PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ryan Lilja: Too expensive for Clark Hunt?

T-post Tom
03-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Per 810: Lilja's brother spoke to the station and said that Lilja had interest from four teams, including the Chiefs. However, the Chiefs indicated that they weren't interested in matching what the other teams were offering and it appears that Lilja will probably not come here.

Tim G. was on later and said that he has met Lilja. He said that Lilja is a hometown guy and grew up a Chiefs' fan. Also said that Lilja is a definate starter, a great locker room guy and would love to play here.

Titty Meat
03-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Yea I talked about that in another thread. Thnkfully we won't sign him.

T-post Tom
03-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Yea I talked about that in another thread. Thnkfully we won't sign him.

Sorry, missed that. Probably could have put this in the other Lilja thread, but I thought the part about compensation warranted a fresh thread.

Micjones
03-09-2010, 04:17 PM
He'd be a nice addition.
I'm glad the FO isn't interested in overpaying for him though.

Titty Meat
03-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Sorry, missed that. Probably could have put this in the other Lilja thread, but I thought the part about compensation warranted a fresh thread.

It's ok. People on hre are probably tired hearing me say how Clark is cheap.

T-post Tom
03-09-2010, 04:22 PM
He'd be a nice addition.

I'd agree with this except we don't really know if Lilja's request could be classified as excessive. If the Chiefs were far and away the lowest offer, then maybe they're not in touch with the market place. Additionally, this uncapped year gives the owners a chance to sign FA's to contracts that will be cap friendly in the future.

Hey, this team needs OL help, big time. If Hunt is pinching pennies to further his acquistion of soccer teams (or overly cheap for any reason), Jackson County should get its money back.

That said, I LOVE THE JONES SIGNING! THANK YOU CLARK, SCOTT, ET AL!

ModSocks
03-09-2010, 04:28 PM
I doubt CLARK is pinching pennies.

I think PIOLI IS pinching pennies. I doubt that Clark has any freakin' idea what's going on with the team right now.

dirk digler
03-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Wasn't Lilja going to retire last season then decided to come back?

CoMoChief
03-09-2010, 04:35 PM
He'd be a nice addition.

If other teams are all willing to pay a certain amount and KC isn't, seems like we are low-balling him more than anything. He's a good guard, A LOT bette than anything we have at the moment. Protected one of the best QB's in the game, We should sign this guy.

keg in kc
03-09-2010, 04:36 PM
He's nothing special, they shouldn't overpay.

Micjones
03-09-2010, 04:38 PM
If other teams are all willing to pay a certain amount and KC isn't, seems like we are low-balling him more than anything. He's a good guard, A LOT bette than anything we have at the moment. Protected one of the best QB's in the game, We should sign this guy.

They've shown interest... That's enough for me.
I wouldn't overpay for Lilja. Give him a fair market offer and hope like hell he'd prefer to come back to his hometown over more money elsewhere.

Fish
03-09-2010, 04:41 PM
That ship sailed like 5 years ago. I wouldn't come here if I were him.

Delano
03-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Goff ver.2
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Why in the world would anyone advocate signing a right guard to a large contract?

CoMoChief
03-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Why in the world would anyone advocate signing a right guard to a large contract?

what's considered large, compared to what he's been offered? Do we even know what they other teams are throwing at him?

Do you know of any guard on this team that we currently have now....that's better??

Huffman83
03-09-2010, 04:49 PM
He's nothing special but he's still an upgrade over the last 4 RG's KC has tried. I'm not saying break the bank, but how could anyone have a problem with him?

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2010, 04:52 PM
He's nothing special but he's still an upgrade over the last 4 RG's KC has tried. I'm not saying break the bank, but how could anyone have a problem with him?

How?

His knees are in bad shape. The Colts were a pass first offense with a QB with a super-quick release.

In KC, he'd be asked to pull and be a factor in the run game. Add to the fact that Cassel holds onto the ball for far much longer than Manning, and there's your answer.

Bill Lundberg
03-09-2010, 05:08 PM
This sums it up pretty well

JoshLooney (http://twitter.com/JoshLooney)
cut from the 32nd ranked rush offense. Q1. why? that answer goes a long way @mmalone95 (http://twitter.com/mmalone95): @JoshLooney (http://twitter.com/JoshLooney) Ryan Lilja?? Any word?

Hootie
03-09-2010, 05:11 PM
why would anyone want this guy?

He is a terrible run blocker and was made to look like he was a WAY better pass protector because he blocks for Peyton Manning.

I'm sorry, it's true.

and that line continues to be the worst run blocking line in the NFL...which is why Lilja is gone in the first place.

Dude is done.

SenselessChiefsFan
03-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Lilja could be a good signing at the right price. However, I don't know that he is a 'good' starter. He may make it out of default, but I would rather have a younger guy in there learning how to do it than to have him in there as a stop gap for a couple years.

