PDA

View Full Version : Football They find out everything!!

angelo
03-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Sorry if repost.

Roto-world report that Abilene Christian OT Tony Washington at age 16 had what is thought to be consensual sex with his 15 year old sister. His is a registered sex offender and on probation for 5 years.

Washington states that "He made a mistake at the age of 16 and for that he is deeply sorry". He is now reportedly on good terms with his sister.

He was thought to be a 1st or 2nd round propect.

WTF

ANG

CoMoChief
03-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Sorry if repost.

Roto-world report that Abilene Christian OT Tony Washington at age 16 had what is thought to be consensual sex with his 15 year old sister. His is a registered sex offender and on probation for 5 years.

Washington states that "He made a mistake at the age of 16 and for that he is deeply sorry". He is now reportedly on good terms with his sister.

He was thought to be a 1st or 2nd round propect.

WTF

ANG

I'm sure the NFL does their fair share of background checks on players who declare.

Just like a big company that looks to hire you.

Bugeater
How the hell can anyone think that fucking your sister is OK?

KCrockaholic
I just read up on this guy an hour ago....I'm not surprised...

rambleonthruthefog
03-10-2010, 04:08 PM
step-sister?

Smed1065
WTF?

KCrockaholic
They had a kid together also.....F***

The Franchise
03-10-2010, 04:09 PM
So did he become a registered sex offender because he was older than her at the time? Like if she was 16 and he was 15.....do they make her the registered sex offender?

ModSocks
03-10-2010, 04:15 PM
So....he's a Sisterfucker. That dirty sisterfucker.

Wow.....he banged his sister and it wasn't rape.

Worthless without pics?

Sofa King
03-10-2010, 04:15 PM
So did he become a registered sex offender because he was older than her at the time? Like if she was 16 and he was 15.....do they make her the registered sex offender?

thats what i was thinking...

and if they ACTUALLY did have a kid together... i guess that means we'll be having another poster around here soon...

The Franchise
03-10-2010, 04:16 PM

and if they ACTUALLY did have a kid together... i guess that means we'll be having another poster around here soon...

He's already here. You know him.....as Saccopoo.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Too bad Kentucky or West Virginia doesn't have an NFL franchise

ModSocks
03-10-2010, 04:17 PM

Holy fuck, they had a kid together? How the hell does that happen? Fucking your sister and then having a kid by her.....Now im really confused.

AustinChief
03-10-2010, 04:17 PM
https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DPS_WEB/SorNew/PublicSite/index.aspx?PageIndex=Individual&IND_IDN=9711140&SearchType=Name

Verified.

KCrockaholic
03-10-2010, 04:19 PM
They had a kid together. His kid is 7 now I believe. He is disgusting. He quit football after his Freshman season of High School to take care of his child and didn't play again until he was a Senior.

Mecca
03-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Man how desperate do you have to be?

ModSocks
03-10-2010, 04:21 PM
SO how the hell do you expect to have a Pro-career and be known as the sisterfucker? How do your teammates respond to something like that?

and it looks like it was consensual as well. So she wanted her brothers dick...and wanted his kid.

What a fucked up family. Must be hard to get laid out there

Mecca
03-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Well in fairness not everyone will know that story, most fans won't.

Titty Meat
03-10-2010, 04:22 PM
If we draft this guy.....

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2010, 04:24 PM
http://www.sportsfanlive.com/sflreports/entry/sportsfanlive_com_exclusive_lineman_s

Full story.

It sounds like he came from a fucked-up family but he's been trying to turn his life around since.

AustinChief
For the record... his offense is simply "Prohibited Sexual Conduct"

http://law.onecle.com/texas/penal/25.02.00.html (It occured in Lousiana but I'm pretty sure the code is almost identical)

Simply put, f** your relatives and go to jail.

KCrockaholic
If we draft this guy.....

We can throw the "right 53" right out the window. The guy is a Falcons fan. Hopefully he goes there and stays away from KC.

KCrockaholic
03-10-2010, 04:25 PM
http://www.sportsfanlive.com/sflreports/entry/sportsfanlive_com_exclusive_lineman_s

Full story.

It sounds like he came from a ****ed-up family but he's been trying to turn his life around since.

So did Dez Bryant, but he didn't have to screw his sister thankfully.

Titty Meat
03-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Please let Denver draft him.

