PDA

View Full Version : Football Tomlinson to the Jets

Captain Obvious
03-14-2010, 04:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4994748

Marco Polo
03-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Still don't get why Jets even wanted him when they already have Washington and Greene.

Bowser
03-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Still don't get why Jets even wanted him when they already have Washington and Greene.

:spock:

LT will thrive in a part time role behind that O-Line, not to mention the whole mentoring bit with both Washington and Greene. Christ, that's a nightmare for a defense to look at Washington and LT in a split backfield on 3rd and 5.

LaChapelle
03-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Childress put on his best dress and everything...

Bane
03-14-2010, 04:51 PM

Well I've got a really nice riding mower,but if you try to sell me a decent push mower for $25,I'll prob take it.ROFL

Seriously though LT should be a nice add on with the way the Jets like to run the ball.

Pablo
03-14-2010, 04:56 PM
LT just realized SD was never going to make it over the hump with Norv at the helm.

Buck
03-14-2010, 05:21 PM
It had to be the Jets.

I had said I would buy his jersey no matter what team he went to unless it was Denver, Oakland, or New England, but I don't think I can own a Jets jersey.

Basileus777
03-14-2010, 05:29 PM
:spock:

LT will thrive in a part time role behind that O-Line, not to mention the whole mentoring bit with both Washington and Greene. Christ, that's a nightmare for a defense to look at Washington and LT in a split backfield on 3rd and 5.

Not really. Tomlinson isn't even a good receiver anymore, linebackers don't have trouble covering him. That formation doesn't even sound useful outside of max protect/blitz pickup situations. I don't really know what kind of leadership he can really provide either, but Thomas Jones was a team leader and very popular in the LR.

It's not really a big deal, Tomlinson could be a decent backup RB, but not much more than that. He was one of the worst RBs in the league last year.