PDA

View Full Version : MU ** Mizzou vs West Virginia **

Pages : [1] 2 3

|Zach|
03-20-2010, 09:39 PM
#10 University of Missouri Tigers (23-10, 10-6 Big 12) vs.
#2 West Virginia University Mountaineers (28-6, 13-5 Big East)

Tip-off: Approximately 1:40 p.m. CST (or 30 minutes following conclusion of Game 1)
Arena: HSBC Arena - Buffalo, N.Y. (18,500)
TV: CBS - (Gus Johnson play-by-play; Len Elmore analyst)
Radio: Tiger Radio Network (Mike Kelly play-by-play; Gary Link analyst)
Series: Only meeting March 19, 1992; Mizzou win 89-78

http://marketpower.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8345158c869e201156e5496bb970c-800wi

KcMizzou
03-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Lets go Tigers. Nothing to lose here...

Play loose, and leave it all on the court.

CosmicPal
03-20-2010, 09:43 PM
As much as I hate the fuggen Tiggers, I'll pull for you guys. :D :thumb:

Make the Big 12 proud.

Spott
03-20-2010, 09:44 PM
I still have the last meeting on VHS. IIRC, there was a delay in that game because of a power outage.

Saulbadguy
03-20-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm torn. I owe gratitude to Huggs for what he did for Kansas State basketball. MU advancing to the S16 would further anger the KU blowhards. Then there is the whole "bracket" thing...

Either way - i'll be happy.

|Zach|
03-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Some analysis via RockMNation. (http://www.rockmnation.com/2010/3/20/1382335/know-your-round-of-32-rival-west)

The best matchup Mizzou could have hoped for.

I'm not going to try to convince you Mizzou will win this game. But I am going to say that, for a 2-vs-10 game, the matchups are pretty damn favorable for Mizzou. Using my rough "2 pts for a big advantage, 1 for a small one" test, WVU has a 3-2 advantage when Mizzou's on offense, and it's 3-3 when WVU's on offense. The size of some of the "big" advantages varies -- obviously WVU's advantage on the offensive glass is much bigger than Mizzou's turnover advantages or FG% defense advantage, but still ... this certainly backs up the notion that WVU has to account for Mizzou's matchup advantages as much as MU has to account for WVU's.

Where WVU is strongest

1. Their best offense is missed shots. So according to Ken Pomeroy's numbers, the Mountaineers have the 12th best offense in the country despite the fact that they a) shoot well over 20 3-pointers a game, and b) shoot the 3-ball quite badly (202nd in the country in 3PT%). How can this be? Because they simply rebound the crap out of the ball. You get the distinct impression that they will often yank up a 3-pointer just to get the offense rolling -- everybody crashes the glass, they grab more offensive rebounds than almost anybody in the country (only Old Dominion grabs more), and their high assist level (they're 15th in Assists Per FG Made) suggests that once they've grabbed the offensive rebound, they pretty quickly find somebody for a relatively high-percentage shot. It's an odd combination, but there's no arguing just how effective it is. And as a Mizzou fan rooting for a team that sometimes gives up a ton of offensive rebounds, it's absolutely petrifying.

2. They're just so damn big. This isn't the tallest team in the world (only 113th in Pomeroy's Effective Height measure), but as I've mentioned numerous times this week, every single player in the WVU rotation goes at least 200 pounds. As means of comparison, four Mizzou regulars are under 200 (Zaire Taylor 189, Marcus Denmon 185, Mike Dixon 175, Miguel Paul 172). Plus, all but two WVU regulars are at least 215 pounds ... while without Justin Safford, Mizzou has just two total (Key Ramsey 217, Steve Moore 264). Of course, Mizzou might be able to counter size with speed, but ... well, they're going to have to do a really good job of asserting their own identity and style because by simply walking onto the court, WVU asserts theirs.

Where they are weakest

1. They take chances that don't pay off. WVU's defense ranks well overall, but a pretty iffy combination points to potential Mizzou success if Mizzou can attack as well as they did against Clemson -- WVU's defense is just 250th in Steal% and 228th in FTA/FGA. This could allow Mizzou to win the ball control battle and get to the line a bit, but it all depends on their offensive mindset.

2. They may be big, but they're thin. WVU has five players who average at least 23 minutes per game, three who average at least 32 (Kevin Jones 32.6, Devin Ebanks 33.7, Da'Sean Butler a whopping 35.7). Because of this, and because of the fact that nobody below the top five average even 15.0 minutes per game, makes them 297th in Bench Minutes. Needless to say, that's not a great position to be in if Mizzou is able to inflict their style on you. Pretty clear that the identity battle will be of extreme importance in this one.