Demonpenz
03-10-2010, 04:26 PM
I heard after the draft he is off to face his father darth vader

Titty Meat
03-10-2010, 04:26 PM

Mayock should bring it up.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2010, 04:27 PM
We can throw the "right 53" right out the window. The guy is a Falcons fan. Hopefully he goes there and stays away from KC.

I could care less if the Chiefs draft him. If he's a solid offensive tackle with a bright future, why not?

It's not like we're going to be hanging out.

Titty Meat
03-10-2010, 04:29 PM
I could care less if the Chiefs draft him. If he's a solid offensive tackle with a bright future, why not?

Dude he fucked his sister.

ModSocks
03-10-2010, 04:29 PM

I dont believe that. I doubt it's something that NFL broadcasters will ever bring up, but this info will leak into the locker rooms for sure...and every team has at least some fans that will wanna get some background info on the players there team drafted.

Mecca
03-10-2010, 04:31 PM
They shouldn't bring it up, ever.

It's something a team employing him should know but it's not something that should be discussed by Mike Mayock's dumbass.

And for the record I really could careless if he fucked his sister if he can play OT really good, draft him up.

BryanBusby
He is now reportedly on good terms with his sister.
Yeah, that's what got him into this problem to begin with.

Also, from what I read the dude had a really fucked up childhood. I'd take a chance on him as long as he agrees to keep up with his terms of probation, avoid family reunions and continue seeing a psychologist or start seeing one.

CoMoChief

This is the internet age......if a story like this breaks out. People will know almost immediately.

KCrockaholic
03-10-2010, 04:32 PM

You can't discount his character concern. It's a serious topic. The guy is not a solid OT if he continues trouble. Like was mentioned in the article you posted. It bothers me as well that he doesn't seem to think it is a big deal. He says where he comes from it happens all the time. Well, in the real world, its not ethical under any circumstance to do what he did.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-10-2010, 04:33 PM
He'll be a Raider.

DaneMcCloud
Dude he fucked his sister.

I'd be more concerned if he fucked his brother

Mecca
I seriously doubt casual fans are going to go looking for the past arrest records of some dude from a division II school.

But like I said I really don't care about that, he didn't fuck our sisters, right?

KCrockaholic
03-10-2010, 04:34 PM
This is the internet age......if a story like this breaks out. People will know almost immediately.

Yahoo will have a story about it soon I'm sure. They can't keep their mouths shut.

Pasta Little Brioni

I could just see Know Mo spinning that one.

"Incest is best" :)

Pushead2

agreed, is it any better than LJ the cakin' woman beater?

ModSocks
03-10-2010, 04:35 PM
A quote from an NFL scout:

What disturbs me is that I don't know if he sees anything wrong with it,” the scout added. “He said

where he comes from, this kind of thing happens all the time. I don’t think he’s at all ready for the rejection he's about to face once people find out.”

Holy crap...a whole community of Sisterfuckers

Titty Meat
I'd be more concerned if he ****ed his brother

Depends what if his sister is built like him?

SDChiefs
Oh dear God. Please tell me this aint going to be the next Sandra Bullock flick.

KCrockaholic
agreed, is it any better than LJ the cakin' woman beater?

It's no better, and did you want LJ on the Chiefs after he did that?

Mecca
And anyway people at 16 and people at 22 are very different.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2010, 04:36 PM

What disturbs me is that I don't know if he sees anything wrong with it,” the scout added. “He said

where he comes from, this kind of thing happens all the time. I don’t think he’s at all ready for the rejection he's about to face once people find out.”

Have you ever spent time in Louisiana?

It's a strange place, to say the least.

The Franchise
You can't discount his character concern. It's a serious topic. The guy is not a solid OT if he continues trouble. Like was mentioned in the article you posted. It bothers me as well that he doesn't seem to think it is a big deal. He says where he comes from it happens all the time. Well, in the real world, its not ethical under any circumstance to do what he did.

You can't discount his character concern?

We just signed a guy who is known as a locker room cancer....and has assualted people.

Mecca

If he still played at the level he once was at....yes.

DaneMcCloud
Depends what if his sister is built like him?

Then they must have rocked that trailer!

KCrockaholic
Oh dear God. Please tell me this aint going to be the next Sandra Bullock flick.

I think Michael Oher was a good guy. Washington is a disgusting Sister****er.

ModSocks
03-10-2010, 04:37 PM
I seriously doubt casual fans are going to go looking for the past arrest records of some dude from a division II school.

But like I said I really don't care about that, he didn't **** our sisters, right?