Hootie
03-09-2010, 05:13 PM
OL is the one position that I think should be addressed 85% of the time by the draft...signing free agent offensive lineman is a blah move if you ask me...

Now receivers...

Any time you can get ANQUAN BOLDIN for the #50 overall...

YOU DO IT.

BossChief
03-09-2010, 05:14 PM
...for the right price type of player.

Hootie
03-09-2010, 05:15 PM
I'd rather just play with what we have...

the right price would be vet minimum

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Lilja could be a good signing at the right price. However, I don't know that he is a 'good' starter. He may make it out of default, but I would rather have a younger guy in there learning how to do it than to have him in there as a stop gap for a couple years.

He wouldn't be a good signing at any price.

Some of you people really need to get a fucking clue.

wazu
03-09-2010, 11:39 PM
This sums it up pretty well

JoshLooney (http://twitter.com/JoshLooney)
cut from the 32nd ranked rush offense. Q1. why? that answer goes a long way @mmalone95 (http://twitter.com/mmalone95): @JoshLooney (http://twitter.com/JoshLooney) Ryan Lilja?? Any word?

Yeah, great Looney. Thanks. I love how "the one that got away" for all those years is suddenly a broken old man at age 28. Supposed knee injuries that don't appear to ever affect playing time can be thrown on the pile as well.

Nevermind, Lilja. Our O-line is good enough. We will not want for a guard at all over the next five years, and have no way of utilizing your services.

T-post Tom
03-10-2010, 12:27 AM
How?

His knees are in bad shape. The Colts were a pass first offense with a QB with a super-quick release.

In KC, he'd be asked to pull and be a factor in the run game. Add to the fact that Cassel holds onto the ball for far much longer than Manning, and there's your answer.

Have to disagree with you on this. While his knees were a concern two years ago after having surgery in 2008, he started all 16 games in 2009 w/o issue.

There's been a philosphy change in Indy and Lilja doesn't fit the new philosphy strictly because of his size. There was a coaching change and feedback from the owner that they needed bigger linemen. Before you dismiss Lilja, remember that he stayed healthy last year, played well and has been to two Super Bowls. Just some food for thought. Here's some details regarding the whole story:

Indianapolis Colts Daily Digest: On the release of Ryan Lilja and the future of the offensive line

The tone of the Indianapolis Colts 2010 offseason didn't change on Monday, exactly. There already had been more than a few hints and signs that things were changing on the offensive line.

But just as certainly, Monday took things out of the hints and signs stage.

What we have now is an obvious, unmistakable offeseason storyline of the full-blown variety.

And a major one, at that.

Ryan Lilja? Gone? Released?

I don't pretend to know everything about what the Colts are doing before they do it, and even being around the team for nearly a decade, there are moves each offseason that come as something of a surprise. Lilja fit that category.

And in fact, he's right up there with the biggest ones in recent memory.

Let's get the off-field, locker-room part of this move out of the way first:

Because off the field, and in the locker room, this move will be felt for a while. Not that the Colts won't move on. They have before, and they will this time. But Lilja certainly is one of the more popular players among his teammates, and one of the more “regular” guys in a locker room of regular guys.

We in the media don't like to root for players. We are, by nature, a cynical objective. But there weren't many in the media who knew Lilja who could honestly tell you they weren't pulling for him last season, when he returned from three knee surgeries that cost him the 2008 season.

One of my favorite Super Bowl week memories from last month is of standing in the interview area of the Colts' hotel. This was Wednesday or Thursday, and I was standing near a podium where Lilja sat. The room was brightly decorated, draped and decked in the obligatory Super Bowl colors. Lilja sat for an hour, talking to the media and recounting his story.

It was remarkable, watching him, to think that just eight or nine months before, he didn't know if he would ever play again.

And that day at the Super Bowl I remember thinking that here was a guy who realized even before the injury that he was one of the fortunate few to get to live the dream. After the injury, once he returned, he seemed to savor every moment even more.

Who knew that day that less than five weeks later, he would be released by the Colts, not in a salary-cap, or cost-cutting move but for a more basic, football-related reason?

It's that football-related reason that makes Monday's move bigger than just a single player release.

The Colts are in the beginnings of a major philosophical shift on the offensive line.

The first hints, in retrospect, came two days after the Super Bowl, when Colts President Bill Polian spoke of the New Orleans Saints' defensive line outplaying that of the Colts in the Super Bowl. The first official step came with the retirement after the season of Senior Offensive Line coach Howard Mudd.

Mudd, the Colts' line coach since 1998, long favored quick, agile linemen, and put a high priority on pass protection and a low priority on brawn and raw run-blocking, road-grater types.