Keys to the Game

R-E-B-O-U-N-D. Duh. It's not rocket science to suggest that Mizzou has to be able to at least compete with WVU on the glass, particularly when WVU is on offense. Making them a one-and-done offense just murders them. The Mountaineers are the 2nd-best offensive rebounding team in the country, which is scary considering that Mizzou ranks near the bottom of the country in defensive rebounding.

If there's a silver lining here, it's that Mizzou has actually represented relatively well against the best offensive rebounding teams:

Offensive Rebounds Allowed by Mizzou Against Top Offensive Rebounding Teams
vs #1 Old Dominion - Expected: 9, Actual: 8 (-1)
#5 Kansas State - Expected: 12, Actual: 12 (0)
at #5 Kansas State - Expected: 15, Actual: 13 (-2)

It appears that when Mizzou faces such a strong offensive rebounding team, they are able to circle the wagons and keep them off the glass somewhat. Of course, that comes by slowing the tempo down and keeping guards back to help on the glass (all three of the above games were extremely low-scoring, especially for Mizzou). Mizzou will really want to push the tempo tomorrow, so seeing how they balance urges and needs will be interesting to watch.

Tempo, Tempo, Tempo. Only six NCAA tourney teams play a slower tempo than WVU. Meanwhile, when at their best, Mizzou is moving faster than any team in the country. We'll put it like this: the magic number is 67. For every possession this game goes over 67, Mizzou's odds of winning increase by 5%. For every possession under, they decrease by 5%. That's completely unscientific, but it's probably true.

The issue here is found in Key #1 above. To keep WVU off the glass, Mizzou will likely have to sacrifice some tempo. This shows you the risk-reward situation that Mike Anderson will be dealing with tomorrow.

How long does West Virginia get sucked in? When a team plays Mizzou for the first time, especially the Mizzou team that showed up to play Clemson, there is almost no question that their brains will get sped up at some point, and Mizzou will go on at least a small run. It happened to Clemson even though Clemson likes to play fast, and it happened to every team Mizzou played in last year's NCAA Tournament. UConn almost certainly would have lost to Mizzou in the Elite Eight last year if Kemba Walker hadn't gotten hot, as even though they had an extreme size advantage, they just didn't know how to slow the game down once Mizzou got going.

How West Virginia handles the non-stop pressure -- not just the full-court press itself, but the halfcourt defense, the transition offense, and all the other components that make up the Fastest 40 Minutes in Basketball style -- will dictate how this game plays out, and since a Bob Huggins team hasn't faced this style since he was coaching at KSU, we just have no idea how they will adapt.

KcMizzou
03-20-2010, 09:49 PM
As much as I hate the fuggen Tiggers, I'll pull for you guys. :D :thumb:

Make the Big 12 proud.Thank you , man.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Go Tigers. Hope you win, although my gut says Huggineers by 15

StcChief
03-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Go MU...any east coast loss is excellent.

KcMizzou
03-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Go Tigers. Hope you win, although my gut says Huggineers by 15So does mine... but I've be wrong before.

Mizzou's playing with house money now.

CosmicPal
03-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Thank you , man.

You're welcome, man. I'm still pissed and drunk over my team's loss, but I'm man enough to root for the other teams in our conference. My brackets are all shot to hell, but there's something about a conference rival making it to the FF that makes it all worthwhile. If KU can't be that team, then hopefully one of the teams that are still alive can do it.

Just stop giving me fucking grief about my team losing. :D

Saulbadguy
03-20-2010, 09:57 PM

I don't really consider WVU "East Coast". I consider them more in the middle of fucking nowhere mountain country.

MoreLemonPledge
Show the Beakers how it's done, Tigers.

KcMizzou
You're welcome, man. I'm still pissed and drunk over my team's loss, but I'm man enough to root for the other teams in our conference. My brackets are all shot to hell, but there's something about a conference rival making it to the FF that makes it all worthwhile. If KU can't be that team, then hopefully one of the teams that are still alive can do it.

Just stop giving me fucking grief about my team losing. :DOk, ok... sorry about that post in the other thread. Consider it taken back.

CosmicPal
03-20-2010, 09:59 PM
Ok, ok... sorry about that post in the other thread. Consider it taken back.

The fuck I care. That was a dumb moment in time that made the ChiefsPlanet HOF. We all have our moments. At least I made the HOF. Shit!

|Zach|
03-20-2010, 09:59 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ixwbOTAilWw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ixwbOTAilWw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Bearcat
03-20-2010, 10:07 PM
I actually moved into first in the CP bracket challenge, even though I had KU winning it all... I had KU playing WVU, so a day ago I figured I might not root for WVU if it got close at the end. Yeah, it would screw up the bracket, but it would be cool to see the Big 12 do well while seeing another BE team go down.

I'm less torn now... if MU wins, I'll have little reason to ever look at that f***ing bracket again, so uh, good luck with that, I guess.

Whatever.

Sure-Oz
03-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Lets go Tigers!

