PDA

View Full Version : Walter Football 3/9 4 Round Mock: Hamas Mails Pioli Anthrax Edition

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-09-2010, 03:53 PM
1.5: Bulaga
2.4: Jerry Hughes
2.19: Cam Thomas
3.5: Demaryius Thomas
4.4: Larry Asante

Pick 2.4 is tolerable. 3.5 is risky. All else :facepalm:

Direckshun
03-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Not a Cam Thomas fan?

I agree it's too early for Asante (he's 5th material to me), but you're going to have to reach for any NT you end up with.

The Bad Guy
03-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Everything but the first and last pick looks pretty good to me.

I think it's hilarious how far draft nix will reach for connections.

Bulaga is a finished product. He has no upside, the player you are getting right now is the same player he will be in 5 years.

The Franchise
03-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Everything but the first and last pick looks pretty good to me.

I think it's hilarious how far draft nix will reach for connections.

Bulaga is a finished product. He has no upside, the player you are getting right now is the same player he will be in 5 years.

A RT?

Nightfyre
03-09-2010, 04:03 PM
What the fek...

Okay I hope it goes like this:

Trade 1.5 and 5.4 for 1.7 and 3.7 from the browns.

1.7) Berry
2.4) Hughes
2.18) Damian williams
3.4) Jamar chaney
3.7) Anthony dixon
4.4) Lindval Joseph
Posted via Mobile Device

aturnis
03-09-2010, 04:07 PM
A RT? He is the most ready LT in this draft. He will be a starter throughout his career no question. The only reason any of these other guys are rated higher than him is b/c they have more "potential".

I hate potential. I like known products. Potential means they have as high a potential to bust as they do to succeed. If they succeed though, it could be great, or they could just be average. Fuck that, give me the guy who has no question marks.

I do not want a LT, but if that is where they go, I'd much rather it be Bulaga.

aturnis
03-09-2010, 04:09 PM
What the fek...

1.7) Berry
2.4) Hughes
2.18) Damian williams
3.4) Jamar chaney
3.7) Anthony dixon
4.4) Lindval Joseph
Posted via Mobile Device

Who does Cleveland take?

Nightfyre
03-09-2010, 04:10 PM
I don't know what walters new mock looks like honestly, and wasn't basing this off of their projection.

I figure this is a trade down scenario if clausen falls.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Not a Cam Thomas fan?

I agree it's too early for Asante (he's 5th material to me), but you're going to have to reach for any NT you end up with.

I was actually the first guy to mention Thomas on this board. I'm a huge fan of his, but he's not a 2nd round player. He's decent value at 3a. He's a reach at 2b.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-09-2010, 04:31 PM
What the fek...

1.7) Berry
2.4) Hughes
2.18) Damian williams
3.4) Jamar chaney
3.7) Anthony dixon
4.4) Lindval Joseph
Posted via Mobile Device

Williams, Chaney, and Joseph will probably not be there, sadly.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-09-2010, 04:33 PM
A RT? He is the most ready LT in this draft. He will be a starter throughout his career no question. The only reason any of these other guys are rated higher than him is b/c they have more "potential".

I hate potential. I like known products. Potential means they have as high a potential to bust as they do to succeed. If they succeed though, it could be great, or they could just be average. Fuck that, give me the guy who has no question marks.

I do not want a LT, but if that is where they go, I'd much rather it be Bulaga.

Bulaga is the Tamba Hali of OTs. Drafting Bulaga, who is basically Jeff Backus, is a classic true fan selection.

Nightfyre
03-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Williams, Chaney, and Joseph will probably not be there, sadly.

I'd take chaney at 2.18 if williams wasn't there. Basically bump everyone up a pick. These are the guys I have pegged as being able to help the chiefs future. At 4.4 I'd prolly take whichever of the notre dame olineman weis wanted.
Posted via Mobile Device

Direckshun
03-09-2010, 06:12 PM
I was actually the first guy to mention Thomas on this board. I'm a huge fan of his, but he's not a 2nd round player. He's decent value at 3a. He's a reach at 2b.

