PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Clark wants Arrowhead opener on national TV

Hammock Parties
03-22-2010, 01:13 PM
This would be awesome. I would love to see us play the Raiders in primetime.

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1256

Chairman Clark Hunt said at the NFL owners meetings in Orlando, Fla., that he’s asked the league to put the first regular season game played at the renovated Arrowhead Stadium his fall on national TV.

''The league is aware of our request,'' Hunt said. ''They have a lot of factors to consider. I don’t know whether it will work out but they’re going to try to put us in a slot where the game would be carried nationally to most of the country.''

The league has a few options to feature the Chiefs in a nationally televised game early in the season. Arrowhead would be open for a Monday night game on Sept. 20, the second week of the season, because the Royals play that night in Detroit.

A more likely option for a team with 10 wins over the past three seasons is to match it with a marquee opponent on the opening Sunday afternoon of the season, Sept. 12, which is also available to the Chiefs because the Royals are in Chicago that day.

The Chiefs 2010 home schedule isn’t as attractive as last year’s. The Chiefs play against Arizona, San Francisco, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Buffalo as well as San Diego, Oakland and Denver at Arrowhead Stadium.

Otherwise, the Chiefs could begin the season with two games on the road because the Royals are at home against Cleveland on Sept. 19, the second Sunday of the NFL season. The Chiefs opened with two straight road games as recently as 2007, when they started with contests against the Texans in Houston and Bears in Chicago.

The Chiefs haven’t started a regular season at Arrowhead Stadium since 2006.

Regardless, the Chiefs are finalizing plans to share the renovated stadium with fans.

''We’ll have a series of grand openings for the new Arrowhead,'' Hunt said. ''We’ll have the first preseason game, which will be the first football game in the building. We’re talking about the possibility of having a concert which would lead into the season, not in conjunction with a game but as a separate event as a way to kick off the opening of the new building.

''The most focus will be on the first regular season game. We’ll make that the true grand opening of the building.''

notorious
03-22-2010, 01:13 PM
ROFL

Dayze
03-22-2010, 01:14 PM
keep dreaming Clark.

keg in kc
Chiefs and Denver, with Denver coming in for revenge after the beating to end the season, would make the most sense to me from a national perspective.

Frazod
Yeah, I'm sure they'll be all over that. :whackit:

chiefs1111
03-22-2010, 01:15 PM
well I got news for you Clark,not going to happen

Bugeater
03-22-2010, 01:16 PM
What in the sam freaking hell is going on in your avatar?

Oh, and LOL @ Clark for thinking they're going to give us the first MNF game.

ArrowheadHawk
03-22-2010, 01:19 PM
ROFL

Quesadilla Joe
03-22-2010, 01:22 PM
The Broncos are expecting to open the 2010 season at home with a Monday night game Sept. 13 against the Oakland Raiders. A league announcement is expected within a couple hours.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/03/22/broncos-next-schedule-request-indy-in-week-16-or-17/

Bowlen's request > Hunt's

MGRS13
03-22-2010, 01:35 PM
I don't think it's a terrible request. The city and the chiefs just put a crap load of money into that stadium. The raiders continually get MNF games year after year. The product on the field is just slightly more awful then that rat hole they play in. If the NFL is going to persist on cities subsidizing their stadiums then it should reward those towns with Nationally broadcast games.

ChiefsCountry
03-22-2010, 01:50 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/03/22/broncos-next-schedule-request-indy-in-week-16-or-17/
Bowlen's request > Hunt's

Your a dumbass that game can only be played in six cities.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze
03-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Clark - you're not even close to being in a position to ask for such a thing.

Your team sucks; has sucked for 5 years with no sign of improvement. When the NFL says you need to 'improve' in order to make for more attractive matchups, they don't mean fleecing the city out of money to 'improve' your stadium.

Even more audacious is the fact this request is made at a time when his GM will most certainly select an OT at #5; hell, will the opener even sell out?
I don't even know anyone with season tickets any more.

Goldmember
03-22-2010, 01:58 PM
hell, will the opener even sell out?

