PDA

View Full Version : Why wouldn't Pioli want McCoy?

Direckshun
03-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Assuming McCoy falls, which looks better than ever at this point, why wouldn't Pioli take the best trade offer on the table for Dorsey and bring in McCoy?

1. Dorsey can't fit this defense.

2. Dorsey will get us a shitload of picks, or at least a good pick.

3. This is a great draft with which to get picks.

4. McCoy is a prototypical 3-4 end, and combining him with Cody with our 2a (you know what you did, OTW!) gives us a JIMP-worthy line of Jackson-Cody-McCoy.

5. Pioli essentially gets his guy for a position he places the upmost premium on, and gets a few other picks in the process.

Tell me I'm crazy.

RealSNR
03-16-2010, 11:47 AM
You're crazy

Direckshun
03-16-2010, 11:48 AM
You're crazy

Oh go reach for a passrusher why don't you.

Dave Lane
03-16-2010, 11:50 AM
The ONLY answer is to accept Eric Berry as your lord and savior only through he can you enter the kingdom of heaven. Blessed is Carol and the fruit of her womb Eric. Amen.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-16-2010, 11:51 AM
You have no idea what you are talking about if you think that a penetrating 3 technique is an ideal 3-4 end.

Suh is an ideal 3-4 end, not McCoy.

Brock
03-16-2010, 11:52 AM
This is the first I've read of McCoy being a "prototypical 3-4 end".

BryanBusby
03-16-2010, 11:55 AM
This is the first I've read of McCoy being a "prototypical 3-4 end".

Yeah. When I think of ideal 3-4 ends, the first type of player that comes to mind is one that lacks upper body strength.

Super cool post OP

Dave Lane
03-16-2010, 11:56 AM
All this being said if somehow Suh fell in our laps I'd JIMP

Direckshun
03-16-2010, 11:57 AM
You have no idea what you are talking about if you think that a penetrating 3 technique is an ideal 3-4 end.

Suh is an ideal 3-4 end, not McCoy.

McCoy looked reaaaally good the few times he was out on the end in college. He actually played much of the Florida game from the edge and looked really good against both the run and the pass. I think he's a ton more versatile than you give him.

Direckshun
03-16-2010, 11:58 AM
By the way,

Can we just accept that I don't know what I'm talking about at all times? I mean shit, that would save you or OTW or whoever a shitton of typing time. Let's just, from here on out, assume I don't know shit about shit, and that I'm a gorilla that's accidentally typing out Shakespear when I'm trying to ask for a banana.

You know more than me. That's fine. I'll enjoy my Gogurt and watch tape and make my best judgments and not give a shit.

RealSNR
03-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Oh go reach for a passrusher why don't you.Hey, I'm just following orders.

Direckshun
03-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Hey, I'm just following orders.

You should have traded that #8 overall away to some team as long as they were willing to take Al with it.

RealSNR
03-16-2010, 12:07 PM
You should have traded that #8 overall away to some team as long as they were willing to take Al with it.I was thinking about shaking that team up so hard, you have no idea.

You're forgetting that Jafatcus is the biggest problem with that team right now. The Raiders should do everything in their power to trade up and take Clausen or Bradford, just to have the ability to not start Jafatcus. That's simply not going to happen in reality, and both QBs were gone by the time I picked.

That's the bullshit I had to deal with when making my pick. It ended up being a reach, but (prior to the Wimbley trade) the Raiders didn't really have anything of that nature on their team. An awesome pass-rushing DE could really turn that defense into something special. So that's the direction I chose to go. It was a reach, but I took the best 4-3 rusher in the draft.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-16-2010, 12:08 PM
McCoy looked reaaaally good the few times he was out on the end in college. He actually played much of the Florida game from the edge and looked really good against both the run and the pass. I think he's a ton more versatile than you give him.

Was he assigned with occupying blockers from end and scraping down the line?

Direckshun
03-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Your thoughts:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Omhi5KjPW3s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Omhi5KjPW3s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

BryanBusby
03-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Will be a good pickup for the Bucs

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Look at where he's shading.

Jerm
03-16-2010, 12:23 PM
This board might be permanently fried if we draft another DL with a Top 5 pick...

I can see it now.

Eh honestly though, it's probably going to blow up anyways considering what we're bound to do...as in pass up Berry or Clausen for an OL.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-16-2010, 12:26 PM
This board might be permanently fried if we draft another DL with a Top 5 pick...

I can see it now.

Eh honestly though, it's probably going to blow up anyways considering what we're bound to do...as in pass up Berry or Clausen for an OL.

No it won't.

The vast majority of people on this board exemplify why Hitler and Mussolini were able to rise to power.

Look at the Cassel poll.

Absolute deference to authority and a removal of all critical thinking ability.

Jerm
03-16-2010, 12:27 PM
No it won't.

The vast majority of people on this board exemplify why Hitler and Mussolini were able to rise to power.

Look at the Cassel poll.

Now that you've put it that way.....

:facepalm:

Mr. Laz
03-16-2010, 12:54 PM
4. McCoy is a prototypical 3-4 end.

:shake:

BossChief
03-16-2010, 12:59 PM
what the fuck?

Saccopoo
03-16-2010, 02:13 PM
No it won't.

Look at the Cassel poll.

Actually, if you you take the nationalist approach in terms of (re)building a country's infrastructure, it can have a lot of benefits from a theoretical perspective. (And there are historical cases which support this theory.) Personally, I think that there should be some serious conversations about that very thing with regards to re-establishing institutional control in the banking and large manufacturing/production sectors in the US in the present time.

The problem with post WWI Germany and Italy was that you had sociopaths in charge, and that's never a good thing.

Sure-Oz
03-16-2010, 02:16 PM
It's sad that i thought this might've been about COLT mccunt

Mecca
03-16-2010, 02:31 PM
McCoy isn't a prototypical 3-4 end, he's more like a more talented version of Dorsey.

Now McCoy has played some 3-4 end so that's why it's considered that he can do it, but he isn't the type of end Pioli likes.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-16-2010, 03:46 PM
It's sad that i thought this might've been about COLT mc****

There is another thread on draft planet where a poster has Colt going 6th overall :eek:

Nightfyre
03-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Not to hammer the point, but McCoy is not a prototypical 3-4 end. We could trade down for hefty compensation if McCoy falls, however.

Hammock Parties
03-16-2010, 11:15 PM
. This might be the most awesome post you've ever made.

Saccopoo
03-17-2010, 12:51 PM
This might be the most awesome post you've ever made.

Pffftt...

Hamas is the Chiefs Planet version of Thomas Paine who is sitting at the Draft Planet bar wallowing in frustration of the obvious, but is yet to have his ephipanal "Common Sense" moment. He knows that there is something wrong, knows that the need and time are at hand, but has yet to articulate his vision into a single moment and act of all-encompassing of understanding and impact.