The Colts have yet to officially name Mudd's replacement, although many are assuming longtime offensive line assistant Pete Metzelaars will assume the duties. The Colts also hired former Kansas State Head Coach Ron Prince to assist the line.

There has been no official proclamation to this effect from the team. There has been little official proclamation from the team about anything since the Super Bowl, but Lilja's agent, Craig Domann, vocalized and made at least semi-official what has been become obvious in recent weeks.

Moving forward, size indeed will matter on the Colts' offensive line.

“They said they want to go bigger and apparently are going to get people who fit that philosophy,” Domann told Mike Chappell of the Indianapolis Star.

That Lilja was released in came comes as a bit of a surprise. He long was considered one of the team's best run-blockers, and he provided versatility because he also could play center if necessary. The move also does not seem to have been financially based. In a classy move, the Colts released Lilja after paying him a $1.7 million roster bonus he was due shortly after the new league year. The Colts could have released him without paying the bonus.

The move came after several days of what had to have been difficult decisions for Polian and Head Coach Jim Caldwell. They have released or opted to not re-sign CB Marlin Jackson, DE Raheem Brock and QB Jim Sorgi in recent days. None were core players, necessarily, and all are the types of dispassionate moves that keep a team young and contending, but all had contributed to playoff teams over the last half decade, and all were locker room leaders. All, certainly, will be missed.

Most surprising about Lilja's release is that there is no logical replacement on the roster – at least not logical to the observer. Doubtless, Polian and Caldwell have a plan and a fascinationg story line – and undoubtedly the topic of countless blogposts and comments will be how that plan plays out.

Is recently-signed Andy Alleman an option?

Will Jaimie Thomas, who spent last season on the practice squad after being drafted as a 6-feet-4, 330-pound mold-breaking offensive guard last offseason, play a role?

What of Jamey Richard and Mike Pollak, who played sparingly last year after playing extensive roles the year before as rookies?

Will Charlie Johnson remain at left tackle?

Or in this new approach is Tony Ugoh more of an option?

Those are questions, as is the future of second-year veteran Kyle DeVan and even veteran right tackle Ryan Diem and four-time Pro Bowl C Jeff Saturday.

The latter two have been mainstays on the Colts' line for 11 and nine seasons, respectively. The thought of their roles being different, or reduced seems unlikely, and the idea that Ugoh and Pollak could play key roles does, too – at least it did until Monday.

Now, they may not seem more likely, but they seem at least more possible.

That's because after Monday, after the release of one of the team's more popular players and a mainstay of the way the former philosophy, suddenly nothing seems impossible on the Colts' offensive line. . . .

In case you missed it, some solid analysis by BigBlueShoe at StampedeBlue Monday:

Last week was somewhat transformitave for the Indianapolis Colts. Certain faces that have been key cogs in the winning legacy of this organization were let go, free to sign with other teams. Granted, this was not like last year where we saw organizational stalwarts like (WR) Marvin Harrison leave. However, guys like Raheem Brock and Marlin Jackson are people that were key in getting the Colts over the hump and into the top tier of the league. People like Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, and Dwight Freeney are people you build your franchise around. Guys like Brock and MJax are the mortar that holds it together; play-makers as well as leaders. . . .

To go with the before mentioned Raheem Brock and Marlin Jackson, gone are veterans Freddy Keiaho, Tyjuan Hagler, Tim Jennings, Matt Stover, Hank Baskett, Aaron Francisco, and T.J. Rushing. Of those players, five are former starters at certain points in their careers. In 2007, Keiaho and Hagler were starting backers, Jackson was a starting corner, and Brock started at DT. Rushing was the primary punt and kick returner, and Jennings was the nickel corner.

BigBlueShoe went on to write that the moves have done much to erode the Colts' depth, and that's true. But, really, one of the hallmarks of this franchise for the last decade is the willingness to release depth before it ages and add young, unknown depth through the late rounds of the draft and free agency. There will be new names and the accompanying gnashing of teeth among fans about these names, but last July, no one knew who Jacob Lacey was, either, and shoot, not that many believed in Pierre Garcon, either.

And this from DeShawn Zombie at 18to88.com on the Lilja move:

I confess, this news makes little sense. One thing is for sure, the move isn't strictly about money. If it was, the Colts would not have paid Lilja the roster bonus he was due. In fact, paying Lilja was a classy move. He took a deep pay cut in order to stay with the team last year, and the Colts honored that by giving him money they didn't have to. This was a brilliant move because had the stiffed Lilja, they never could have convinced anyone else to do a similar restructuring. Why would the team cut one of the only two linemen on the club who seemed to have a decent year?