That's probably his angle, he's trying to guarantee at least one sell-out for the season.

whatsmynameagain
03-22-2010, 02:11 PM
i bet the concert he is talking about is u2
Posted via Mobile Device

jwazzie
03-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Mike Tirico: Welcome to Arrowhead Stadium, where last year's cellar dwellers, the Kansas City Chiefs play host to the up and coming for the last four years 49ers.

John Gruden: Man, I smell either BBQ in the parking lot or shit on the field and I think we have a winner.

Jaws: These two teams want to start the year fast so that at the end they can call themselves not losers.

Tirico: With the coin toss here is Danni Boatwright, winner of Suvivor....

That sounds awesome Mr. Hunt!

http://raidergirls.com/raiders_blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Monday-Night-football-espn-Gruden.jpg

Sure-Oz
03-22-2010, 02:23 PM
LMAO

Otter
03-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Clark better win a playoff game every 15 years of so if he wants that kind of recognition.

Titty Meat
03-22-2010, 02:28 PM
You can't get what you waaaaaant.

Hammock Parties
03-22-2010, 02:36 PM
For once I wish people would quit bitching about shit and putting down the Chiefs. Yeah, they suck. But this would be awesome.

Otter
03-22-2010, 02:42 PM
For once I wish people would quit bitching about shit and putting down the Chiefs. Yeah, they suck. But this would be awesome.

How would you feel if you had to watch a nationally televised game between the Cleveland Browns and Baltimore Raves on opening day?

Try to be objective about the matter.

Hammock Parties
03-22-2010, 02:45 PM
How would you feel if you had to watch a nationally televised game between the Cleveland Browns and Baltimore Raves on opening day?

Try to be objective about the matter.

I'm not going to be objective.

I'm a Chiefs fan, and this would be cool.

End of story. Fuck the rest of the league. Throw us a frickin' bone.

Carlota69
03-22-2010, 02:49 PM
Didnt the Browns play 2 MNF games last year? And the yr before that? The Raiders played a couple as well? And the year before that? Agreed, we havent been a very good team, AT ALL, but teams just as bad and seemingly worse have had national games, MNF games in paticular, and we havent. Whats wrong with trying to get it done? Opening day? Yeah, maybe not, But we certainly should be featured on a MNF game at some point dont you think?

Iowanian
03-22-2010, 02:57 PM
I've wanted the Chiefs to not suck for the last 3 years.

If Clarke had worried more about fixing MY gripe, I doubt he'd have as much trouble receiving satisfaction for his query.

Buck
03-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Clark's phone call with Goodell.

Clark: Hey Roger hows it goi....
Goodell: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Titty Meat
03-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Lilja & Weigmann will be the reason why Clark gets a MNF game.

cardken
03-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Clark: "I want a Monday Night Game, and a Sell Out and a Concert." Goddell:"You'll get nothing and like it."

Otter
03-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Didnt the Browns play 2 MNF games last year? And the yr before that? The Raiders played a couple as well? And the year before that? Agreed, we havent been a very good team, AT ALL, but teams just as bad and seemingly worse have had national games, MNF games in paticular, and we havent. Whats wrong with trying to get it done? Opening day? Yeah, maybe not, But we certainly should be featured on a MNF game at some point dont you think?

Monday Night Football is doable. Nationally Televised on NFL Opening Day? Not unless we're playing against the Steelers, Chiefs, Colts or Giants.

Frazod
03-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Monday Night Football is doable. Nationally Televised on NFL Opening Day? Not unless we're playing against the Steelers, Chiefs, Colts or Giants.

I think that Chiefs game is doable. :D

Bugeater
03-22-2010, 03:32 PM
I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why the Browns get so many national games, but as far as the Raiders go they have huge national gangsta following plus they are a polarizing team, people either love them or hate them. Heck I like watching Raider home games just to see the freaks in the stands.

FloridaMan88
03-22-2010, 04:13 PM
I'll put this as nicely as possible Clark...

Because your pathetic excuse for a football franchise has won TEN games combined the past 3 seasons and hasn't won a playoff game since 1994, no one around the country gives a shit about the so called "New Arrowhead Stadium".

