PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet My brush with greatness (maybe).

cabletech94
03-16-2010, 05:50 PM
So I went to the Bon Jovi concert at the Sprint Center last night with the wife.
I'm not much of a fan, but let's face it, dude put on a helluva show, and there was trim EVERYWHERE.

We're sitting on like 14th row, I'm on the end of the aisle. Just after the opening act gets done and the lights come on I stand up to stretch and I see this guy walking up. He looks like someone I know.

It looks like Scott Pioli. I elbow the wife and say "wow, that looks like Scott Pioli, he's just a lot smaller". My wife is like "who the hells Scott Pioli"?
The dude in front of me hears me and says that yes, it is Scotty P. He then says, and look who else is with him. Just then brushing my shoulder, Todd mutha lovin' Haley walks by. Haley wasn't screaming or yelling. I tell ya, he looked like a normal guy. And Pioli, wow, I thought he was this big brooding beast of a man. Not really. Not much bigger than I, and I'm just under 6 foot.

Sure this coulda gone under the most famous person thread....whatever. Oh yea, and Haley's head looked like a brillo pad. And they had an entouage--like 6 other dudes, didn't recognize any of the spares.

Man I need a life.

teedubya
03-16-2010, 05:52 PM
OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!

kstater
03-16-2010, 05:53 PM
Wait, I thought Pioli and Haley don't talk to each other? Must have sucked for them their seats were so close to each other.

cabletech94
03-16-2010, 05:54 PM
OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!

That's exactly what my wife said I was doing. Yea, I was actually expecting some comment like that.

:clap::clap::clap:

Reerun_KC
03-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Nice! That is kick ass... I would of bought Haley and Pioli a Beer. Especially Haley...

I would of asked him to tell me to fuck the fuck off and what the fuck am I doing buying him a fucking beer...

Todd Haley is da'man!

Deberg_1990
03-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Todd mutha lovin' Haley walks by

Did he flip u the bird as he breezed by?

Pushead2
03-16-2010, 05:58 PM
was Belichick there with him? If not...useless thread.

Reerun_KC
03-16-2010, 05:58 PM
That's exactly what my wife said I was doing. Yea, I was actually expecting some comment like that.

:clap::clap::clap:

LOL the first time I went to a Bon Jovi here in OKC I was like 31 or 32 years old. I have always wanted to see them in Concert. Favorite band of all time.

So when we went an saw them in 07, I was screaming like a 14 girl at a New Kids on the Block concert (back in the day).

Yes I was OMG!!!!! OMG!@#@$@$%#^ That is Bon Jovi....... :facepalm: for reerun_kc

My family still makes fun of me to this day... Gotta love it. I am good for an embarrassing moment from time to time...

Reerun_KC
03-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Did he flip u the bird as he breezed by?

I would of asked him to.... Then bought him a beer....

Rain Man
And Cassel wasn't there, eh? Telling.

Pablo
Wait, I thought Pioli and Haley don't talk to each other? Must have sucked for them their seats were so close to each other.Of course they don't. That's why they went to a concert together. Perfect place for two guys who hate each other. Loud music to drown out any possibility of conversation.

The CP Braintrust is smarter than we thought.

TrickyNicky
03-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Did you say A) "You're halfway there" or B) "Haley, you're livin' on a prayer" ?

cabletech94
03-16-2010, 06:03 PM
No flipped birds, no cak'n patna references. Just the GM and head coach breathing in my air. Or is that the other way around?

Iowanian
03-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Did they share a gentle embrace and slowly sway with the crowd and sing to each other?

"These five words I swear to you, when you breath, I want to be the air for you....I'll beeeeeeeeeee theeeeeeeeeeeere for Youuuuuuuuuuuu"

mlyonsd
03-16-2010, 06:05 PM
If, and I say if, you would have bought them a beer and gotten them to admit to you they were working on a deal to get both Berry and Clausen you're greatness would be assured.

cabletech94
03-16-2010, 06:08 PM
If, and I say if, you would have bought them a beer and gotten them to admit to you they were working on a deal to get both Berry and Clausen you're greatness would be assured.

I do wish I had chanted "berry" "berry" "berry" for those sweet sweet 3 seconds of glory.

Chief Chief
03-16-2010, 06:14 PM
They were there scouting out Tico Torres to determine if they should snag him with the 36th pick or possibly trade up with the 51st pick to get him in the late 30s/early 40s.

Sully
03-16-2010, 06:32 PM
The Philadelphia Soul are now officially a part of the "tree."