Zombie lists some compelling reasons, then concludes:

Lilja was a productive player, and a valued member of the team. He's not getting cut because someone could do what he did better; he's been released because he can't do what the Colts want to do next year. What that is exactly remains to be seen. There's another shoe to drop here, and it is going to play left tackle.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-4450-Indianapolis-Colts-Examiner~y2010m3d9-Indianapolis-Colts-Daily-Digest-On-the-release-of-Ryan-Lilja-and-the-future-of-the-offensive-line

T-post Tom
03-10-2010, 12:31 AM
Yeah, great Looney. Thanks. I love how "the one that got away" for all those years is suddenly a broken old man at age 28. Supposed knee injuries that don't appear to ever affect playing time can be thrown on the pile as well.

Nevermind, Lilja. Our O-line is good enough. We will not want for a guard at all over the next five years, and have no way of utilizing your services.

nice

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2010, 12:33 AM
Pretty classy for them to cut the check. But the article was correct in that no one would've ever done it for them again if they hadn't.

pr_capone
03-10-2010, 12:45 AM
It's ok. People on hre are probably tired hearing me

FYP

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2010, 12:47 AM
All I can say is that there are more than a few fucking retarded Chiefs fans.

Not naming names.

Hammock Parties
03-10-2010, 12:49 AM
You know if Carl was still here he would have signed Lilja in about 30 seconds.

T-post Tom
03-10-2010, 12:52 AM
All I can say is that there are more than a few ****ing retarded Chiefs fans.

Not naming names.

Why's that? Because those nameless fans think Lilja has something left in the tank and could be a good lineman for the Chiefs?

Cosmos
03-10-2010, 12:54 AM
All I can say is that there are more than a few ****ing retarded Chiefs fans.

Not naming names.

And even fewer douchebags, not naming names.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Why's that? Because those nameless fans think Lilja has something left in the tank and could be a good lineman for the Chiefs?

Because just like last year, and every year before, there are more than a handful of members that don't perform ANY due diligence.

They see a name they're familiar with and say "Oooooooooh! We need to sign HIM".

They don't know his history, his injuries, his assets, his liabilities or his age.

It's just like fucking Horseshack: "Oooh, Oooh, OOOH!".

T-post Tom
03-10-2010, 01:04 AM
Because just like last year, and every year before, there are more than a handful of members that don't perform ANY due diligence.

They see a name they're familiar with and say "Oooooooooh! We need to sign HIM".

They don't know his history, his injuries, his assets, his liabilities or his age.

It's just like ****ing Horseshack: "Oooh, Oooh, OOOH!".

Okay, but I think my previous post with the article on Lilja supports my contention that Lilja would be viable for the Chiefs. That said, maybe Pioli & company have a better plan sans Lilja. What that is, I have no idea. But considering the dearth of talent currently on the line, I think Lilja warrants serious consideration.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2010, 01:06 AM
Okay, but I think my previous post with the article on Lilja supports my contention that Lilja would be viable for the Chiefs. That said, maybe Pioli & company have a better plan sans Lilja. What that is, I have no idea. But considering the dearth of talent currently on the line, I think Lilja warrants serious consideration.

Why?????????????

WHY????????????????????

He's broke. He played right guard for the 32ND RUSHING TEAM.

He blocked for maybe the best passing QB in the past 30 years, with the quickest release of maybe all time.

WHAT in the world makes you think he's a good fit in KC?????????????

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

ClevelandBronco
03-10-2010, 01:20 AM
This may be slightly off topic, but what's the contraction of Clark Hunt, and will it get past the obscenity filter?

ClevelandBronco
03-10-2010, 01:21 AM
WHAT in the world makes you think he's a good fit in KC?????????????

Ooooooo. Wrong question, man.

T-post Tom
03-10-2010, 01:47 AM
Why????????????? WHY????????????????????He's broke. He played right guard for the 32ND RUSHING TEAM. He blocked for maybe the best passing QB in the past 30 years, with the quickest release of maybe all time.
WHAT in the world makes you think he's a good fit in KC????????????? WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

The Colts are a passing team. To the point of being unbalanced as they had the 2nd fewest rushing ATTEMPTS in the entire NFL. They had 366 attempts compared to the league leading Jets that had 607 attempts. That's quite a difference. (Yet the Colts were ranked 12th in rushing touchdowns.) It's obvious that the Colts' coaching staff allow Manning to drive their offense. Had the Colts focused on running, they would have gaudier rushing stats.

While I appreciate your passion, Lilja started sixteen games last year and did a good job. So I don't think you can call him broken. And from what I've read and heard, the consensus from the Indy sports media is that Lilja is a good run and pass blocker with gas still in the tank.

Also, Tim Grunhard was on one of the sportstalk radio stations yesterday and was singing the praises of Lilja. No offense to you, but I'll take Grunny's opinion on this issue over yours or anyone else's that hasn't played o-line in the NFL.

