PDA

View Full Version : NFLDraftCountdown Mock 3/15. It's not Okung!

Coogs
03-15-2010, 12:01 PM
5. Bulaga
36. Cody
50. Allen

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

The Franchise
03-15-2010, 12:04 PM
No thanks. I'll take this instead.

5. Eric Berry
36. Ricky Sapp
50. Cam Thomas

spanky 52
03-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Or maybe -

5. S Berry
36. OL Saffold
50. NT Thomas

Coogs
03-15-2010, 12:12 PM
You know, if Bulaga is a legit can't miss LT that we spend a number 5 overall pick on then I could probably force myself to accept that rational on spending a number 5 pick there. But this...

Also, there are some mitigating circumstances that could make Bulaga a better fit in Kansas City, namely Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli’s close relationship with Hawkeyes Head Coach Kirk Ferentz.

...is not how I hope we go about selecting draft picks for our team.

The Franchise
03-15-2010, 12:13 PM
If Pioli drafts Bulaga because he's friends with Ferentz.....then he deserves to be shitcanned.

Dayze
03-15-2010, 12:20 PM
You know, if Bulaga is a legit can't miss LT that we spend a number 5 overall pick on then I could probably force myself to accept that rational on spending a number 5 pick there. But this...

...is not how I hope we go about selecting draft picks for our team.

what do you mean. I worked out great with Sims.:evil:

Coogs
03-15-2010, 12:22 PM
If Pioli drafts Bulaga because he's friends with Ferentz.....then he deserves to be shitcanned.

Absolutely!

Archie Bunker
03-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Just horrible. Okung is bad enough but Bulaga would be the final straw and I'm really not that high on Allen.

tyton75
03-15-2010, 12:29 PM
i think Bulaga will be a better OT in the long run than Okung...

doesn't mean i really want either at #5... Trade down and pick up Bulaga around 9 or 10

donkhater
03-15-2010, 12:39 PM
I think this forum's opinions on offensive tackles leaves something to be desired.

Ryan Clady sucks!!! (ring a bell???)

Wouldn't shock me in the least if Okung turned out to be a stud.

donkhater
03-15-2010, 12:41 PM
There is a distinct possibility that Clausen and/or Berry is still available at #5. While I wouldn't sneeze at either of them, there could be a team willing to overpay for that pick.

This team has too many holes and to have more picks in a good, deep draft like this one would be awesome.

The Franchise
03-15-2010, 12:54 PM
I think this forum's opinions on offensive tackles leaves something to be desired.

Yeah and the same thing couldn't be said about this forum's opinion on every QB that's ever come out.

Ralphy Boy
03-15-2010, 01:36 PM
5. Bulaga
36. Cody
50. Allen

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

Lucy you bitch. You sucked me in with "It's not Okung" only to pull the football away just as I kicked.

You're a dirty pirate hooker.

Ralphy Boy
03-15-2010, 01:41 PM

Okung will be good. Not as good as Clady, but better than half the LT's in the league and better than Albert.

I don't want a LT in the first this year, but I'm not delusional about Albert either. He's a servicable LT, he might make a pro bowl or two, but he'll never be considered a dominant LT.

He'll be better than John Tait though.

Coogs
03-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Lucy you bitch. You sucked me in with "It's not Okung" only to pull the football away just as I kicked.

You're a dirty pirate hooker.

:D

KCrockaholic
03-15-2010, 03:32 PM

5. Eric Berry
36. Ricky Sapp
50. Cam Thomas

I don't like the idea of Sapp in the high 2nd. He's just not that good of a player.

If I'm going off of nfldraftcountdown's mock draft. I will take Cody or Ducasse over Sapp. Or hell, Jermaine Gresham is falling to the middle 2nd in their mock. I'll take him with our 2a.

Mecca
03-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Ducasse and Sapp are about equal in how they rate out but in a deep year of rushbackers not a huge fan of Ricky Sapp.

Also tons of mock drafts will give us Bulaga because of that Tyson Jackson pick last year.

KCrockaholic
03-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Ducasse and Sapp are about equal in how they rate out but in a deep year of rushbackers not a huge fan of Ricky Sapp.

Also tons of mock drafts will give us Bulaga because of that Tyson Jackson pick last year.