Reerun_KC
03-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Good luck Tigers... Should be a good game...

I will be in the air most of the day tomorrow, will miss all the games again...

Figures, in CO waiting on Stoops and family to go home, I get to watch the hawks choke one out... freaking crap!

give Thuggy Bear hell!

|Zach|
03-20-2010, 10:19 PM
Mizzou fans...RockMNation.com is an awesome website.

If are into MU sports and don't check it daily or jump in with the community you are missing out.

WoodDraw
03-20-2010, 10:21 PM
give Thuggy Bear hell!

We can only hope. I know we'll have most of Big12 nation on our side for this one.

Time to have a hell of a game and send this scum bag home.

KcMizzou
03-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Mizzou fans...RockMNation.com is an awesome website.

If are into MU sports and don't check it daily or jump in with the community you are missing out.I just recently caught the twitter feed.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-20-2010, 10:22 PM
I have a feeling I'll be shouting "GRAB THE MOTHERFUCKING REBOUND!!" about 20 times tomorrow.

swayy07
03-20-2010, 10:33 PM

Just stop giving me ****ing grief about my team losing. :D

lol noted man ask and you shall receive

duncan_idaho
03-20-2010, 10:36 PM
I have a feeling I'll be shouting "GRAB THE MOTHER****ING REBOUND!!" about 20 times tomorrow.

Neither team can shoot. I'd guess 20 is a LOW estimate...

KcMizzou
03-20-2010, 10:36 PM
It's weird.

I've got a good feeling about this game...

luv
03-20-2010, 10:38 PM
I actually moved into first in the CP bracket challenge, even though I had KU winning it all... I had KU playing WVU, so a day ago I figured I might not root for WVU if it got close at the end. Yeah, it would screw up the bracket, but it would be cool to see the Big 12 do well while seeing another BE team go down.

I'm less torn now... if MU wins, I'll have little reason to ever look at that f***ing bracket again, so uh, good luck with that, I guess.

Whatever.

Did typing that hurt? :p

CosmicPal
03-20-2010, 10:39 PM
It's weird.

I've got a good feeling about this game...

You should. Your boys played well against Clemson. You also have to remember that even though WV is heavily favored, they pulled the last few games out at the last moment. They've been buzzer beaters of late.

KChiefs1
03-20-2010, 10:45 PM
So West Virginia doesn't have a true PG? That is scary for them vs Mizzou.

Mizzou will pressure them from the time they get off the bus til they hit the showers. Bill Self & KU could learn something from Mike Anderson...pressure the other team when they don't have the players capable to handle it. Mizzou would have ran Yes Iowa out of the gym tonight.

I can guarantee you that Mizzou will pressure WVU the whole game tomorrow.

MU has nothing to lose.

DeezNutz
03-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Game over.

Wait, this isn't the KU game thread?

KChiefs1
03-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Neither team can shoot. I'd guess 20 is a LOW estimate...

I say the over/under on that is about 40 times.

Watching WVU play volleyball around their rim would be my worst nightmare.

KcMizzou
03-20-2010, 10:49 PM

Mizzou will pressure them from the time they get off the bus til they hit the showers. Bill Self & KU could learn something from Mike Anderson...pressure the other team when they don't have the players capable to handle it. Mizzou would have ran Yes Iowa out of the gym tonight.

MU has nothing to lose.Yep... and they've been here before..

Play loose, and play hard...

WoodDraw
03-20-2010, 10:54 PM
If it wasn't for the Big 12 tournament disaster, I'd say we tend to be a quality tournament team. I think our style takes a lot of teams by surprise, especially in a tournament where you don't have much preparation.

Clemson runs a similar game to us though, so WV knows what is coming. But that's why they play the games.

Play hard and play full time. As people have said, we're playing with house money. For a quality team, that can be a huge incentive. If you go home, everyone applauds you for breaking expectations. If you lose, you were expected to.

No pressure, just play your game.

luv
03-20-2010, 10:57 PM
When Mizzou wins, I know a bartender who will get endless shit from me next Saturday. Not to worry, I tip well.

duncan_idaho
03-20-2010, 11:03 PM
If it wasn't for the Big 12 tournament disaster, I'd say we tend to be a quality tournament team. I think our style takes a lot of teams by surprise, especially in a tournament where you don't have much preparation.

Clemson runs a similar game to us though, so WV knows what is coming. But that's why they play the games.

Play hard and play full time. As people have said, we're playing with house money. For a quality team, that can be a huge incentive. If you go home, everyone applauds you for breaking expectations. If you lose, you were expected to.

No pressure, just play your game.

Yeah, although it's pretty clear that Clemson runs a sissy, finesse and much less effective press system than Missouri does.

Their players and coach spent the week leading up to the game running their mouths about how they didn't need to do anything special or extra, because they were used to playing like that.

No. No they weren't.

