PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs King Carl Photo Shoot

gblowfish
03-25-2010, 08:22 AM
Dear Greatest Fans in the NFL:

To quote George W. Bush, "Do you miss me yet?"

This morning there I am on the front of the KC Star sports page an article, about my fabulous bi-coastal jet set life. How my wife hobnobs with the hoypoloy in Miami Beach; how I "help out" at Grandpa Dick's winery -that means I fly to California and get totally faced for a weekend- and how I long to wake up and be near the water; and I'm not talking about that open cesspool you call the Kaw River.

Also, you can re-live the glorious, triumph filled days of winning and winning and winning regular season contests at Arrowhead, the Loudest Stadium in the NFL, and bask in my home sellout streak, my increasing ticket prices year after year, my leather clothing, the whole Carl Peterson experience.

I can't wait to see you all again when they put my name up on the ring of honor, right next to Jack Steadman.

God Bless you all. A Chiefs Fan is Born Every Minute.

http://tinyurl.com/ydf3ow3

Your Pal,
Carl "Delano" Peterson
Formerly LTGMIPS
And current jet-setter

Crush
03-25-2010, 08:29 AM
50 Pictures of FAIL with Carl Peterson

Special Guests include Andre Rison, Warren Moon, Gunther, and Ty Law.

Sofa King
03-25-2010, 08:36 AM
wow pic 7, look at how skinny Tony G was back then...

Bill Lundberg
03-25-2010, 08:39 AM
Ty: "Carl, where's your hand?"

Carl: "Between two pillows"

Ty: "THOSE AREN'T PILLOWS"

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2010/03/24/15/carl16.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

Delano
03-25-2010, 08:41 AM
wow pic 7, look at how skinny Tony G was back then...

Good to see you aren't the guy floating down the James River. I was worried when I heard some hooplehead jumped into the flood waters while evading the police.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sofa King
03-25-2010, 08:41 AM
and towards the end... why the hell is Moon bothering to get an framed jersey with his name on it? he played here for a tiny amount of time way past his prime.... it's not like he retired a chief... unless i missed that whole thing...

Sofa King
03-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Good to see you aren't the guy floating down the James River. I was worried when I heard some hooplehead jumped into the flood waters while evading the police.
Posted via Mobile Device

yeah... it was only 20 miles away, and i knew OF him, i didn't know him, i just know of the family...

The river is very very full right now... spillway at mitchell lake was roaring last i seen it...

MOhillbilly
03-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

lol. no shit?

gblowfish
03-25-2010, 08:45 AM
This is the one I find the most frightening...

Crush
03-25-2010, 08:45 AM
and towards the end... why the hell is Moon bothering to get an framed jersey with his name on it? he played here for a tiny amount of time way past his prime.... it's not like he retired a chief... unless i missed that whole thing...

His "performance" as the starting QB is the sole reason that the 2000 Chargers did not go winless. I never thought that I would actually miss Grbac, until that abortion of a game.

SLAG
03-25-2010, 08:47 AM
Why is it so RARE to see CP in chiefs gear/colors

Explains a lot IMO

Delano
03-25-2010, 08:47 AM
lol. no shit?

Yeah. I guess they forgot to tell this guy that the old "hold the drinking straw above the water to breathe" trick doesn't work when the river is cresting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Delano
03-25-2010, 08:48 AM

When you see it, you'll shit a brick.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
03-25-2010, 08:52 AM
funny in the caption for pic #50 they spelled his name wrongROFL

Dayze
03-25-2010, 08:52 AM
there are so many pieces of FAIL in those.

...so many opprotunities to add captions.

T-post Tom
03-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Greg Hill is the real deal. :)

T-post Tom
03-25-2010, 08:56 AM

What?!? Miss the opportunity to noodle in on someone else's fame?

T-post Tom
03-25-2010, 08:58 AM
When you see it, you'll shit a brick.
Posted via Mobile Device

yep. that & the red phone.

gblowfish
03-25-2010, 08:59 AM
Here's the actual story in today's KC Star:

Former Chiefs president Peterson stays busy
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

ORLANDO, Fla. | Try as he might, Carl Peterson can’t seem to put the Chiefs in his past. After all, he still lives in Kansas City, though he and his wife, Lori, have put their Country Club Plaza condo up for sale and may soon be leaving town.

So he still followed, if from a distance, the dismantling and subsequent rebuilding of the franchise he operated, for better or for worse, for 20 years as the Chiefs’ president and general manager.

“Lots of changes with the Chiefs,” he said wistfully during a break at the NFL’s annual owners meetings. He was in Orlando helping a friend, Miami Dolphins owner Steve Ross, market hand-held video devices to other teams and their fans.

“They made changes last year, and it looks like that’s continuing,” Peterson said. “Change is good. Hey, I made a lot of changes when I came in, too. When people you hired are no longer there, you feel bad for them. But life goes on.”

