PDA

View Full Version : Life March for Babies

Joie
03-15-2010, 02:38 PM
As most of you remember, Aces and I had a baby girl May 26, 2009. She was born 6 weeks premature. She's almost 10 months old now, and is the light of our lives.

On May 1 the March of Dimes is hosting the Greater Kansas City March for Babies. This same organization hosts Bikers for Babies every year. We will be walking in celebration of our beautiful little preemie. Please visit our team page:

http://www.marchforbabies.org/team/walkfortrinket

We'd love it if you could walk with us, and celebrate Trinket, the cutest Planeteer!

Gracie Dean
03-15-2010, 03:56 PM
awesome

Joie
03-16-2010, 12:53 AM
Thank you, DaFace, for making this a sticky.:)

acesn8s
03-16-2010, 12:58 AM
What!?

I have to walk?!?

Nobody said anything about my fat butt going for a walk.

Joie
03-16-2010, 01:04 AM
What!?

I have to walk?!?

Nobody said anything about my fat butt going for a walk.

You could use the exercise. Maybe I'll let you push the stroller for part of it.:D

big nasty kcnut
03-16-2010, 07:04 AM
I'll support you in spirit. she's so cute.

acesn8s
03-16-2010, 12:36 PM
You could use the exercise. Maybe I'll let you push the stroller for part of it.:DJust watching me waddle for a mile is worth a few bucks at least.

Rain Man
03-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Marching for babies? What if I don't want a baby? Are there other prizes I can get instead?

BigRedChief
03-16-2010, 02:06 PM
I'm not going to walk with you guys but I'm already on board as a member of the team. I contributed some money to help the team. Lets hope some more Planeteers step up to the plate. Good luck with the walk.

Joie
03-16-2010, 03:17 PM
I'm not going to walk with you guys but I'm already on board as a member of the team. I contributed some money to help the team. Lets hope some more Planeteers step up to the plate. Good luck with the walk.

Thank you! You're our first donation. :)

BIG_DADDY
03-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Does the March of Dimes support Vaccinations?

BIG_DADDY
03-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Marching for babies? What if I don't want a baby? Are there other prizes I can get instead?

I think they are giving away a baby pit bull but you live in dog killing country so you don't qualify.

Joie
03-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Does the March of Dimes support Vaccinations?

I have no idea. I'll look it up now.

Joie
03-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Our mission is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality. We carry out this mission through research, community services, education and advocacy to save babies' lives. March of Dimes researchers, volunteers, educators, outreach workers and advocates work together to give all babies a fighting chance against the threats to their health: prematurity, birth defects, low birthweight.

That's from the March of Dimes website (marchofdimes.com). Nothing is mentioned on vaccinations.

In Trinket's case she has gotten every vaccination on time. I understand delaying vaccinations, but her prematurity has put her at higher risk. Our pediatrician uses only preservative free vaccines.

BIG_DADDY
03-16-2010, 05:18 PM
That's from the March of Dimes website (marchofdimes.com). Nothing is mentioned on vaccinations.

In Trinket's case she has gotten every vaccination on time. I understand delaying vaccinations, but her prematurity has put her at higher risk. Our pediatrician uses only preservative free vaccines.

Well my kid was 2 months premature and only 3 pounds. I have went to the preemie parties (Stanford) My kid and one other were doing noticeably better than most. Neither have vaccines or will be getting them. The other was only a one pounder. I won't support any organization unless I am absolutely sure they do not support any kind of vaccines. That's why I asked.

Joie
03-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Well my kid was 2 months premature and only 3 pounds. I have went to the preemie parties (Stanford) My kid and one other were doing noticeably better than most. Neither have vaccines or will be getting them. The other was only a one pounder. I won't support any organization unless I am absolutely sure they do not support any kind of vaccines. That's why I asked.

Interesting. I'm glad that your child is doing so well. I never even considered not doing the vax, once my pediatrician assured us they were preservative free. I probably should have looked into the vax a little further...I just worried about the preservatives.

I've never seen anything one way or another on March of Dimes, they seem to be more about preventing prematurity.

BIG_DADDY
03-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Interesting. I'm glad that your child is doing so well. I never even considered not doing the vax, once my pediatrician assured us they were preservative free. I probably should have looked into the vax a little further...I just worried about the preservatives.

I've never seen anything one way or another on March of Dimes, they seem to be more about preventing prematurity.

Travis is currently 3'3" and 33lbs and his 3 year equivilent will be the 4th of July. He can have a full blown conversation with you and sings songs all the time. He is way ahead of the curve. You currently have 42, that's right 42 vaccines on your current schedule. I had 7 as a kid. The adjuvent alone is very toxic. Do your due diligence on this and do not just trust your pediatrition. There are few things in life that are so important. We have no idea what the long term effects of vaccinating that much are. The United States leads the world in vaccines and neurological damage and it's my belief they are associated. Best of luck to you from a parent of a preemie.

Joie
03-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Travis is currently 3'3" and 33lbs and his 3 year equivilent will be the 4th of July. He can have a full blown conversation with you and sings songs all the time. He is way ahead of the curve. You currently have 42, that's right 42 vaccines on your current schedule. I had 7 as a kid. The adjuvent alone is very toxic. Do your due diligence on this and do not just trust your pediatrition. There are few things in life that are so important. We have no idea what the long term effects of vaccinating that much are. The United States leads the world in vaccines and neurological damage and it's my belief they are associated. Best of luck to you from a parent of a preemie.

Sounds like he's doing great!

It's definitely worth researching.

acesn8s
03-18-2010, 12:26 AM
Marching for babies? What if I don't want a baby? Are there other prizes I can get instead?Sore feet? :D

Joie
03-20-2010, 07:13 PM
42 days until the walk. :)

Dottefan
03-24-2010, 05:14 PM
The company I work for is a major sponser for the March Of Dimes events in the Kansas City area. I raised about 340.00 dollars last year. This year, my team and I did a bake sale and raised 233.00 dollars.Its a great way to give back , and help out the kiddies.

acesn8s
04-30-2010, 08:16 AM
bump

This is a last ditch effort to raise money. The walk is tomorrow and joie would like to show that she has some caring and generous friends. Click the link in the OP to donate. If each CP member donates $1 I might convince joie to bake a cherry pie or two for the bash.

edit*

joie says she will bake ten pies for the bash if we make our goal of $500