You want the Chiefs back on national TV? WIN GAMES.

Simply Red
03-22-2010, 04:34 PM
laugh-riot

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-22-2010, 04:41 PM
I want 1989 Daisy Fuentes to bring me a plate of fajitas in the nude and tell me "you can't have dessert until you make a happy plate".:shrug:

Deberg_1990
03-22-2010, 04:52 PM
I think Clark might have an easier time getting his "Columbus Crew" franchise in primetime than the Chiefs. Thanks Clark!

OnTheWarpath15
03-22-2010, 05:10 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/1232vcw.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-22-2010, 05:13 PM

ROFL

RustShack
03-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Didn't the Broncos and Raiders open the season in Prime Time? Neither of them were supposed to be good.

ClevelandBronco
03-22-2010, 05:32 PM
...The raiders continually get MNF games year after year...

The Raiders have two advantages over the Chiefs:

1. For reasons that escape me, they have fans all over the country.

2. They also have people who hate them all over the country.

Those things together make for a decent audience.

RealSNR
03-22-2010, 05:32 PM
The Raiders get primetime appearances all the time. They're the only team in this division with a worse record this decade than the Chiefs.

If the NFL puts up Jafatcus in primetime on opening weekend over the Chiefs, that's just fucking stupid. If you're going to make a big deal out of opening weekend, then let us please watch successful teams. Not the fucking Raiders.

If you're going to put the Raiders on TV, then fuck them and put the Chiefs on.

Deberg_1990
03-22-2010, 05:35 PM
The Raiders keep getting slotted on that opening Monday night late game because they are one of the few teams on the West Coast.

Bolts, Niners, Raiders or Seahawks....

Bolts and Raiders have been part of that game since its inception 4 or 5 years ago...

MahiMike
03-22-2010, 06:10 PM
I think you're gonna see a bunch of experts jumping on the Chiefs bandwagon this year. Too much coaching talent not to.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-22-2010, 06:14 PM
I think you're gonna see a bunch of experts jumping on the Chiefs bandwagon this year. Too much coaching talent not to.

Yep. Big Names in the coaching and personnel dept. are all it takes to kick ass!

KCUnited
03-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Only if they bring Sterling Sharpe back to call the game.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-22-2010, 06:35 PM
Only if they bring Sterling Sharpe back to call the game.

I'd like to hear Shannon Sharpe mush-mouth a game just for shits and giggles, and hopefully one in which we ass-stomp Dungver just like last year.

teedubya
03-22-2010, 06:37 PM
I want Jenna Jameson and Nikki Nova in their prime before they got all tatted up and whoreish.

ChiefsCountry
03-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Basically Clark is asking for what alot of the other teams have gotten in the last few years. NFL has done it in pretty much most of the cases. I don't see it as that big of a deal.

CHENZ A!
03-22-2010, 07:07 PM
That's a real nice surprise Clark.
http://i41.tinypic.com/11qo3ll.jpg

Dayze
03-23-2010, 11:42 AM
I want Jenna Jameson and Nikki Nova in their prime before they got all tatted up and whoreish.

ROFL

MoreLemonPledge
03-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Halftime performance by Trace Adkins.

Dayze
03-23-2010, 11:46 AM
speaking of Trace...

what is this years dumba** Chiefs marketing thing going to be.
last year it was "From the 50...anythign is possible".

I'll go with "The Ravens Won a SB with Trent Dilfer. HOW DA LIKE ME KNOOOOW"!

sportsman1
03-23-2010, 12:28 PM
I want this. Screw the rest of the NFL. Every team under the sun is on MNF, and we never are regardless of the level of suckitude. I'm def going to make it to Arrowhead this year, but it would be great to be able to watch one or two games from my own damn home.

milkman
03-24-2010, 10:59 AM

So, what you're saying is that you like little girls.

Sully
03-24-2010, 11:06 AM

Yes you do.

Dayze
03-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Yes you do.

ok...2.:D

BUT THAT'S IT!

