PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink wing sauce recipe/ideas

MOhillbilly
03-24-2010, 07:55 AM
So i get home yesterday and the boy(6) is up my ass right off the bat about chicken wings. When are we gonna have chicken wings & will you please take me to the park? im not even outta the car....so the whole time we are at the park he is askin about chicken wings.
-So anyway he doesnt like anything hot or spicey and just eats the wings..yadda, yadda...little help with a sauce he might like...-
id like to do something special for him since his sister has gotten to run all over during spring break and he hasnt really gotten to do alot.

Huffman83
03-24-2010, 08:12 AM
This is off of cooks.com, I've had it and dug it, it's really simple!

5 lb. bag chicken wings
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. honey
1 bottle Teriyaki sauce

Place chicken wings in large bowl or roasting pan. Mix together all the other ingredients. Pour over the chicken wings and marinate overnight. Stir occasionally to make sure all the wings get covered. Spray cookie sheets with non stick spray. Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 to 50 minutes. Stir occasionally while cooking, until wings start to turn golden brown.

Dayze
03-24-2010, 08:13 AM
Ketchup?

....i got nothin.

KCChiefsMan
03-24-2010, 08:31 AM
melt butter and franks red hot together. Delicious and simple. Oh, have plenty of blue cheese for dipping.

Huffman83
03-24-2010, 08:38 AM
btw....I have only marinated my recipe for a few hours. So it doesn't have to be overnight to be good. It is better overnight though.

MOhillbilly
03-24-2010, 08:55 AM
melt butter and franks red hot together. Delicious and simple. Oh, have plenty of blue cheese for dipping.

He doesnt like anything hot or spicey. I love mine hotter the better....

Renegade
03-24-2010, 09:02 AM
I love Ott's hot wing sauce, but it might be too hot for some.

talastan
03-24-2010, 09:07 AM
Franks Red Hot, Butter, Lemon Juice, Honey, and minced garlic. Mix to personal taste. Simmer on low heat for a couple minutes until throughly mixed. Add Buffalo sauce to Chicken Wings (Deep fried preferably). For a little more interesting flavor add Tony's Chachere's Creole Seasoning.

tooge
03-24-2010, 09:21 AM
I saw a thing on the food network where a wing champ guy in New York did peanut butter and jelly wings. Sounds wierd, but I made them for the family and it was a huge hit. They are great.

he mixed peanut butter and grape jelley half and half. Dont mix into homogeneous mixture, let some of the peanut butter and some of the jelly bw sort of swirled. Fry the wings, then toss in the pb and j mixture. Fantastic.

jwazzie
03-24-2010, 09:23 AM
If you want real heat: Franks Red Hot, tbs of Tobasco, 2tbs of crushed red pepper, and a cup of butter. Both ends will burn but it is the best wings I have ever made.

KCFANinNC
03-24-2010, 09:29 AM
Fry/bake/grill the wings then toss them in melted butter, garlic, and grated Parmesan cheese.

VERY good stuff!!!

MOhillbilly
03-24-2010, 09:32 AM
I saw a thing on the food network where a wing champ guy in New York did peanut butter and jelly wings. Sounds wierd, but I made them for the family and it was a huge hit. They are great.

he mixed peanut butter and grape jelley half and half. Dont mix into homogeneous mixture, let some of the peanut butter and some of the jelly bw sort of swirled. Fry the wings, then toss in the pb and j mixture. Fantastic.

that sounds pretty awesome.

RJ
03-24-2010, 09:34 AM
MO, here is a basic sesame wing recipe. There are many variations, of course, but I can tell you that my 6 y/o daughter and 67 y/o mom both like them, and neither will eat anything too terribly spicy. Because they're baked the cooking and clean up is a lot easier and faster. Healthier too, I suppose.

Ingredients
1/2 cup soy sauce 1/3 cup water 1/4 cup sugar 2 tablespoons sesame oil 4 green onions with tops, sliced 1/2 medium onion, sliced 2 garlic cloves, minced 1 tablespoon sesame seeds Dash pepper 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings

Directions
In a large plastic bag or glass dish, combine the first nine ingredients. Add chicken wings; coat well. Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Remove chicken to a shallow rack in a baking pan; discard marinade. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Turn and bake about 20 minutes longer or until tender

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sesame-Chicken-Wings/Detail.aspx

Groves
03-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Dont mix into homogeneous mixture, let some of the peanut butter and some of the jelly bw sort of swirled. Fry the wings, then toss in the pb and j mixture. Fantastic.

You're trying to make this sound elegant, I realize, but it is what it is.

http://img.icefoundry.co.uk/l_smuckers_goober.jpg