PDA

View Full Version : Life A message to the guy in the pickup towing the camper trailer in Park County today.

Rain Man
03-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Dear sir,

I really enjoyed driving behind you for 40 miles today on that winding mountain road. I learned every detail about the rear of your camper trailer, and will now recognize it any time I ever see it again. The fact that you hadn't cleaned the snow off of your trailer even made it exciting at times. It was kind of like being the Millennium Falcon in the meteor storm when those big clumps of snow would fall off of it.

I have a question for you, though. Did you notice all of those cars behind you? Those cars that couldn't pass you because there were only about three spots in 40 miles that weren't lined as double-yellow-die-if-you-try-to-pass?

What did you think about those cars? Did you wonder why you had a bunch of them behind you? Did you wonder why I, in the car directly behind you, kept creeping into the opposite lane to scout for an opportunity, any opportunity to pass?

And most importantly, what did you think about those big wide pulloff areas every couple of miles? Just for information purposes, those pulloff areas exist so that slow traffic can pull over if they're gumming up transportation for everyone else in the county. What do you think about that? Does it sound like a good concept? Does it sound reasonable that a driver...say, towing a trailer and driving 45 mph and randomly tapping their brakes in a 55-mph zone, causing a chain reaction of braking among the 20 cars behind it, might pull off at one of those and let all the 55-mph traffic pass them?

And I know it looked like there was a lot of traffic on the road, but trust me: those 20 cars behind you were only there because of you. The road's not really that busy.

By the way, just for information purposes, there were sure a lot of those pulloffs, weren't there? In fact, it would appear that you passed roughly 20 of those pulloff lanes in the 40-mile stretch where I was behind you.

While I'm here, let's talk about one other thing: those three tiny areas that weren't double-yellows. Yes, I could have passed you in perfect conditions. However, and I'm sure this wasn't intentional, but every time one of those areas came up, you and your trailer meandered over and rode the white line. This means that I can't see around you to determine if it's safe to pass. Your truck and trailer and the ATV you were carrying? Tall. My car? Not. Do you see the problem? In the future, please move to the right side of the lane when you're blocking traffic so that cars can see around you to pass. I understand that this might have taken you dangerously close to the pulloff area that you avoided so rigorously, but nonetheless it would have been a good idea.

So next time you're going under the speed limit on a curvy mountain road, would you mind looking behind you once in a while and perhaps using those pulloff lanes? Thanks in advance.

Bane
03-13-2010, 07:43 PM
ROFL Been there as well,well not on a mountain,but it was a very big hill.
rep

Bugeater
03-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Heh, I got stuck behind some a-hole like that coming out of RMNP one time, the dickhead had his bitch wife following him in a Suburban running interference so I couldn't get close enough to pass him. I soooo wanted to stop and give them a piece of my mind once they did finally stop but the Mrs was threatening to divorce me if I did.

Cntrygal
03-13-2010, 07:45 PM
I can't stand people like that. Alaska has a wonderful law where if they have 5 cars (at least it was 5 in the 90s when I lived there), that requires them to pull off the road.

cdcox
03-13-2010, 07:54 PM
I too was on the highway today and experienced a traffic delay for about 30 minutes. I was east bound on an urban interstate. In the west bound lane four pickups were pulled over. Each pickup truck had a refrigerator in the back, and each one was towing another vehicle. It was quite a spectacle, but not one that I would wait in line for 30 minutes to see. I'm not sure why they were pulled over but they basically burnt a month of man hours in the traffic jam they caused.

JD10367
03-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Very nice post. If it were me, it would've been a lot shorter.

Dear Ma'am,

I apologize for running your husband off the road and strangling him to death. Alas, he was an idiot and, in the immortal words of Hannibal Lechter, killing him was the best thing for him, really.

Rain Man
03-13-2010, 08:01 PM
I too was on the highway today and experienced a traffic delay for about 30 minutes. I was east bound on an urban interstate. In the west bound lane four pickups were pulled over. Each pickup truck had a refrigerator in the back, and each one was towing another vehicle. It was quite a spectacle, but not one that I would wait in line for 30 minutes to see. I'm not sure why they were pulled over but they basically burnt a month of man hours in the traffic jam they caused.

Was the delay just gawker-related? Are refrigerator-carrying pickups really unusual in your region or something?

Bwana
03-13-2010, 08:07 PM
I run into a few of these idiots everytime I go up to Cooke City. I always have a very large hand gun with me. If the douche bag starts passing pull off areas, I place the hand gun in the front window of my super duty. I have yet for anyone to not "get the hint" with that technique.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Huh. That's weird. I was pulling a trailer around a mountain with a windy road and there was some sum bitch riding my ass. I could only go about 45 cause I was getting a BJ from the misses and didn't want to pull over and let people see what was going on. Them cars were stackin up behind me but what the hell.

cdcox
03-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Was the delay just gawker-related? Are refrigerator-carrying pickups really unusual in your region or something?

