PDA

View Full Version : Holy True Fan Mock Draft! Oh wait...

The Franchise
03-17-2010, 03:35 PM
It's a mock draft from NFL.com. That's right folks.....Not one....Not two...but 4 OTs taken in the top 10. And Suh lasts until the Raiders.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d816ffb3c&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

1. St. Louis Rams
Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
The Rams select Bradford to be their franchise quarterback of the future after doctors express confidence about his long-term health prospects. (Previous pick: Ndamukong Suh)

2. Detroit Lions
Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
Jim Schwartz opts against adding a centerpiece to his defense to give Stafford some protection on the backside; Okung's presence allows LT Jeff Backus to move inside to his natural guard position. (Previous pick: Gerald McCoy)

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
Raheem Morris grapples with the decision to choose McCoy over Suh, but the former Sooner star is a better fit in the Bucs' one-gap scheme. (Previous pick: Jason Pierre-Paul)

4. Washington Redskins
Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
Jimmy Clausen is in play at this spot, but the need for a franchise-caliber left tackle to replace Chris Samuels is a bigger priority. (Previous pick: Russell Okung)

5. Kansas City Chiefs
Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
The thought of nabbing Suh is appealing considering his high grade, but the addition of Bulaga addresses the Chiefs' biggest need on the offensive line. (Previous pick: Trent Williams)

6. Seattle Seahawks
Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
The Seahawks' offer to Charlie Whitehurst indicates the team will address their QB concerns in free agency; Davis gives the team a solid replacement for Walter Jones. (Previous pick: Derrick Morgan)

7. Cleveland Browns
Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
Mike Holmgren will seriously consider pulling the trigger on Jimmy Clausen, but Berry is an impact player capable of upgrading the Browns' secondary with his playmaking ability. (Previous pick: Joe Haden)

8. Oakland Raiders
Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
Al Davis throws off the skeptics expecting an outlandish pick from the Silver and Black; Suh gives the defense a legitimate difference-maker in the middle of the line. (Previous pick: Anthony Davis)

9. Buffalo Bills
Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
The Bills would like to improve their offensive line, but the early run on offensive tackles leaves them without a worthy option at this point; Clausen becomes Chan Gailey's handpicked choice to direct his wide-open offense. (Previous pick: Bryan Baluga)

10. Jacksonville Jaguars
Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
Aaron Kampman's signing won't prevent the Jaguars from adding another pass rusher to the team's arsenal. After tallying only 12 sacks a season ago, the addition of Morgan completes the team's frontline makeover. (Previous pick: Carlos Dunlap)

11. Denver Broncos
Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama
McClain steps right into the starting lineup on Day 1 as a rock-solid "Mike" linebacker in the Broncos' 3-4. (Previous pick: Dez Bryant)

12. Miami Dolphins
Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
Dan Williams would also make sense at this pick, but Kindle gives the Dolphins a young athletic rusher to fill the void created by the impending departures of Joey Porter and Jason Taylor. (Previous pick: Kindle)

13. San Francisco 49ers
Joe Haden, CB, Florida
Haden's disappointing 40 time dropped him out of the top 10, but the talented cover man is the top corner in the draft and gives the 49ers a much-needed ball hawk in the secondary. (Previous pick: Eric Berry)

14. Seattle Seahawks
C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
The Seahawks offense lacks playmakers and speed; Spiller addresses both needs and alleviates some of the pressure on Matt Hasselbeck to carry the unit. (Previous pick: Spiller)

15. New York Giants
Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri
The Giants take the versatile Weatherspoon as a possible replacement for Antonio Pierce. Weatherspoon spent most of his career as a "Will" linebacker but could move to the "Mike" in Perry Fewell's new scheme. (Previous pick: Rolando McClain)

16. Tennessee Titans
Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
The Titans also have needs at defensive end, but Wilson gives the team a gritty corner to pair with Cortland Finnegan in the lineup. (Previous pick: Brian Price)