So we can agree to disagree. Maybe someone will bring this up after this coming season and we'll see which one of us was right on Lilja. My bet is that Lilja plays 16 games and does just fine.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2010, 01:50 AM
Ooooooo. Wrong question, man.

LMAO

Good to see you around, Brotha.

BossChief
03-10-2010, 01:56 AM
I think Lilja could give us solid play at a couple positions and also give us something we value and lack..versatility.

He is a better version of Wade Smith imho.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2010, 01:58 AM
Also, Tim Grunhard was on one of the sportstalk radio stations yesterday and was singing the praises of Lilja. No offense to you, but I'll take Grunny's opinion on this issue over yours or anyone else's that hasn't played o-line in the NFL.

So we can agree to disagree. Maybe someone will bring this up after this coming season and we'll see which one of us was right on Lilja. My bet is that Lilja plays 16 games and does just fine.

Grunhard thought that Svitek was going to be a Pro Bowler.

Grunhard is a fucking retard.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2010, 02:00 AM
I think Lilja could give us solid play at a couple positions and also give us something we value and lack..versatility.

He is a better version of Wade Smith imho.

Based on what?

When has he EVER lined up at Center in the NFL?

When has he EVER lined up at left tackle?

When has he EVER lined up at right guard?

When has he EVER lined up at right tackle?

When has he EVER lined up at left guard?

T-post Tom
03-10-2010, 02:04 AM
Grunhard thought that Svitek was going to be a Pro Bowler Grunhard is a ****ing retard.

Oh no he didn't. He was very cautious about Stivek from the beginning. Grunny coached him in NFL Europe. I very clearly remember Grunny saying that while Svitek was a stud in NFL Europe, he'd wasn't going to be an elite player in the NFL.

Now you might be thinking of someone from a prior Chiefs' coaching staff. Because they did talk Stivek up early on. But I doubt anyone mentioned "Pro Bowler". Grunny is a retard? Wow, you're sinking fast here.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2010, 02:07 AM
Oh no he didn't. He was very cautious about Stivek from the beginning. Grunny coached him in NFL Europe. I very clearly remember Grunny saying that while Svitek was a stud in NFL Europe, he'd wasn't going to be an elite player in the NFL.

Now you might be thinking of someone from a prior Chiefs' coaching staff. Because they did talk Stivek up early on.

No, Grunhard was on the radio pimping Svitek as a Pro Bowler.

He "coached" him in NFL Europe and was clearly his champion.

Are you new? Do a search.

Titty Meat
03-10-2010, 02:07 AM
Grunny is a dumbass. He said Weis coached Cassel in New England.

Hammock Parties
03-10-2010, 02:08 AM
Grunhard thought that Svitek was going to be a Pro Bowler.

Grunhard is a fucking retard.

I agree with this.

I caught him reading WPI verbatim on the air more than once.

He's the biggest radio hack in town...

T-post Tom
03-10-2010, 02:09 AM
No, Grunhard was on the radio pimping Svitek as a Pro Bowler.

He "coached" him in NFL Europe and was clearly his champion.

Are you new? Do a search.

Show me where.

T-post Tom
03-10-2010, 02:10 AM
I agree with this.

I caught him reading WPI verbatim on the air more than once.

He's the biggest radio hack in town...

I don't believe that for a second. That said, knowing football and knowing how to be a broadcaster are two very different things. I could see where reading WPI on the air would make you a radio hack. Or just reading WPI in general would make you a hack of sorts. :)

Titty Meat
03-10-2010, 02:11 AM
A broadcaster? He has a radio show and is paid to give his take.

T-post Tom
03-10-2010, 02:14 AM
A broadcaster? He has a radio show and is paid to give his take.

So any 22 guys off the street could do it?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/broadcaster

Titty Meat
03-10-2010, 02:17 AM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/broadcaster

He's paid to give his take dumbass.

Hammock Parties
03-10-2010, 02:17 AM
I don't believe that for a second. That said, knowing football and knowing how to be a broadcaster are two very different things. I could see where reading WPI on the air would make you a radio hack. Or just reading WPI in general would make you a hack of sorts. :)

Whatever. :rolleyes:

I tuned in to his radio show multiple times and he was reading articles off our website. I admit, they made for good talking points....but for him to do that and not even give credit was absolute garbage and spoke volumes about what kind of "professional" he is. So I'm not surprised he got dumped.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2010, 02:18 AM
Show me where.

Oh, JFC.

This had been discussed ad nauseam.

Find it for yourself.

T-post Tom
03-10-2010, 02:19 AM
He's paid to give his take dumbass.

That and then some. There's a little more to it than that. And a merry dumbass to you as well.