If you want any NT this year, you'll have to reach a full round to get them.

Thomas at 2b is what's going to have to happen if Cody's off the board.

Personally, and you'll hate this, but I'm not above trading my 2b and 3a to get ahead of the Chargers in the 1st to get Cody. You absolutely have to have a nose.

Saccopoo
03-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Bulaga is the Tamba Hali of OTs. Drafting Bulaga, who is basically Jeff Backus, is a classic true fan selection.

So, what you are saying is that he's an upgrade. Sounds okay to me.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-09-2010, 06:27 PM
If you want any NT this year, you'll have to reach a full round to get them.

Thomas at 2b is what's going to have to happen if Cody's off the board.

Personally, and you'll hate this, but I'm not above trading my 2b and 3a to get ahead of the Chargers in the 1st to get Cody. You absolutely have to have a nose.

That is dumb as fuck. If you want to reach for someone, reach for a guy in round 3, not round 1.

Linval Joseph, Torrell Troup, or Kade Weston could all be had in rounds 3 or later and offer the same kind of upside. All you really need from an NT in this scheme is an ability to occupy blockers and hold the point of attack, which, as long as the size is there, is not an overly difficult guy to find in this draft.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-09-2010, 06:28 PM
So, what you are saying is that he's an upgrade. Sounds okay to me.

There are plenty of upgrades in this draft. That alone does not make them worth 50 million dollars.

Blick
03-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Cam Thomas concerns me a little. He didn't make many plays and he played next to Marvin Austin. He also looks long for a guy his size and doesn't look very stout in his lower body. I could see him playing too tall and getting blown off the ball a lot at the next level.

Hamas, why do you like him so much?

Nightfyre
03-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Linval Joseph, to me, has an upside of Wilfork three inches taller. Yea.

ChiefsCountry
03-09-2010, 06:39 PM
There are plenty of upgrades in this draft. That alone does not make them worth 50 million dollars.

Don't you know we have to take a mother fucking OT with pick #5.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Cam Thomas concerns me a little. He didn't make many plays and he played next to Marvin Austin. He also looks long for a guy his size and doesn't look very stout in his lower body. I could see him playing too tall and getting blown off the ball a lot at the next level.

Hamas, why do you like him so much?

Ok, here's the deal:

Operative word is "like" but it's also relative. I liked him before the senior bowl when he was considered a 5th-6th rounder. I thought he was worth a 4th.

He is not, in any way, a 2nd rounder.

To me, Joseph, and I've said this before too, offers as much upside as any NT in the draft. He's powerful, and he has the frame to add even more weight. But he's not a 2nd rounder either. I would be fine with either one with our 3rd. But no higher.

Also, what Direckshun fails to mention is that if other teams are reaching for NTs, good players will drop. That alone means we could get an early 2nd rounder at 50 just due to someone losing their mind and/or schematic differences.

FWIW, I was also the first person on here to mention Dan Williams...back when he was considered a 4th rounder.

chop
03-09-2010, 07:11 PM
From everything I have been hearing about Thomas I'm not sure if he makes it to round 3 if his foot checks out. He sounds like a stud WR and I hope the Chiefs get him.

the Talking Can
03-09-2010, 07:50 PM
can't guarantee what thomas will be, but would be thrilled to get him in the third...huge potential...especially if he was preceded by 3 smart defensive picks the first of which being berry

Saccopoo
03-09-2010, 09:31 PM
can't guarantee what thomas will be, but would be thrilled to get him in the third...huge potential...especially if he was preceded by 3 smart defensive picks the first of which being berry

Yeah, because we never draft defense. We should use the first four picks on defense this year.

That side of the ball needs to be addressed sooner rather than later because over the last ten drafts, we've picked 21 defensive players and 9 offensive players with our first three picks.