Mr. Laz
03-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Maybe as soon as the team doesn't stink

Maybe as soon as you try actually spend more than HALF the allotted salary cap so the team doesn't stink

Maybe as soon as you play as much attention and effort into the chiefs as you do your soccer team so the team doesn't stink

Coogs
03-24-2010, 12:41 PM
We do offer one of the most exciting offensive playes in the NFL in Charles.

Old Dog
03-24-2010, 01:22 PM

and our defense makes even the most pedestrian offenses look explosive, so we do have that going for us

Bugeater
03-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Meh, most people don't tune in to see RBs.

KCinNY
03-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Maybe as soon as the team doesn't stink

Maybe as soon as you try actually spend more than HALF the allotted salary cap so the team doesn't stink

Maybe as soon as you play as much attention and effort into the chiefs as you do your soccer team so the team doesn't stink

This.

Does Clark even attend Chiefs games? Doesn't he still have a hard-on to buy an English Premier League soccer team?

F*** him.

chiefqueen
03-24-2010, 05:01 PM
This.

Does Clark even attend Chiefs games? Doesn't he still have a hard-on to buy an English Premier League soccer team?

Yes, I see him there b/f games (I sit on the front row - my throne).

milkman
03-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Meh, most people don't tune in to see RBs.

I think a lot would tune in to see Chris Johnson, or Adrian Peterson, though his production fell off last year.

Charles has to continue to excel, but he could one of those guys.

But early in the season, there won't be much buzz about him.

Hammock Parties
03-24-2010, 05:42 PM
This.

F*** him.

*sigh*

Yes, he attends Chiefs games. Several per year. Clark may have been cheap with players so far but he does care about the franchise...hell he was there with his glass box slid open in that frigid game against Miami in 2008....so stop acting like he is some cigar-chomping silver-spoon jerkoff.

03-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Who does he think he is? Jerry Jones?

This stadium is no Cowboys Stadium. Sorry Clark. You sir are dreaming.

greg63
03-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Who does he think he is? Jerry Jones?

This stadium is no Cowboys Stadium. Sorry Clark. You sir are dreaming.

Yup, he is fantasizing!

RustShack
03-24-2010, 06:10 PM
There is more than one prime time game.. and opening weekend at Arrowhead doesn't have to be the first week of the season either..

ChiefsCountry
03-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Yes, I see him there b/f games (I sit on the front row - my throne).

I really dont know why this keeps getting brought up. He is at every freaking game, he missed the one bc his MLS team was playing for a championship and now all the douches doesn't think he goes.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-25-2010, 07:46 PM
I really dont know why this keeps getting brought up. He is at every freaking game, he missed the one bc his MLS team was playing for a championship and now all the douches doesn't think he goes.

Maybe if it was something manly that didn't pose a financial threat to the Chiefs, like say...Rugby! Then, the overall perception might be a little better.

Scrum FTW!

Johnny Vegas
03-25-2010, 08:08 PM
keep it realer Clark

Spott
03-25-2010, 08:18 PM
I'd like Clark to put together a team that was actually worthy of being put on national TV.

BossChief
03-25-2010, 08:18 PM
maybe he was asking for the 2011 opener...??

-King-
03-25-2010, 08:49 PM
The reading comprehension on this board sucks. Clark is talking about advertising his new Arrowhead can opener on National tv. http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3092/lolwtfk.jpg (http://img156.imageshack.us/i/lolwtfk.jpg/)

stevieray
04-20-2010, 07:01 PM
:hmmm:

dirk digler
04-20-2010, 07:04 PM
LMAO It looks like alot of people should be eating some crow tonight.

Bwana
04-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Dear Clark: Field a team that can win some games and we will talk again.

XOXOXO

The NFL

dirk digler
04-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Dear Clark: Field a team that can win some games and we will talk again.

XOXOXO

The NFL

:shake: You realize they just got a prime time game against the Chargers Week 1 at Arrowhead?

OnTheWarpath15
04-20-2010, 07:08 PM
I'll eat crow. I didn't see it happening. Then again, I didn't expect the NFL to put the 2nd game of the MNF doubleheader in a midwest market.

Regardless, we paid for it. Playing the 2nd toughest team on our schedule, and I'm betting we got our shitty bye week in return for this game.

