PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant: 'I'm not a bad person'

Quesadilla Joe
03-19-2010, 06:46 PM
There has been much debate about whether the Miami Dolphins should select embattled Oklahoma State star wide receiver Dez Bryant if he's available at No. 12 in next month's NFL Draft.

Regarded as the best receiver in the draft, Bryant (6-2 and 225 pounds) has drawn comparisons to Andre Johnson of the Houston Texans with his size, speed and athleticism, but concerns about his character have plagued the wideout.

"All of it is just rumors," Bryant said in an interview Thursday with Orlando Alzugaray of WQAM (560-AM). "I don't know why people are saying those things. I feel like if you're going to write something about somebody you need to ask that person instead of writing things like that. I surround myself with positive people. I don't have time to get into trouble. I'm trying to pursue my dream, which is to play in the NFL. ... I never did anything wrong. I never committed a crime.

"It bothers me a lot," he said. "I just had a talk with my advisor and my agent [Wednesday], and I told them that I'm not a bad person and I'm not used to people saying bad things about me. I like to make people smile. I like to bring excitement because that's what I do, and I want to keep it that way. I don't want a bad image. My bad image in my childhood, that is long gone. I've surrounded myself with bright people and I'm going to continue to stay out of trouble and move forward and play in the NFL."

Bryant also dismissed reports that he's shown up late for practices and games.

"I've never been late to a game or a practice. My freshman year, I've been late for a meeting. But as my career got going at Oklahoma State I [became more responsible]. I overcame a lot. Everything is positive now."

Bryant said he believes much of the criticism he's received stems from his suspension for lying to the NCAA about his relationship with former NFL star Deion Sanders.

"I really do feel like that's when it started," he said. "At the same time, I manned up for what I did wrong and told the truth. I feel like I didn't get the credit I deserve. I know God is going to take care of the rest. That's Ok, though. That's in the past and I've moved forward. I'm just trying to do something better with my life. I just want to jump on an NFL team and make that team feel great about having me. ... Whoever drafts me they're going to get what they want out of me. I'm going to give it my all and play my hardest. I have a real strong passion for the game. I LOVE football. I'm just ready to get on the field again."

Bryant caught 87 passes for 1,480 yards and 19 touchdowns in 2008, and scored twice on punt returns. Last season, he led the team with 17 catches for 323 yards and four touchdowns in three games before being ruled ineligible.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-dez-bryant-nfl-draft-031910,0,3266559.story

I didn't watch a lot of Dez Bryant is the Andre Johnson comparison a good one?

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Yep, you guys need to get rid of Marshall and draft this guy. Maybe McDumbass will trade all his picks to St. Louis for this opportunity of a lifetime.

Bane
03-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Yep, you guys need to get rid of Marshall and draft this guy. Maybe McDumbass will trade all his picks to St. Louis for this opportunity of a lifetime.

They're ging to the SB,they don't need Bryant.ROFL

Mr. Laz
03-19-2010, 07:45 PM
he's sounding alot like Terrel Owens did at the beginning

Chiefs=Champions
03-19-2010, 08:09 PM
I didn't watch a lot of Dez Bryant is the Andre Johnson comparison a good one?

lol no........

Ebolapox
03-19-2010, 08:36 PM
I'm a good person... your mother said I could come in *vehrschnort*
http://titeprude59.free.fr/devenus/bob02.jpg