Keep on picking those defensive players. Maybe more than one of them will pan out eventually at any given time and we can be the 2015 version of the 1985 Bears. Go defense!

Nightfyre
03-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Yeah, because we never draft defense. We should use the first four picks on defense this year.

That side of the ball needs to be addressed sooner rather than later because over the last ten drafts, we've picked 21 defensive players and 9 offensive players with our first three picks.

Keep on picking those defensive players. Maybe more than one of them will pan out eventually at any given time and we can be the 2015 version of the 1985 Bears. Go defense!

I find your stupidity to be disturbing.

the Talking Can
03-09-2010, 10:24 PM

you are off the charts fucking stupid

Saccopoo
03-09-2010, 10:30 PM
you are off the charts ****ing stupid

I know. The smart thing to do would be to concentrate on the defense. Only idiots think that offense wins football games these days. I am an idiot apparently by associative philosophical beliefs. My sincerest apologies to the smart people such as yourself who know that defense wins championships. There's a reason why it's such a popular mantra among Chiefs fans wishing for the salad days of Schottenheimer to be recreated. I can understand that sentiment. It was really the last time this franchise was competitive in terms of the post season. I can see the appeal of drafting defensive player after defensive player in hopes of rekindling the fires of memories past.

Reaper16
03-09-2010, 10:52 PM
I know. The smart thing to do would be to concentrate on the defense. Only idiots think that offense wins football games these days. I am an idiot apparently by associative philosophical beliefs. My sincerest apologies to the smart people such as yourself who know that defense wins championships. There's a reason why it's such a popular mantra among Chiefs fans wishing for the salad days of Schottenheimer to be recreated. I can understand that sentiment. It was really the last time this franchise was competitive in terms of the post season. I can see the appeal of drafting defensive player after defensive player in hopes of rekindling the fires of memories past.
You seem to be equating those Chiefs fans who look back at the Marty era with fondness with the people who disagree with you. While there may be some overlap, posters like Hamas, OTW, Dane, Pestilence, etc would abhor a return to Martyball.

milkman
03-09-2010, 11:11 PM

You really are one dumb son of a bitch.

Last year, most of us were pissed because Pioli shit on the value of the draft and took defensive players, when offense was the strength of the draft.

You go defense in this draft, you dumb mother****er, because that's where the value of this draft lies.

JFC, get a ****ing lobotomy.

It could only serve to raise the level of your intelligence you stuid ****ing bitch.

The Bad Guy
03-09-2010, 11:13 PM
What's hilarious is KCSaccoJohnny talks about how we want the Marty days back when we had a stellar defense. The true comedy is him saying we should take Okung, so we can do what? Re-create the Vermeil days.

At least Marty won playoff games during his tenure with the Chiefs, fuckhead.

God, I can't wait when we don't select an offensive tackle. I'd love to see the look on your face you fucking moron.

Nightfyre
03-09-2010, 11:37 PM
What's hilarious is KCSaccoJohnny talks about how we want the Marty days back when we had a stellar defense. The true comedy is him saying we should take Okung, so we can do what? Re-create the Vermeil days.

At least Marty won playoff games during his tenure with the Chiefs, ****head.

God, I can't wait when we don't select an offensive tackle. I'd love to see the look on your face you ****ing moron.
Not to mention the value Marty put on the O-Line....

Al Bundy
03-10-2010, 09:50 AM
I would hope Hughes wouldn't make it past Tampa in the second round.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-16-2010, 12:00 PM
1: Bulaga
2: Jerry Hughes
2: Cam Thomas
3: Demaryius Thomas
4: Cart McCoy.

Direckshun
03-16-2010, 12:02 PM
I think Bulaga would pretty much just piss off the entire fanbase.

Doing that two years in a row with Top 5 picks? Suicidal.

Brock
03-16-2010, 12:11 PM

Doing that two years in a row with Top 5 picks? Suicidal.

I don't think so. Local radio is awash in cries to "fix the line first".

