PDA

View Full Version : Suh to the Patriots/Dolphins?

Ralphy Boy
03-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Okay, given some of the talk about Suh falling to our pick, I got to wondering if the Pats/Fins would trade up to get him. New England is at 22 & Miami 12.

Fins really need a NT so they could stay and take Williams at 12, though they would have to give up less than NE to move up. I don't know that theres been any interest there, purely speculation that Parcells would love to have the kid.

The Pats have some ammo thanks to the Seymour trade and a need to replace him, as well as three 2nd round picks (#44, 47 & 53).

So would next years first, that they got from Oakland and would presumably be a top 5-10 pick, plus their first 2nd rounder be enough?

Our 1st = 1700 pts. NE 1st this year = 780. A high first in next years draft (based on a 2010 2nd rounder) = approx 500 pts, plus #44 = 460. Maybe another later pick to even things out.

I found an interesting article (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f2/parcells-draft-history-through-the-first-3-rounds-and-why-we-should-keep-our-picks-272273.html) over at FinHeaven.com about Parcell's draft history. Doesn't really have anything to do with trading down, just that he rarely trades away picks for existing NFL players and how well his first 3 rounds have performed over time.

Ralphy Boy
03-20-2010, 01:26 PM
We'd end up with picks:
1 = 22
2a = 36
2b = 44
2c = 50
3 = 69
4 = 103
5a = 138
5b = 144
5c = 146

Dave Lane
03-20-2010, 01:31 PM
I'd do it. Plenty of good Safeties later in the draft

Coogs
03-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Repost, but a damn good idea. :toast:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=224864

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-20-2010, 02:14 PM
I'd probably make that trade, because then I could still fix the defense in rounds 1 and 2 this year, and get a franchise QB and #1 WR next year.

Ralphy Boy
03-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Hell Coogs, I even posted on that thread 3 times, objecting to the idea of passing on Suh. I guess I forgot all about it, on a conscious level, but it must have stuck with me though as I've come to think it's a good idea.

Thought I'd take a stab at a mock, based on it. I based it on a few things: Arrowhead Pride's listing of players we are showing an interest in. Some are players that Romeo coached in the Shrine game. Obviously Notre Dame players. The AP listing is probably going to expand based on pro days that have yet to come.

1 = 22 Golden Tate, WR
2a = 36 Jerry Hughes, OLB
2b = 44 Vlad Ducasse, RT
2c = 50 Cam Thomas, NT
3 = 69 Kam Chancellor, S
4 = 103 Eric Olsen, C
5a = 138 Clay Harbor, TE East roster & Emery attended his pro day
5b = 144 John Skelton, QB
5c = 146 Myron Lewis, CB

BossChief
03-20-2010, 03:43 PM
When Romeo took the job he clearly said that we wouldnt be married to the 3-4. We would change up the defense week to week to take away the opponents strengths...If Suh falls to 5 we should take him and run a under front like NE did in 2001 - 2003.

Jackson
Dorsey
Suh
Hali

That DL would be able to take over playoff games without much blitzing and that is how you win games in the playoffs.

That is worth more than what we would lose by moving back IMHO.

Id like to see what a team would do to try and block Suh AND Dorsey (not even to mention Hali and Jackson)

Its damn close though...

Pasta Little Brioni
03-20-2010, 03:49 PM
When Romeo took the job he clearly said that we wouldnt be married to the 3-4. We would change up the defense week to week to take away the opponents strengths...If Suh falls to 5 we should take him and run a under front like NE did in 2001 - 2003.

Jackson
Dorsey
Suh
Hali

That DL would be able to take over playoff games without much blitzing and that is how you win games in the playoffs.

That is worth more than what we would lose by moving back IMHO.

Id like to see what a team would do to try and block Suh AND Dorsey (not even to mention Hali and Jackson)

Its damn close though...

I actually find this idea very intriguing and would be in favor of them taking Suh if he is there and they do this.

Nightfyre
03-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Link to romeo saying we weren't married to the 34?
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
03-20-2010, 04:39 PM
I would love to get the Raiders first round pick for next year. It's the only way would I consider trading down.

BossChief
03-20-2010, 04:49 PM
Link to romeo saying we weren't married to the 34?
Posted via Mobile Device

it was in his phone conference announcing him as the DC iirc. I dont want to listen through an hour worth of old stuff to find it.

It was right after he was hired if you are interested in finding it.

Dave Lane
03-20-2010, 04:53 PM
Hell Coogs, I even posted on that thread 3 times, objecting to the idea of passing on Suh. I guess I forgot all about it, on a conscious level, but it must have stuck with me though as I've come to think it's a good idea.

Thought I'd take a stab at a mock, based on it. I based it on a few things: Arrowhead Pride's listing of players we are showing an interest in. Some are players that Romeo coached in the Shrine game. Obviously Notre Dame players. The AP listing is probably going to expand based on pro days that have yet to come.

1 = 22 Golden Tate, WR
2a = 36 Jerry Hughes, OLB
2b = 44 Vlad Ducasse, RT
2c = 50 Cam Thomas, NT
3 = 69 Kam Chancellor, S
4 = 103 Eric Olsen, C
5a = 138 Clay Harbor, TE East roster & Emery attended his pro day
5b = 144 John Skelton, QB
5c = 146 Myron Lewis, CB

No no no. You don't understand this is Safetyplanet. You have to pick a safety in EVERY round and with every pick :)

ChiefsCountry
03-20-2010, 05:02 PM
No no no. You don't understand this is Safetyplanet. You have to pick a safety in EVERY round and with every pick :)

You really are a dumb fuck.

Coogs
03-21-2010, 09:08 AM

I kind of know what you mean. I actually came up with that thought about a week before I posted it here. The longer I thought about it, the more sense it made, so I decided to give it a go... really thinking I would get blasted more than I did. :shrug:

I still think it is a bit of a long shot Suh will get to 5, but I really hope we have our ducks all in a row if he does.

kepp
03-24-2010, 02:44 PM
I kind of know what you mean. I actually came up with that thought about a week before I posted it here. The longer I thought about it, the more sense it made, so I decided to give it a go... really thinking I would get blasted more than I did. :shrug:

I still think it is a bit of a long shot Suh will get to 5, but I really hope we have our ducks all in a row if he does.

If Suh *is* still there at #5, it likely means that Berry is gone anyway and, if that's the case, Suh is pretty much a no-brainer.