No casual fan will look for arrest records. But a Causal fan will google his name, and "Tony washington fucked his sister" will be on the front page multiple times

Pasta Little Brioni

The inbred side??

KCrockaholic
If he still played at the level he once was at....yes.

Guys like that will be suspended and when that happens, you don't have a good player anymore because he can't keep his head on straight.

Ralphy Boy
03-10-2010, 04:38 PM

this.

Frazod
03-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Was she at least hot?

(Somebody had to ask)

Pushead2
03-10-2010, 04:39 PM

he didn't rape her, gross with out a doubt. A crime by default.

LJ beat the girl without her saying "yes beat me". A crime by choice.

And no I didn't want LJ after that because he sucked shit on the field..

This guy, if he could help us win. Sure.

Ralphy Boy
03-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Mayock should bring it up.

did you hear his reference at the combine about the mormon's from BYU?

Something like "they all get married when they turn 16 cause they can't have premarrital sex"

Rich had to hush him and then made an equally off collar comment about his "measurables"

The Franchise
03-10-2010, 04:41 PM
What he did was taboo and sick. But the fact that it was consensual and that he has openly admitted to making a mistake doesn't make it worse than fucking murder.....like some of you would believe.

Mecca
03-10-2010, 04:41 PM
I will maintain as long as the player helps the team win, they are not our buddies or our pals.

As long as Tony Washington does not get arrested I really could careless who he fucked if he's a productive starting player.

Lumpy
03-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Wait? Wut? Did he have a flipper kid w/ his sis?!

Frazod
03-10-2010, 04:43 PM

I'll take Yet Another Reason to Avoid the Deep South for $1,000, Alex.

Pioli Zombie
03-10-2010, 04:43 PM
This is called Friday Night at GoChiefs house
Posted via Mobile Device

AustinChief
03-10-2010, 04:44 PM
I am not sure I want him with the Chiefs due to the complications and maturity issues BUT that being said... I thing it is complete BS that he has to register as a sex offender...

It is f---ed up and gross that he was with his sister and I have no problem with THAT being against the law... but to throw him in with the same stigma of rapists and pedophiles is ridiculous...

Mecca
03-10-2010, 04:46 PM
I am not sure I want him with the Chiefs due to the complications and maturity issues BUT that being said... I thing it is complete BS that he has to register as a sex offender...

It is f---ed up and gross that he was with his sister and I have no problem with THAT being against the law... but to throw him in with the same stigma of rapists and pedophiles is ridiculous...

Dude you could end up as a sex offender if you were taking a piss outside, some of the things that will get you on that list are a bit ridiculous.

ModSocks
I will maintain as long as the player helps the team win, they are not our buddies or our pals.

As long as Tony Washington does not get arrested I really could careless who he ****ed if he's a productive starting player.

Ima have to side with you on this. If he turns out to be a good player, then i can look past the sisterfucker thing.

But this guy is going to have issues with women all his life. He fucked his sister. Had a kid with her. Already divorced and is only 24.

Bitches can fuck with a player's mind. And this guy has bitch issues.

Pants

Nobody will give a crap once he's made millions. He's going to have friends and women lining up.

KCrockaholic
03-10-2010, 04:47 PM

I agree with this statement.

Mecca
The guy went to Abilene Christian......so you can fuck your sister and go to a religious school eh?

CrazyPhuD
Uhhh you know I wouldn't draft him because the dude can't be 22. I mean look at it GoChiefs is what 24-25, if he had him at 16 that would make the dude at least 40 and no way he's going to have a long career at that age.

ModSocks
03-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Nobody will give a crap once he's made millions. He's going to have friends and women lining up.

And imagine what kind of issues that could bring up as a registered sex offender?

His best bet is to stay away from women all together. Go gay if he has to. Probably the best thing for his career.

KCrockaholic
The guy went to Abilene Christian......so you can **** your sister and go to a religious school eh?

I don't like most religions. I'll stick with being an Agnostic thank you :)

ModSocks
The guy went to Abilene Christian......so you can **** your sister and go to a religious school eh?

God forgives all. Even Sisterfuckers.

Mecca
03-10-2010, 04:49 PM
You think GoChiefs is black?

ModSocks
03-10-2010, 04:50 PM

Does he have a sister?

Pants

If you can be a priest and fuck little boys in the ass, pretty much everything else is wide open.

Mecca
And imagine what kind of issues that could bring up as a registered sex offender?

His best bet is to stay away from women all together. Go gay if he has to. Probably the best thing for his career.

