PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs PFT tries to fix the Chiefs

Titty Meat
03-20-2010, 11:49 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/20/pftv-tries-to-fix-the-chiefs/

Titty Meat
03-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Finally an "expert" says we should draft Clausen.

DaneMcCloud
03-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Finally an "expert" says we should draft Clausen.

While the rest of the idiots lambasted him for it, stating Cassel needs more time, like Trent Green.

:shake:

Dante84
03-20-2010, 12:09 PM
They said NOTHING.

58kcfan89
03-20-2010, 01:07 PM
They said NOTHING.

This. He says that we have all these glaring needs (which we obviously do), then says that we should/will draft Clausen without giving much of a reason to do so (although I realize everyone here can give 10000000 amazing reasons). He re-hashed every big offseason headline, said we should draft Jimmy and then says that we'll be in the thick of the AFC West with San Diego.... Once again we get more amazing insight from PFT...

Dante84
03-20-2010, 01:13 PM
This. He says that we have all these glaring needs (which we obviously do), then says that we should/will draft Clausen without giving much of a reason to do so (although I realize everyone here can give 10000000 amazing reasons). He re-hashed every big offseason headline, said we could draft Jimmy and then says that we'll be in the thick of the AFC West with San Diego.... Once again we get more amazing insight from PFT...

FYP

Hootie
03-20-2010, 02:07 PM
While the rest of the idiots lambasted him for it, stating Cassel needs more time, like Trent Green.

:shake:

I certainly hope you're not referring to me...

I never said anything about Matt Cassel needing more time...in fact, I've been on the Jimmy Clausen bandwagon longer than just about anyone (stating we needed to trade up using our 2nd round picks to land him in the mid 1st when he was projected to go there)...

All I said was...

If you compare situations...they both walked into similar situations in KC only Green had the advantage of working in Vermeil's system basically his entire career...and had better weapons around him...and they both managed to have abysmal first seasons with KC.

Titty Meat
03-20-2010, 02:14 PM
I certainly hope you're not referring to me...

I never said anything about Matt Cassel needing more time...in fact, I've been on the Jimmy Clausen bandwagon longer than just about anyone (stating we needed to trade up using our 2nd round picks to land him in the mid 1st when he was projected to go there)...

All I said was...

If you compare situations...they both walked into similar situations in KC only Green had the advantage of working in Vermeil's system basically his entire career...and had better weapons around him...and they both managed to have abysmal first seasons with KC.

Cassel had better WR's.

DaWolf
03-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Cassel had better WR's.

Perhaps, but they also dropped tons of passes, and there was no Priest Holmes out of the backfield or Tony Gonzalez...

Titty Meat
03-20-2010, 02:47 PM
Perhaps, but they also dropped tons of passes, and there was no Priest Holmes out of the backfield or Tony Gonzalez...

Green was also a more accurate QB. It's fair to say Cassel's ceiling is 21-25 td's and he'll never be a great down the field passer.

Johnny Vegas
03-20-2010, 02:47 PM
pppppppppppfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttttttttttt

DaWolf
03-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Green was also a more accurate QB. It's fair to say Cassel's ceiling is 21-25 td's and he'll never be a great down the field passer.

Cassel hasn't proven anything to me yet. If he doesn't improve on his release and accuracy, he'll never get it done...

StcChief
03-20-2010, 06:17 PM
grain of SALT....it pft.

T-post Tom
03-20-2010, 07:21 PM
He lost me at "...supplant Jamaal Charles."

FloridaMan88
03-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Give Cassel a franchise caliber LT and some WRs to throw to and he can have the transformation that Trent Green had from his first season to his second season in KC

kcmaxwell
03-20-2010, 08:36 PM
He lost me at "...supplant Jamaal Charles."

this.
Thats why we brought in TJ? To push out Charles? Get a grip!!

Tribal Warfare
03-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Give Cassel a franchise caliber LT and some WRs to throw to and he can have the transformation that Trent Green had from his first season to his second season in KC

ROFL, dude Cassel doesn't have one tenth of Trent's accuracy, arm, and leadership capability. I was on the Trent Green bandwagon when KC got him, and was still on when he had the bad season during his 1st year as the starter with the Chiefs. Cassel has better mobility, but that is it.

RustShack
03-20-2010, 09:26 PM

Shut the fuck up. Cassel would be one of the most sacked QB's in the league even if he had the OL of the Vermiel era. Cassel is nothing like Green. How about give him Andre Johnson and watch him turn into David Carr? Or give him Randy Moss and watch him me Tuasippowhateverthefuck?

