View Full Version : Whats everyones opinon about Todd McShay?

Titty Meat
03-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Someone said he has Clausen ranked the 36th best player.

Jerm
03-11-2010, 10:14 PM
He's a fucking idiot...

That about covers it.

Titty Meat
03-11-2010, 10:15 PM
He's a ****ing idiot...

That about covers it.

That's exactly what I told this person.

Mecca
03-11-2010, 10:19 PM
He doesn't like Clausen, next thing you know he'll talk about his cup size.

BryanBusby
03-11-2010, 10:28 PM
****ing moron that puts on far too much spray-on a tan.

He did the same shit with Mark Sanchez until basically right up on draft day, changes his mind all of a sudden and started riding his jock. I expect the same this year.

Saccopoo
03-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Someone said he has Clausen ranked the 36th best player.

I'd say he was being overly generous.

RealSNR
03-11-2010, 10:35 PM
I'd say he was being overly generous.:spock:

I forget, why again do you hate Clausen apart from the fact that you think he's a douchebag?

BossChief
03-11-2010, 10:45 PM
:spock:

I forget, why again do you hate Clausen apart from the fact that you think he's a douchebag?

He doesnt like him because others do.

Saccopoo
03-11-2010, 10:50 PM
:spock:

He's got no mobility, he makes his receivers work for the ball versus putting it were they can get it in stride, he's got really short arms and small hands and tends to wing his throws versus planting and directing them. He really only had one good season and seems to be a product of a system versus having elite intangibles that would make him a prospective QBOTF in the NFL. He also had two elite receivers to work with in college. He most likely will not have that level of talent to throw to at the next level.

He also comes off as a douche.

I think that he'll have serious problems at the next level in terms of dealing with a pass rush and making quality throws under duress. He's a fumble and interception machine waiting to get turned on.

As well, historically, early entry quarterbacks haven't fared well in the NFL and I wonder which Jimmy Clausen will appear at the next level - the one who tossed 17 picks his sophomore year, the one who got benched his freshman year or the guy who went for 28 TDs and 4 Ints his junior year.

keg in kc
03-11-2010, 10:53 PM
He's pretty much like all the rest of the draft experts. Bunch of wind.

BossChief
03-11-2010, 11:11 PM
fuck todd mcshay

Fish
03-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Turd McShit

Danman
03-12-2010, 10:37 AM
He's a ****ing idiot...

That about covers it.

This

B_Ambuehl
03-12-2010, 10:44 AM
A good rule of thumb is don't listen to any non-football people who form and speak opinions of their own. McSay and Kiper both fit into that group are both are hacks.

KCrockaholic
03-12-2010, 10:53 AM
I hate both Kiper and McShay. I used to have a lot of respect for Mike Mayock, but I don't even like him too much anymore. When I want "expert" opinions I search the web and see a variety of different views. But, rather than leech off those guys, I always try to form my own opinion on a player, and take Mayocks view with a grain of salt.

BigChiefFan
03-12-2010, 11:59 AM
I think some of the resident gurus are more informed than McShay. I've never understood how he got the gig, his picks suck.

Mr. Laz
03-12-2010, 12:27 PM
he's a guy with an opinion

Icon
03-12-2010, 01:21 PM
McShay is the suckiest suck that ever sucked. How he has a job at ESPN is beyond me.

KCrockaholic
03-12-2010, 01:24 PM
McShay is the suckiest suck that ever sucked. How he has a job at ESPN is beyond me.

Well you don't exactly have to be a genius to work at ESPN. I much prefer NFLN over ESPN unless I want some MLB action. In that case, I just tune to channel 213 and watch MLB Network.

Mr. Laz
03-12-2010, 03:37 PM
and yet ... he still knows more about the players in the draft, on a bad day, than you ever will.

GoTrav
03-12-2010, 06:33 PM
I love how Kiper has McShay pissing down his leg in this video

http://uga.fandome.com/video/109936/Kiper-Vs-McShay-Whos-Number-1/

GoTrav
03-12-2010, 06:43 PM
I think some of the resident gurus are more informed than McShay. I've never understood how he got the gig, his picks suck.

I still don't understand how he seems to be the number 1 draft guy now at ESPN. I actually enjoy listening to Kiper but McShay just seems to try and throw shit out there to go against the grain and make himself look smarter than everyone else. And has there been a QB McShay has actually liked in the last few years?