Well you know he's probably not discriminating, when you'll bang your sister it's pretty hard to be choosy.

CrazyPhuD

Have you seen what kind of genetic misfits result from incest?

ModSocks
If you can be a priest and **** little boys in the ass, pretty much everything else is wide open.

This.

ModSocks
03-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Have you seen what kind of genetic misfits result from incest?

Is this a GoChiefs joke?

Frazod
03-10-2010, 04:55 PM

He'd better be pretty thick-skinned, or he may well be good for four or five retaliation PFs during a game.

Can you imagine the grief the guys on the other side of the line will give this poor stupid bastard?

Mr. Laz
03-10-2010, 04:56 PM
So if i'm 15 and my girlfriend is 15 and she decides to jump by bones for by 16th birthday. I'm then 16 and she's 15 so i'm heading towards being a registered sex offender?

wow ... the registered sex offender part is complete crap. They was less than 12 months between their ages. Stupid

but the "eww" factor just went sky high. :shake:

Mecca
03-10-2010, 04:56 PM
He'd better be pretty thick-skinned, or he may well be good for four or five retaliation PFs during a game.

Can you imagine the grief the guys on the other side of the line will give this poor stupid bastard?

He could just tell them he fucked their sisters too.

Frazod
03-10-2010, 04:58 PM
He could just tell them he fucked their sisters too.

Well, there is that. :D

Frazod
03-10-2010, 04:59 PM
I wonder if the kid has an extra arm growing out of his forehead or anything?

Ebolapox
03-10-2010, 05:00 PM
God forgives all. Even Sisterfuckers.

dude, have you READ the bible? all sorts of messed up stuff in the old testament.

threebag
03-10-2010, 05:34 PM
I bet he didn't stop at his sister---or start.

Mom, auntie, couple cousins, maybe even a few family pets.

Life is hell growing up watching Dolemite and Scarface

bowener
03-10-2010, 05:36 PM
I wonder if the kid has an extra arm growing out of his forehead or anything?

It takes 2 or 3 generations of incest before you get severe physical or genetic fuck ups.

Rain Man
03-10-2010, 05:38 PM
If we draft him, is he required to leave the field if there's a child within the first hundred rows of seats?

And I don't think the Broncos can draft him at all because it's illegal for him to be in a room alone with their coach.

Rain Man
03-10-2010, 05:39 PM
dude, have you READ the bible? all sorts of messed up stuff in the old testament.

For 1,800 years the Bible was the best pornography you could find.

Pablo
03-10-2010, 05:40 PM
This is why I never went pro.

I knew they'd find out I'm a sister-fucker too.

Rain Man
03-10-2010, 05:45 PM
This will sound kind of bad, but between congressmen and priests and pedophiles, I'm at the point now where when I hear about a sex offense case I'll think, "Well, at least it's a girl." I know that's not cool, but it shows how low the bar has sunk on sex offenses.

So...at least it was his sister and not his brother.

KCrockaholic
03-10-2010, 05:47 PM
And I don't think the Broncos can draft him at all because it's illegal for him to be in a room alone with their coach.

ROFL That was good.

ModSocks
This will sound kind of bad, but between congressmen and priests and pedophiles, I'm at the point now where when I hear about a sex offense case I'll think, "Well, at least it's a girl." I know that's not cool, but it shows how low the bar has sunk on sex offenses.

Hell, at least he kept it in the family?

Pablo
This will sound kind of bad, but between congressmen and priests and pedophiles, I'm at the point now where when I hear about a sex offense case I'll think, "Well, at least it's a girl." Then I chuckle and say "She was probably asking for it; dressing like that". I know that's not cool, but it shows how low the bar has sunk on sex offenses.

So...at least it was his sister and not his brother.Bad Rainman, bad.

KCrockaholic
03-10-2010, 05:48 PM

I don't like the thought of that because it's not like he could get his brother pregnant. It's disgusting that he has a kid by his own damn sister.

ClevelandBronco
03-10-2010, 05:50 PM
There's no reason on earth this guy should be a registered sex offender. Who the hell are they warning? Other sisters who might not otherwise know about this?

Can the guy play? Good. Let him.

LaChapelle
03-10-2010, 05:50 PM
She was drunk and passed out on the bathroom floor when he went to take a leak...

Rain Man
03-10-2010, 05:53 PM
I don't like the thought of that because it's not like he could get his brother pregnant. It's disgusting that he has a kid by his own damn sister.