Yep, gawkers. All four of them were close together so it kind of looked like there might have been an 8 vehicle pile up as you approached it.

JOhn
03-13-2010, 08:49 PM
I run into a few of these idiots everytime I go up to Cooke City. I always have a very large hand gun with me. If the douche bag starts passing pull off areas, I place the hand gun in the front window of my super duty. I have yet for anyone to not "get the hint" with that technique.

THIS to infinity!!!!!!!!

One thing I hate about F***ING RV's, they NEVER pull over at the turn outs. Maybe it's the fact the 90-% are driven by 80+y/o men who can't see over the steering wheel. :#

The one major agitation about living in mountain country & tourist visiting

Bane
03-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Huh. That's weird. I was pulling a trailer around a mountain with a windy road and there was some sum bitch riding my ass. I could only go about 45 cause I was getting a BJ from the misses and didn't want to pull over and let people see what was going on. Them cars were stackin up behind me but what the hell.

ROFL

Duck Dog
03-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Try driving around here during planting season and harvest.

rtmike
03-13-2010, 10:33 PM
Perfect opportunity to show someone they're #1 when they finally do yield or make one of those, "I think this person's drunk since they're all over the road" call.

KcMizzou
03-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Try driving around here during planting season and harvest.Yeah, complain when you're stuck behind a friggin tractor or combine.

CosmicPal
03-13-2010, 10:58 PM
LOL, Rainman. I can only imagine you were driving I-70 and if it was during the weekend...well, you know how traffic can be on weekends on I-70 in the mountains. They really need to do something about that. I stopped skiing after awhile 'cause the traffic was just horrendous at times- add in inclement weather on top of that, and you're lucky if you get back to Denver under 3 hours.

chefsos
03-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Think you could remember and describe all the stickers on the back of the RV? They had to be there, as it's a known fact that they are the sure indicator of an idiot behind the wheel.

BIG K
03-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Sorry Kevin....I did not have my mirrors extended out so I did not see you until you passed me at the stoplight. Besides, I drank a 12 pack during that stretch and prolly wouldn't have seen you anyway.....

03-13-2010, 11:26 PM
Damn RM, you are too nice.

Phobia
03-14-2010, 01:22 AM
I'd have tapped his trailer. Really. He'd have pulled off quickly.

But this is why I want to live in the hill country of Texas. Those people move out of the way.

BIG K
03-14-2010, 01:32 AM
I'd have tapped his trailer. Really. He'd have pulled off quickly.

But this is why I want to live in the hill country of Texas. Those people move out of the way.

Would not that be considered road rage even where you live? Out here in California, Road Rage is defined by the one who fired the second shot.....

:thumb:

Frazod
03-14-2010, 01:42 AM
I remember getting stuck behind some cocksucker in a BMW going 20 mph through Yosemite that wouldn't pull over in the pullout areas. Impossible to pass, and since there were a couple of cars between me and him, I couldn't bright him or do anything else obnoxious. I (and several other drivers) did strenuously flip him off and scream at him when I finally got to the dual lanes in the valley.

It should be legal to kill people like that. :bang:

BIG K
03-14-2010, 01:52 AM
I remember getting stuck behind some one who sucks the penis in a BMW going 20 mph through Yosemite that wouldn't pull over in the pullout areas. Impossible to pass, and since there were a couple of cars between me and him, I couldn't bright him or do anything else obnoxious. I (and several other drivers) did strenuously flip him off and scream at him when I finally got to the dual lanes in the valley.

It should be legal to kill people like that. :bang:

What is the line by Bo Jackson? "I kill animals because it is illegal to kill stupid people"?

Frazod
03-14-2010, 02:01 AM
What is the line by Bo Jackson? "I kill animals because it is illegal to kill stupid people"?

Never heard that one.

But I like it. :evil:

HotRoute
03-14-2010, 02:21 AM
ever heard of a "bump-draft"?

Rukdafaidas
03-14-2010, 05:58 AM
I was talking to a trucker one day and he made a good point.
He said, I have to keep an accurate log of the miles I drive in a day. It's against the law for me to drive over 500 miles. But, an 85 year-old man can drive a 50 foot RV 1,000 miles a day if he wants.

Norman Einstein
03-14-2010, 06:06 AM
THIS to infinity!!!!!!!!

One thing I hate about F***ING RV's, they NEVER pull over at the turn outs. Maybe it's the fact the 90-% are driven by 80+y/o men who can't see over the steering wheel. :#

The one major agitation about living in mountain country & tourist visiting

the guy rainman is talking about wasn't 80, he was 25. He didn't pull over because he was texting.:)

Chiefs=Champions
03-14-2010, 06:23 AM
is it wrong if i laugh at your misfortune?? :)

rockymtnchief
03-14-2010, 09:19 AM

Yep, me too. Everytime, some dumbass turns my nice scenic trip into a teeth grinding, mind numbing, cussing experience.