L.A. Chieffan
03-12-2010, 07:24 PM
wasnt he just a regular guy that started his own scouting thing on teh intrawebz like 10 years ago? Kiper makes him look like a moron most of the time

Mecca
03-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Mayock is even worse at this point, all of his rankings just read like a guy who will put outlandish shit up just to get people to mention his name.

BossChief
03-12-2010, 09:12 PM
I think Mayock gets paid by agents to raise their players artificial stock.

Ebolapox
03-12-2010, 11:07 PM
an idiot who gets paid much more than mecca :p

spanky 52
03-13-2010, 06:51 AM
Has anyone ever seen Kiper, McShay, Mayock Wright or the others come out after the fact and say, damn I was wrong about that guy? I usually have to mute McShay, he just annoys me.

B_Ambuehl
03-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Someone did a study of the accuracy of mock drafts and player rankings over the last few years by various draft tards. I can't remember where it is, but Mayock came out ahead. The ESPN tards finished way in the back.

The thing about Mayock is he ranks players according to what he sees, not what hears. I don't think any of the other draft tards even watch tape. They look at what other people (usually other non-football peopel) are saying and change things accordingly. Most of these ****s don't even know the difference between a 4-3 D end and 3-4 OLB.

I'll never understand the idiocy around mock drafts anyway. Even a good one is 70% wrong and all anyone ever foucses on (including the networks) are 1st round picks. How about the other 6 rounds? Turn on ESPN or NFL network and see how many clips they over show of some of these mid to late round prospects.

It pisses me off to no end on draft day when they spend the entire 2nd day of the draft sitting around talking about and interviewing guys like Tebow, (or whoever their day 1 darlings are) and barely even mention the guys coming off the board in rnds 4, 5, 6, 7. Be ready for about 8 hours of Tebow this year.

I wish someone would put together a website with video clips on 300 or so of the top prospects. Now I could get into that.

KCDC
03-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Someone did a study of the accuracy of mock drafts and player rankings over the last few years by various draft tards. I can't remember where it is, but Mayock came out ahead. The ESPN tards finished way in the back.

The thing about Mayock is he ranks players according to what he sees, not what hears. I don't think any of the other draft tards even watch tape. They look at what other people (usually other non-football peopel) are saying and change things accordingly. Most of these ****s don't even know the difference between a 4-3 D end and 3-4 OLB.

I'll never understand the idiocy around mock drafts anyway. Even a good one is 70% wrong and all anyone ever foucses on (including the networks) are 1st round picks. How about the other 6 rounds? Turn on ESPN or NFL network and see how many clips they over show of some of these mid to late round prospects.

It pisses me off to no end on draft day when they spend the entire 2nd day of the draft sitting around talking about and interviewing guys like Tebow, (or whoever their day 1 darlings are) and barely even mention the guys coming off the board in rnds 4, 5, 6, 7. Be ready for about 8 hours of Tebow this year.

I wish someone would put together a website with video clips on 300 or so of the top prospects. Now I could get into that.

I'd like to see that study.

I also agree that second day material gets awfully thin. They seem to love interviewing coaches and GMs about how excited they are with their picks from the first three rounds than focus on the value picks remaining, and why.

Ralphy Boy
03-13-2010, 04:49 PM
I hate both Kiper and McShay. I used to have a lot of respect for Mike Mayock, but I don't even like him too much anymore. When I want "expert" opinions I search the web and see a variety of different views. But, rather than leech off those guys, I always try to form my own opinion on a player, and take Mayocks view with a grain of salt.

I actually think Mayock is the best of the "analysts" on television. Watching the combine you can see that he knows what he's talking about but I think most of these guys get a big head and try to be smarter than the system. Mayock needs to go work for a team for a couple of years in the player personnel dept and then come back to the studio. He'd gain an appreciation and regain some perspective.

I do like Lombardi as well. I love how he'll tell shit about Al Davis.

Mecca
03-13-2010, 07:29 PM
This time of year when Mayock is giving his actual views of the players and the rankings he sucks ass, when his sources tell him who the teams like so he can do his mock, he's not bad at that.

Knowing what you're talking about and having accurate sources are not the same.

Chiefshrink
03-14-2010, 10:15 AM

THIS!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Reaper16
03-14-2010, 10:20 AM

His final mocks are the most accurate but that's because of journalism. His personal player rankings are becoming ever more dubious.