Wait a minute. They had a kid? I must've missed that.

Pioli Zombie
03-10-2010, 05:54 PM
There's no reason on earth this guy should be a registered sex offender. Who the hell are they warning? Other sisters who might not otherwise know about this?

Can the guy play? Good. Let him.
They are warning all extended family. Should be quite a conversation at Thanksgiving this year. "Did ya see that new Morgan Freeman movie?"
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
03-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Gross
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
03-10-2010, 05:58 PM
"Dammit Mabel, I told you not to take that afternoon job at Target!!! "Oooooh, don't worry, honey, the kids will be fine". Just terrific!!!!"
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
03-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Jim Nantz: "Just a great block uh.."
Phil Simms: "It was the sisterfucker, Jim"
Posted via Mobile Device

Baby Lee
03-10-2010, 06:01 PM
They are warning all extended family. Should be quite a conversation at Thanksgiving this year. "Did ya see that new Morgan Freeman movie?"
Posted via Mobile Device

Didn't Morgan have his own [grand?]daughterfucker controversy?

Miles
03-10-2010, 06:08 PM
The guy went to Abilene Christian......so you can fuck your sister and go to a religious school eh?

It is an oddly strict school. Just as an example, all freshman and sophomores are required to live on campus where they have a weekday curfew of 11:30 and weekend one of 1:00 am. Not sure if they have changed it but no students could drink even if they were 21.

KCrockaholic
03-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Wait a minute. They had a kid? I must've missed that.

Yep. His Freshman year of H.S.

Mecca
03-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Hey man, Pittsburgh should draft him, at least he has consensual sex.

Over-Head
03-10-2010, 06:29 PM
He'll claim mental issues stemming from post motor cycle helmet-less accident he had a few years ago. His wiring just short circuited or some other sick shit.

Frazod
03-10-2010, 06:44 PM
It takes 2 or 3 generations of incest before you get severe physical or genetic fuck ups.

You're assuming it hasn't been going on for two or three generations.

ModSocks
03-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Hey man, Pittsburgh should draft him, at least he has consensual sex.

Hey. That's a.....Low blow

Chiefnj2
03-10-2010, 06:55 PM
I really doubt it was tough for teams to discover this. I'm pretty sure that when they went to his home town and said "What do you know of Tony Washington?" the typical response was "Who? Oh you mean Tony incest? The sister porker?"

KCChiefsMan
03-10-2010, 07:02 PM
god damn that's f*cking awful. I really really hope that denver or oakland drafts him

Drew
03-10-2010, 07:29 PM
I plugged my cousin from australia- more neg rep?

Over-Head
03-10-2010, 08:11 PM
I plugged my cousin from australia- more neg rep?
Your location explains all.

Reaper16
03-12-2010, 10:47 AM

By JENNA LAINE
SportsFanLive.com Reporter
<small>Posted on March 8, 2010 at 6:12 p.m. ET</small>

An offensive tackle from a small Division II Christian school, Tony Washington went to Indianapolis virtually unknown. After top performances at the NFL Combine, the Abilene Christian standout has seen his draft stock climb as high as the second round. But he bears the burden of a troubled past – one that’s causing some NFL teams to think twice.

Washington is a registered sex offender.

Until now, he has not publicly addressed the specifics of his situation, but in a statement provided exclusively to SportsFanLive.com, he confirmed what is likely to haunt him for the rest of his life.

“I made a mistake at the age of 16, and for that, I am deeply sorry,” Washington said. “I will not try and excuse or justify anything. I have worked extremely hard to do everything right so that I might have an opportunity to give back. I only hope that someone in the NFL will give me the same opportunity that Abilene Christian and Trinity Valley gave me.”

In May 2003, Washington was convicted of having sex with a relative that multiple NFL and college sources say was his 15-year old biological sister. The act was consensual, according to his college coaches and two NFL scouts, who spoke to him about the incident. The sister does not wish to speak publicly on the case, according to Washington’s agent, who added that the siblings are now on good terms and talk often. Washington received five years probation and did not serve jail time.

Due to the nature of the crime and Washington’s status as a juvenile, records specifically related to the crime itself could not be obtained in requests made to both the Texas Department of Public

http://www.sportsfanlive.com/roller/sflreports/resource/TonyWashingtonRegistered3.jpgSafety and the New Orleans Police Department. But if this had been "sexual assault," Washington’s report on the sex-offender registry would have listed a different offense.

Inside the interview rooms at the Combine, scouts questioned him at length about his past. Some are willing to give him a chance. After all, Washington had the best broad jump among offensive lineman at 9 feet, 6 inches and the sixth-best time in the three-cone drill. Despite that talent, other scouts may not be so forgiving.

Trinity Valley Community College coach Mark Sartain faced the same challenge back in 2005, when he met Washington, then a high school senior.

“He e-mailed me several times asking for an opportunity to play and finally sent me a grainy tape,” Sartain said. “You could barely see him in it.”

The only evidence of his potential as a football player was the massive 6-7, 300-pound frame he carried. Everything else, including his home, was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.

“Katrina was a total disruption of his life and his high school career,” said Sartain, a coaching veteran of 26 years and father of two, who now heads up the football program at East Texas Baptist University.

Then Washington told him: “Coach, there’s something you need to know.”

Although it was unsettling, Washington’s confession did not cause Sartain to shy away from his young recruit. In fact, because Washington volunteered the information, Sartain realized “this young man deserves a second chance.”

The product of what Sartain calls a “dysfunctional” family, Washington arrived in Athens, Texas, with emotional needs that had long been neglected. “I don’t want to say he was emotionally ‘crippled,’ but with that traumatic time in his life, he skipped a phase, so to speak, in his emotional development,” the coach said.

His unique situation required authorities in both New Orleans and Texas to accept his transfer of residence, something law enforcement officials in his home state of Louisiana initially refused to do. It meant Sartain and his staff had to jump through hoops to get Tony into their program.

“They were ignoring him and not returning calls because they didn’t want to deal with him,” Sartain said. “We had to fight for a couple weeks to get that whole thing done.”

Abilene: Faith And Football

Like Sartain, Abilene Christian coach Chris Thomsen felt his profession was a calling from God, with the decisions he makes on the football field dictated by his faith. “It’s what guides me,” he said.

So when Sartain, a friend of 15 years, spoke of a promising left tackle who wanted to come play at Abilene but had some off-the-field issues, Thomsen took a closer look.

For Washington to enter Thomsen’s program, he had to pass through five levels of clearance, which the school considers protocol any time an at-risk student seeks admittance. He first needed approval from Thomsen, then the athletic director, the dean of student affairs, the chief of police and finally the president of the school.

“The biggest concern I had was, ‘Is he going to be a threat to the community?’” Thomsen said.

After a thorough investigation, the school agreed to accept him. “Even the chief of police thought Tony was a low risk,” Thomsen said.

Under Thomsen, Washington thrived on the football field. He became a two-time Division II All-American, was awarded the Lone Star South Division Offensive Player of the Year Award two years in a row and was a 2009 finalist for the Gene Upshaw Award (best Division II lineman, offensive or defensive).

Under his coach’s strong Christian influence and Abilene’s required daily chapel sessions, Washington began to thrive spiritually too, Thomsen said, by learning of Biblical figures such as Moses, David and Paul -- men who committed murder -- and Peter, who was impulsive.

He learned the power of forgiveness at Abilene, because he saw it firsthand from his coach. Thomsen has a reputation for taking on troubled athletes like Bernard Scott, who had several arrests before being drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals last year.

Thomsen also takes pride in the fact that he can help mold young men, like Washington, not just into better football players, but better people. “That’s what you want as a coach,” he said. “You want to see guys grow as players, you want to see them grow as people, and I saw that with Tony.”

But will NFL scouts be as forgiving as Thomsen and Sartain? Will the public?

“We all knew this day was coming,” Sartain said.

The Stigma

The juvenile justice system forgives troubled minors who break the law by sealing their records. But because Washington committed a sex crime, he must register annually as a sex offender – something that will follow him for the rest of his life.

“He just made a mistake. He made a bad choice, in a bad situation, in a bad environment,” said Sartain, who understands that Washington must live with the consequences but doesn’t believe he should have to be humiliated for something he did at a young age.

He added that because of Washington’s troubled life at home, he was forced to make a “quick sprint into adulthood.”

“I don’t want to cry ‘victim’ and he never has, per se, but I really believe that he was a 16-year-old victim of his own environment,” Sartain said. “It’s unfortunate that the counsel that he got at the time led him to have this label on him the rest of his life.”

It’s a label he couldn’t escape in his hometown of New Orleans, where as a high school student, he bagged groceries at Save-a-Lot until 5 a.m., went directly to school, then practice, then back to work. He couldn’t escape it when he came to Athens, Texas, and had his name printed in the local newspaper as part of the required community notification of his status.

But if he truly wanted to run from his past, he would have given up long ago. Instead, he’s choosing to face it, something Sartain hopes people will appreciate.

“I find it hard to believe that people cannot realize the resolve, the perseverance, the character and determination that this young man has had to get where he is,” Sartain said.

Thomsen points to the fact that his former player has had no run-ins with the law since his offense seven years ago.

“I have no fear in my mind of anything like that happening with Tony again,” Thomsen said. “I wouldn’t have brought him here if I had that fear. And I have no reservations about anything like that happening again in his future.”

The fact that the offense was committed as a juvenile means the odds are in his favor. According to a report published by the National Center on Sexual Behavior of Youth, adolescent sex offenders have a 5 percent to 14 percent chance of sexual re-offenses.

Dr. Fred Berlin, Associate Professor of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, and founder of the Sexual Disorders Clinic, believes that unlike adult offenders, juveniles are “highly treatable” and “rarely go on to become adult offenders.”

According to Berlin, who has treated juvenile sex offenders, in some cases a young offender must simply accept the consequences of his mistakes and learn how to behave differently in order to move on. Other times, more intensive treatment, such as medication, is needed to ensure they are not a threat to others, or even to themselves.

Berlin has been an advocate for shielding juvenile sex offenders from the harsh stigma and even humiliation that accompanies placement on local and national registries.

“We want adolescent sex offenders to go on and become productive members of society, but they can’t do that if we’re constantly throwing barricades in front of them,” Berlin said.

Berlin cautions that each individual must be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. But he says the fact that Washington’s wasn’t a forced act, that there was just a one-year age difference, and that he has not had any reported run-ins with the law since, suggests that as long as Washington has had the appropriate counseling, “the likelihood is very high that he’s going to go on and live a good, responsible life.”

Scouts Weigh In

One NFL scout, who asked to remain anonymous, isn’t so sure. He points to the fact that the 24-year old has already been divorced, which could suggest a pattern of broken relationships. “I worry about this kid. Whether it's that again or something else, he has a history of serious problems,” he said.

“What disturbs me is that I don't know if he sees anything wrong with it,” the scout added. “He said

http://www.sportsfanlive.com/roller/sflreports/resource/TonyWashingtonCombine.jpgwhere he comes from, this kind of thing happens all the time. I don’t think he’s at all ready for the rejection he's about to face once people find out.”

Another NFL scout, who also asked for anonymity, worries about the reception Washington would receive in the NFL. Despite his concerns regarding the sex-offender status, the scout said that Washington's performance at the Combine was unquestionably good and gave him a "second-round" grading.

“I’m not so much concerned with the incident. It happened seven years ago,” the scout said. “But I am concerned with his maturity level. He’s going to walk into an NFL locker room where it’s tough enough being a rookie, but this – this takes it to a whole new level. And I worry about how the media in whatever market his team is in is going to take this.”

Thomsen disagrees with the assessment that his former player is “immature,” saying he was a model citizen, and “never had any off-the-field incident or any problems whatsoever” at Abilene Christian.

Rather than preparing for the Combine at one of the trendy high-end training facilities, Washington chose to work out privately with former Ohio State linebacker Anthony Schlegal, who was the campus president for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

“He’s surrounding himself with good people,” Thomsen said. “He wants to succeed. And that’s what he needs.”

Washington’s choice of agent is also telling. Vann McElroy is not only a former NFL safety who won a Super Bowl with the Raiders, but he is also the son of a pastor.

“We didn’t put people like Anthony Schlegel in Tony’s life,” McElroy told SportsFanLive.com. “He reached out to them. He chose to go to Abilene Christian. To me that says a lot.”

According to a third scout, “He’s too talented not to get drafted. Plus there are a handful of teams out there who would give this guy a chance.”

Berlin agrees that Washington deserves a chance to play in the NFL, just as he believes other juvenile offenders deserve a right to move on with their lives after serving sentences for their crimes.

“We need to do everything we can to support those folks in turning their lives around rather than doing things that might act as an impediment,” Berlin said.

Sartain feels Washington could use it as a platform to potentially inspire others who have overcome personal struggles and bouts with adversity.

“I believe that in God’s plan for Tony, he’s going to turn all of this that’s happened to him and turn it into something very positive," Sartain said. "And I’ll stand right there beside him through it if I need to. I really believe in this man.”

Berlin echoed Sartain’s sentiment.

