2010, 10:06 AM
15. built in excuse for laziness

patteeu
03-09-2010, 11:26 AM
16. DaFace gets to run wild at work.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LP2xZ2wa_F4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LP2xZ2wa_F4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

gblowfish
03-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Three words for you:
Vicks
Vapo
Rub.