Saccopoo
03-16-2010, 02:04 PM

Just the Flat Earth Society/One Percenter crowd.

I think most rational fans realized the short comings of the offensive line last year and would be happy to see those inadequacies addressed in the draft.

Reaper16
03-16-2010, 03:47 PM

I think most rational fans realized the short comings of the offensive line last year and would be happy to see those inadequacies addressed in the draft.
I would love to see the team's O-Line inadequacies addressed in the draft.

Fish
03-16-2010, 03:53 PM

I think most rational fans realized the short comings of Cassel last year and would be happy to see those inadequacies addressed in the draft.

FYP.....

Archie Bunker
03-23-2010, 10:11 AM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

5. Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
36. Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas
50. Linval Joseph, NT, East Carolina
68. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
102. Colt McCoy, QB, Texas

DeezNutz
03-23-2010, 10:13 AM
#5 is a joke. #102 is a completely wasted pick.

But #36 would be a steal, and I also like #50 and #68.

spanky 52
03-23-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm not sold on Shaun Smith and Ron Edwards as our NT's. Pioli is going to reach for one I guarantee it. Who's going to be our SS and who plays RG. I still think Lilja is the LG and Waters is shown the door.

CoMoChief
03-23-2010, 11:45 AM
I'm not sold on Shaun Smith and Ron Edwards as our NT's. Pioli is going to reach for one I guarantee it. Who's going to be our SS and who plays RG. I still think Lilja is the LG and Waters is shown the door.

Lilja was a RG wasn't he? Why would they get rid of Waters?

CoMoChief
03-23-2010, 11:54 AM
1. FS - Eric Berry
2. NT - Terrance Cody
2. CB - Donovan Warren
3. WR - Demariyus Thomas
4. OLB - Eric Norwood

Chiefnj2
03-23-2010, 12:03 PM
The latest cbssportsline mock has

1. Berry
2a. Saffold
2b. Gronkowski

doomy3
03-23-2010, 12:05 PM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

5. Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
36. Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas
50. Linval Joseph, NT, East Carolina
68. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
102. Colt McCoy, QB, Texas

Absolutely no chance Thomas lasts until the third. Now, he is rumored to be the #1 receiver on some teams' boards, and could go as high as #10.

Frosty
03-23-2010, 12:38 PM
2b. Gronkowski

Ugh.

spanky 52
03-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Lilja was a RG wasn't he? Why would they get rid of Waters?
Lilja was a LG in Indy.

DeezNutz
03-23-2010, 02:48 PM
I really like Saffold.

spanky 52
03-23-2010, 03:12 PM
I really like Saffold.

I do too but I think we'd have to use the 36th pick for him if he were still on the board.

milkman
03-24-2010, 07:27 AM
Lilja was a RG wasn't he?

Another epic fail, brought to you by the inimitable CoMoChief.

</post>
03-25-2010, 01:31 AM
5/136 Anthony McCoy, TE, USC
5/142 Alterraun Verner, CB, UCLA
5/144 Kurt Coleman, FS, Ohio State

spanky 52
03-25-2010, 06:07 AM
I think if the Chief's got McCoy in the fifth round it would be the steal of the draft. Walter says he'd be a good blocking TE. Not so much but he catches most everything thrown his way.

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 11:15 AM
I'd rather see this.

1. Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
2. Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
2. Linval Joseph, NT, East Carolina
3. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
4. Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida
5. Anthony McCoy, TE, USC
5. LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon
5. Matt Tennant, C, Boston College

CoMoChief
03-25-2010, 11:33 AM
Another epic fail, brought to you by the inimitable CoMoChief.

because I asked a question? :spock:

dumbass

CoMoChief
03-25-2010, 11:34 AM
I'd rather see this.

Tennant and possibly Blount will go before the 5th round. Spikes IMO won't drop to a 4th rd pick.

DeezNutz
03-25-2010, 11:35 AM
I'd rather see this.

That draft would be fucking sick.