“I would like to believe that there are a lot of people out there who would cheer him on, and to the extent that he succeeds, be very happy that someone who has gone astray has really turned it around and made a success out of his life," Berlin said.

“His story is only in the early chapters – his book shouldn’t be closed prematurely as though it has to have an unhappy ending.”

The next chapter in Tony Washington’s life will be written the third week in April in New York City at the NFL Draft.

Rausch
03-12-2010, 10:50 AM
god damn that's f*cking awful. I really really hope that denver or oakland drafts him

I'm a sorry sombidge myself but that's just not something I could get over.

Chiefnj2
03-12-2010, 10:53 AM
If it was consensual how did the authorities find out and prosecute? One would think it was a recurring thing.

Baby Lee
03-12-2010, 12:19 PM
If it was consensual how did the authorities find out and prosecute? One would think it was a recurring thing.

Just a guess, at first it was the big belly, then it was the fetus that popped out of her cooter.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2010, 12:40 PM
My problem is that it appears that his excuse for this is a 'developmental lapse' or something that sounds and awful lot like code for 'half-wit'.

The kid sounds half-retarded. That's fine if he's going to be a d-lineman or even a LBer, but your lineman need to be of at least average intelligence, IMO.

This sounds a lot like one of those guys that simply isn't going to have the mental wherewithal to grasp an offense or take to coaching. I'm not going to dismiss the guy because he screwed his sister, I'm going to dismiss him because he sounds like he's as dull as a sack of hammers.

No thanks.

Lzen
03-12-2010, 12:42 PM
So if i'm 15 and my girlfriend is 15 and she decides to jump by bones for by 16th birthday. I'm then 16 and she's 15 so i'm heading towards being a registered sex offender?

wow ... the registered sex offender part is complete crap. They was less than 12 months between their ages. Stupid

but the "eww" factor just went sky high. :shake:

Yeah, I was thinking kind of the same thing. I mean, it is disgusting what he did. But how does that make him a sex offender? That status should be reserved for child molesters and the like, not 2 teens that are a year apart.

Lzen
03-12-2010, 12:44 PM
It takes 2 or 3 generations of incest before you get severe physical or genetic **** ups.

Judging by your location, I'm guess that you know this through first hand experience.

Lzen
03-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Hell, at least he kept it in the family?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wSDh94eQTAk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wSDh94eQTAk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lzen
03-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Mecca http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=6593763#post6593763)

I'm sure the school knew nothing about that. Sheesh, are people really this stupid or just taking any opportunity to bash religion?

Rausch
03-12-2010, 12:50 PM
My problem is that it appears that his excuse for this is a 'developmental lapse' or something that sounds and awful lot like code for 'half-wit'.

The kid sounds half-retarded. That's fine if he's going to be a d-lineman or even a LBer,

Wha........it is?

You just owned up to some super-stupid...
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/9357/bruce%20campbell.jpg

childpleez
03-12-2010, 12:59 PM
You know what they say about motor scooters... In this case though, better say barbie bike.

Chaunceythe3rd
03-12-2010, 01:01 PM
He could just tell them he ****ed their sisters too.

ROFLROFL

childpleez
03-12-2010, 01:03 PM
look at it this way. The kid still has a lot to live for. It's not like he f***ed his sister or something.

Contrarian
03-12-2010, 01:13 PM

You know what it says in the bib about f*ckin your sister?............

Don't!ROFL

Red Beans
03-12-2010, 01:27 PM
EEEEWWWWWWW...

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/327_1185755845"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param>><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/327_1185755845" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

Rain Man
03-12-2010, 01:28 PM
It probably came out during the Wonderlic when he hit Question 14:

"You, your mother, your sister, your daughter, and your niece are in a car. How many people are in the car?"

threebag
03-13-2010, 08:54 AM

Maybe it wasn't that good

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-13-2010, 09:32 AM
How the hell can anyone think that fucking your sister is OK?

Ask 'childpleeze'?

stlchiefs
03-13-2010, 09:47 AM

I highly doubt this. Word is out now and the press/paparazzi eat stuff like this up. Wherever he goes this will make it in the papers and the story is so sensational and crazy, people will be talking about it. Who else have you ever heard of that screwed his sister and has a kid with her?

stlchiefs
03-13-2010, 09:49 AM
They always said tying was like kissing your sister. I'm not sure how bad a game has to be to make it like screwing your sister.

- Disclaimer: I'm not reading all these pages to find out if this is a repost