PDA

View Full Version : KU *** KU vs KSU, B12 Tournament Championship Game thread ***

Pages : [1] 2 3

ROYC75
03-12-2010, 11:04 PM
March 13, 5 p.m. KU vs. Kansas State Men's Basketball, The Sprint Center

o TV: Big 12 Network (Sunflower Broadband channels 8, 15, 207, 208 HD)
o Online: ESPN 360
o Schedules: KU | KSU
o Rosters: KU | KSU
o Stats: KU | KSU
o Series record: KU leads 179-90

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here comes the Kittens a third time.:KU:

:KU: Beak'em boys :KU:

Sure-Oz
03-12-2010, 11:05 PM
I predict if KSU wins we'll here a 'big 12 TOURNAMENT champs, big deal' we won the reg season #1 blah blah

:)

This game should be fun

ROYC75
03-12-2010, 11:07 PM
OK guys,I'm in Lexington for the State AAU Tourney, Kicks some butt tomorrow and I'll do all we can up here too. We have the talent to do something good, will we play like it is another question.

I may get to see part of the game, depends how long we take after our last game to stop and eat.

ROYC75
03-12-2010, 11:09 PM
I predict if KSU wins we'll here a 'big 12 TOURNAMENT champs, big deal' we won the reg season #1 blah blah

This game should be fun

Just another game, we already have the # 1 seed wrapped up, but winning is a lot more fun than losing.

A Kitten win could go well with getting a solid # 2 seed, they should be a lock for that, but maybe a higher one.

Let's face it, it's hard to beat a team 3 times in one year, rare to do it a 4th time.

Tactical Funky
03-12-2010, 11:17 PM
I'll be there tomorrow. I'm glad we're facing K-State again because I think we've looked a bit out of sync the past few games and what better remedy than playing a rival? Not to mention I think they'll provide better prep for the real tourney than Baylor (does Baylor even run an offense that doesn't involve Dunn jacking up anything and everything? Seriously). Either way, it'll be a hell of a game. :)

luv
03-12-2010, 11:19 PM
I'll be there tomorrow. I'm glad we're facing K-State again because I think we've looked a bit out of sync the past few games and what better remedy than playing a rival? Not to mention I think they'll provide better prep for the real tourney than Baylor (does Baylor even run an offense that doesn't involve Dunn jacking up anything and everything? Seriously). Either way, it'll be a hell of a game. :)

Where ya sitting?

teedubya
03-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Tickets from scalpers could be $250 a pop tomorrow.

Bearcat
03-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Tickets from scalpers could be $250 a pop tomorrow.

Yep... they were $150-200 today. That's not terrible for two games, but I'll just watch it on the big screen across the street if I can't find a good deal.... I must be getting responsible.

teedubya
03-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Yep... they were $150-200 today. That's not terrible for two games, but I'll just watch it on the big screen across the street if I can't find a good deal.... I must be getting responsible.

we paid $100 each for KU's #2000, win... which was a bit high, but I figured it was history, so I'm cool.

teedubya
03-12-2010, 11:34 PM
They were 21st row, behind hoops, but we moved to empty seats a couple rows back.

teedubya
03-12-2010, 11:35 PM
I was just thinking that I should be there tomorrow. KU is like 25-0 when I'm in attendance.

Silock
03-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Please go!

Bearcat
03-12-2010, 11:42 PM
I got there late today, so I was dealing with scalpers who were trying to make a profit off tickets they had paid $125+ for, and they wouldn't even budge after tipoff of the KU game... I'll probably head down there a couple hours early tomorrow and have lunch, wander around a bit. The cheapest on stubhub is $150... there's a pair of row 1 upper deck seats for $218, so if anyone wants to pay that much for the other one...... :)

~lied about that responsible thing

teedubya
Please go!

When you think of it, it's not THAT big of deal. Most of the games aside from Kemper and Sprint Center were at AFH... I'd bet many Jayhawk fans haven't seen a loss in person.

Tactical Funky
Where ya sitting?

I have no idea; my mom bought tickets for the whole fam over a week ago - I told her KU was a veritable lock for the championship game and she took heed - and I'm meeting 'em at the P&L at 2:30 tomorrow.

Silock
03-12-2010, 11:44 PM
When you think of it, it's not THAT big of deal. Most of the games aside from Kemper and Sprint Center were at AFH... I'd bet many Jayhawk fans haven't seen a loss in person.

I haven't seen one in person. Of course, that's because it's such a rarity :)

teedubya
03-12-2010, 11:48 PM
I haven't seen one in person. Of course, that's because it's such a rarity :)

certainly, so my 100% winning streak is very common.