Clemson is just lucky it shot so well from 3, or it would have been a 20-point blowout loss...

I imagine WVU will try to press break using Butler and Ebanks, two bigger guys who can handle. If Missouri can force those two into TOs, should bode well...

KcMizzou
03-20-2010, 11:05 PM
When Mizzou wins, I know a bartender who will get endless shit from me next Saturday. Not to worry, I tip well.I like your confidence.

xbarretx
03-20-2010, 11:06 PM

/end of thread :toast: go Mizzou!

KcMizzou
03-21-2010, 12:15 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fvfQdu0qIWY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fvfQdu0qIWY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

KcMizzou
03-21-2010, 12:20 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t1itdoku9C0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t1itdoku9C0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Priest31kc
03-21-2010, 12:21 AM
Pumped up & nervous. Gotta nothin to lose tho, we're the underdogs, & I havent seen any so called experts really give us a chance to win. GO MIZZOU!

KcMizzou
03-21-2010, 12:57 AM
Pumped up & nervous. Gotta nothin to lose tho, we're the underdogs, & I havent seen any so called experts really give us a chance to win. GO MIZZOU!Yeah, there's nothing to lose... and a lot to gain.

POND_OF_RED
03-21-2010, 01:58 AM
The closer it gets to game time the more I convince myself that we're going to do it tommorrow. Trying not to get my hopes up, but I'm sure by gametime I'll have myself totally convinced we will win the game. I don't brace myself well for losses. If we lose tommorrow I'll still be devastated. Let's hope we can keep some of the Cinderella Mojo going tommorrow.

|Zach|
03-21-2010, 02:12 AM
http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2010/03/19/16/new_MU_photo.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

lostcause
03-21-2010, 03:11 AM
Mizzou is going to win. It is destiny.

runnercyclist
03-21-2010, 05:13 AM
I don't really consider WVU "East Coast". I consider them more in the middle of ****ing nowhere mountain country.

not that there's anything wrong with that! The 304 Baby!

Let's gooooooooooooooo, Mountaineers!

runnercyclist
03-21-2010, 05:18 AM

MU has nothing to lose.

We do, he just can't shoot - MIZOU-LA! He is actually pretty damn good. Truck Bryant...not so much. Should be a good game. If this game is like almost every other WVU game, we'll let Mizzou get up by 15-20 and then come back in the second half to make it interesting.

KcMizzou
03-21-2010, 09:08 AM
WVU prepares for Mizzou.

http://www.twitvid.com/64F21

KcMizzou
03-21-2010, 09:15 AM
http://www.twitvid.com/ABAC7

Demonpenz
03-21-2010, 09:18 AM
My nipples are puffy and my titties are extra pointy...could be the deep fried wings I ate yesterday, or It could signal a Mizzou win!

KcMizzou
03-21-2010, 09:18 AM
My nipples are puffy and my titties are extra pointy...could be the deep fried wings I ate yesterday, or It could signal a Mizzou win!TMI!

TMI!!!!

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 09:19 AM
http://deadspin.com/5498374/

the link to all those vids, hilarious shit

OmahaChief
03-21-2010, 10:09 AM
M-I-Z

Dartgod
03-21-2010, 10:17 AM
M-I-Z
Z-O-U!!

duncan_idaho
03-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Z-O-U!!

Hit it... hooray, hoorah!

Buehler445
03-21-2010, 10:49 AM
I have a feeling I'll be shouting "GRAB THE MOTHERFUCKING REBOUND!!" about 20 times tomorrow.

I'm pretty hoarse today. My screaming yelling, and infinite profanity didn't do too much for my team. I just ended up with a sore throat and a TV covered in Bill Cowher type spit.

Game over.

Wait, this isn't the KU game thread?

Hey dude. Who was right? You can give us shit all you want, but I've played in and seen enough games to know when a team is beaten. KU could have pulled it out, but it would have taken some luck and choking by UNI (which UNI tried real hard to choke it away). KU was beaten.

Good luck MU. Tear up Thuggy Bear. MU's style allows them to play with anybody if they execute it right. Get after it.

DeezNutz
03-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Hey dude. Who was right? You can give us shit all you want, but I've played in and seen enough games to know when a team is beaten. KU could have pulled it out, but it would have taken some luck and choking by UNI (which UNI tried real hard to choke it away). KU was beaten.

Dude...

People were saying that with 14 minutes left in the second half. That's some front-running bullshit.

gblowfish
03-21-2010, 11:23 AM
No matter what happens today, I'm very proud of the Tigers. Picked 8th in conference, played tough in a down year, building a legit program, methodically working toward gaining respect and building a winner. I just hope they show up and play their asses off. They have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. I hope they can make Huggy Bear do his Moose Impersonation.