KCDC
03-10-2010, 02:20 AM
Look, the guy can add depth at a position of need. Yes, we draft a guard this year, but we need depth at RG. Lilja is 28, not 32. The Colts were paying him top money before. I'm not advocating paying him the same; but, if he'll take a pay cut, let's do it. He can always be cut prior to the season opener if he can't fit the scheme.

It is not enough to condemn him solely on the fact that the Colts run stats were abysmal last year. There are five guys and tight ends that contribute to that statistic.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2010, 02:21 AM
That and then some. There's a little more to it than that.

Do you know Tim? Have you partied with him? Hung out?

Well, while he's a good dude, he's getting paid to start shit on the radio.

Don't take what he's got to say seriously.

T-post Tom
03-10-2010, 02:21 AM
Oh, JFC.

This had been discussed ad nauseam.

Find it for yourself.

Whatever, I think I've supported my argument. But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your opion there... Like I said, we'll see how Lilja does at season's end.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2010, 02:22 AM
Look, the guy can add depth at a position of need. Yes, we draft a guard this year, but we need depth at RG. Lilja is 28, not 32. The Colts were paying him top money before. I'm not advocating paying him the same; but, if he'll take a pay cut, let's do it. He can always be cut prior to the season opener if he can't fit the scheme.

It is not enough to condemn him solely on the fact that the Colts run stats were abysmal last year. There are five guys and tight ends that contribute to that statistic. We were 11th in rushing. Does that mean we have a great line, and every one on it? Obviously not.

Drafting guards is stupid, unless they're out of this fucking world, amazing, awesome, 13 year players.

Guards are the lowest dudes on the food chain.

STOP it.

T-post Tom
03-10-2010, 02:23 AM
Do you know Tim? Have you partied with him? Hung out?

Well, while he's a good dude, he's getting paid to start shit on the radio.

Don't take what he's got to say seriously.

Yes, I have met him and talked to him about the Chiefs. And it's foolish to reduce his airtime to nothing more than "starting shit." You're just flat out wrong on that too.

Hammock Parties
03-10-2010, 02:25 AM
Yes, I have met him and talked to him about the Chiefs. And it's foolish to reduce his airtime to nothing more than "starting shit." You're just flat out wrong on that too.

HE HAS NO AIRTIME

BECAUSE HE SUCKS AT RADIO

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2010, 02:25 AM

No, I'm not.

Svitek.

SVITEK.

Grunhard is nothing more than a fucking BLOWHARD.

Live it.

Learn it.

Know it.

T-post Tom
03-10-2010, 02:27 AM

It is not enough to condemn him solely on the fact that the Colts run stats were abysmal last year. There are five guys and tight ends that contribute to that statistic.

Common sense and reason? JFC. :facepalm:

Smed1065
03-10-2010, 02:27 AM
why would anyone want this guy?

He is a terrible run blocker and was made to look like he was a WAY better pass protector because he blocks for Peyton Manning.

I'm sorry, it's true.

and that line continues to be the worst run blocking line in the NFL...which is why Lilja is gone in the first place.

Dude is done.

Cause Peyton lost in SB?
:doh!:

T-post Tom
03-10-2010, 02:30 AM
No, I'm not.Svitek.SVITEK.Grunhard is nothing more than a ****ing BLOWHARD.Live it.Learn it.Know it.

Like I said, Grunny never said Svitek was a potential Pro Bowler. Or to put it in terms that you'll understand: JFC

:facepalm:

I know you hate being wrong about anything, but don't just make shit up to support your rants.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2010, 02:31 AM
Cause Peyton lost in SB?
:doh!:

Peyton lost the Super Bowl because of Lilja?

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2010, 02:32 AM
Like I said, Grunny never said Svitek was a potential Pro Bowler. Or to put it in terms that you'll understand: JFC :facepalm: I know you hate being wrong about anything, but don't just make shit up to support your rants.

JFC, you're a fucking dumbass.

He DID say that Svitek WAS a future Pro Bowler, the year that he coached him over in NFL Europe.

Do you REMEMBER Grunhard coaching in NFL Europe? You know, before he went to Bishop Meige?

:shake:

You're seriously pissing me off with your BULLSHIT.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2010, 02:33 AM
I know you hate being wrong about anything, but don't just make shit up to support your rants.

Change your fucking tampon.

I think that toxic shock syndrome is setting in.

Titty Meat
03-10-2010, 02:34 AM
Tom is a Grunhard ballwasher.

BossChief
03-10-2010, 02:35 AM
Based on what?

When has he EVER lined up at Center in the NFL?

When has he EVER lined up at left tackle?

When has he EVER lined up at right guard?

When has he EVER lined up at right tackle?

When has he EVER lined up at left guard?

Were you frothing at the mouth when you typed this?

Get a grip man.

The guy is 28 and has been a part of a championship caliber system with great coaching.