17. San Francisco 49ers
Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
Iupati upgrades the 49ers' offensive line with his toughness and gives Frank Gore a "road grader" to follow on his jaunts between the tackles. (Previous pick: Iupati)

18. Pittsburgh Steelers
Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
Casey Hampton returns after signing a lucrative deal, but Williams will share snaps early in his career before taking over the job in a few years. (Previous pick: Terrence Cody)

19. Atlanta Falcons
Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
The Falcons ranked 28th in pass defense a season ago, but some of their problems could be attributed to a pass rush that only generated 28 sacks. Graham's high motor and dynamic rush skills would be a welcome addition to the team's frontline. (Previous pick: Navorro Bowman)

20. Houston Texans
Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno State
Mathews is the ideal "one-cut" runner to play in Gary Kubiak's zone-based scheme. The former Bulldog finished second in the nation in rushing (behind Stanford's Toby Gerhart) and is a big-play threat with outstanding size and speed. (Previous pick: Earl Thomas)

21. Cincinnati Bengals
Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
Adding a receiver to the lineup isn't a priority after signing Antonio Bryant during free agency, but this Bryant is too good to pass up at his point. He gives the Bengals a dynamic trio at the position, which should help Carson Palmer regain his Pro Bowl form. (Previous pick: Jermaine Gresham)

22. New England Patriots
Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State
Odrick is a workmanlike interior defender with the skills and versatility to thrive in Bill Belichick's hybrid scheme. (Previous pick: Brandon Graham)

23. Green Bay Packers
Charles Brown, OT, USC
The team is bringing back Chad Clifton and Mark Tauscher, but Brown can be groomed as an eventual successor to either player. (Previous pick: Bruce Campbell)

24. Philadelphia Eagles
Earl Thomas, S, Texas
The Eagles missed Brian Dawkins' leadership and ball-hawking ways; Thomas earned high marks in both areas and could emerge as a star in Sean McDermott's attack-style defense. (Previous pick: Everson Griffen)

25. Baltimore Ravens
Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
Anquan Boldin and Donte' Stallworth have added star power to the Ravens' aerial attack, but Gresham would give the team a much-needed vertical threat in the middle of the field. (Previous pick: Arrelious Benn)

26. Arizona Cardinals
Jason Pierre-Paul, OLB, South Florida
As one of the top athletes in the draft, Pierre-Paul has the potential to blossom into a dynamic edge rusher as a pro. (Previous pick: Sam Bradford)

27. Dallas Cowboys
Taylor Mays, S, USC
Mays has exceptional physical tools, but will need some time to develop the instincts and awareness needed to be a star at the position. If the Cowboys' coaching staff can tap into his immense potential, he could be a difference maker in the back end. (Previous pick: Mays)

28. San Diego Chargers
Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama
The release of Jamal Williams threatens to cripple the Chargers defense unless they find a suitable replacement in the middle. Cody's strength at the point of attack will free up the team's linebackers to make plays against the run. (Previous pick: Jahvid Best)

29. New York Jets
Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
Thomas has flown under the radar after breaking a foot during his pre-combine training, but scouts are falling in love with his exceptional physical dimensions (6-foot-3, 224 pounds) and big-play potential. (Previous pick: Kyle Wilson)

30. Minnesota Vikings
Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers
Injuries to Cedric Griffin and Antoine Winfield make addressing the secondary a priority; McCourty's athleticism, toughness and awareness make him an ideal fit in the Vikings' two-deep scheme. (Previous pick: Dan Williams)

31. Indianapolis Colts
Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida
The versatile Pouncey will immediately start at guard, but will eventually serve as Jeff Saturday's successor in the near future. (Previous pick: Jared Odrick)

32. New Orleans Saints
Everson Griffen, DE, USC
The Saints could opt for a linebacker at this spot, but Griffen's rush skills fill an obvious need with Charles Grant no longer in the team's future plans. (Previous pick: Sean Weatherspoon)

Saccopoo
03-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Brooks needs to stop ripping me off.

Dave Lane
03-17-2010, 04:58 PM
If Suh drops past us I'll go postal!

