PDA

View Full Version : Ndamukong Suh excited after visit with Lions

Tribal Warfare
03-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Ndamukong Suh excited after visit with Lions (http://www.detnews.com/article/20100319/SPORTS0101/3190443/Ndamukong-Suh-excited-after-visit-with-Lions)

TIM TWENTYMAN
The Detroit News

It's unclear whether Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh will become a Lion when the No. 2 pick in April's NFL draft is announced, but the star Nebraska defensive tackle has left Detroit with positive feelings about the possibility.

"From talking to him, he was very excited," Suh's agent, Roosevelt Barnes, said Friday in an interview with the Web site Mike O'Hara Sports. "He just felt really good about the whole visit."

Suh, regarded by many as the best player available in the draft and the best defensive tackle prospect in some time, left the Lions practice facility in Allen Park on Friday afternoon. He spent parts of two days meeting with Lions coaches, officials and players.

The Lions have already hosted Oklahoma State offensive tackle Russell Okung and defensive tackle Gerald McCoy of Oklahoma this week.

Suh is strong, explosive and proved he couldn't be blocked by just one player in college.

The Lions, however, have to hope Suh slips past the St. Louis Rams, who hold the top pick in the draft. Most draft analysts have the Rams choosing Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford at No. 1. That is the best-case scenario for the Lions to be able to chose Suh, a player both Lions general manager Martin Mayhew and coach Jim Schwartz covet.

Suh has not given up on being the first pick, though.

"Not at all," Barnes said. "St. Louis hasn't made a decision yet. St. Louis is still in play."

Suh will visit with the Rams in the coming weeks, according to Barnes.

Barnes said Suh was impressed by the enthusiasm of Lions defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham and line coach Kris Kocurek.

"He really liked Gunther Cunningham," Barnes said. "I mean, he really liked him, and he liked the defensive line coach (Kocurek). He had a lot of enthusiasm.

"Suh said he thinks he can continue to learn and evolve under Gunther Cunningham."

cabletech94
03-20-2010, 07:11 PM
A lot of us liked Gunther Cunningham once too.

ChiefsCountry
03-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Detroit would be so stacked if they had took Oher last year.

Nightfyre
03-20-2010, 08:28 PM
I mean, he really liked him...

Ghunther is teh Ghey

bowener
03-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Trade Dorsey for DET's 2nd and 4th rounder (maybe too steep?). Just get in their FO's ear, telling them how great they could be by drafting a starting LT at #2 and picking up a superior DT in Dorsey for a measly 2nd rounder...

BossChief
03-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Trade Dorsey for DET's 2nd and 4th rounder (maybe too steep?). Just get in their FO's ear, telling them how great they could be by drafting a starting LT at #2 and picking up a superior DT in Dorsey for a measly 2nd rounder...

:facepalm:

Molitoth
03-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Lions being my second fav team, I'd love them to get Suh.

The Franchise
03-22-2010, 09:35 AM
I'd love to get paid $60 million dollars as well.

Sfeihc
03-22-2010, 09:43 AM
Detroit would be so stacked if they had took Oher last year.

100% this. Pettigrew will have to play at a Pro Bowl level for a period of time to take the sting out of passing on Oher. If it's even possible. I really, really liked Oher as a college player. I would have been fine with the Chiefs spending either one of their last two first round picks on Oher. Nothing against Dorsey or Jackson, I just think Oher is going to have a better career in the NFL.

Ralphy Boy
03-22-2010, 05:00 PM
I said the other day that Detroit won't pass on him and I'll say it again. Plus Schwartz has been bragging on Backus since the season started.

MahiMike
03-22-2010, 07:04 PM
It would take about $60M for me to get excited about Detroit too.

Chiefnj2
03-23-2010, 10:26 AM
I wouldn't be completely shocked if Detroit went OL and then Washington took a LOT or QB, leaving Suh to fall to KC.

KC will get on the phone to try to deal Dorsey to Detroit for their 2nd round pick. If they can deal Dorsey, they'd take Suh.

Balto
03-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Just keep Dorsey and play Suh at NT IMO

Lions get:
DJ
Waters

Chiefs get:

Dline: DONE

Jackson----Suh-----Dorsey

milkman
03-24-2010, 09:32 AM

Lions get:
DJ
Waters

Chiefs get:

So, let me see if I got this right.

Lions, in your scenario, are going to move down three spots for the price of an underachieving LB and a declining LG.

LMAO

The Franchise
03-24-2010, 10:06 AM
So, let me see if I got this right.

Lions, in your scenario, are going to move down three spots for the price of an underachieving LB and a declining LG.

LMAO

He's from WPI. That should help you understand him a little more.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-24-2010, 10:17 AM

No thanks

Nightfyre
03-24-2010, 11:46 AM

Lions get:
DJ
Waters

Chiefs get:

This might work if we ran a 34 similar to dallas.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
03-24-2010, 12:04 PM
This might work if we ran a 34 similar to dallas.
Posted via Mobile Device

That might work if it wasn't a fucking retarded trade.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-24-2010, 12:07 PM
That might work if it wasn't a ****ing retarded trade.

This can't be said enough....Some of these guys play waaaaay too much Madden and think all these moves can be pulled off in real life as well.

milkman
03-24-2010, 12:08 PM
That might work if it wasn't a ****ing retarded trade.

Matt Millen isn't running things in Detroit anymore, and sadly, Cunther isn't in charge either.

Halfcan
03-25-2010, 06:58 PM
How could you be excited about going to fuggin detroit-lol~~

Tribal Warfare
03-25-2010, 08:52 PM
How could you be excited about going to fuggin detroit-lol~~

He's gonna get PAID that's why