He was born in KC. He went to Kansas St. One of the best systems in the NFL gave him a 5 year 20 million dollar deal in 2008 because they know he is solid and versatile.

He started every game at LG for Indy last year after returning from a year off due to injury.

I guess it all depends on how much they feel Waters has left...

T-post Tom
03-10-2010, 02:35 AM
JFC, you're a ****ing dumbass.

He DID say that Svitek WAS a future Pro Bowler, the year that he coached him over in NFL Europe.

Do you REMEMBER Grunhard coaching in NFL Europe? You know, before he went to Bishop Meige?

:shake:

You're seriously pissing me off with your BULLSHIT.

He never said that you fucking liar. You can't handle the truth.

T-post Tom
03-10-2010, 02:36 AM

And you're a fucking moron.

BossChief
03-10-2010, 02:40 AM

Ill give you 5k cc to take Brown out of your sig.

I would like nothing more than to never see him again.

(except for some old replays of those couple games he won at the last second a few years back for chicago, those were cool)

Titty Meat
03-10-2010, 02:40 AM
And you're a ****ing moron.

Shove a tampon with Grunhards seamen up your ass cock boy.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2010, 02:42 AM
He never said that you fucking liar. You can't handle the truth.

You're a fucking dumbass

LMAO

Although I'm not surprised, given the quality of your football posts.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2010, 02:43 AM
Were you frothing at the mouth when you typed this?

Get a grip man.

The guy is 28 and has been a part of a championship caliber system with great coaching.

He was born in KC. He went to Kansas St. One of the best systems in the NFL gave him a 5 year 20 million dollar deal in 2008 because they know he is solid and versatile.

He started every game at LG for Indy last year after returning from a year off due to injury.

I guess it all depends on how much they feel Waters has left...

Try to keep up, okay?

Titty Meat
03-10-2010, 02:45 AM
Ill give you 5k cc to take Brown out of your sig.

I would like nothing more than to never see him again.

(except for some old replays of those couple games he won at the last second a few years back for chicago, those were cool)

Just for you big boy.

T-post Tom
03-10-2010, 02:48 AM
Shove a tampon with Grunhards seamen up your ass cock boy.

wow, how clever. you'll have to show me how that's done as i'm sure you have plenty of experience.

BossChief
03-10-2010, 02:52 AM
Just for you big boy.

thanks, I even threw ya a little rep :thumb:

T-post Tom
03-10-2010, 02:56 AM
Although I'm not surprised, given the quality of your football posts.

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha. You are the one that has no idea what you're talking about. Just like Willie Roaf, Jamaal Charles and all your other football gaffs. But that's okay gasbag; I'm rooting for you to wake up out of your stupor and see the light someday. There's still hope for you. Don't give up.

BossChief
03-10-2010, 03:07 AM
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha. You are the one that has no idea what you're talking about. Just like Willie Roaf, Jamaal Charles and all your other football gaffs. But that's okay gasbag; I'm rooting for you to wake up out of your stupor and see the light someday. There's still hope for you. Don't give up.

this post is kinda funny.

You wanted to take a shot at Dane so bad that you reached as far back as Roaf to try and do so?

thats weak sauce if I ever saw it.

...but I am intrigued, what did he say about Roaf that warranted this response?

Coach
03-10-2010, 05:48 AM
Here's a question though. Other than his durability, is it possible that would he be a better upgrade in the center position than Rudy?

chiefzilla1501
03-10-2010, 06:19 AM
I'm all for overpaying for good linemen.

But I'm just not convinced Lilja is as good as we think he is. Take him out of Indy, and is he any good? I don't think he would be. That system is driven by a smart QB and he stays on his feet because nobody can blitz him--he'll exploit the hell out of you if you do.

Mojo Jojo
03-10-2010, 06:38 AM
I doubt CLARK is pinching pennies.

I think PIOLI IS pinching pennies. I doubt that Clark has any freakin' idea what's going on with the team right now.

Wrong. Clark is a bottomline guy. He will be cheap and save all he can.

beach tribe
03-10-2010, 06:46 AM
what's considered large, compared to what he's been offered? Do we even know what they other teams are throwing at him?

Do you know of any guard on this team that we currently have now....that's better??

There are teams always willing to overpay. I'm glad we are not one of them. Not until we build an actual team anyway.

beach tribe
03-10-2010, 06:47 AM
Wrong. Clark is a bottomline guy. He will be cheap and save all he can.

Yeah, cause you know him.
They are going to build through the draft, not by signing Guards to large contracts.

milkman
03-10-2010, 06:52 AM
Ryan Lilja isn't quite as bad Dane makes him out to be, but there will be better options to pick from in the mid rounds of the draft.