Hammock Parties
03-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Pioli and Haley are children of the 80s. I'm not surprised they like Bon Jovi.

I bet Haley was a dope-ass motherfucker when he was a teenager. Probably just RAGED on people. I don't even know what that means, but he was probably the cock of the walk or something. Like, he was just so fly.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-16-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm glad that our GM, and our head coach are cool enough with each other to go to concerts together.

Coogs
03-16-2010, 06:40 PM
So I went to the Bon Jovi concert at the Sprint Center last night with the wife.
I'm not much of a fan, but let's face it, dude put on a helluva show, and there was trim EVERYWHERE.

Way to fugging build us up...

then drop Pioli and Haley on us. :shake:

cabletech94
03-16-2010, 06:43 PM

yea. it was total epic. i also think chick to dude ratio was like 3 to 1. sorry, the wife had the camera-so...worthless without pics.

Reerun_KC
03-16-2010, 06:45 PM

when they were at the Ford Center a few years ago.... I would say the crowd was 65-75% women...

Lots and lots of head turners there.... WOW! and LOUD? Holy Freak, the loudest thing I have ever heard.... When Jon came on the stage for the first time, you could barely hear the music from the screaming women... It was amazing...

Hammock Parties
03-16-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm glad that our GM, and our head coach are cool enough with each other to go to concerts together. That was the whole problem with our last GM and head coach (well, real head coach, not Mr. Mulatto Milquetoast). They were squares.

They were into wine and art and high society bullshit and being a couple of rich pricks. Too much disconnect from the average joe.

I'm not saying Pioli doesn't have manservants or anything. It comes with the lifestyle. But I bet he gets tired of those fucking suits.

patteeu
03-16-2010, 07:24 PM
You're lucky you were there with your wife instead of George Blowfish.

Justin
03-16-2010, 07:45 PM

We're sitting on like 14th row, I'm on the end of the aisle. Just after the opening act gets done and the lights come on I stand up to stretch and I see this guy walking up. He looks like someone I know.

It looks like Scott Pioli. I elbow the wife and say "wow, that looks like Scott Pioli, he's just a lot smaller". My wife is like "who the hells Scott Pioli"?
The dude in front of me hears me and says that yes, it is Scotty P. He then says, and look who else is with him. Just then brushing my shoulder, Todd mutha lovin' Haley walks by. Haley wasn't screaming or yelling. I tell ya, he looked like a normal guy. And Pioli, wow, I thought he was this big brooding beast of a man. Not really. Not much bigger than I, and I'm just under 6 foot.

Sure this coulda gone under the most famous person thread....whatever. Oh yea, and Haley's head looked like a brillo pad. And they had an entouage--like 6 other dudes, didn't recognize any of the spares.

Man I need a life.

Pioli wears shoulder pads in his suits that extend his shoulders probably 3-4 inches on each side. Honestly it looks pretty bad.

Has anyone else noticed that? I dont know if its been discussed before.

MoreLemonPledge
03-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Did you see Jimmy Clausen with them? My sources tell me that they were taking him there after the private workout they had.

Fritz88
03-16-2010, 08:36 PM
My wife is like "who the hells Scott Pioli"?

ROFLROFL

BryanBusby
03-16-2010, 09:27 PM
There had to of been a lot of people at the show, so someone had to of gotten some pics of Todd, Charlie and Scott rocking the fuck out to some Jovi

Rausch
03-16-2010, 09:34 PM
I bet Haley was a dope-ass mother****er when he was a teenager. Probably just RAGED on people. I don't even know what that means, but he was probably the cock of the walk or something. Like, he was just so fly.

He played golf...

Delano
03-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Pioli wears shoulder pads in his suits that extend his shoulders probably 3-4 inches on each side. Honestly it looks pretty bad.

Has anyone else noticed that? I dont know if its been discussed before.

Yeah, like the guy with the $4000 suit is gonna sit in the nosebleed section next to a guy who doesn't make that in four months. COME ON!
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
03-16-2010, 09:35 PM
He played golf... That doesn't mean he wasn't a cool cat.

Rausch
03-16-2010, 09:38 PM
That doesn't mean he wasn't a cool cat.

Unless he's Tiger Woods that's exactly what it means...

Justin
03-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Yeah, like the guy with the $4000 suit is gonna sit in the nosebleed section next to a guy who doesn't make that in four months. COME ON!
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm just saying when you see him on tv next look at his shoulders on his suit. He has padding in them that extend out.
Posted via Mobile Device

TinyEvel
03-17-2010, 12:54 AM
Can you play Nose Tackle?