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Tennant and possibly Blount will go before the 5th round. Spikes IMO won't drop to a 4th rd pick.

Dude....I was going off of their draft.

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 11:37 AM
That draft would be fucking sick.

I was actually contemplating swapping out Spikes for Lefevour in the 4th round.....just to throw some competition in for Cassel.

DeezNutz
03-25-2010, 11:42 AM
I know he was slow as fuck. Really, really slow.

But Spikes was productive at an elite program, so sometimes I think combine/pro-day results go a long way to devaluing a player.

Titty Meat
03-25-2010, 11:57 AM
I think Spikes could be there in the 4th round. He ran slower than Suh.

</post>
03-25-2010, 01:23 PM
I'd rather see this.

Talk about filling needs through the draft. Walter had Blount and Tennant going so low in the fifth that we'd be able to trade down almost ten spots for each pick and still grab them. You take that draft and get extra picks?! Its almost enough for me to forget about Tyson Jackson... for like a day.

ChiefMojo
03-26-2010, 02:44 PM
1) S Eric Berry (Tennessee)

2a) OLB Jerry Hughes (TCU)

2b) WR Jacoby Ford (Clemson)

3) NT Cam Thomas (UNC)

4) ILB Pat Angerer (Iowa)

5a) G Mike Johnson (Alabama)

5b) TE Clay Harbor (Missouri State)

5c) RB Joique Bell (Wayne State)

milkman
03-27-2010, 08:18 AM
because I asked a question? :spock:

dumbass

No, because you actually had to ask the question.

ChiefsCountry
03-27-2010, 10:35 AM

3) NT Cam Thomas (UNC)

Don't like Ford or Angerer but the rest are solid.

</post>
03-31-2010, 12:27 AM
1. Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
2.Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas
3. Andre Roberts, WR, The Citadel
4. Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
5. Ed Dickson, TE, Oregon
5. Myron Lewis, CB, Vanderbilt
5. Kurt Coleman, FS, Ohio State

Chiefs=Champions
03-31-2010, 12:37 AM
1. Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
2.Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas
3. Andre Roberts, WR, The Citadel
4. Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
5. Ed Dickson, TE, Oregon
5. Myron Lewis, CB, Vanderbilt
5. Kurt Coleman, FS, Ohio State

Oh. My. God.

Nightfyre
03-31-2010, 12:44 AM
He must be a troll.

Chiefs=Champions
03-31-2010, 12:45 AM
He must be a troll.

I dont think iv seen a mock i hate more yet. seriously. im not even a fan of the Sergio Kindle pick....

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-31-2010, 01:00 AM
Looks like the 2009 draft all over again.

Nightfyre
03-31-2010, 01:43 AM
I need to find someone who can give my thread posting privileges back. Who is a mod these days?

El Jefe
03-31-2010, 08:21 AM
You really are one dumb son of a bitch.

Last year, most of us were pissed because Pioli shit on the value of the draft and took defensive players, when offense was the strength of the draft.

You go defense in this draft, you dumb mother****er, because that's where the value of this draft lies.

JFC, get a ****ing lobotomy.

It could only serve to raise the level of your intelligence you stuid ****ing bitch.

Holy crap, that was brutal.

El Jefe
03-31-2010, 08:22 AM
I need to find someone who can give my thread posting privileges back. Who is a mod these days?

Thank you for appyling, I'm sorry to inform you that at this time your request has been denied.

Chiefnj2
03-31-2010, 08:24 AM

3) NT Cam Thomas (UNC)

I would probably change 5b and 5c, but otherwise I'd be happy with that draft.

milkman
03-31-2010, 09:01 AM
Holy crap, that was brutal.

You know, I don't recall seeing him around since.

Maybe he took my advice.

</post>
03-31-2010, 07:54 PM
Oh. My. God.

Just so we're clear, that's Walter's not mine.

</post>
03-31-2010, 07:55 PM
Looks like the 2009 draft all over again.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw it