PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs State of the franchise:Chiefs

Quesadilla Joe
03-13-2010, 07:25 AM
Came across this on NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d816ebb79/State-of-the-franchise-Chiefs

Mike Mayock breaks down the coaches and discusses who he thinks the Chiefs should draft with the number 5 pick.

WhitiE
03-13-2010, 07:30 AM
who cares what mike mayock thinks?

talastan
03-13-2010, 07:42 AM
Mayock sucks, that said knowing our franchise I won't be surprised if they pick a LT. I'll be pissed as hell, but not surprised. :shake: I hope to Gawd that either Berry/Clausen/Suh are there to pick though.

milkman
03-13-2010, 07:48 AM
I just watched this on NFL Network an hour ago.

The NFL Network, with Mike Mayock as the primary evaluator, provides the best film breakdown of college prospects leading up to the draft, but don't waste time listening to that idiot while watching.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-13-2010, 07:52 AM
Thinks we take Bulaga as left tackle ,move Albert to Guard and Waters to center and with that one pick we've upgraded three positions. Something to think about. I guess we will just cut Weigeman again.

BigMeatballDave
03-13-2010, 08:15 AM
I watch NFL Network a lot and love it, but Mayock is fucking retarded.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bane
03-13-2010, 08:21 AM
I'm pretty sure 3/4 of the shit he says is what he hears on sports center anyway.:hmmm:

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Chiefs | Fraley to visit
Fri, 12 Mar 2010 15:32:17 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the NFL Network, reports the Kansas City Chiefs are scheduled to meet with unrestricted free-agent C Hank Fraley (Browns) Monday, March 15.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl#ixzz0i4BHF5la

Dave Lane
03-13-2010, 08:25 AM
I suggested this very thing a few weeks ago and was virtually tarred and feathered and called a complete moron by 90% of the draftubators. The nicest comment was you are retarded.

Jerm
03-13-2010, 08:29 AM
Hmmm no safeties brought in during FA...trying to rebuild the line through free agents...feels like Berry to me. If not, Clausen.
Posted via Mobile Device

spanky 52
03-13-2010, 08:35 AM
I could see this happening. Before the signing of NT Smith in FA, I was afraid they'd reach and take Dan Williams. Now that they've lost Smith and Alleman in FA, taking Bulaga and moving Albert to LG with Weigman as center is a distinct possibility. Will be interesting to see if they sign Fraley and Lilja. Waters is also due a l.5 million roster bonus if he's still on the roster Monday.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-13-2010, 08:44 AM
I suggested this very thing a few weeks ago and was virtually tarred and feathered and called a complete moron by 90% of the draftubators. The nicest comment was you are retarded.

People just don't know genious when they see it !

FAX
03-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Thinks we take Bulaga as left tackle ,move Albert to Guard and Waters to center and with that one pick we've upgraded three positions. Something to think about. I guess we will just cut Weigeman again.

It's possible ... and the strategy makes sense on some levels ... but I don't think so. The amount of recent, o-line related, FA activity would seem to indicate that the staff is thinking differently. Besides, I have a gut feeling that the coaches would really like to have a playmaker on the team.

FAX

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-13-2010, 09:02 AM
Just think how many playmakers we'd have if we had a solid OL.

I could see Charles breaking the all time season rushing record.

I could see Bowe and Chambers with 1000 yards each.

I could see Croyle be our QB since he'd actually be able to throw the ball without having to worry about breaking his vagina.

Bane
03-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Just think how many playmakers we'd have if we had a solid OL.

I could see Charles breaking the all time season rushing record.

I could see Bowe and Chambers with 1000 yards each.

I could see Croyle be our QB since he'd actually be able to throw the ball without having to worry about breaking his vagina.

ROFL
:thumb:

PhillyChiefFan
03-13-2010, 09:29 AM
It's possible ... and the strategy makes sense on some levels ... but I don't think so. The amount of recent, o-line related, FA activity would seem to indicate that the staff is thinking differently. Besides, I have a gut feeling that the coaches would really like to have a playmaker on the team.

FAX

I agree, and I'm tired of drafting DL/OL I want a franchise player that can solidify and unify which ever side of the ball he is on. If it is Berry, great, if it's Clausen great.

Whoever it is, I want to have that franchise player like TG and DT was. We need that again.

edit: DL/OL are vital to a team's success, and I know this. I just want a playmaker drafted #1 for us this year.

Chief Faithful
03-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Everything I've read from Haley leads me to believe Albert is the LT and they are not looking to change it. Given Pioli's history in the draft and the fact they are happy with Albert I don't expect the #5 pick to go to the OL.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Let me guess; dipshit said O-Line! Fuck these people. Fuck them in the ass. Quit trying to project fucking linemen on this fucking team every fucking year.

PhillyChiefFan
03-13-2010, 09:51 AM
Let me guess; dipshit said O-Line! **** these people. **** them in the ass. Quit trying to project ****ing linemen on this ****ing team every ****ing year.

Decaf man Decaf!!!!
:D

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-13-2010, 09:53 AM
Decaf man Decaf!!!!
:D

:D When they stop being morons, I'll switch.

PhillyChiefFan
03-13-2010, 09:55 AM
:D When they stop being morons, I'll switch.

Yea, I switched to Jack Daniels right after they took TJax last year....so I know what you mean
;)

PhillyChiefFan
03-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Everything I've read from Haley leads me to believe Albert is the LT and they are not looking to change it. Given Pioli's history in the draft and the fact they are happy with Albert I don't expect the #5 pick to go to the OL.

Did Pioli/Haley say they were satisfied with Albert? I hadn't heard that.

Hmm...that would allow me to look forward to the draft even more.

Mr. Laz
03-13-2010, 11:05 AM
it's hilarious ... if Mayock says take Berry at #5 people would start singing his praises but since he says take a LT at #5 then he's an idiot.

:shake:

Chief Faithful
03-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Did Pioli/Haley say they were satisfied with Albert? I hadn't heard that.

Hmm...that would allow me to look forward to the draft even more.

They said they were satisfied with his rate of development, he was doing the things they ask him to do, and he is part of the young nucleus, which is why I am led to believe. That is as revealing as the Chiefs front office gets.

milkman
03-13-2010, 11:11 AM
it's hilarious ... if Mayock says take Berry at #5 people would start singing his praises but since he says take a LT at #5 then he's an idiot.

The fact that he might agree with our opinion wouldn't change the fact that he's an idiot most of the time.

Mel Kiper has the Chiefs taking Berry at #5 in his most recent mock.

I congratulate him for making a good choice finally, but he's still an idiot.

milkman
03-13-2010, 11:15 AM
They said they were satisfied with his rate of development, he was doing the things they ask him to do, and he is part of the young nucleus, which is why I am led to believe. That is as revealing as the Chiefs front office gets.

But when asked about his future at LT, they were vague, at best, and fell far short of endorsing him as the LT going forward.

They like him as a core player, somewhere, but do not, in any way, apppear committed to him at LT.

DaneMcCloud
03-13-2010, 02:48 PM

Pretty much.

I sure hope he got a cut of Curry's signing bonus last year because without Mayock pimping him day in and day out, he'd have fallen to the bottom of the first or top of the second round.

He played like a third rounder.

Titty Meat
03-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Pretty much.

I sure hope he got a cut of Curry's signing bonus last year because without Mayock pimping him day in and day out, he'd have fallen to the bottom of the first or top of the second round.

He played like a third rounder.

No way Curry is good. We can't keep passing up all these good linebackers we better draft McClain.

Kerberos
03-13-2010, 03:04 PM
who cares what mike mayock thinks?

I just watched this on NFL Network an hour ago.

The NFL Network, with Mike Mayock as the primary evaluator, provides the best film breakdown of college prospects leading up to the draft, but don't waste time listening to that idiot while watching.

BlowMo thinks Mayock and Schefter are football GODS when IMO they are a couple of hacks.

FAX
03-13-2010, 04:07 PM
I haven't been following Curry's career (the linebacker, I mean). I know he was selected by the Seahawks (at least, I think I know that). And, I know that a lot of people on this board wanted us to draft him.

I would appreciate it if someone who knows the situation would provide some information ... is he the studly NFL linebacker some people expected him to be?

FAX

Saccopoo
03-13-2010, 04:15 PM

Draft a left tackle and move Albert, who was playing extremely well in the last game of the season, to guard? That's a complete waste of his athleticism and potential. You think Herm and Carl would have drafted him in the first round as a college guard if he didn't have All Pro potential as a left tackle? Besides, he had to deal with that huge 20 lbs. weight loss. That takes a whole season plus to get use to that level of mass distribution. He wasn't used to the new found agility and foot speed resulting from the lost weight.

Your fucking retarded.

Saccopoo
03-13-2010, 04:18 PM
I agree, and I'm tired of drafting DL/OL...

edit: DL/OL are vital to a team's success, and I know this. I just want a playmaker drafted #1 for us this year.

We haven't drafted an offensive lineman but ONCE in the past ten years in the first three rounds of the draft.

You must have a really low exertion threshold if that makes you tired.

PhillyChiefFan
03-13-2010, 04:49 PM
We haven't drafted an offensive lineman but ONCE in the past ten years in the first three rounds of the draft.

I said DL/OL. Though I should have said I'm tired of DL picks. TJackson, Dorsey, McGee, McBride, Tank Tyler, Hali, Savaii, Fatman Sims, Downing, Freeman...etc etc.

I just said I'm tired of it, I'm not saying that I wouldn't be happy with a solid pick like Okung. I just would like to have a stud playmaker roaming the backfield to stop the deep ball.

boogblaster
03-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Well everything starts with a OL and DL ..

RealSNR
03-13-2010, 07:39 PM
I suggested this very thing a few weeks ago and was virtually tarred and feathered and called a complete moron by 90% of the draftubators. The nicest comment was you are retarded.I'll be nicer.

You are not smart.

BarrySPAMAID
03-13-2010, 07:52 PM
Came across this on NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d816ebb79/State-of-the-franchise-Chiefs

Mike Mayock breaks down the coaches and discusses who he thinks the Chiefs should draft with the number 5 pick.

This was obviously taped before the Wiegmann signing. I dont see the Chiefs drafting a left tackle in the first round. Albert is the left tackle, book it.

Mecca
03-13-2010, 07:54 PM
If the Chiefs come out and draft a bunch of offense I'm just going to facepalm, this is the defensive draft, last year was the offensive draft, but hey that didn't stop them then.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-13-2010, 08:11 PM
If the Chiefs come out and draft a bunch of offense I'm just going to facepalm, this is the defensive draft, last year was the offensive draft, but hey that didn't stop them then.

Last years draft fell on opposite day.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-13-2010, 08:41 PM
Yea, I switched to Jack Daniels right after they took TJax last year....so I know what you mean
;)

The fact that he might agree with our opinion wouldn't change the fact that he's an idiot most of the time.

Mel Kiper has the Chiefs taking Berry at #5 in his most recent mock.

I congratulate him for making a good choice finally, but he's still an idiot.

These to infinity.

BigMeatballDave
03-13-2010, 08:44 PM

:shake:There is nothing hilarious about it. Taking a LT at #5 is dumb.

BigMeatballDave
03-13-2010, 08:55 PM

:rolleyes: You do not NEED to have 1st rounders all long the OL, with except maybe LT, which we currently have.

Nightfyre
03-13-2010, 08:57 PM

But we have traded a first rounder for an o-lineman....

Mr. Arrowhead
03-13-2010, 11:13 PM
how the hell can Mayock not rate Berry as the top rated safety, is this fucker getting blind.

PHOG
03-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Sorry... I... can't.... stay.....a.......wa..ke...BIPA

Saccopoo
03-14-2010, 12:16 AM

I fail to see how last years draft was the "offensive" draft. Who in last years draft, "offensively" made it substantially better than this years?

Josh Freeman was the third quarterback off the board. Darrius Bey was the first receiver taken. Jason Smith was the first tackle taken. (Andre Smith was the second.) Knowshon Moreno was the first RB.

Other than Alex Mack and possibly Matt Stafford (who was being argued at the time along with Sam Bradford in terms of best quarterback), there isn't an offensive player in last years draft that is better comparably to the players in this years draft positionally.

In fact, I'll be surprised if this years defensive players are able to achieve the same level of recognition as last years defensive players considering the rookie achievements of Brian Orakpo, Clay Matthews, Brian Cushing, Jairus Byrd, Ziggy Hood, Louis Delmas, Dave Veikune, Laurinaitis, Sintim, Kruger, Maualuga, Raji, etc.

I'd say that last years class defensively is light years ahead of the offensive players.

And looking at this draft class versus last years draft class, this years draft class has a lot more to offer in terms of offensive players and depth at almost every offensive position versus last years draft.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-14-2010, 12:29 AM
No.