KcMizzou
03-21-2010, 11:24 AM
No matter what happens today, I'm very proud of the Tigers. Picked 8th in conference, played tough in a down year, building a legit program, methodically working toward gaining respect and building a winner. I just hope they show up and play their asses off. They have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. I hope they can make Huggy Bear do his Moose Impersonation.Agreed.

But still, I'm nervous.

KChiefs1
03-21-2010, 11:55 AM
A Mizzou win caps an almost perfect weekend:

MU to the Sweet Sixteen, KU loses to UNI, Max Askren brings home a national championship.

Mizzou_8541
03-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Playing with house money today! Let's go get a win!

luv
03-21-2010, 12:01 PM
My nipples are puffy and my titties are extra pointy...could be the deep fried wings I ate yesterday, or It could signal a Mizzou win!

TMI!

TMI!!!!

KcMizzou, you wouldn't be saying that if you were quoting Katipan or someone hot like that. :p

lostcause
03-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Go Tigerz!

Silock
03-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Good luck, Tigers.

KChiefs1
03-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Tip is officially 1:42pm

BigOlChiefsfan
03-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Good luck Tigers.

|Zach|
03-21-2010, 12:32 PM
http://www.cinemalogue.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/ho-0229r.jpg

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 12:42 PM
let's go MU

OnTheWarpath15
03-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Here you go, Tiger fans.

http://www.gusjohnsongetsbuckets.com/

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 12:44 PM
fuck

OnTheWarpath15
03-21-2010, 12:44 PM

There's one.

Quesadilla Joe
03-21-2010, 12:45 PM
Game Over ROFL MU can't hang with the Mountaineers.

dirk digler
finally

Quesadilla Joe
Game Over ROFL MU can't hang with the Mountaineers.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 12:46 PM
bail out call.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Good luck MU. Tear up Thuggy Bear. MU's style allows them to play with anybody if they execute it right. Get after it.

Good luck, Tigers.

I wanted to jump in the fray last night sooooo bad. There are some serious fucking KU trolls on this board and I would've thoroughly enjoyed smacking them senseless in their darkest hour.

These are a couple of examples of why I couldn't.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 12:49 PM
We're forcing them to run.

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 12:53 PM
good trap

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 12:54 PM
What's the matter, Thuggins, no police horse around for one of your recruits to punch?

Quesadilla Joe
03-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Why are they pressing? Probably cuz they know they are overmatched without pressing.

Quesadilla Joe
03-21-2010, 12:56 PM
WVU is beastly in a halfcourt offense. One of the best passing teams in the country.

Bane
03-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Why are they pressing? Probably cuz they know they are overmatched without pressing.

Thats about like saying they're playing defense because if they don't the other team will score more points.STFU

swayy07
03-21-2010, 12:58 PM
mizzou needs to pick it up and stop letting them take those little mid range jump shots un-contested

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 12:59 PM
They press everyone all the time because that's their scheme, dolt.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Jesus, at least call a kicked ball, you dumb motherfuckers.

Quesadilla Joe
03-21-2010, 01:00 PM
They press everyone all the time because that's their scheme, dolt.

So they rely on cheap turnovers to win games? Got it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 01:01 PM

KnowCoMo

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 01:01 PM

They aren't cheap when you force the other team to make mistakes, you dumb motherfucker.

Quesadilla Joe
03-21-2010, 01:03 PM
They aren't cheap when you force the other team to make mistakes, you dumb mother****er.

That's fine. That press won't be effective against a good passing team like WVU.

03-21-2010, 01:04 PM

What exactly is a cheap turnover?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 01:04 PM
That's fine. That press won't be effective against a good passing team like WVU.

It's not about passing. It's about the expenditure of energy.

Bane
03-21-2010, 01:05 PM
They aren't cheap when you force the other team to make mistakes, you dumb mother****er.

When you call trick plays that fool idiot head coaches and force turnovers,that leads you to wins,it means you are out classed and makes you bottom feeders /Knomo

swayy07

are you from WV cause your shit has Homer written all over it

Quesadilla Joe
What exactly is a cheap turnover?

I just think pressing all game just shows that you know that you don't have the talent to beat good teams straight up. So you rely on turnovers to win games and if you don't get them you lose.

Quesadilla Joe
03-21-2010, 01:06 PM
are you from WV cause your shit has Homer written all over it

Yeah I live in WV.

KcMizzou
03-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Dixon's provided a nice little spark.

Quesadilla Joe
03-21-2010, 01:07 PM
It's not about passing. It's about the expenditure of energy.

Just because you are being pressed doesn't mean you have to expend a bunch of energy. If you can stay calm and pass the ball where it is supposed to go it shouldn't tire anybody out. A smart team won't get into a running match against MU and will let MU tire themselves out by chasing the ball.

03-21-2010, 01:08 PM
I just think pressing all game just shows that you know that you don't have the talent to beat good teams straight up. So you rely on turnovers to win games and if you don't get them you lose.

