PDA

View Full Version : Football Darrent Williams' killer convicted

DaFace
03-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Not sure how many of you guys care about this, but it's big news out here. I'm glad they will finally be able to call this case closed.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14655722

Jury finds Clark guilty in Darrent Williams murder

A Denver jury has convicted Willie D. Clark of murdering Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams.

Clark, 26, was accused of killing Williams and wounding two others early New Year's Day 2007 following an altercation outside the Shelter nightclub.
Prosecutors said Williams and his entourage were traveling in a white stretch Hummer limousine when they were ambushed by at least two gunmen in a passing white Chevrolet Tahoe.

Clark was facing 21 charges, including two counts of first-degree murder - one for murder after deliberation and one for murder with "extreme indifference." He also faces 16 counts of attempted murder, one each for the surviving passengers in the Hummer limousine.

Clark, who now faces life in prison, will likely remain for now in a metro Denver jail. He still faces another murder trial in the 2006 killing of Kalonniann Clark, who was a witness in an unrelated case against a Clark associate.

Jurors heard 11 days of testimony from more than 40 witnesses, many of whom were fellow gang associates of Clark who had reached plea agreements in other cases in exchange for their testimony. They deliberated for about 12 hours over parts of three days.

The prosecution's key witness, Daniel "Ponytail" Harris, had his prison time reduced from a potential life sentence to five years. Harris was the only witness to identify Clark as the man who shot at the Hummer limousine. Prosecutors said Clark was driving the white Tahoe, and shot a .40 caliber gun out the passenger window. Williams was struck in the neck by one .40 caliber bullet.

No fingerprints or gun residue was found inside the Tahoe, which was discovered several days later, the inside burned-out and the outside spray painted black.

Two star players for the Denver Broncos, wide receiver Brandon Marshall and pass rusher Elvis Dumervil, also testified for the prosecution.
Defense attorneys said Clark was a scapegoat for a group of drug dealers who wanted him to take the blame for the shooting in order to take the heat off their drug business

Clark's attorney's said Clark was not in the white Tahoe, and floated the theory that a green SUV - driven by and belonging to different men - could have been used in the shooting.

Before the verdict was read, Judge Christina Habas thanked Clark for his "conduct throughout this trial," and asked everyone in the courtroom to keep their emotions in check as the verdicts were read.

There was no audible reaction from anyone in the courtroom as the clerk read the verdicts.

Demonpenz
03-11-2010, 01:49 PM
dueces

Titty Meat
03-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Good. It's too bad he can't be tortured.

Bane
03-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Good.Even though the kid was Bronco,I'm glad that justice was served.

Reaper16
03-11-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm glad that there can now be some sense of closure to this tragedy.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Very good news. I hope the dude takes it up the pooper in the pen.

Garcia Bronco
03-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Got him on all 20 counts. To bad they won't kill him though.

rtmike
03-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Good riddance. Is there no death penalty in Colorado.

Thing is this Clark fella will use this to his advantage once he's in the maximum pen.

Mile High Mania
03-11-2010, 02:13 PM
It's good that the trial is over and justice was served... Darrent had a bright and promising career...

ClevelandBronco
03-11-2010, 02:17 PM

Thing is this Clark fella will use this to his advantage once he's in the maximum pen.

It's technically an option, but it's almost never used.

T-post Tom
03-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Very good news. I hope the dude takes it up the pooper in the pen.

He'll probably go into PC, but someone will find him.

orange
03-11-2010, 03:10 PM

"Does my state have the death penalty?
Yes, Colorado has executed 1 person since 1976."

Rooster
03-11-2010, 03:12 PM
That's great. I had lost touch with the story and didn't know there had been an trial or arrest for that matter.

easymobee
03-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Colorado has the death penalty, but its not utilized much. Nathan Dunlap is next, he massacred a bunch of coworkers after a shift at the Chucky Cheese. I work mgmt for a grocery store and I've been helping a store about 6 blocks from where this Willie Clark lived. Its interesting to see the local reaction out here. Not only the verdict, but the whole trial, he's proven to be an embaressment for this (ghetto) community.
Posted via Mobile Device

teedubya
03-11-2010, 03:41 PM
FUckin' idiot gangbanger dumbasses.

ClevelandBronco
03-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Colorado has the death penalty, but its not utilized much. Nathan Dunlap is next, he massacred a bunch of coworkers after a shift at the Chucky Cheese. I work mgmt for a grocery store and I've been helping a store about 6 blocks from where this Willie Clark lived. Its interesting to see the local reaction out here. Not only the verdict, but the whole trial, he's proven to be an embaressment for this (ghetto) community.
Posted via Mobile Device

I guess he is on deck. He committed his crimes Dec. 14, 1994. Sure takes a while to get around to carrying out the sentence.

Demonpenz
03-11-2010, 03:51 PM
that would be funny if someone killed him in person that was a denver fan

ClevelandBronco
03-11-2010, 03:53 PM
that would be funny if someone killed him in person that was a denver fan

Willie D. Clark has been sentenced to life in person.

Drew
03-11-2010, 04:24 PM
now that its all done there is only one thing left for justice to be truly served: do what that donkey fan wanted and award the donks a compensatory draft pick to them cuz they lost one of their loser players to senseless violence.

nfl-"sorry about your loss donks; here is a 4th rounder to use as you wish and draft a replacement p.o.s." believe it was found on a donks bb or in some sort of donk forum. someone actually thought they should get a pick!? un f'n believable.

Stinger
03-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Glad for the family that they might find some closure. Will not take the place of a loved one, but hopefully it will help them move forward. Also maybe it will serve notice to a few players to notice of what can happen and things do happen to athletes.

Chief Chief
03-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Willie D. Clark has been sentenced to life in person.

We all have as well...

Bwana
03-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Good! One less POS on the street.

DJ's left nut
03-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Unfortunately you can't kill him twice...

He'll probably be convicted in the other murder trial and they'll run the sentences concurrently.

In that event, justice won't truly be 'served' for one of the murdered persons. Mr. Clark will serve no more or less time than he would have had he killed only one of them. You can hope that they'll run them consecutively, but in a hippy state like Colorado, I'll betchya they won't.

HerculesRockefell
03-11-2010, 04:57 PM

It's virtually impossible to get unfortunately, that's why.

Capricorn
03-11-2010, 05:41 PM
It wouldn't have mattered, except for the family obviously. He has another trial slated for having a person killed, who was a witness to another murder he has to be prosecuted for. Their evidence is supposedly iron tight.