I would rather have a QB who can make the team look better, not a QB who NEEDS a great team to look OK.

-King-
03-20-2010, 10:48 PM
ROFL, dude Cassel doesn't have one tenth of Trent's accuracy, arm, and leadership capability. I was on the Trent Green bandwagon when KC got him, and was still on when he had the bad season during his 1st year as the starter with the Chiefs. Cassel has better mobility, but that is it.

While I agree with most of your post, trent had a weak arm. Even weaker than cassels.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
03-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Shut the fuck up. Cassel would be one of the most sacked QB's in the league even if he had the OL of the Vermiel era. Cassel is nothing like Green. How about give him Andre Johnson and watch him turn into David Carr? Or give him Randy Moss and watch him me Tuasippowhateverthefuck?

I would rather have a QB who can make the team look better, not a QB who NEEDS a great team to look OK.

This.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
03-20-2010, 10:51 PM
While I agree with most of your post, trent had a weak arm. Even weaker than cassels.
Posted via Mobile Device

Green didn't have a strong arm, but no, it wasn't weaker than Cassel's.

Tribal Warfare
03-20-2010, 11:08 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

No, Trent had a very solid arm. He could hit an out route to a WR without the ball dying like a duck.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T9X40jotOQ4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T9X40jotOQ4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Chiefs=Champions
03-20-2010, 11:15 PM
pppppppppppfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttttttttttt

pro football talk?

BIG K
03-21-2010, 12:30 AM
No, Trent had a very solid arm. He could hit an out route to a WR without the ball dying like a duck.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T9X40jotOQ4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T9X40jotOQ4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Holy shit! Thank you for that! Forgot how cool that time was offensively! Defensively though.......:Lin:

BigMeatballDave
03-21-2010, 12:56 AM
Cassel had better WR's.

true. green had priest and tony.
Posted via Mobile Device

BIG K
03-21-2010, 01:17 AM

In contrast to your statement, I would love to see a video of Cassels pass attempts over 20 yards last year as a Chief. All the good stuff, completions, interceptions, dropped passes, over throws and underthrows. One thing I noticed watching that video, was that Green stepped into the pocket alot to avoid the rush......

Hootie
03-21-2010, 01:20 AM
Cassel had better WR's.

that's a joke...

he had bowe and chambers together for three games last year...

so if you want to say bowe or chambers was better than derrick alexander then go ahead, nice opinion, maybe someday...

aturnis
03-21-2010, 01:25 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

UNtrue. Green's arm wasn't amazing, but Cassel's arm is embarrassing.

aturnis
03-21-2010, 01:35 AM
that's a joke...

he had bowe and chambers together for three games last year...

so if you want to say bowe or chambers was better than derrick alexander then go ahead, nice opinion, maybe someday...

Yeah, and don't act like Kennison wasn't better than Chambers. No way in hell Cassel had better receivers, these are the worst receivers in KC for a LONG time. Bowe is good, but one good receiver won't do.

aturnis
03-21-2010, 01:36 AM

This.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 12:11 PM

How many times does Green bounce up and down on his toes while standing in the pocket in this video? He's got a huge pocket, plenty of time, and more than enough room to take a huge step when throwing. He was perfect for our system, but his line was the best I've ever seen.

Tribal Warfare
03-21-2010, 02:01 PM
How many times does Green bounce up and down on his toes while standing in the pocket in this video? He's got a huge pocket, plenty of time, and more than enough room to take a huge step when throwing. He was perfect for our system, but his line was the best I've ever seen.

Actually, the Cowboys early to mid 90's OL was probably better than that crew. Hell, you could drive a truck through the running lanes that Smith had

Hammock Parties
03-21-2010, 02:03 PM
Hootie, Derrick Alexander sucked ass his last year in KC.

Other than that I think you have a point.

Hootie
03-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Hootie, Derrick Alexander sucked ass his last year in KC.

Other than that I think you have a point.

Sure...

and Bowe sucked ass last year for KC and Chambers...fine...he was pretty solid...but to say Green had less talented receivers is pretty hard to freaking do

Hammock Parties
03-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Sure...

and Bowe sucked ass last year for KC and Chambers...fine...he was pretty solid...but to say Green had less talented receivers is pretty hard to freaking do

Receivers? Absolutely. The Chiefs' receivers were shit that year.

Throwing in Gonzalez muddies the waters a bit.

I think it's debatable either way. It's a gray area.

ModSocks
03-22-2010, 09:22 AM
Wow. After reading those comments i now understand how dumb typical Chiefs fans are. If those fuckers started posting on this board...I think I'd have leave. I'd be pulling my hair out and screaming at my monitor.