Bugeater
LMAO It looks like alot of people should be eating some crow tonight.
Not me, we didn't get the first MNF game. :D

Oh, and LOL @ Clark for thinking they're going to give us the first MNF game.

Hammock Parties
Maybe we could give Clark some props, huh? Thanks, Clark.

ChiefsCountry
04-20-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm betting we got our shitty bye week in return for this game.

Bye week is NASCAR weekend at Kansas Speedway. Thats why we got it.

dirk digler
04-20-2010, 07:10 PM
Not me, we didn't get the first MNF game. :D

LMAO Ok you're safe

Bugeater
04-20-2010, 07:10 PM

dirk digler
04-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Bye week is NASCAR weekend at Kansas Speedway. Thats why we got it.

I thought they played last year on NASCAR weekend?

ChiefsCountry
04-20-2010, 07:13 PM

They did. Chiefs, Panthers and one other team try to request not to play at home the weekends the races are. NFL sometimes and sometimes doesn't always cooperate.

Reaper16
04-20-2010, 07:15 PM
NASCAR is the enemy of the Chiefs.

chefsos
04-20-2010, 07:15 PM
I'll eat crow. I didn't see it happening. Then again, I didn't expect the NFL to put the 2nd game of the MNF doubleheader in a midwest market.

Regardless, we paid for it. Playing the 2nd toughest team on our schedule, and I'm betting we got our shitty bye week in return for this game.Fair enough. Better than Goodell shipping Clark's ass to London for a week.

Dayze
04-20-2010, 07:16 PM
maybe Clark can ask for a token playoff spot next.

this MNF game is obviously the equivalant of a mercy f*ck from Goddell.

Bugeater
04-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Fair enough. Better than Goodell shipping Clark's ass to London for a week.
Speaking of that, I wonder who got shafted with the international game this year.

chefsos
04-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Speaking of that, I wonder who got shafted with the international game this year.
You didn't see? Niners/Donkeys!

KCinNY
04-20-2010, 07:18 PM

Yep...three playoff victories since the merger. The Hunt family is awesome!

Bwana
04-20-2010, 07:19 PM
:shake: You realize they just got a prime time game against the Chargers Week 1 at Arrowhead?

Yes DD, I do. Clark must have "the pictures."

ArrowheadHawk
04-20-2010, 07:30 PM

I went to that game against the Giants. And going home to Topeka was a cluster fuck at the toll booth.

Sure-Oz
04-20-2010, 08:53 PM
LMAO

OWNED

Chiefs=Champions
04-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Clark has teh maaad pull..

chiefzilla1501
04-20-2010, 09:22 PM
You know what's pretty cool about this?

No better time to play the Chargers than the beginning of the season. If history is any guide, Norv won't have that team ready to play until week 5.

Sorry. Just trying to find any hint of light at the end of the tunnel.

RustShack
04-20-2010, 09:23 PM
What do you know, RustShack was right again like usual.

Beerthirty
04-20-2010, 09:58 PM
I think ACDC should be jammin in the Parking lot and KISS opening in the stadium for the Start. I would also Like the girl in Dirk Diglers pick by my side! Then watched Russell Okung with the game winning run on the old fumblerooskie! Then announce to the World we are overtaking the Chargers in the AFC West!:thumb:

04-20-2010, 10:50 PM
You didn't see? Niners/Donkeys!Perfect.:evil:

Marcellus
04-21-2010, 05:27 AM
Sweet.

Real life once again proving that message board speculation about what will happen is well, just speculation.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-21-2010, 03:32 PM
NASCAR is the enemy of the Intelligence.

:)

Yep...three playoff victories since the merger. The Hunt family is awesome!

ROFL

Sweet.

Real life once again proving that message board speculation about what will happen is well, just speculation.

Yep, if only we'd spend some of that wheel-greasing $$$$ on real players at important positions instead of doing the ol' 5-tech/hand-me-down QB-shuffle, we wouldn't have to pay off the NFL to get a MNF game in our current state of suckage, we could actually EARN THEM by having a winning record, yes...