PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Clausen Scouting Report

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-09-2010, 06:32 PM
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" align="right">Height: 6-2⅝ | Weight: 222 | 40-Time: 4.75 </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" align="Center"> http://www.draftcountdown.com/headshots/qb/jimmyclausen.jpg
Official Bio (http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/clausen_jimmy00.html)

http://www.draftcountdown.com/images/stars/four.gif </td> <td valign="top"> Strengths:
Good height and bulk --- Arm strength is more than adequate and can make all of the necessary throws --- Great throwing mechanics with a quick delivery --- Super accurate passer with terrific touch, timing and anticipation --- Very smart with an excellent football IQ --- Knows how to operate under center, recognize blitzes, read coverages and go through progressions --- Takes care of the ball --- Able to buy time in the pocket with his feet --- Can throw on the run --- Tough and will play through pain and injuries --- Is confident with a fiery field presence and ice water in his veins --- Hard worker --- Media savvy and has proven that he can handle the spotlight --- Experienced --- Superb bloodlines.

Weaknesses:
Borderline cocky and entitled with a personality that rubs some people the wrong way --- Not a great athlete --- Can be overly cautious and too quick to check down, throw the ball away or take a sack --- Has to windup to really zip the ball --- Floats the deep ball at times --- Might not have a ton of upside --- Is still maturing --- Durability is a concern.

Notes:
Was a three-year starter for the Fighting Irish --- Brothers Casey and Rick both played quarterback at Tennessee --- Started getting national media attention in middle school and was labeled the "LeBron James of College Football" --- Was a celebrated recruit who won just about every prep award and honor imaginable --- Began working with highly-regarded quarterback guru Steve Clarkson in the 8th grade then spent three seasons under the tutelage of offensive mastermind Charlie Weis in college --- Underwent surgery to repair a minor injury to the elbow on his throwing arm in 2007 --- Played through a painful toe injury in 2009 that eventually required surgery to repair a couple of torn ligaments following the season --- Voted a captain by his teammates in 2009 --- One of the most prolific passers in Notre Dame history despite only playing three seasons --- Made major strides in the leadership department as a junior, showing a much better on-field demeanor and taking his team on a number of impressive game-winning fourth quarter drives --- Extensive experience running a pro style system, a factor which can't be underestimated in this day and age of the spread offense --- Was essentially groomed to be an NFL quarterback from a very young age and has somehow managed to live up to sky-high expectations in the face of intense scrutiny --- The worry is that some of the Jay Cutler-esque qualities of his personality could begin to take their toll in the locker room if he lands in a bad situation or with a dysfunctional franchise --- A polished signal caller with an outstanding pedigree and all of the tools to be a top-notch starter at the next level.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

The Franchise
03-09-2010, 06:45 PM
He's a 7th round pick. /Saccopoo

Direckshun
03-09-2010, 06:52 PM
He's a Shanahan pick. No doubt about it.

siberian khatru
03-09-2010, 06:53 PM
The worry is that some of the Jay Cutler-esque qualities of his personality could begin to take their toll in the locker room if he lands in a bad situation or with a dysfunctional franchise

That to me is the only red flag.

I would think (hope?), though, that Weis' presence would mitigate that.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-09-2010, 07:03 PM

I've been saying that since I first took the time to watch some video on him. He's going to Washington.

ChiefsCountry
03-09-2010, 07:07 PM
I've been saying that since I first took the time to watch some video on him. He's going to Washington.

As long as we get Berry or him I don't care.

BossChief
03-09-2010, 07:09 PM
I think Jimmy Clausen would be a better pick than Sanchez would have been last year if you take everything into consideration.

ChiefsCountry
03-09-2010, 07:22 PM
I think Jimmy Clausen would be a better pick than Sanchez would have been last year if you take everything into consideration.

I don't bc a Sanchez/Berry combo looks a hell lot better than Jackson/Clausen.

BossChief
03-09-2010, 07:29 PM
I don't bc a Sanchez/Berry combo looks a hell lot better than Jackson/Clausen.

Well, to be fair I didnt say it was ok to draft Jackson in that scenario. I was a big Orakpo guy (and coincedentally loved Mauluga as well, even in the first until he timed poorly) Orakpo would have been my pick at 3 most likely and would have given us a very good passrusher that is more than solid against the run. Orakpo/Mauluga/Clausen looks pretty good.