I tend to like Ducasse a little more. If I want a mid-round "rushbacker" I will take O'Brian Shoefield. He showed in the East-West game that he can play OLB in a 3-4 and he is decent in coverage, after spending his entire career as a down DE. I know he tore ligaments at the Senior bowl practice, but if he can get back in time for camp he is worth the pick.

Mecca
03-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Schofield has a torn ACL, if you'd like him to spend a year on IR by all means.

KCrockaholic
03-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Schofield has a torn ACL, if you'd like him to spend a year on IR by all means.

I just edited my post..

Mr. Laz
03-15-2010, 04:42 PM

You're a dirty pirate hooker.ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Bulaga is a finished product. He'll never be better than he is right now, IMO.

Even though it should be a fireable offense, I'm sure 80% of the board will find some way to support it.

Jerm
03-15-2010, 04:48 PM
If Eric Berry falls in out lap and we pass on him for Bryan fucking Bulaga or any other OL I think my head my literally fucking explode.
Posted via Mobile Device

aturnis
03-15-2010, 04:50 PM

5. Eric Berry
36. Ricky Sapp
50. Cam Thomas

Really? You want another OLB who can rush and sucks against the run? We already have a huge hole up the middle.

aturnis
03-15-2010, 04:54 PM
Bulaga is a finished product. He'll never be better than he is right now, IMO.

Even though it should be a fireable offense, I'm sure 80% of the board will find some way to support it.

Only thing I can say is that I'd rather have the sure thing guy who will step in from day one and be a hellacious run blocker, stud pass blocker for ten years. Than to take the guy who isn't as good, but has "potential" and probably won't develop into whatever it is that people think he "might" be able to be. Worked great with Branden Albert.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Only thing I can say is that I'd rather have the sure thing guy who will step in from day one and be a hellacious run blocker, stud pass blocker for ten years. Than to take the guy who isn't as good, but has "potential" and probably won't develop into whatever it is that people think he "might" be able to be. Worked great with Branden Albert.

Yeah, and Tamba Hali really improved from day 1.

Take off your Hawkeye blinders.

DeezNutz
03-15-2010, 04:58 PM

If this is the selection, I will take it upon myself, as a Royals fan, to construct a self-help post for the board on how to cope with the fact that the GM of your favorite team is dumb as fucking shit.

Dave Lane
03-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Yeah and the same thing couldn't be said about this forum's opinion on every QB that's ever come out.

You are right its the defensive plyer of the year that will save us. See..

Derrick Johnson
Ryan Sims
Aaron Curry
Eric Berry
Defensive drool maker 2011

All of them are exactly what we need No sense drafting a key position like LT or QB.

aturnis
03-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Yeah, and Tamba Hali really improved from day 1.

Take off your Hawkeye blinders.

What exactly is this supposed to mean?

ChiefsCountry
03-15-2010, 10:42 PM
If this is the selection, I will take it upon myself, as a Royals fan, to construct a self-help post for the board on how to cope with the fact that the GM of your favorite team is dumb as fucking shit.

Dayton Moore is better than Pioli.
Posted via Mobile Device

DumbHillbillies
03-16-2010, 02:06 PM
If we draft bulaga at #5 it would push me over the edge to insanity(I'm that close by the way). :cuss:

milkman
03-17-2010, 04:14 AM

Oh my God, Branden Albert didn't develop overnight!

No chance he'll ever amount to anything!

Saccopoo
03-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Oh my God, Branden Albert didn't develop overnight!

No chance he'll ever amount to anything!

I think he'll amount to an effective guard. But I consider myself an eternal optimist. Some people around here are such Debbie Downers.

milkman
03-17-2010, 12:55 PM
I think he'll amount to an effective guard. But I consider myself an eternal optimist. Some people around here are such Debbie Downers.

And I think that he'll develop into an all pro quality LT, and I am the quintessential cynic.

keg in kc
03-17-2010, 01:39 PM
It's just a pioli conspiracy. Throw this out so when they take okung we'll be conditioned to respond with "well, at least it wasn't bulaga".

Saccopoo
03-17-2010, 02:29 PM
And I think that he'll develop into an all pro quality LT, and I am the quintessential cynic.

Kinda weird isn't it? I wonder how we got our paths crossed on this one?