PDA

View Full Version : Life HAPPY NOROOZ!!

Frankie
03-19-2010, 05:47 PM
First day of Spring is the most beautiful way to start a new year. The ancient Persians had it right.

NOROOZ arrives 12:32 AM (CST) on Saturday March 20.

Fariba and I wish you a very HAPPY NOROOZ and lots of happiness, good health, and success in the new year. (Even if you don't celebrate NOROOZ ;) )

May Amoo Norooz bring you many good gifts. :toast:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/calpouya/norooz.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts
03-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Happy Norooz to you too.

Bane
03-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Yeah.....Ok.Stooges

BossChief
03-19-2010, 05:52 PM
"use norooz properly in a sentence"

I like ChiefsPlanet because it has no rooz.

Frankie
03-19-2010, 06:02 PM
"use norooz properly in a sentence"

I like ChiefsPlanet because it has no rooz.

Norooz Mobarak. :toast:

Gadzooks
03-19-2010, 06:05 PM
I prefer steak and BJ day.

bevischief
03-19-2010, 06:09 PM
Happy Norooz to you too. What does one do celebrate it?

FAX
03-19-2010, 06:13 PM
To celebrate Norooz
I drank a bunch of booze
Then in a fog
I killed a dog
And then I played some fooz ... ball

FAX

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Repost

Ebolapox
03-19-2010, 06:17 PM
fax, you looz, bra.

FAX
03-19-2010, 06:28 PM
fax, you looz, bra.

ROFL

That was completely terrible, wasn't it? How about this!!

Whilst perusing the Chiefs news
I learned it was Norooz
I thought I'd show 'em
With a new poem
But it sucked so bad it spews

FAX

bevischief
03-19-2010, 06:32 PM
ROFL

I learned it was Norooz
I thought I'd show 'em
With a new poem

FAX

ROFL

Must be the booze talking...

Frankie
03-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Happy Norooz to you too. What does one do celebrate it?

You set your Haft-Seen Table and wait for Amoo Norooz (below) to bring you gifts. That's IF you've been good.

Frankie
03-19-2010, 06:42 PM
ROFL

I learned it was Norooz
I thought I'd show 'em
With a new poem

FAX

Mr. FAX is really great at rhyming.
But this may not be very good timing.
Perhaps Norooz is not quite in his blood,
or else he would do good in-chiming.

Hydrae
03-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Happy Norooz to you and Fariba as well! May the year be full of blessings.

FAX
03-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Today may be Norooze
But, it's giving me the blues
Because my verse
Is getting worse
So I'm going to just go google some pictures of Penelope Cruz

FAX

Radar Chief
03-19-2010, 07:01 PM
What does one do celebrate it?

We'll begin with the Airing of Grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people! And now, you're gonna hear about it. You, Kruger. My son tells me your company stinks! You couldn't smooth a silk sheet if you had a hot date with a babe...I lost my train of thought. /Frank

Ebolapox
03-19-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm assuming fariba is your wife. correct? if not, is fariba your cat? why are you telling the board 'happy norooz' from your cat? you're a bit strange, aren't you?

Frankie
03-19-2010, 07:18 PM
I'm assuming fariba is your wife. correct? if not, is fariba your cat? why are you telling the board 'happy norooz' from your cat? you're a bit strange, aren't you?

Fariba's my wife. She got kind of introduced to this bb 2.5 years ago when I had a big heart attack. She posted the news here using my account. All that said, I AM strange.

Easy 6
03-19-2010, 07:20 PM
You set your Haft-Seen Table and wait for Amoo Norooz (below) to bring you gifts. That's IF you've been good.

Gandalf meets Sinter Klaus... i like it.

Have a great holiday Frankie.

:toast:

Ebolapox
03-19-2010, 07:23 PM
Fariba's my wife. She got kind of introduced to this bb 2.5 years ago when I had a big heart attack. She posted the news here using my account. All that said, I AM strange.

there's absolutely nothing wrong with being strange. :toast:

TO NOROOZ!

Frankie
03-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Not to push this thread back up, but I thought the following has some real significance since Iran's current regime has been doing its hardest for years (and especially this year) to make Norooz and other Persian (Pre-Islam) customs fade out:

http://www.payvand.com/news/10/mar/1149.html

US House of Representatives Passes Historic Norooz Resolution

Written by the staff, National Iranian American Council (NIAC)

Washington, DC - The National Iranian American Council applauds the passage moments ago by the House of Representatives of H.Res.267, the Norooz Resolution, and commends Representative Mike Honda (D-CA) for championing this historic resolution.

NIAC also expresses its warmest thanks and congratulations to the Iranian-American community for all of its hard work over the past year to ensure passage of the Norooz Resolution. Today's victory is a culmination of this hard work.

"The National Iranian American Council has put together an enormous grassroots undertaking to advocate for the Norooz resolution, and their efforts on this are to be commended," said Representative Honda. "Today, as the House recognizes Norooz, we also celebrate the success of this grassroots effort and the contributions of Iranian-Americans to our society."

The Norooz Resolution passed by a 384-2 vote, marking the first time in history that the House of Representatives officially recognizes the "cultural and historical significance" of the Iranian New Year. The resolution also expresses appreciation "for the contributions of Iranian-Americans to society in the United States" and wishes Iranian-Americans, Iranians, and all who celebrate Norooz a happy and prosperous New Year.