I would call it good strategy. Find a weakness and exploit it.

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 01:08 PM
Can there be a game where someone doesn't go bananas from behind the arc against MU?

58kcfan89
03-21-2010, 01:09 PM
K-State fan here, and I'll get out after I say a couple things:

1: I'm jealous that you get to listen to Gus Johnson call this game & the one on Friday. He's my favorite commentator.

2: I hope he's able to call a Mizzou win. I picked you guys over WVU because I don't think they/Huggins can hold a lead late in a game very well and your pressure should be able to keep you in it. So, for today at least, I'm going for Mizzou.

Edit: That...and the fact that I hate Huggins (screw that whole "he got us Martin" thing). Big 12 all the way, baby!

Pablo
03-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Hrrmmm...this is odd.

I'm watching this game and I'm not rooting against MU. I can't figure out if I'm simply disinterested in the game and college ball altogether right now or if I'm just really pulling for the Big 12 and against the Big East.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 01:11 PM
They just swallowed their whistle on the same rebound on Mizzou's last possession.

Just be consistent, blue.

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 01:12 PM
The missed layups good lord cmon

03-21-2010, 01:12 PM
Hrrmmm...this is odd.

I'm watching this game and I'm not rooting against MU. I can't figure out if I'm simply disinterested in the game and college ball altogether right now or if I'm just really pulling for the Big 12 and against the Big East.

I am rooting against WVU

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 01:14 PM
The missed layups good lord cmon

I like Tiller's heart, but I'm not going to miss him.

Bearcat2005
03-21-2010, 01:17 PM
alright!

Sure-Oz
big 3

Sure-Oz
I like Tiller's heart, but I'm not going to miss him.

agreed lol

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 01:18 PM
another fucking missed layup by tiller

Bearcat2005
03-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Tiller is killing me

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 01:19 PM
PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Ok, fuck Butler in the neck with a chainsaw.

Sure-Oz
nice dish

Sure-Oz
ENGLISH!

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 01:22 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BhsTmiK7Q2M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BhsTmiK7Q2M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Bearcat2005
HUGE

Sure-Oz
That was kindve a bitch foul there

Earthbound
I think WV is getting tired already. I like our chances.

swayy07
Ok, **** Butler in the neck with a chainsaw.

can we make a page just dedicated to your quotes?

dirk digler
WV getting frustrated

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 01:23 PM
CRASH THE GAAAAAAAAAATE!!!

KcMizzou
03-21-2010, 01:24 PM
Mos Def

Bearcat2005
03-21-2010, 01:25 PM
WV getting frustrated

thats b/c mizzou is runnin that full court press, you know the whole reason we run it is b/c we don't have enough talent, not to shake teams up..... ask knowcomo

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Damn you english

and wow what a block

Dartgod
6 blocks? Are you shitting me?!

Earthbound
Outstanding def

Sure-Oz
Charge!

'Hamas' Jenkins
Rein yourself in, Kimmie.

KcMizzou
Great job, Stevie.

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 01:27 PM
damn guys slwo the fuck down

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 01:27 PM
MU getting reckless

Quesadilla Joe
03-21-2010, 01:28 PM
MU wouldn't even be in this game if WVU could make more than 33% of their shots.

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 01:29 PM
Man, another attempt at a close shot missed

'Hamas' Jenkins
We can't finish around the rim. Multiple missed layups.

Earthbound
Dude, MUs def is causing them to not make those shots

baitism
I guess WVU doesn't foul...

Sure-Oz
MU wouldn't even be in this game if WVU could make more than 33% of their shots.

/madden

swayy07

your kidding right? they where making like 80%

'Hamas' Jenkins

WVU wouldn't be in this game if Butler wasn't playing absofuckinglutely out of his skull.

Dartgod
03-21-2010, 01:30 PM
I'd tell you that there is a reason they're shooting 33%, but you're too fucking dense to understand.

luv
We've got to rebound.

Sure-Oz
Damnit

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Mizzou is definetly hangin tough, they have to finish near the basket

Sure-Oz
Another damn missed layup

'Hamas' Jenkins
5 missed layups in the first half.

Earthbound
wow we cant keep missing those easy layups

luv

:spock:

swayy07
wow Butler already has 20? shut him down maybe we can start doin some work

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 01:32 PM
We've got to rebound.

We're not going to rebound against them. We need to finish.

baitism
25 points.... We are lucky to be down five.

Bearcat2005

funny thing is, mu isn't making shots either

Bane
03-21-2010, 01:33 PM

Reaper16
can haz

1.) hit shotz?

Dartgod
A bit of a sloppy finish to the half, but only down by 5 is a pretty good place to be. We play a little smarter and continue to wear them down and we'll have a shot at the end.