DrRyan
03-17-2010, 05:05 PM
If Suh drops past us I'll go postal!

I cannot understand this rationale. Where would you suggest Suh play for the Chiefs? Him playing for a 3-4 team is a waste. He is not a NT and playing him at DE in the 3-4 wastes what he does best.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-17-2010, 05:23 PM
LMAO 4 of the top 6 picks are OT. Didn't anyone tell those guys you never go full retard?

Quesadilla Joe
03-17-2010, 05:43 PM
I cannot understand this rationale. Where would you suggest Suh play for the Chiefs? Him playing for a 3-4 team is a waste. He is not a NT and playing him at DE in the 3-4 wastes what he does best.

He can play anywhere in a 3-4...

DrRyan
03-17-2010, 05:47 PM
He can play anywhere in a 3-4...

He could play NT or DE in the 3-4 but that would be an epic waste of his talent. He is not a NT, nor is he a DE. He is a DT in a 4-3 defense.

Stick to ridiculous homer comments about the Donkeys, that is your best play.

Ralphy Boy
03-17-2010, 05:51 PM
GTFO. Seriously, GTFO.

Suh & Berry fall past Baluga & Anthony F***ing Davis??????????

DeezNutz
03-17-2010, 05:59 PM
He could play NT or DE in the 3-4 but that would be an epic waste of his talent. He is not a NT, nor is he a DE. He is a DT in a 4-3 defense.

Piss, meet wind. Wind, meet piss.

PhillyChiefFan
03-17-2010, 06:00 PM
GTFO. Seriously, GTFO.

Suh & Berry fall past Baluga & Anthony F***ing Davis??????????

Seriously! I thought that Anthony Davis was ranked out of the 1st round by a lot of draft guys?

Pasta Little Brioni
03-17-2010, 08:20 PM

I guess you could draft him, switch to a 4-3, and have a line of Hali, Dorsey, Suh, Jackson. If KC is "married" to the 3-4 like most think, he won't be a consideration unless Dorsey is moved.

BossChief
03-17-2010, 08:42 PM

If we pass on Berry, Suh and Clausen for Bulaga, I am officially packing up my stuff and moving far away from civilization so I can design my bomb for Mr Pioli in peace.

And Im a Hawkeye fan.

BryanBusby
03-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Bucky Brooks needs to stop huffing paint thinner before making mock drafts.

L.A. Chieffan
03-17-2010, 11:31 PM
If this happens draft Suh and trade him, shit.

salame
03-18-2010, 01:10 AM
oh boy

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-18-2010, 02:24 AM
I,m surpised this dumbass doesn't have Tim Tebow in the top 5

Frosty
03-18-2010, 07:12 AM
LMAO 4 of the top 6 picks are OT. Didn't anyone tell those guys you never go full retard?

Mike Mayock has said several times that 5 (and possibly 6) OT's will go in the top 10 so Brooks is probably basing this mock off of that (since they work together).

Chiefs=Champions
03-18-2010, 07:38 AM
Mike Mayock has said several times that 5 (and possibly 6) OT's will go in the top 10 so Brooks is probably basing this mock off of that (since they work together).

They are both nitwits...

Dave Lane
03-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Yes I'd draft Suh in a heartbeat and do a 3-4 4-3 hybrid if I couldn't move Dorsey. You trade Dorsey for a 2nd and draft Suh and Cody and the dline is looking pretty damn good. And Suh is a 3-4 DE.

lostcause
03-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Yes I'd draft Suh in a heartbeat and do a 3-4 4-3 hybrid if I couldn't move Dorsey. You trade Dorsey for a 2nd and draft Suh and Cody and the dline is looking pretty damn good. And Suh is a 3-4 DE.

If we did that move Jackson. Dorsey is a far more dominant 4-3 DT.

The Franchise
03-18-2010, 11:20 AM
If we did that move Jackson. Dorsey is a far more dominant 4-3 DT.

This.

Dave Lane
03-18-2010, 08:15 PM

Or even more shockingly they think LT is an important position