"As we gather with our friends and family to celebrate the New Year, we can take pride in having achieved an unprecedented victory in gaining Congressional recognition for one of our most cherished traditions," said Trita Parsi, NIAC President. "Today's passage of the Norooz Resolution is not only is a testament to the richness and durability of our culture, it is a demonstration that, when we join our voices together, the Iranian-American community cannot be ignored."

Since Rep. Honda introduced the Norooz Resolution in March 2009, NIAC and PAAIA have issued numerous calls to action. Iranian-Americans have responded to every challenge to ensure that this measure would be passed, sending thousands of emails to their Representatives in Congress. In February 2010, these efforts led to the resolution obtaining its 50th cosponsor, enabling it to be considered by Congressional Committee. Once the measure passed unanimously out of Committee, NIAC members responded yet again and successfully urged the House Majority Leader to schedule a vote for the Norooz Resolution in time for the New Year.

"There are so many issues of great importance to the Iranian-American community, from addressing shortcomings in immigration policies to reforming sanctions that harm innocent Iranians," said Jamal Abdi, NIAC Policy Director. "It is critical that policymakers hear from Iranian-Americans when they consider these issues. Today's passage of the Norooz Resolution shows that, when we work together, there is no limit to the success we can achieve."

Slainte
03-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Not to push this thread back up, but I thought the following has some real significance since Iran's current regime has been doing its hardest for years (and especially this year) to make Norooz and other Persian (Pre-Islam) customs fade out:

May Norooz bring you and your family comfort, peace and prosperity in the new year, Frankie...

And here's to reforms in the currant Iranian regime...

:toast:

Slainte
03-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Sinter Klaus... i like it.

Cinter Klaus and Zwarte Piet (Black Peter) are the kick ass winter myth-figures of all time!!! Kidnapping bad children in a sack and taking them in a rowboat to Spain...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a5/Pieterbaas.png/220px-Pieterbaas.png

boogblaster
03-20-2010, 12:50 PM
norooz is everywhere like blindness is to light .. norooz your ass with axle-grease and flee the spooners in fright .. jump over-board into the wake of a norooz bound freighter .. enjoy your mustard and pickle sandwich and tip the trans-gender waiter .. out of here into norooz time cya bastards lata ......

Mr. Flopnuts
03-20-2010, 12:53 PM
norooz is everywhere like blindness is to light .. norooz your ass with axle-grease and flee the spooners in fright .. jump over-board into the wake of a norooz bound freighter .. enjoy your mustard and pickle sandwich and tip the trans-gender waiter .. out of here into norooz time cya bastards lata ......

Win.

big nasty kcnut
03-20-2010, 09:46 PM
HAPPY NOROOZ!! frankie.

Frankie
04-02-2010, 11:36 AM
:(

All good things must come to an end. Today is the end of NOROOZ.

Well, there's only 352 days left to the next one. Per ancient tradition, we have to go to picnic and let the sprouts from the NOROOZ table float away in the river (taking all ills with them). It's a nice tradition, but IT'S RAINING CATS AND DOGS HERE!!!

gblowfish
04-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Mr. Fax Tried a Good Friday Poem
Using "Norooz"; it's true, if you know him,
His rhymes are sublime,
Except, maybe this time
We should get him a steak
and then blow him!

ClevelandBronco
04-02-2010, 11:59 AM

Well, there's only 352 days left to the next one. Per ancient tradition, we have to go to picnic and let the sprouts from the NOROOZ table float away in the river (taking all ills with them). It's a nice tradition, but IT'S RAINING CATS AND DOGS HERE!!!

May those 352 days be peaceful and fruitful, Frankie.

The Franchise
04-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Is this some kind of hippy holiday?

Dr. Van Halen
04-02-2010, 01:14 PM

Our friends at Wikipedia say that today is also Dorugh-e Sizdah, literally meaning "the lie of the thirteenth", which is the process of lying to someone and making them believe it (similar to April Fools Day). What a strange coincidence that April Fools and the end of Norooz come at the same time!

FAX
04-02-2010, 01:56 PM
I knew all along that Mr. Frankie was making up all this NOROOZ stuff.

That's why I pretended to write such horrible poetisms.

FAX

Frankie
04-02-2010, 05:47 PM
May those 352 days be peaceful and fruitful, Frankie.

Thanks dude. For a usual "nemesis" you're alright. ;)

Frankie
04-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Our friends at Wikipedia say that today is also Dorugh-e Sizdah, literally meaning "the lie of the thirteenth", which is the process of lying to someone and making them believe it (similar to April Fools Day). What a strange coincidence that April Fools and the end of Norooz come at the same time!

Wilki actually has correct info?!!!

Frankie
04-02-2010, 05:54 PM
I knew all along that Mr. Frankie was making up all this NOROOZ stuff.

That's why I pretended to write such horrible poetisms.

FAX

Yes, Mr. FAX.... "That's the ticket!"

Now that you have temporarily joined us mortals of rhyming let us at least rest assured that there's some glimmer of hope for us too. Do not deny us the momentary warm feeling of having idols on the ground beside us.