When I say when you take everything into consideration I mean when you figure in the additional risk of Sanchez only playing 15 games on a great college team that he was surrounded by NFL talent on with a good running game and great defense to limit how much he had to do to win games.

Jimmy has already played our offense for three years under our current OC and that is huge additional value in my eyes. Their arms are similar, they are both great competitors and good pedigrees.

The experience in the offense under Weis is the tipping point for me.

ChiefsCountry
03-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Sanchez if he had stayed in school would have been #1 pick this year. He is a better talent than Clausen.

Tribal Warfare
03-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Sanchez if he had stayed in school would have been #1 pick this year. He is a better talent than Clausen.

He would've been the undisputed #1 overall pick

BossChief
03-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Its probably debatable. Splitting hairs imo.

As I said, having familiarity with the scheme and coach is a HUGE selling point.

We wouldnt be starting from scratch with Jimmy where we would have been with Sanchez.

Sanchez/Mauluga/Berry is an exceptional combination and a superbowl foundation, hopefully we dont miss the boat again...

Tribal Warfare
03-09-2010, 08:07 PM

As I said, having familiarity with the scheme and coach is a HUGE selling point.

We wouldnt be starting from scratch with Jimmy where we would have been with Sanchez.

Sanchez/Mauluga/Berry is an exceptional combination and a superbowl foundation, hopefully we dont miss the boat again...

Hopwfully it will look like Clausen/Spikes/Cam Thomas

the Talking Can
03-09-2010, 08:23 PM
you can't ask for more on paper....

want

Mr. Flopnuts
03-09-2010, 08:25 PM

I don't think so. I think Sanchez goes to St. Louis in a heartbeat if he's coming out this year.

BossChief
03-09-2010, 08:31 PM
I don't think so. I think Sanchez goes to St. Louis in a heartbeat if he's coming out this year.

Well, the debatable part I was talking about is injuries, dealing with adversity of having to do more because of the loss of so many defenders, nitpickers etc.

He would likely be the top prospect, but you never know 100% till it happens.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Well, the debatable part I was talking about is injuries, dealing with adversity of having to do more because of the loss of so many defenders, nitpickers etc.

It's totally incomparable, but I was huge on Sanchez early last year. The upside alone puts him head and shoulders above IMO. Bradford was smart not coming out last year if he actually gets picked first.

DeezNutz
03-09-2010, 08:40 PM
If the Weis hire means we finally get to draft and develop a legit franchise QB, it will be the single greatest coaching acquisition in the last 27 years, hands down.

BossChief
03-09-2010, 08:45 PM
If the Weis hire means we finally get to draft and develop a legit franchise QB, it will be the single greatest coaching acquisition in the last 27 years, hands down.

agree 100%

To me, it would be the most exciting draft pick of all time!

I would make a serious investment in season tickets because I would have a real feel that I could make serious long term profit on them.

Saccopoo
03-09-2010, 09:39 PM

He's got no mobility and has to wind up to throw a ball more than 20 yards. Not even remotely close to being what Shanahan wants from a quarterback.

However, Pestilence says he's already been fitted for his bust in Canton, so I'll go with his assessment. I'm sure he's looking at Clausen's pro potential objectively. Sure, Clausen really only had one good season and tossed 17 picks his sophomore year alone, is on the small side, with short arms and small hands and comes off as an entitled douche that looks to blame others before himself. But we want guys like that on our team.

Saccopoo
03-09-2010, 09:43 PM

I'm fucking crossing my fingers that this happens so we don't consider him with our pick. However, like I said, he's not a Shanahan type quarterback by any measure.

I do hope he's there with the Chiefs pick and they are smart enough to do a deal with the Browns who obviously know a good quarterback when they see one and move up for this Hall of Fame level player. Because, if any Browns executive is reading this right now, I'm telling you - Seattle wants this guy with all of their being. They will draft Clausen. Bank on it. You better trade with the Chiefs to make sure you get this once in a generation level talent for your QBOTF.

Saccopoo
03-09-2010, 10:15 PM

Jesus dude, don't give in to these guys. Stand your ground. Clausen is the fucking bomb! Sanchez couldn't hold his jock strap and you know it. It's why he's the top qb in this draft and why he'd be the top pick over Sanchez, who was a product of the system versus being an unmitigated stud that had no one around him and that's why his standout junior season resulted in a 6-6 record (that closed out with four straight losses). No defense and no running game. (Although it's hard to have a running game when you are throwing the ball 40 plays a game.)

And don't worry about the mobility issue with Clausen. Over the course of his college career he carried the ball 175 times for a grand total of -355 yards. (Yep, that's a negative 355 yards.) In his standout junior season he managed to gain positive yardage only twice, with each of those resulting in ONE yard. 2 yards gained to 97 yards lost on his 57 carries in 2009. But you can put that on a horrible offensive line (that will see two players get drafted in Sam Young and Eric Olsen - but horrible nonetheless), not on Jimmy Clausen.

Fuck no Sanchez wouldn't have beat out Clausen as the top pick in this draft. Stand your ground like a man!

BossChief
03-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Jesus dude, don't give in to these guys. Stand your ground. Clausen is the fucking bomb! Sanchez couldn't hold his jock strap and you know it. It's why he's the top qb in this draft and why he'd be the top pick over Sanchez, who was a product of the system versus being an unmitigated stud that had no one around him and that's why his standout junior season resulted in a 6-6 record (that closed out with four straight losses). No defense and no running game. (Although it's hard to have a running game when you are throwing the ball 40 plays a game.)

And don't worry about the mobility issue with Clausen. Over the course of his college career he carried the ball 175 times for a grand total of -355 yards. (Yep, that's a negative 355 yards.) In his standout junior season he managed to gain positive yardage only twice, with each of those resulting in ONE yard. 2 yards gained to 97 yards lost on his 57 carries in 2009. But you can put that on a horrible offensive line (that will see two players get drafted in Sam Young and Eric Olsen - but horrible nonetheless), not on Jimmy Clausen.

Fuck no Sanchez wouldn't have beat out Clausen as the top pick in this draft. Stand your ground like a man!

are you drunk?

Kyle DeLexus
03-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Jesus dude, don't give in to these guys. Stand your ground. Clausen is the ****ing bomb! Sanchez couldn't hold his jock strap and you know it. It's why he's the top qb in this draft and why he'd be the top pick over Sanchez, who was a product of the system versus being an unmitigated stud that had no one around him and that's why his standout junior season resulted in a 6-6 record (that closed out with four straight losses). No defense and no running game. (Although it's hard to have a running game when you are throwing the ball 40 plays a game.)

**** no Sanchez wouldn't have beat out Clausen as the top pick in this draft. Stand your ground like a man!

Holy shit your right we should draft fucking Tim Tebow, he's got mobility.

ChiefsCountry
03-10-2010, 12:04 AM
are you drunk?

No he is a fucking retard.

KCrockaholic
03-10-2010, 12:06 AM
Cutler has been his most common comparison. I have to agree with that. If Cutler wasn't a dumbass he would be looking like Aaron Rodgers right now. Instead, he looks like Jeff George.

I don't see Clausen as a douchebag to the extent of Philip Rivers, Eli Manning, or Cutler. But, I think his immaturity will hinder his performance during the first couple years of his career. I've said many times, that I don't care that he played in a pro-style offense. He is not an NFL ready QB. It will take him until 2012 or 13 to fully mature and become solid. He is going to struggle during the early part of his career.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-10-2010, 12:53 AM
Cutler has been his most common comparison. I have to agree with that. If Cutler wasn't a dumbass he would be looking like Aaron Rodgers right now. Instead, he looks like Jeff George.

I don't see Clausen as a douchebag to the extent of Philip Rivers, Eli Manning, or Cutler. But, I think his immaturity will hinder his performance during the first couple years of his career. I've said many times, that I don't care that he played in a pro-style offense. He is not an NFL ready QB. It will take him until 2012 or 13 to fully mature and become solid. He is going to struggle during the early part of his career.

So, basically he will be every non-Dan Marino QB, ever.

KCrockaholic
03-10-2010, 12:59 AM
So, basically he will be every non-Dan Marino QB, ever.

Well we see guys like Matt Ryan and Mark Sanchez, or Big Ben step in and be a decent QB at an early stage of their career, I don't think Clausen is going to be close to that. That's not taking away what he can be in his prime, but I can just picture all the Clausen lovers worried to death, that he is a bust after having a terrible rookie season if he starts. While the anti-Clausen people are saying "I told you so."

People are going to judge Clausen to quickly, and I fully expect Sam Bradford to have a better 1st season than Clausen.

I see Clausen as a developmental guy, and the reason he will go as the #2 QB in the draft is because he has the tools to work with, moreso than the other QB's in this draft that are also developmental guys.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-10-2010, 01:09 AM
The spread alone will make it impossible for Bradford to do anything next year.

BossChief
03-10-2010, 01:12 AM
in NDs 6 losses this year, the offense put up

I would love to see how he would be perceived if his defense was a decent unit...

AustinChief
03-10-2010, 05:17 AM

Impossible is WAY too strong... unlikely is a better guess. ... and this is coming from a guy who never really thought Bradford was that good.

I just never felt that Bradford was the main reason OK won games... after he went down and they floundered... I may have been too harsh on him... but I'm STILL not a huge fan. I'd take Clausen over him BUT I also don't want Clausen... too many (probably) better QBs next year.

I want D and a solid WR if one falls to us at value... and maybe a mid-late round OT... otherwise, stick with D

The Franchise
03-10-2010, 10:26 AM
He's got no mobility and has to wind up to throw a ball more than 20 yards. Not even remotely close to being what Shanahan wants from a quarterback.

However, Pestilence says he's already been fitted for his bust in Canton, so I'll go with his assessment. I'm sure he's looking at Clausen's pro potential objectively. Sure, Clausen really only had one good season and tossed 17 picks his sophomore year alone, is on the small side, with short arms and small hands and comes off as an entitled douche that looks to blame others before himself. But we want guys like that on our team.

Yep....that's exactly what I said....you fucking douche.

Go back to basing your opinion of a player off of stats and YouTube clips.

milkman
03-10-2010, 12:49 PM
are you drunk?

No, he's just a useless dumbass.

BigCatDaddy
03-10-2010, 04:05 PM
[QUOTE=kcrockaholic4life;6591777]Well we see guys like Matt Ryan and Mark Sanchez, or Big Ben step in and be a decent QB at an early stage of their career I don't think Clausen is going to be close to that. That's not taking away what he can be in his prime, but I can just picture all the Clausen lovers worried to death, that he is a bust after having a terrible rookie season if he starts. While the anti-Clausen people are saying "I told you so."

What????? How can you compare Mark Sanchez's rookie numbers with that of Matt Ryan and Bens?????? You watch football yes?

BigCatDaddy
03-10-2010, 04:06 PM

My offer still stands bro if you are so sure. Lifetime ban for me vs 1 year for you.

"The Sure Fire Bust" Sam Bradford vs "El 2nd Cumo!" Jesus' Sanchez!

BossChief
03-10-2010, 04:34 PM
My offer still stands bro if you are so sure. Lifetime ban for me vs 1 year for you.

"The Sure Fire Bust" Sam Bradford vs "El 2nd Cumo!" Jesus' Sanchez!

these kind of bets are fucking retarded

If you want to make a bet, make it a 1 line sig bet. Make the loser wear that blackeye around the Planet...this ban me bs is pussy

Saccopoo
03-10-2010, 04:41 PM
in NDs 6 losses this year, the offense put up

I would love to see how he would be perceived if his defense was a decent unit...

Holy shit!! That's ****ing Arena football right there!

Saccopoo
03-10-2010, 04:48 PM
these kind of bets are ****ing retarded

If you want to make a bet, make it a 1 line sig bet. Make the loser wear that blackeye around the Planet...this ban me bs is pussy

I'd like to see it get taken to a higher level. Cut off the tip of a finger, burn a hole in your arm with a lit cigar or something like that. Let's make it a little more meaningful in terms of putting your money where your mouth is, and nothing says "I'm sure of it" like a little physical disfigurement riding on your words.

Maybe just shaving your eyebrows would suffice, but I think the pain thing goes a long way in closing up the vast expanse of middle ground on the internet.

Nightfyre
03-10-2010, 04:55 PM
christ, if you had your way, you'd be post incident harvey dent.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo
03-10-2010, 04:58 PM
christ, if you had your way, you'd be post incident harvey dent.
Posted via Mobile Device

http://www.insidesocal.com/tv/Harvey%20Dent%20-%20Two%20face.jpg

You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

KCrockaholic
03-10-2010, 05:01 PM
What????? How can you compare Mark Sanchez's rookie numbers with that of Matt Ryan and Bens?????? You watch football yes?

Ben didn't have great rookie numbers either. But he didn't turn the ball over, and took his team very far for a rookie QB. The same thing happened with Sanchez. I don't think I said anything about Sanchez having great numbers. He did a solid job, and did a fantastic job once he got to the playoffs. If you look in-depth at the Sanchez INT's they occured when the Jets where losing and he was flying the ball around trying to make a comeback. My main point is that Clausen is going to have a steep learning curve in the NFL. But, once he masters it, he will have his name mentioned in the same sentence as Ben, Rodgers, and Rivers.

BigCatDaddy
03-10-2010, 05:52 PM
these kind of bets are ****ing retarded

Nah, that's too easy.

BigCatDaddy
03-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Ben didn't have great rookie numbers either. But he didn't turn the ball over, and took his team very far for a rookie QB. The same thing happened with Sanchez. I don't think I said anything about Sanchez having great numbers. He did a solid job, and did a fantastic job once he got to the playoffs. If you look in-depth at the Sanchez INT's they occured when the Jets where losing and he was flying the ball around trying to make a comeback. My main point is that Clausen is going to have a steep learning curve in the NFL. But, once he masters it, he will have his name mentioned in the same sentence as Ben, Rodgers, and Rivers.

So you are saying when the team needed Sanchez to step up an win a game he threw INT's? Which is correct, because they only won with defense and a running game and when behind couldn't count on him to carry the load.

Again.... WHATTTTTTTTT??????? Ben set the NFL record for a rookie QB rating of 98.1.... Matt Ryan 87.7 as a rookie... Joe Flacco 80.3........ Mark Sanchez..... 63.0

Sing it with me folks.

One of these things just don't belong here,
One of these things just ain't the same,
One of these things just don't belong here;
Now it's time to play our game!

KCrockaholic
03-10-2010, 07:02 PM
So you are saying when the team needed Sanchez to step up an win a game he threw INT's? Which is correct, because they only won with defense and a running game and when behind couldn't count on him to carry the load.

Again.... WHATTTTTTTTT??????? Ben set the NFL record for a rookie QB rating of 98.1.... Matt Ryan 87.7 as a rookie... Joe Flacco 80.3........ Mark Sanchez..... 63.0

Sing it with me folks.

One of these things just don't belong here,
One of these things just ain't the same,
One of these things just don't belong here;
Now it's time to play our game!

You can say what you want. He helped take the Jets to the AFC Championship game. You're missing my main point though. You've made a big deal about something so small out of my main point.

BigCatDaddy
03-10-2010, 07:24 PM
You can say what you want. He helped take the Jets to the AFC Championship game. You're missing my main point though. You've made a big deal about something so small out of my main point.

He helped????? They had the #1 rated defense and #1 rated run game and if it wasn't for the Colts taking the last few weeks off they wouldn't have even made the playoffs! That's not helping, that hindering a team.

Sorry to poke at you, but I can't believe some people fall for the Hamas/Mecca propaganda BS about how we missed out on a franchise QB because he happened to get drafted by a good team and he would have been the #1 pick this year because Jackie Legg over at NFL forums.com said so. They need to prove themselves right based on promoting him last year. Based on his performance last year, if you through him back into the pool of players for this years draft he would be the 3rd QB off the board. Tim Tebow can put up a freaking 63 QB rating on that loaded ass team this year.

Chiefnj2
03-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Sanchez played very well for a rookie in the playoffs.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-10-2010, 08:33 PM
BCD: Sam Bradford

Hog Farmer: Pigs

Saccopoo
03-11-2010, 02:42 AM
Sanchez played very well for a rookie in the playoffs.

Joe Flacco approves of this post.

Hootie
03-11-2010, 07:11 AM
THE ONLY thing that bothers me is Rick and Casey...

Why is Jimmy so much better?!

That scares me.

I'm a big fan of DNA...

Hootie
03-11-2010, 07:14 AM
for instance...

a thimble of Archie Manning semen is priceless if you ask me...

if I ever get married...I would give my life savings for one thimble...

that's proven shit right there!

KCrockaholic
03-11-2010, 12:32 PM
He helped????? They had the #1 rated defense and #1 rated run game and if it wasn't for the Colts taking the last few weeks off they wouldn't have even made the playoffs! That's not helping, that hindering a team.

Sorry to poke at you, but I can't believe some people fall for the Hamas/Mecca propaganda BS about how we missed out on a franchise QB because he happened to get drafted by a good team and he would have been the #1 pick this year because Jackie Legg over at NFL forums.com said so. They need to prove themselves right based on promoting him last year. Based on his performance last year, if you through him back into the pool of players for this years draft he would be the 3rd QB off the board. Tim Tebow can put up a freaking 63 QB rating on that loaded ass team this year.

FTR, me talking about Sanchez having a decent rookie year has nothing to do with Mecca or Hamas. I still like Stafford way more than Sanchez, and I don't think Sanchez is a good QB yet, but he took his team to the AFC Championship game and didn't choke.

BigCatDaddy
03-11-2010, 01:13 PM
FTR, me talking about Sanchez having a decent rookie year has nothing to do with Mecca or Hamas. I still like Stafford way more than Sanchez, and I don't think Sanchez is a good QB yet, but he took his team to the AFC Championship game and didn't choke.

He didn't take jack, he got taken along for the ride. That would be like saying Trent Dilfer lead the Ravens to the superbowl. Just in the future when referencing QB's that had great rookie seasons try avoiding guys that had a QB rating of less then 65 and your point won't be lost.

KCrockaholic
03-11-2010, 01:27 PM
He didn't take jack, he got taken along for the ride. That would be like saying Trent Dilfer lead the Ravens to the superbowl. Just in the future when referencing QB's that had great rookie seasons try avoiding guys that had a QB rating of less then 65 and your point won't be lost.

The only person who lost my point was you. And I don't care too much about that.

BigCatDaddy
03-11-2010, 01:52 PM
The only person who lost my point was you. And I don't care too much about that.

Hurt, my feelings are.

Maggot Brain
03-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Jimmy Clausen reminds me of Blair Kiel. A good ND QB but suspect as a pro.

BigCatDaddy
03-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Jimmy Clausen reminds me of Blair Kiel. A good ND QB but suspect as a pro.

Mayock said he compares favorably to Mark Sanchez, but he can't see him been taken with the 4th pick by the Redskins.

Ralphy Boy
03-13-2010, 02:40 PM
It's totally incomparable, but I was huge on Sanchez early last year. The upside alone puts him head and shoulders above IMO. Bradford was smart not coming out last year if he actually gets picked first.

That's a big "if". I think he could have just as easily gone ahead of Stafford last year. His injury early this season was huge and could have cost him a fortune. He should consider himself very lucky to still be in consideration for the #1 pick this year.

Ralphy Boy
03-13-2010, 02:56 PM
THE ONLY thing that bothers me is Rick and Casey...

Why is Jimmy so much better?!

That scares me.

I'm a big fan of DNA...

I'm just not a fan of Clausen. It probably has more to do with his brothers than it should. The kid seemingly has it all and I don't know why else I'm not higher on him than I am. Maybe its the hair and the attitude, maybe its a combination of that and what you already mentioned.

Sully
03-13-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm just not a fan of Clausen. It probably has more to do with his brothers than it should. The kid seemingly has it all and I don't know why else I'm not higher on him than I am. Maybe its the hair and the attitude, maybe its a combination of that and what you already mentioned.

That's silly.
You don't think the majority of players in the NFL have brothers you've never heard of?

DeezNutz
03-13-2010, 03:41 PM
"We had Jimmy rated very highly, but the hair was the deal breaker."

Ralphy Boy
03-13-2010, 04:26 PM
That's silly.
You don't think the majority of players in the NFL have brothers you've never heard of?

I know, I know. I just can't put my finger on why I don't like him. Every reason to like him is there, it just seems like there are a few things that are "off", but I guess there always is.

"We had Jimmy rated very highly, but the hair was the deal breaker."
:D

Tribal Warfare
03-13-2010, 04:27 PM
That's silly.

They're all related to Dwayne Bowe, that's what his grandma says anyway

Maggot Brain
03-14-2010, 02:27 AM
Mayock said he compares favorably to Mark Sanchez, but he can't see him been taken with the 4th pick by the Redskins.

Can't underestimate Coach Ryan's impact on Sanchez. I think he saved him from becoming a turnover machine by reigning him in mid-season. Any of these rookie QBs would benefit from some good NFL coaching.