03-12-2010, 11:52 PM
I was just thinking that I should be there tomorrow. KU is like 25-0 when I'm in attendance.They have never lost when I attended a game either. Too bad I can't swing it.

luv
03-12-2010, 11:52 PM
I have no idea; my mom bought tickets for the whole fam over a week ago - I told her KU was a veritable lock for the championship game and she took heed - and I'm meeting 'em at the P&L at 2:30 tomorrow.

Sounds like a great day. We got a Minsky's Pizza in Springfield. I've heard people say they like it in KC. And it just happened to go in next door to my favorite bar. I'm thinking of trying Minsky's for a late lunch, then walking over to my bar to watch the game. Unfortunately, my bartender will be off duty by then. :(

ArrowheadHawk
03-13-2010, 12:41 AM
I'm in vegas and won money on both KU and KSU today. I'm going to let my winnings ride on KU tommorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device

BWillie
03-13-2010, 02:41 AM
You guys really must suck at scalping tickets. You'll be able to find sub $100 tickets w/in an hour of game time pretty easily.

KC_Connection
03-13-2010, 04:54 AM
And KSU does what exactly? Let Pullen and Clemente shoot 3's all game in order for Kelly and Samuels to grab ORebs? That style of play is good enough to make them a #2 seed.

Good teams come in all sizes.

Fritz88
03-13-2010, 07:08 AM
Tourney play has not been encouraging. We better pick it up and crush the purple vaginas.

ChiefMojo
03-13-2010, 10:43 AM
I hope both teams play extremely well (of course KU wins) for the preparation for the NCAA tourney. In 2008 the BIG XII Championship game between Texas was awesome! That game prepared KU for about anything thrown their way in the NCAA's.

WilliamTheIrish
03-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Scalpers? Don't you guys ever order in advance?

teedubya
03-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Big 12 gets its dream matchup
March, 13, 2010
MAR 13
1:51
AM ET
Comment Email Print Share
By Andy Katz
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Big 12 has the perfect storm.

So, too does the NCAA tournament selection committee if it wanted to get a primer to hype up their main event next week.

Top-ranked Kansas and ninth-ranked Kansas State, the two best teams in the Big 12, arguably the two teams with the most passionate hoop fans in the Big 12, will meet for the Big 12 tournament title Saturday night at the Sprint Center.

There will not be a better atmosphere for a tournament title game in 2010. Kentucky-Tennessee in an SEC semifinal in Nashville could be epic but that’s a semifinal. This is a final with one team locked into the No. 1 seed, and another that still holds out hope to grab the fourth No. 1.

One team has dominated the series, the sport in the state, and has cast a major shadow over the other program for the past two decades. And now, for once, the overshadowed one has a chance to stand on its own.

“I’m telling you if there’s a better atmosphere then what you see here, I’ll quit my job,’’ said Kansas State coach Frank Martin in the bowels of the Sprint Center late Friday night after the Wildcats beat Baylor 82-75 in one semifinal. In the other, Kansas ran away from Texas A&M 79-66 in the second half after trailing the Aggies by three at the break.

Kansas State was a national player for decades, but when Kansas won the national title in 1988 the two programs went separately.

“They continued to move forward, we took a step back,’’ Martin said. “We’re trying to make it back so that all those great coaches and players who came through here can be proud. Our fans love basketball. Kansas fans love basketball. It’s going to be great for the state of Kansas. It’s going to be tremendous for us to be able to play for the trophy and to continue to build credibility as we make the steps with this program.’’

Judging from the sea of blue outside the Sprint Center prior to tipoff and the domination of the hypnotic “Rock-Chalk Jayhawk’’ chant late Friday night, you can only imagine how the Jayhawk nation will turn out for Saturday’s finale. Not to be outdone, the purple passion of the Kansas State fans, who arguably got just as loud and somehow seemed to be in as many seats as Kansas fans late Friday night.

“If you had to play Kansas in a best out of 10 with us or any other team in the country you’re probably not winning the series,’’ Martin said. “You get one crack at the big dawg so you’ve got to take advantage of that. That’s why we played a top-five schedule. We’re the second-best team in this league and we’re playing for a conference championship.’’

The Wildcats had two cracks at Kansas, losing in overtime in Manhattan and hanging tight at Phog Allen with 10 minutes left before the Jayhawks pushed forward for the win.

Kansas won the Big 12 by four games.

“This can make everybody in Manhattan happy,’’ said Kansas State’s Denis Clemente, a transfer from Miami who has quickly grasped how much the Wildcat fans want to beat Kansas. “This is what everybody there wants.’’

Earlier Friday, Kansas coach Bill Self talked about how focused the Jayhawks were in winning the Big 12 tournament title. He said technically the tournament champ is called the Big 12 champ. So if that’s the case ‘let’s go win.’ And that’s another motivating factor for Kansas State, as if playing Kansas wasn’t the obvious one. Kansas State can lay claim to a Big 12 title, something unfathomable probably to most. The last time Kansas State played Kansas for the conference championship was in 1981, when the two schools were in the Big Eight.

“This would be like beating up your big brother who is always beating up on you,’’ said Kansas State guard Jacob Pullen. “You’re finally all grown up and now you have a chance to beat them up. Kansas has been No. 1 or No. 2 since Naismith was there.’’

There is more at stake, as well. Kansas State firmly believes it can still be in the running for a No. 1 seed, or more importantly to be in Oklahoma City for the first round as a No. 2 seed. Kansas is a lock for Oklahoma City. New Mexico’s MWC tournament semifinal loss to San Diego State may have pushed Kansas State into Oklahoma City anyway. But K-State can certainly make that moot with a win over KU.

The No. 1 seed discussion could be interesting if Ohio State and Duke were to lose in the Big Ten and ACC semifinals, respectively, Saturday.

So much can change for Kansas State if it beats Kansas.

Kansas’ Sherron Collins said no one would be able to get a ticket for Kansas-Kansas State. A licensed ticket scalper said he thought tickets would go for $400 Saturday, hefty prices for here.

“They know us, we know them, and they’re not only the best team in our league, but the best team in the country,’’ Martin said. “We aspire to be that one day. We’re not on equal footing. I would say we’ve shrunk the gap and that the gap is a lot smaller than it used to be. But to be in the conversation with them we actually have to beat them on our home court. But we have a chance to play them for a conference championship. And that’s big time.’’

Yes, it is. And no other tournament title game can touch it this season. If the game can live up to the anticipation then it will be quite a sendoff for both teams heading into an NCAA tournament, where they could meet again in Indianapolis at the Final Four.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/tag/_/name/2010-big-12-tournament

teedubya
03-13-2010, 10:57 AM
You guys really must suck at scalping tickets. You'll be able to find sub $100 tickets w/in an hour of game time pretty easily.

Estimates are $300-$400

Mr. Laz
03-13-2010, 11:24 AM

This game should be fun
MUrons already gearing up to go full-on retard from their double wide trailers.

lightsout04
03-13-2010, 11:30 AM

ROFL

lightsout04
03-13-2010, 11:31 AM
I am happy to see this game tonight. It should be a good one.

Sure-Oz
03-13-2010, 11:34 AM

LOL, you guys take everything so serious

Bearcat
03-13-2010, 11:42 AM

That would be nice, but I doubt it... there are a ton of people down there, and you would be dumb to settle for less than $200/ticket at least up to tipoff. Tickets were being sold on stubhub yesterday for $160+ and that's what I found around the arena, too.... one guy dropped his price from $175 to $150 when I walked away, but it was 15 rows up in an upper deck corner.

There were several tickets around $200-250 on stubhub this morning, but they're now all gone. It's now $250+.

Mr. Laz
03-13-2010, 11:44 AM
LOL, you guys take everything so seriousYour the one who's gonna make a point of coming to a game thread, your team is not involved in, just to jack with people.

who takes it too serious?

Dante84
03-13-2010, 11:44 AM
First off, congrats to the state of Kansas. It is nice to have BOTH teams here doing so damned well.

I'm proud of my 'cats and excited for tonight. Jayhawks are hands down the better team, but that's why we play the games.

KU and K-State: The cream of the Big 12 crop. May we meet in the national championship, gentlemen!

Bearcat
03-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Scalpers? Don't you guys ever order in advance?

If I had known I was going to be in town, I would have tried harder to order them in advance... they were only ~$250 for all sessions, right? I paid a little over $400 for the ACC Tourney last year at face value.

Sure-Oz
03-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Your the one who's gonna make a point of coming to a game thread, your team is not involved in, just to jack with people.

who takes it too serious?

It was a joke, not like any fucking ku fan comes into mu threads. obviously i have a history of coming into ku threads to piss off people on purpose

Arsonist
03-13-2010, 11:56 AM
I'll be at the game. GO KU! :KU:

CoMoChief
03-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Don't worry guys I'm here.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-13-2010, 12:09 PM

he's right though...

Mr. Laz
03-13-2010, 12:14 PM
First off, congrats to the state of Kansas. It is nice to have BOTH teams here doing so damned well.:toast:

alnorth
03-13-2010, 12:18 PM
I'm proud of my 'cats and excited for tonight. Jayhawks are hands down the better team, but that's why we play the games.

You would lose a best-of-5 series, but they only play once tonight so who knows.

Mr. Laz
03-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Hopefully this won't be the last championship that KSU and KU play for this year.

:clap:

All State of Kansas National Championship Game 2010!! w00t!!

mikeyis4dcats.
03-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Hopefully this won't be the last championship that KSU and KU play for this year.

:clap:

All State of Kansas National Championship Game 2010!! w00t!!
not that it's likely, but would that be a first? (an all _____ state championship?)

boogblaster
03-13-2010, 12:36 PM
GO HAWKS

Bearcat
03-13-2010, 12:36 PM
not that it's likely, but would that be a first? (an all _____ state championship?)

No.

Dante84
03-13-2010, 12:38 PM

I'm sure North Carolina has had a few...

mikeyis4dcats.
03-13-2010, 12:46 PM
I'm sure North Carolina has had a few...

no, I mean in the NCAA. Unless you think UNC and NCState played for the NC.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-13-2010, 12:50 PM
No.

darn. Yeah, looking at the records, it looks like Cincinnatti and Ohio State played back to back in the 60s. I don't see any other years where schools from the same state met for the finals.

Braincase
03-13-2010, 12:58 PM
It's going to be a great game, but it's very difficult to beat a good team 3 times in a row... let alone 6 times in a row.

luv
03-13-2010, 01:00 PM

What if I have an apartment instead of a double wide? I'm not climbing on top of this building.

;)

Stewie
03-13-2010, 01:03 PM
What if I have an apartment instead of a double wide? I'm not climbing on top of this building.

;)

I seem to remember you owning some KU gear.

Bearcat
03-13-2010, 01:04 PM

LMAO

luv
03-13-2010, 01:07 PM

I had a t-shirt. Would you like to see my MU pj bottoms?

Stewie
03-13-2010, 01:13 PM
I had a t-shirt. Would you like to see my MU pj bottoms?

Is the tiger strategically located? :D

WilliamTheIrish
03-13-2010, 01:31 PM
... (does Baylor even run an offense that doesn't involve Dunn jacking up anything and everything? Seriously). Either way, it'll be a hell of a game. :)

So there are still people that really really believe this?

BWillie
03-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Why are there crickets on this thread so far?

cdirty
03-13-2010, 03:00 PM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2010/03/500x_custom_1268510741965_siboys.com.jpg

chiefsfan987
03-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Here's to hoping for a quick ACC game since this game is on ESPN :)

Bearcat
03-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Couldn't find pairs for less than $200/ea, had a friend who didn't want to pay that much (not that I blame him)... found a single for $150. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
03-13-2010, 03:21 PM
ROCK CHALK BABY!!

This game is gonna be some cereal shit, son.

ChiTown
03-13-2010, 03:27 PM
It's going to be a great game, but it's very difficult to beat a good team 3 times in a row... let alone 6 times in a row.

Well, I seem to remember KU beating KSU 24 straight.........

Bearcat
03-13-2010, 03:41 PM
I will now make my way through the arena screaming "SHOW ME YOUR SHOES, EMAAAAWWWW!' until I find WtI... so, be ready for that, William.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ceej
03-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Pretty cool article that was posted in this thread.

I feel dirty for blatantly admitting this, but I respect the shit out of Frank Martin.

Fritz88
03-13-2010, 03:52 PM
shit on mizzou

Boon
03-13-2010, 04:24 PM
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!
Put another ding in their L column.

Coach
03-13-2010, 04:25 PM
On a side note, its disturbing to see Purdue get blasted like this...
Posted via Mobile Device

kstater
03-13-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm so angry right now it's not funny.

teedubya
03-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Why are you angry?
Posted via Mobile Device

WilliamTheIrish
03-13-2010, 04:46 PM
I will now make my way through the arena screaming "SHOW ME YOUR SHOES, EMAAAAWWWW!' until I find WtI... so, be ready for that, William.
Posted via Mobile Device I'm havin.g trou le distinguishing you from the other people that overpaidf
Posted via Mobile Device

whatsmynameagain
03-13-2010, 04:55 PM
im at espn the zone in chicago right now. a few beakers here and 1 pussy!
Posted via Mobile Device

alnorth
03-13-2010, 05:00 PM
tipoff has been delayed 15 minutes to accomodate ESPN

CosmicPal
03-13-2010, 05:06 PM
tipoff has been delayed 15 minutes to accomodate ESPN

I'm not getting ESPN...it shows ESPN News!!! WTF!

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-13-2010, 05:08 PM

I'm getting the Ga Tech/NC State game, just under 2 minutes left

alnorth
03-13-2010, 05:08 PM
We probably want this georgia tech game to stay close all the way to the end (without OT). If someone gets up by 6 or so, we'll have a foul-fest at the end.

kstater
03-13-2010, 05:09 PM

Is the NCState game on local TV there? If so, then ESPN isn't showing the ACC game.

alnorth
03-13-2010, 05:10 PM
That stupid bastard who grabbed the jersey is going to end up costing us some of our game.

SPchief
03-13-2010, 05:12 PM
They switched mid game...Never seen that on ESPN before

Coach
03-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Nice flagerant foul. Dipshit should be tossed.
Posted via Mobile Device

alnorth
03-13-2010, 05:13 PM
They switched mid game...Never seen that on ESPN before

not nationwide, only for you guys who live close

BillSelfsTrophycase
We probably want this georgia tech game to stay close all the way to the end (without OT). If someone gets up by 6 or so, we'll have a foul-fest at the end.

So much for that, here come the fouls

CosmicPal
Is the NCState game on local TV there? If so, then ESPN isn't showing the ACC game.

It's on now. Whew.

Best of luck to you guys.

Go Hawks. Should be a doozy of a game.

kstater
03-13-2010, 05:14 PM
360 will have to do until this game is over.

SPchief
not nationwide, only for you guys who live close

Ah, They're just doing intros now

Coach
Wow. Lucky tip-in.
Posted via Mobile Device

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-13-2010, 05:15 PM
It's on now. Whew.

Best of luck to you guys.

Go Hawks. Should be a doozy of a game.

Keep us updated, we're stuck watching this crapfest for a while

teedubya
03-13-2010, 05:16 PM
They only switched the low def... Not HD
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure-Oz
03-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Goodluck to both teams tonight....definetly 2 great teams in the big 12

Lzen
They only switched the low def... Not HD
Posted via Mobile Device

I still see the ACC game on the low def ESPN.

Coach
GT and NC free-throw shooting is brutal...
Posted via Mobile Device

KCFalcon59
JFC switch this stupid fucking game!!!!!!

teedubya
03-13-2010, 05:19 PM
We should be okay, since thee is an official named Kelly Self. Should get all the calls. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Dartgod
JFC switch this stupid ****ing game!!!!!!
It's on ESPN standard def.

Coach
I still see the ACC game on the low def ESPN.

Switched for state of Kansas.
Posted via Mobile Device

SPchief
03-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Allerich gets fouled and only gets one

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-13-2010, 05:21 PM
airball

Coach
03-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Wow. There are going to be some people upset if this goes to overtime.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
03-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Kelly was hanging over his back ... so he has to to get the foul

SPchief
03-13-2010, 05:23 PM
state forcing their shots early...bs foul imo

Mr. Laz
03-13-2010, 05:23 PM
dammit ... KU can't catch the dam ball. :cuss:

Dartgod
03-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Traveling?

Mr. Laz
MM with a nice turn around jumper after Collins traveled.

Mr. Laz
Traveling?
yep imo

kstater
03-13-2010, 05:25 PM
Under 16

KSU 0
KU 5

Mr. Laz
K-state jumping all over that KU guard weave passing crap.

they know where the balls going

BillSelfsTrophycase
KSU ice cold

Mr. Laz
03-13-2010, 05:26 PM
game is ugly already

Mr. Laz
no t.v. timeout when the game isn't really "on" yet to begin with ROFL

teedubya
Game switched.
Posted via Mobile Device

teedubya
03-13-2010, 05:28 PM
With the 500 tickets so far? Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
03-13-2010, 05:29 PM
nice block, but we have to stop switching with our big men and leave guys wide open in the paint.

teedubya
0 for 10
Posted via Mobile Device

kstater
Nice d Wally.

kstater
Pretty close to GT

Mr. Laz
03-13-2010, 05:30 PM
that tap in was by Aldrich, wasn't it?

Aldrich made KSU first basket. LMAO

kstater
Moving screen

Dartgod
Pretty close to GT
Looked like it to me.

BillSelfsTrophycase
nice block

SPchief
03-13-2010, 05:31 PM
looks like the refs are gonna let these guys play

Mr. Laz
03-13-2010, 05:31 PM
CAN WE PLEASE STOP WITH THAT BULLSHIT TRAP CRAP!! :cuss:

all it does is give the other team an easy shot

Dartgod
03-13-2010, 05:32 PM
looks like the refs are gonna let the guys in white play
FYP

Mr. Laz
samuels slid under him

Mr. Laz
FYP
that's racist

Lzen
03-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Switched for state of Kansas.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not if you have satellite, apparently.

Mr. Laz
aldrich not under control

kstater
CK

BigOlChiefsfan
Tie game

SPchief
03-13-2010, 05:34 PM
good recovery by state

kstater
DC

GoHuge
Tie game! This is gonna be a good one!!
Posted via Mobile Device

BigOlChiefsfan
11-11

teedubya
Threeed
Posted via Mobile Device

SPchief
folks, this is gonna be a game

kstater
Under 12:

KSU 11
KU 11

teedubya
03-13-2010, 05:35 PM
This game is exactly what each team needs to prepare for next week
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
03-13-2010, 05:36 PM
love the intensity

GoHuge
Punch, counter punch.....getting after it!!
Posted via Mobile Device

alnorth
pretty entertaining so far.

Hey Big 10, this is how you are supposed to play the game called basketball.

kstater
03-13-2010, 05:38 PM
LOL

Junk

SPchief
03-13-2010, 05:39 PM
wtf?

Dartgod
03-13-2010, 05:40 PM
Wow. Samuels got mugged and they called held ball?

KC_Connection
This game is exactly what each team needs to prepare for next week
Posted via Mobile Device
I think so. KSU's tough, physical style should prepare them for a game with a Big East team.

Mr. Laz
Collins probably just needs to stop talking to the refs

kstater
6-1

kstater
03-13-2010, 05:41 PM
JAMSAM

dirk digler
03-13-2010, 05:42 PM
great game so far

Mr. Laz
03-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Hell is i'm KSU i would set a screen way up at the top of the key every time down the floor just to pull Aldrich clear out to half court.

Mr. Laz
03-13-2010, 05:43 PM
that guy just about yanked Henry's arm off on that rebound ball that went out-of-bounds.

kstater
03-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Under 8:

KSU 16
KU 19

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-13-2010, 05:45 PM
That was pretty

SPchief
FYP

Thats becoming a little more clear

teedubya
I like Henry's intensity today. He is paying solid d...
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen
03-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Wow. Samuels got mugged and they called held ball?

Pete?

Mr. Laz
03-13-2010, 05:49 PM
KU just not shooting well

Coach
03-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Great game so far.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dartgod
03-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Pete?
Meh. I have no dog in this fight.

teedubya
03-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Do that all day in to Aldrich
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
03-13-2010, 05:51 PM
Meh. I have no dog in this fight.sure you do ... try to stir up some crap. :D

Dartgod
03-13-2010, 05:51 PM
sure you do ... try to stir up some crap. :D
Well, I'd rather see KSU win.

GoHuge
03-13-2010, 05:53 PM
Aldrich makes Colon look as bad as he actually is. Can't wait till he's gone.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
03-13-2010, 05:53 PM
KU zone

kstater
03-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Under 4:

KSU 22
KU 27

Mr. Laz
03-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Well, I'd rather see KSU win.
then you have a small dog in the fight

tea cup poodle :p

the Talking Can
sick move by collins, that should have dropped

GoHuge
Cats are getting owned in the paint. We can't get anything going down low.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coach
I have to say, the officiaing is terrible all-around so far. Not impressive.
Posted via Mobile Device

petegz28
What was that last call? A foul in Aldrich or KSU?

Old Dog
03-13-2010, 05:56 PM
jump ball WTF?

Mr. Laz
sick move by collins, that should have droppedright now we need 2/3 attempts just about every time down to get the ball to drop.

ChiTown
LMFAO

These officials are pure horseshit

Mr. Laz
03-13-2010, 05:57 PM
What was that last call? A foul in Aldrich or KSU?foul on aldrich i think

holding

although in that football scrum i don't see how you can call it

petegz28
jump ball WTF?

They called that a jump ball? Aldrich was freaking pulling on him. OR so it seemed as he had his left arm wrapped around the guy pulling him back.

the Talking Can
right now we need 2/3 attempts just about every time down to get the ball to drop.

we miss more bunnies than any good team in history

Lzen
then you have a small dog in the fight

tea cup poodle :p

I think he holds his wife's purse, to.

:D

petegz28
foul on aldrich i think

holding

although in that football scrum i don't see how you can call it

I think his left arm shows a clear hold but I think they called it a tie up.

Mr. Laz
03-13-2010, 05:58 PM
LMFAO

These officials are pure horseshit
you don't like the foul call against Aldrich either?

Coach
What was that last call? A foul in Aldrich or KSU?

Jump ball, which was a bad cal.
Posted via Mobile Device

petegz28
Oh, ok they did call Aldrich. Good call. He should have been called.

dirk digler
KSU can't hit shit

Mr. Laz
Jump ball, which was a bad cal.
Posted via Mobile Device
wrong

Old Dog
I think his left arm shows a clear hold but I think they called it a tie up.

the one official clearly signaled a tie up/jump ball, but apparently they changed it

Mr. Laz
Oh, ok they did call Aldrich. Good call. He should have been called.:LOL:

kstater
03-13-2010, 05:59 PM
2 on Cole

dirk digler
wow nice job taking the charge against the big guy

KCFalcon59
LMAO...what the hell was aldrich thinking?

dirk digler
03-13-2010, 06:00 PM
KU has the best D in college basketball

teedubya
Air Aldrich
Posted via Mobile Device

Coach
Got to make those shots. Jesus.
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
damn...collins came up gimpy

the Talking Can
03-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Air Aldrich
Posted via Mobile Device

looked more like a plane crash

petegz28
:LOL:

It was a clear foul. I am not picking on the guy.

Lzen
LMAO...what the hell was aldrich thinking?

He was trying out for the backup point guard position. ROFL

ChiTown
you don't like the foul call against Aldrich either?

I'm not talking about that. Their fouls are touch and charges that they call. There is a ton of hatcheting going on - both sides - and they let that go.

Mr. Laz
damn...collins came up gimpygetting body slammed will do that

Reed got tackled too

kstater
03-13-2010, 06:02 PM
JAMSAM with 2 blocks

beer bacon
Taylor's gonna be good next year.

Coach
Wow. Pwnage.
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
03-13-2010, 06:03 PM
i am convinced the top 4 big 12 teams (a&m being the most susceptible) are going to do damage in the tournament...so much talent and crazy defense

Coach
Looks like some of the KSU players has a a case of Bobby Wade disease...
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiTown
Wow. Pwnage.
Posted via Mobile Device

people still use that? :LOL:

petegz28
03-13-2010, 06:04 PM
I think Frank Martin is going to have a heart attack before the game is over.

Mr. Laz
i hope Collins doesn't hold the ball til 10 seconds before the half

Pablo
people still use that? :LOL:I'm so 3 thousand and 8, that's so 2 thousand and late.

kstater
Get a stop here plz

BigOlChiefsfan
2 point game again

dirk digler
big shot

Lzen
03-13-2010, 06:06 PM
getting body slammed will do that

Reed got tackled too

I noticed that on Reed, too. Plus, Robinson got hacked on those blocks. Not that I'm complaining because they are letting both teams play physical. But certain fans that were whining about the officials earlier should realize these, too.

kstater
Halftime:

KSU 27
KU 31

I don't believe I've ever seen a half where one team didn't shoot 1 single FT.

petegz28
That looked like it counts

Mr. Laz
no good, bob

dumbass

petegz28
03-13-2010, 06:07 PM
No basket.

dirk digler
no good Bobby so stfu

Coach
Damn.
Posted via Mobile Device

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-13-2010, 06:08 PM
no good

KcMizzou
03-13-2010, 06:08 PM
"What do you need to do offensively to make more shots?"

"The guys who are shooting need to put it in the basket, rather than miss, Holly."

LMAO

KC_Connection
03-13-2010, 06:09 PM
KU hasn't played that well so far...I'd like to see a better half in the 2nd.

ChiTown
KSU didn't shoot one FT. KU shot 10

That seems fairROFL

KC_Connection

"The guys who are shooting need to put it in the basket, rather than miss, Holly."

LMAO

Loved that.

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-13-2010, 06:10 PM

LMAO

ROFL

I hate K-State, but it's hard to hate Frank Martin

Old Dog
I love Frank and his "interviews" going in at the half

Pablo

That seems fairROFLSrsly. A sympathy card is in the mail.

KC_Connection
03-13-2010, 06:11 PM

That seems fairROFL

Fair's got nothing to do with it.

kstater

That seems fairROFL

To be fair, it's probably logical that KU didn't commit any shooting fouls.

Lzen

LMAO

That sounded to me like "Bitch, don't ask me stupid questions". :D

petegz28

That seems fairROFL

I'm not saying shit....:)

ChiTown
03-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Srsly. A sympathy card is in the mail.

None needed. I fully expect when we play KU. It's hard to blow the whistle on your employer. I respect that.

Lzen
03-13-2010, 06:13 PM
To be fair, it's probably logical that KU didn't commit any shooting fouls.

KU apparently paid the refs more. :p

You guys need to step up your bribery game.

Pablo
03-13-2010, 06:14 PM
None needed. I fully expect when we play KU. It's hard to blow the whistle on your employer. I respect that.I loved Mel Gibson in The Conspiracy Theory too.

teedubya
Man I keep having this vision of ku vs uk in the national championship game.

Looks like kstate will most likely go into kentucky our syracuse bracket as the number 2. Probably syracuse. Purdue would be the number two in kansas bracket... That would be sweet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
I'm not saying shit....:)
look at all the MUrons that are suddenly Wildcat fans for a day

the Talking Can
03-13-2010, 06:15 PM
None needed. I fully expect when we play KU. It's hard to blow the whistle on your employer. I respect that.

pre-emptive whining

love it

how about taking it to the rim if you want a shooting foul.....just a suggestion...

KcMizzou
look at all the MUrons that are suddenly Wildcat fans for a dayGoddamn right.

Lzen
Man I keep having this vision of ku vs uk in the national championship game.

Looks like kstate will most likely go into kentucky our syracuse bracket as the number 2. Probably syracuse. Purdue would be the number two in kansas bracket... That would be sweet.
Posted via Mobile Device

KU would throttle Purdue the way they're playing now. But I doubt Purdue will get that far.

Mr. Laz
03-13-2010, 06:16 PM
KSU is one of the most physical, drag-the-game-down-into-the-mud type teams in the league and you guys are crying about fouls?

WilliamTheIrish
03-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Loving this gamne!
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
03-13-2010, 06:17 PM
look at all the MUrons that are suddenly Wildcat fans for a dayThey have to have somebody to pull for when their team gets knocked out in the first round. Might as well keep it local.

ChiTown
I loved Mel Gibson in The Conspiracy Theory too.

Seriously, dude, you would be losing your mind if KSU had shot 10 FT's to your 0. That's so unheard of with that types of teams we both have. If you think that was called evenly, I respect (given your disability) the fact that you can analyze the game in braille vision.

Old Dog
Any KSU fan that expected to get the calls is a fool. In all reality it hasn't been THAT lopsided.

Mr. Laz
Goddamn right.

:)i'm hurt, i thought we had something special :sulk:

Pablo
Loving this gamne!
Posted via Mobile DeviceYou're apparently loving you some drank as well.

Good deal.

ChiTown
03-13-2010, 06:18 PM
KSU is one of the most physical, drag-the-game-down-into-the-mud type teams in the league and you guys are crying about fouls?

No. I'm complaining that we haven't gone to the line - not once. It's BS. But hey, if it were reversed, I'm sure you would be mute.

Lzen
03-13-2010, 06:18 PM
Loving this gamne!
Posted via Mobile Device

Me too. Great game and fantastic effort by 2 great teams.

kstater
03-13-2010, 06:19 PM

Which would lead to reason taht they would have gotten to the line at least once. I'm not arguing that they haven't taken a lot of jump shots, but I am arguing that they've gone to the hole more than a few times and come up with nothing.

ChiTown
03-13-2010, 06:19 PM
pre-emptive whining

love it

how about taking it to the rim if you want a shooting foul.....just a suggestion...

Preemptive? Dude, it's 10 foul shots to 0. That's half time analysis.ROFL

Mr. Laz
03-13-2010, 06:20 PM
No. I'm complaining that we haven't gone to the line - not once. It's BS. But hey, if it were reversed, I'm sure you would be mute.
that's like someone complaining about being profiled by the police even though they are guilty.

WilliamTheIrish
started 0-9 but kinda righted the ship. A 2nd half like last would please me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen
Seriously, dude, you would be losing your mind if KSU had shot 10 FT's to your 0. That's so unheard of with that types of teams we both have. If you think that was called evenly, I respect (given your disability) the fact that you can analyze the game in braille vision.

Ok, that last line was funny. ROFL

ChiTown
03-13-2010, 06:21 PM
that's like someone complaining about being profiled by the police even though they are guilty.

:LOL: What?

WilliamTheIrish
03-13-2010, 06:21 PM
You're apparently loving you some drank as well.

Good deal.not @ all. 20 yrs clean and sober.
Posted via Mobile Device

teedubya
03-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Preemptive? Dude, it's 10 foul shots to 0. That's half time analysis.ROFL

They are gonna be 12 -0... It will match the 0-12 fg by ksu. So it's almost done, bro.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
03-13-2010, 06:23 PM
not @ all. 20 yrs clean and sober.
Posted via Mobile DeviceAh, that's cool.

Have fun man. And RCJGKU.