The fact is, Lilja is a better run blocker than given credit for, and he would not be a bad signing to provide depth.

I still believe that the release of Goff and Allenman, and the lack of urgency to bring Wade Smith back is a pretty fair indication that they believe that Colin Brown is ready to take his place on the line at RG, and Daryl Harris has a place on this line, as well.

beach tribe
03-10-2010, 06:56 AM
Ryan Lilja isn't quite as bad Dane makes him out to be, but there will be better options to pick from in the mid rounds of the draft.

The fact is, Lilja is a better run blocker than given credit for, and he would not be a bad signing to provide depth.

I still believe that the release of Goff and Allenman, and the lack of urgency to bring Wade Smith back is a pretty fair indication that they believe that Colin Brown is ready to take his place on the line at RG, and Daryl Harris has a place on this line, as well.

I think Lilja still has a few quality years in him.
But I never thought we would sign him in this market. I was hoping we would, but did not want them to throw a lot of money at a G. at this stage.

Coach
03-10-2010, 07:01 AM

But you can never have too many depth in the O-line position. I just hope that the Chiefs don't blow their 5th pick on a offensive lineman, especially in Okung and Bryan Bulaga.

milkman
03-10-2010, 07:25 AM
But you can never have too many depth in the O-line position. I just hope that the Chiefs don't blow their 5th pick on a offensive lineman, especially in Okung and Bryan Bulaga.

I'm hoping we pick up a center (Tennant, Olsen, Estes) and a RT (Jason Fox, Jared Veldeheer, Selvish Capers) in the mid rounds (3rd, 4th, 5th).

As you may know, I'm pretty high on Fox, because he's has the athletic ability to play LT, and he has the size and frame (6' 7", 305) to add 15 pounds or so to become more of a physical run blocker without affecting that athletic ability.

He could come in and start at RT, and should Albert not continue to improve, he could slide over and give us a solid starter to build with there.

milkman
03-10-2010, 07:26 AM
With those picks and Colin Brown at RG, who I thought showed some real potential in the preseason last year, I think our line will be greatly upgraded.

Rausch
03-10-2010, 07:29 AM
I'm all for overpaying for good linemen.

Ditto.

But I'm just not convinced Lilja is as good as we think he is.

Ditto.

Last year would have been the year to make a move on the OL...

Hootie
03-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Ryan Lilja would excite me less than Goff excited me last year and Goff didn't excite me at all...

I watch the Colts a lot...

Lilja is garbage...and has always been overrated on this board because he was once on our practice squad.

Mr. Laz
03-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Dane is a worthless prick who who wouldn't know a football if it was shoved up his hollywood homo arse. Honestly i don't see how anyone around here can stand to hear the constant bullshit he spews constantly.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2010, 10:57 AM
Dane is a worthless prick who who wouldn't know a football if it was shoved up his hollywood homo arse. Honestly i don't see how anyone around here can stand to hear the constant bullshit he spews constantly.

Fuck you.

Go get us girlie pics and shut the fuck up.

Oh and BTW, is your ONLY retort to call people Homosexuals?

JFC.

You're a fucking loser.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2010, 10:57 AM

Willie Roaf? Jamaal Charles? What the fuck are you talking about, Asswipe?

King_Chief_Fan
03-10-2010, 10:59 AM
**** you.

Go get us girlie pics and shut the **** up.

ROFLROFLROFL you girls are cracking me up

beach tribe
03-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Willie Roaf? Jamaal Charles? What the **** are you talking about, Asswipe?

I think you fight with everyone here save 5-10 people.

The common denominator in 9 out of 10 CP shit throwing battles is You.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2010, 11:30 AM
I think you fight with everyone here save 5-10 people.

The common denominator in 9 out of 10 CP shit throwing battles is You.

Shut the fuck. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2010, 11:32 AM
LMAO We're not going to have another vagina monologue are we? Dane's been around since the very beginning. If you can't handle the way he is, don't talk to him.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2010, 11:32 AM
BTW, Dane. Ryan Lilja will be a pro bowler in KC. :D

I keed, I keed.

milkman
03-10-2010, 11:39 AM
LMAO We're not going to have another vagina monologue are we? Dane's been around since the very beginning. If you can't handle the way he is, don't talk to him.

Shut the fuck up. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Shut the fuck up. You have no idea what you're talking about.

You know what pisses me off about you? You're one of the few people here that I can never ever think of some kick ass insult to sling your way.

milkman
03-10-2010, 11:46 AM
You know what pisses me off about you? You're one of the few people here that I can never ever think of some kick ass insult to sling your way.

You just remember that belt on the table.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-10-2010, 11:48 AM
You just remember that belt on the table.

Fuckin A! I feel like I ruined a pretty damn good thread.

Mental note: Next time you're entertained, keep your fuckin mouth shut.