Quesadilla Joe
03-21-2010, 01:34 PM
funny thing is, mu isn't making shots either

Towards the end of the half they cooled off. I was looking at stat tracker midway through the half and WVU was making 33% of their shots and still had the lead even though MU was making 50% of theirs.

MU is shooting 38% now and WVU has only made 32%.

CHIEF4EVER
03-21-2010, 01:34 PM
A bit of a sloppy finish to the half, but only down by 5 is a pretty good place to be. We play a little smarter and continue to wear them down and we'll have a shot at the end.

Agreed. We had several chances at the time it was tied to take the lead but if the boys continue to play hard, we have a shot at the win.

Dartgod
03-21-2010, 01:35 PM
can haz

1.) hit shotz?
2.) meetyorite hitz nomo's howse?
FYP

baitism
Butler had 19 of their points.

KcMizzou
This game is supposed to be gravy, but I'm nervous as hell.

Really, really want this win.

Bearcat2005
Towards the end of the half they cooled off. I was looking at stat tracker midway through the half and WVU was making 33% of their shots and still had the lead even though MU was making 50% of theirs.

MU is shooting 38% now and WVU has only made 32%.

point is, mu can play that card too. If we were shooting 50 percent at the half we would be up.

Bearcat2005
03-21-2010, 01:36 PM

yea i do too, to be honest MU has already impressed me this season, getting an NCAA win, but this would be icing on the cake. Not bad for a rebuilding year so far huh....

CHIEF4EVER
03-21-2010, 01:37 PM
point is, mu can play that card too. If we were shooting 50 percent at the half we would be up.

Yep, both teams threw up a lot of bricks. The only thing I would say is Mizzou's weakness right now is that they are not getting enough pressure on the press.

Sure-Oz
anyone follow bob fescoe on twitter? dude fucking has been crying since the KU loss and bitching about mizzou teh whole time

KcMizzou
yea i do too, to be honest MU has already impressed me this season, getting an NCAA win, but this would be icing on the cake. Not bad for a rebuilding year so far huh....Not bad at all.

KcMizzou
03-21-2010, 01:38 PM
anyone follow bob fescoe on twitter? dude fucking has been crying since the KU loss and bitching about mizzou teh whole timeNo way in hell I'd subject myself to that.

OnTheWarpath15
anyone follow bob fescoe on twitter? dude fucking has been crying since the KU loss and bitching about mizzou teh whole time

That guy is the poster child for douchebag KU fan.

Sure-Oz

Zactly

'Hamas' Jenkins
If the second half plays out like the first, I'm mailing a "buckwheat" pillow filled with seeds from the Alomar forest to De'sean Butler.

Bearcat2005
03-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Yep, both teams threw up a lot of bricks. The only thing I would say is Mizzou's weakness right now is that they are not getting enough pressure on the press.

Yea that and I would say shooting percentage, all year we haven't been a strong shooting team, especially behind the arch.

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 01:40 PM
That guy is the poster child for douchebag KU fan.

It's pretty funny watching nick wright call him out on it as well. Fescoe acts like a douche on most of his tweets, everything from making fun of fat people while hes at a bar to american idol

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 01:41 PM
No way in hell I'd subject myself to that.

I dont care for him, he acts like a douche in the worst way. I can't help but respond to some tweets but he never replies. He def. is the douchebag ku fan as OTWP said

OnTheWarpath15
03-21-2010, 01:41 PM
It's pretty funny watching nick wright call him out on it as well. Fescoe acts like a douche on most of his tweets, everything from making fun of fat people while hes at a bar to american idol

He's making fun of fat people?

Unless the guy has lost 60 pounds since the last time I saw him, he IS one of those fat people.

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 01:44 PM
He's making fun of fat people?

Unless the guy has lost 60 pounds since the last time I saw him, he IS one of those fat people.

yes he has, one tweet i saw maybe a month ago was when he was at a bar and said 'there is a pig eating chili, eat pig eat' or something to that degree and something like saying 'you're a pig don't you know that?' i can't remember exactly but yeah he is a douche

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 01:45 PM
He's a KC sports radio personality. I can't say I'm surprised.

CHIEF4EVER
03-21-2010, 01:46 PM
Yea that and I would say shooting percentage, all year we haven't been a strong shooting team, especially behind the arch.

Good point. On that same note, WV got a couple of cheap 3's. I think it wasn't because they worked themselves open but rather lack of pressure/defensive disorganization that allowed them to shoot those. JMO.

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 01:47 PM
He's a KC sports radio personality. I can't say I'm surprised.

I had no idea how much of a db he was till i started following him on twitter

DeezNutz
03-21-2010, 01:48 PM
We're not going to rebound against them. We need to finish.

Disagree with the former but agree with the latter.

Rebounding has absolutely nothing to do with size and everything to do with will.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Disagree with the former but agree with the latter.

Rebounding has absolutely nothing to do with size and everything to do with will.

They are one of the top rebounding teams in the nation and we are one of the worst. Crashing the boards is also inimical to our scheme.

DeezNutz
03-21-2010, 01:52 PM
They are one of the top rebounding teams in the nation and we are one of the worst. Crashing the boards is also inimical to our scheme.

Don't crash 'em. Just get a ****ing body on the nearest body.

Just a mentality, really, not a schematic anything. No surprise that Huggins-coached teams always ****ing rebound.

Pablo
03-21-2010, 01:53 PM
That was pretty smooth.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Don't count on that going in too often, English.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Huggins is such an inveterate scumbag.

KcMizzou
03-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Huggins is such an inveterate scumbag."What were you doing, motherfucker!?!?"

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 01:57 PM
19 points from butler damn

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 01:59 PM
5 seconds

'Hamas' Jenkins
CHEAP TURNOVER!!

dirk digler
good d

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Ugly shot JT

dirk digler
cmon Tiller you have to make that shot

CHIEF4EVER
Damn, we can't keep shooting these bricks.

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 02:01 PM
offensive foul!

CHEAP TURNOVER!!

ROFL

Sure-Oz
Good hustle but damn we have to make these close shots

baitism
Only the third foul on that sequence...

Sure-Oz
Damn ft's!

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Bowers playing with an injured wrist?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Bowers:

http://i33.tinypic.com/vfz8eb.gif

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 02:03 PM
alot of ft attempts for WVU

baitism
We need to get the lead. Can't seem to get even.

Sure-Oz
OMG the missed lay ups are killing us

dirk digler
can't hit shit

baitism
Ramsey and Bowers are shitting the bed.

'Hamas' Jenkins
There is a fucking lid on that cocksucker.

WoodDraw
03-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Make some shots please. Thanks!

teedubya
Good luck, guys. Get your glory.

Sure-Oz
OK WTF WAS THAT

'Hamas' Jenkins
Bring in Denmon.

Tiller is fucking killing us.

Dartgod
GODDAMMIT JT!!

03-21-2010, 02:05 PM
What was that?

luv
We've got to got to keep them from making a run. Also helps if we make some shots.

Sure-Oz
we have missed out on alot of points due to sloppy handling of the ball and the misses up close, we could be winning

OnTheWarpath15
03-21-2010, 02:06 PM
we have missed out on alot of points due to sloppy handling of the ball and the misses up close, we could be winning

Doesn't help that WV has been to the line 3X more than Mizzou.

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 02:06 PM
huge shot

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 02:07 PM
the jacket is off

baitism
03-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Need to get Dixon back out there. Denmon hasn't done shit in over 5 games....

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Doesn't help that WV has been to the line 3X more than Mizzou.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2ynhy5f.gif

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Need to get Dixon back out there. Denmon hasn't done shit in over 5 games....

Dixon, Denmon, I'd even take Paul over Tiller right now. He's completely out of control.

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 02:10 PM
Needed that 3

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 02:11 PM
STRIPED.

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Wow, WVU doesnt miss close shots

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 02:12 PM
hit the fucking ft's

Sure-Oz
Butler again

'Hamas' Jenkins
Jesus.

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 02:14 PM
DIXON!

'Hamas' Jenkins
DIXON!!

KcMizzou
More Dixon, please.

baitism
03-21-2010, 02:15 PM
Fuck! Get a rebound.

Sure-Oz
Moore is playing solid

Bearcat2005
Lets go MIZZOU!

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Could they miss one bunny, please?

Sure-Oz
Dixon playing HUGE

Sure-Oz
U fuck Jones

luv
C'mon guys. Close the gap. Damn!

Sure-Oz
Wild hook by ramsey cmon guys keep fighting

'Hamas' Jenkins
We have to be shooting under 20% from inside 6 feet.

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 02:17 PM
GOD DAMNIT fouling on 3's

'Hamas' Jenkins
FUCKING BULLSHIT!!

WoodDraw
I'm not liking the momentum here...

baitism
That's probably game...

dirk digler
stupid stupid foul

CHIEF4EVER
Every effing time we make a 3, they do too. DAMMIT!

KChiefs1
Tigers just don't have it going today.

luv
He didn't hit him until after the shot, did he?

OnTheWarpath15
Seeing the replay, that was a VERY questionable call.

Sure-Oz
Man that fucking sucks

Quesadilla Joe
WVU has MU on their heels

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Seeing the replay, that was a VERY questionable call.

benefit of the doubt call since they ahave 20 ft attempts anyway may as well give them more

03-21-2010, 02:19 PM
That's probably game...

Not even close to game.

'Hamas' Jenkins
petegz probably just had a massive aortic aneurysm.

Reaper16
This offensive performance is sickening.

KcMizzou
That's probably game...C'mon now.

Lots of time left.