PDA

View Full Version : Apparently the Indy track is really slow..

Mecca
03-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Dexter McCluster ran low 4.4's at his pro day some said 4.39, after going 4.58 at the combine..

Wonder what Mays and Spiller can do at their pro days seeing that.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Dexter McCluster ran low 4.4's at his pro day some said 4.39, after going 4.58 at the combine..

I've been saying this for two years. It's basically .15 seconds slow, IMO. However, it's the only constant that all these guys run on, so running there is incredibly important.

BossChief
03-23-2010, 03:59 PM
I dont know... most players that walters has reported times from prodays of were very close their combine times.

Only a few examples contradict that.

Haden is one and he had back issues before the combine, supposedly.

That is quite a big difference.

You also have to remember that at prodays they are running in optimum conditions and some schools have their players running 39 yard 40s downhill with the wind to the players back and that might figure into this. Not saying it does, but it sure might.

BryanBusby
03-23-2010, 04:01 PM

I do remember there being discussion a year ago that combine times in general seemed slower than the previous year in the RCA dome.

BossChief
03-23-2010, 04:02 PM
times in Indy are always "slow"

Mecca
03-23-2010, 04:03 PM
If you want huge ones, go look at Virginia Tech's pro day, they likely have the fastest track of any team so their differences are ridiculous.

milkman
03-24-2010, 08:16 AM
I dont know... most players that walters has reported times from prodays of were very close their combine times.

Only a few examples contradict that.

Haden is one and he had back issues before the combine, supposedly.

That is quite a big difference.

You also have to remember that at prodays they are running in optimum conditions and some schools have their players running 39 yard 40s downhill with the wind to the players back and that might figure into this. Not saying it does, but it sure might.

Florida's pro day was reportedly run just after rain, so the track was wet.

Not exactly optimum conditions.

BossChief
03-24-2010, 06:39 PM
Florida's pro day was reportedly run just after rain, so the track was wet.

Not exactly optimum conditions.

I think his back tightened up before he ran at the combine.

His was the most surprising 40 from the combine in my opinion and there had to be a reason.

Hootie
03-25-2010, 08:21 AM
I've been saying this for two years. It's basically .15 seconds slow, IMO. However, it's the only constant that all these guys run on, so running there is incredibly important.

you're so smart dude...two full years? wow

Chiefnj2
03-25-2010, 08:54 AM

Clemson had their pro day weeks ago.

Mays will break the speed of sound.

Brock
03-25-2010, 09:01 AM
Spiller decided not to run.