PDA

View Full Version : Blount a no show

LaChapelle
03-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Oregon RB LeGarrette Blount was AWOL for his school's pro day workout on Thursday.

Blount's no-show will erase the good will he earned with a strong Senior Bowl. He nearly threw away his football future when he sucker-punched an opponent early in the season, so the onus is on him to prove that he won't be a problem child/Rotoworld

Mr. Flopnuts
03-11-2010, 05:58 PM
How epically fucking stupid can you be?

Mecca
03-11-2010, 05:59 PM
I'd hold off and see what the story on this actually is.

BryanBusby
03-11-2010, 06:00 PM
I'd like to assume something is up. No way would he piss away his potential career just like that?

The Franchise
03-11-2010, 06:02 PM
What a fucking dumbass. Does stupid run through the Duck's water system?

Rams Fan
03-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Just hurts his draft chances.

Mr. Laz
03-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Just hurts his draft chances.big time unless he comes up with a super excuse

BossChief
03-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Wonder what the dealio is with this guy...first round talent UDFA head

Mr. Flopnuts
03-11-2010, 06:40 PM
What a fucking dumbass. Does stupid run through the Duck's water system?

Heh, in honor of RB LaMichael James' day in court tomorrow.

Fish
03-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Because I got high... because I got high.... because I got hiiiiigh..............

Frosty
03-11-2010, 07:09 PM
He probably wants to distance himself as much as possible from the Duck program.

BryanBusby
03-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Odd that Oregon would have multiple pro days, but this could explain why...

From Schefters twitter:
It could be that LeGarrette Blount wasn't scheduled for today. RT @Alex_Braga: There's another Oregon pro day next Thursday.
15 minutes ago via UberTwitter

KCrockaholic
03-11-2010, 07:14 PM
I laugh that someone could think he would be a UDFA whether or not he showed up at his pro day.

Frosty
03-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Odd that Oregon would have multiple pro days, but this could explain why...

From Schefters twitter:

They are trying to schedule around all of the players' court dates.

Mr. Laz
03-11-2010, 07:17 PM
I laugh that someone could think he would be a UDFA whether or not he showed up at his pro day.
it would be about him showing some serious mental issues

punching the guy
not showing up for pro day

a trend of immature and stupid acts

that said it could all be just a scheduling mistake and he could show up on the ducks next pro day. In fact, i'm sure that will be the reason given even if it's not the reason.

KCrockaholic
03-11-2010, 07:19 PM
it would be about him showing some serious mental issues

punching the guy
not showing up for pro day

a trend of immature and stupid acts

that said it could all be just a scheduling mistake and he could show up on the ducks next pro day. In fact, i'm sure that will be the reason given even if it's not the reason.

I see what your saying, but none of that will force him out of the entire draft. He will still be a 4th-5th round player. The thing is. If he goes to a team that runs the right system, he could be a major steal if he keeps his head on straight.

Mr. Laz
03-11-2010, 07:24 PM
I see what your saying, but none of that will force him out of the entire draft. He will still be a 4th-5th round player. The thing is. If he goes to a team that runs the right system, he could be a major steal if he keeps his head on straight.
i don't think he was going until the 3rd before this latest issue.

But you're right, he will be drafted by somebody.

BryanBusby
03-11-2010, 07:25 PM
They are trying to schedule around all of the players' court dates.

The sad thing is I had to stop and think for a minute that you could of possibly been serious. :)

MahiMike
03-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Probably smoked a blunt. Or punched somebody.

BossChief
03-11-2010, 07:35 PM

I dont think anyone has said he will be a UDFA...Ive said multiple times that I would take him in the fourth, he would give us one hell of a three headed monster.

If he did just totally miss his pro day and its not a schedule thing, he definitely fell at least a round because of that.

Saccopoo
03-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Toby Gerhardt or Blount?

Why would Blount even be considered if Gerhardt is on the board?

Mecca
03-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Bleh Gerhart is gonna go ahead of him not that he's even as talented.

Saccopoo
03-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Bleh Gerhart is gonna go ahead of him not that he's even as talented.

I don't know how you could say that. The guy had a monster combine and then consider his production at Stanford when everyone and their mother knew he was going to get the ball.

Gerhardt is a shit ton more talented than Blount, whose a nut job on top of his lack of production on the field.

Mecca
03-11-2010, 07:47 PM
I wouldn't burn a 2nd round pick to get Gerhart I'm sorry.

Saccopoo
03-11-2010, 07:52 PM
I wouldn't spend a second, but if he's there in the third, you might consider it.

Sure-Oz
03-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Adam_Schefter

Just as it sounded - and now confirmed. RT @caplannfl: RB LeGarrette Blount will be working out at Oregon's second Pro Day on 3/18. 6 minutes ago via UberTwitter

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Oregon RB LeGarrette Blount was AWOL for his school's pro day workout on Thursday.

Blount's no-show will erase the good will he earned with a strong Senior Bowl. He nearly threw away his football future when he sucker-punched an opponent early in the season, so the onus is on him to prove that he won't be a problem child/Rotoworld

That tinny flopping sound is that of a placard with his name on it being thrown off about 29 draft boards.

BryanBusby
03-11-2010, 08:20 PM
way to not read the thread

Frosty
03-11-2010, 08:39 PM
The sad thing is I had to stop and think for a minute that you could of possibly been serious. :)

Who says I wasn't? :)

Latest rumor is that Macstole-i is off the team, though I'll believe it when I see it.

Frosty
03-11-2010, 08:42 PM
BTW, the second pro day is stupid. Yesterday was Washington's, today was Oregon's and tomorrow is Oregon State's so it was convenient for the scouts. I doubt many scouts are going to come back to Spewgene in a week just to watch Ward and Blount.

DJ's left nut
03-12-2010, 10:14 AM
With the athleticism Gerhardt showed in the combine, the toughness he shows on film and the raw production at Stanford, this kid gets a first round grade if he's not a clean-cut white boy.

With Thomas Jones on board, we have bigger fish to fry. But if I were a team in need of a strong RB2 with RB1 potential (and virtually no downside), I'd take Gerhardt at the end of the 2nd without thinking about it. That kid's a player.

BigChiefFan
03-12-2010, 12:24 PM
LJ all over again. All the talent in the world, won't change his attitude. No thanks. I was a big fan of his play, but he isn't worth the trouble, at this point. He's a flake.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-12-2010, 02:10 PM
LJ all over again. All the talent in the world, won't change his attitude. No thanks. I was a big fan of his play, but he isn't worth the trouble, at this point. He's a flake.

He wasn't actually a no show. I don't know why he decided to wait until the 2nd OU pro day to workout, but that's what he did.

chiefzilla1501
03-14-2010, 09:48 AM
With the athleticism Gerhardt showed in the combine, the toughness he shows on film and the raw production at Stanford, this kid gets a first round grade if he's not a clean-cut white boy.

With Thomas Jones on board, we have bigger fish to fry. But if I were a team in need of a strong RB2 with RB1 potential (and virtually no downside), I'd take Gerhardt at the end of the 2nd without thinking about it. That kid's a player.

i think the argument is that he tries to barrel into all of his runs and that he built his numbers by overpowering much less powerful college defenders. He won't be able to do that on the pro level. He'll have to adjust his running style.

But I agree that he deserves a real good grade. The kid's also got a great work ethic and I think he could very easily be coached out of those bad habits. Might take 2-3 years, but it's worth a flyer. Not by the Chiefs, but by some team.