PDA

View Full Version : Life 13.1 and 1000

Dallas Chief
03-14-2010, 07:37 PM
So I have been trying to figure out the best way to use post 1000th post so I thought I would share with my fellow planeteers what I have been up to lately. I mean, it has only taken me eight years to get to this point. I guess I had been suffering from the dreaded Internets Social Anxiety Disorder-or I-SAD as we call it in our support groups.:doh!:

Anyhow, about 4 months ago I decided to start training for a couple of half-marathons that were going to be held here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I finished the second one today, the first one was two weeks ago. I have to say that I have surprised myself at the kind of shape I have been able to keep. I was really whipped after the first one, but I feel suprisingly OK tonight, other than a few nagging blisters on my feet- Please no requests for feet pics.:p The other thing that is kind of cool is that in both races I have finished in the top 25% of all runners and at least the top third in my age group.

Well, I just wanted to share and do a little self-congratulating on hitting 1k. Finally...

Rain Man
03-14-2010, 07:39 PM
Cool, congrats. What are your times? You must be faster than me. I just ran one yesterday and also did another one two weeks ago, so we're on the same schedule.

Cntrygal
03-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Congratulations!!!!!

teedubya
03-14-2010, 08:01 PM
ISAD? It's called that, really? Now are... UHAPPY?

sorry. lol.

Congrats on the 13.1

I just finished a .1, well, almost finished.

Buehler445
03-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Congratulations dude. That's a big deal. I used to run cross country. Now I'm fat.

Dallas Chief
03-14-2010, 11:04 PM
Congratulations dude. That's a big deal. I used to run cross country. Now I'm fat.

Actually I used to run CC as well, in both high school and college, but that was 60 pounds ago for me. I am much slower these days due to the- ahem- extra baggage.

Dallas Chief
03-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Cool, congrats. What are your times? You must be faster than me. I just ran one yesterday and also did another one two weeks ago, so we're on the same schedule.

I ran 1:57:17 two weeks ago on a very hilly course and 1:52:55 today on a realtively flat course today. Today was actually kind of fun.

Rain Man
03-15-2010, 12:14 AM
Darn good times. My best is 2:06.

ziggysocki
03-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Good work. Half is a fun distance. I want to try and break 1:40 in June. I have only race in one half (1:41 and some change), but I run the distance a lot. I wish there were more halves closer to me... Congrats, Enjoy and have a great spring race season.

Lumpy
03-15-2010, 08:14 AM
Congrats! :D

Oh and...
If you make a thread to celebrate your 1000th post, you will look like a dumbass. /Gonzo

:p

Gonzo
03-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Congrats! :D

Oh and...
If you make a thread to celebrate your 1000th post, you will look like a dumbass. /Gonzo

:p

Have I said that before? It sounds like something I'd say.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
03-15-2010, 08:24 AM

:LOL:

Lumpy
03-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Have I said that before? It sounds like something I'd say.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah. You said it to me when I hit 1000.

Ass.

rageeumr
03-15-2010, 08:27 AM
Darn good times. My best is 2:06.

Ya, but you run in the mountains like a crazy person.

Dallas Chief
03-15-2010, 09:46 AM
This was the race I ran yesterday. Happened about 5 minutes before I finished.. Scary stuff....:(

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/DN-marathon_15met.ART0.State.Edition2.4b9ebf6.html

Buehler445
03-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Actually I used to run CC as well, in both high school and college, but that was 60 pounds ago for me. I am much slower these days due to the- ahem- extra baggage.

60 pounds ago for me too. :D

I didn't have much of a cross country body, I was 6'3 190, I was the biggest fucker out there.

I've tried to get back into running, but my knees are shit and if I can keep them together, I get shin splints real bad, so I have to try to vary my workouts. But then we get busy out here and I don't get it done. It'd sure be easier to just get in a habit of running a few miles each night. But I need to do something to get in some kind of shape.

Dallas Chief
03-15-2010, 11:30 AM
60 pounds ago for me too. :D

I didn't have much of a cross country body, I was 6'3 190, I was the biggest ****er out there.

I've tried to get back into running, but my knees are shit and if I can keep them together, I get shin splints real bad, so I have to try to vary my workouts. But then we get busy out here and I don't get it done. It'd sure be easier to just get in a habit of running a few miles each night. But I need to do something to get in some kind of shape.

It sure isn't easy at my age and weight (190 lbs) but I have forced myself to do it. Did you run in high school and college or???

Buehler445
03-15-2010, 12:40 PM
It sure isn't easy at my age and weight (190 lbs) but I have forced myself to do it. Did you run in high school and college or???

Just high school. I wasn't near good enough to run in college. I probably could have, but it would have been for a shit program and it would allow me to go get my ass beat down every meet.

I guess my point is, I applaud you, bud. Keep up the good work!
Posted via Mobile Device

Dallas Chief
03-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Just high school. I wasn't near good enough to run in college. I probably could have, but it would have been for a shit program and it would allow me to go get my ass beat down every meet.

I guess my point is, I applaud you, bud. Keep up the good work!
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for the support Buehler! FWIW- I did run for two sh!t programs, got 3 years of college paid for even though I was somewhat of a scrub. Got beat pretty handily by a lot of good distance runners. Spent two years at JCCC and then one year at a Div II school. Then the beer and the smokes started calling my name. :) I'm doing it now as a way to test myself and to stay fit. I hope you too can find the time to do the same...no matter the activity.
Posted via Mobile Device