It has for Peterson. Soon after leaving the Chiefs at the end of the 2008 season, Peterson became chairman of USA Football, a nonprofit organization that promotes the sport. He helps at the California winery of former Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil.

He also has the current project with Ross.

That doesn’t leave a lot of time for him to keep current on the Chiefs.

“I’m filling up the spaces with enough things, three different things right now between this, the wine company and USA Football,” Peterson said. “I’ve been traveling to both coasts a lot. USA Football is in Washington, or close to it. I go to the league office (in New York), also for USA Football.

“I’m not lacking for things to do. I’ve actually traveled more in the last year than I ever thought I would. Maybe it’s a little more than I want. But I’m content. I’m enjoying the down time. I’ve been able to spend some time with my daughter and grandson. I went to the Army-Navy game. I went to homecoming at UCLA this year. Those are things I could never do or wouldn’t allow myself to do.”

Soon, he may be on the move. Lori Peterson still works for Populous, the Kansas City-based sports architecture firm. But Peterson said she’s been spending much time lately in Miami, where she’s working on the under-construction Florida Marlins baseball stadium.

“It’s not definite what we’re going to do,” Peterson said. “We’re looking, debating what to do. I’ve got to get back to the water. I grew up on the water. For 20 years, I’ve lived without water in Kansas City. Which coast doesn’t matter. I don’t care, as long as there’s an ocean and I can see it when I get up in the morning.”

As for getting back into the NFL, Peterson said, “It would have to be a really special, unique opportunity.”

There was speculation after his break with the Chiefs that he would join Ross with the Dolphins. For now, at least, there seems to be no room for Peterson in Miami

“The Dolphins have everything in place, and they’re doing a great job,” Peterson said. “Steve is doing a great job. (CEO) Mike Dee and (vice president) Bill Parcells and (general manager) Jeff Ireland are doing a great job. Steve has been a 25-year friend going back to the USFL, and I told him when he came into the league that if there was ever anything I could do to let me know. And he has.

“I’ll be candid. I don’t miss a lot of the stuff that you have to deal with as a president and a general manager. It’s seven days a week, 24 hours a day. I don’t miss the phone calls late at night when we have a player in trouble or from an agent who wants to renegotiate a contract after his player has a great game. That’s irritating stuff.”

As for the Chiefs, Peterson said he wouldn’t pass judgment on the many moves they’ve made since he departed. He said he went to no games last season and saw part of some games on TV, but not many.

“I was really happy for a couple of our guys toward the end of the season when they got a chance to play,” he said. “Derrick Johnson and Jamaal Charles look like they did a really nice job. You always hope those guys do well.”

He did acknowledge it was painful for him to see the Chiefs’ sellout streak, which began in the early 1990s in one of Peterson’s first seasons in Kansas City, end in the final home game last season against Cleveland.

“It hurt to see they had a blackout,” Peterson said. “We had a long time without allowing that to happen. We worked hard to not let that happen. It’s a great, great fan base, and they love their football.

“But there’s nothing I can do about it. It’s no longer my watch.”

Mr. Flopnuts
03-25-2010, 08:59 AM
It's me. It's me. It's C-D-P.

T-post Tom
03-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Carl's an easy target, but he did a lot of good things for the Chiefs. Good luck Carl, and continued happiness to you and your family.

Hootie
03-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Carl's an easy target, but he did a lot of good things for the Chiefs. Good luck Carl, and continued happiness to you and your family.

This.

Crush
03-25-2010, 09:45 AM
It's me. It's me. It's C-D-P.

WIN

gblowfish
03-25-2010, 11:08 AM
You can move into Carl's swanky Plaza condo for just under $5 million. Take the realator tour here (I won't Rick Roll ya, promise...)

http://tinyurl.com/yzx88yn

Bane
03-25-2010, 11:10 AM

Holy shit! That is awful!:eek:

Slainte
03-25-2010, 01:50 PM
This.

And this.

I can't bring myself to hate him. He turned around a moribund franchise that was a steaming pile of dogshit. He resurrected the literal joke of the league. Didn't hit the big time and that sucks...but he's hardly the first.

I don't want you back Carl, but I wish you luck iin the future...

BigChiefFan
03-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Mr. Mediocre had TWENTY YEARS to get the job done and didn't. He became a multi-millionaire in the process. Carl is the equivilent of the term, "spinning your wheels." Let's just say, he's no visionary, when it comes to football.

RealSNR
03-25-2010, 02:31 PM
He's so hot right now!

gblowfish
03-25-2010, 02:47 PM
And this.

I can't bring myself to hate him. He turned around a moribund franchise that was a steaming pile of dogshit.

He found doggie doo,
He left doggie doo.
And burned up 20 years of my life and thousands in season tickets.
Thanks for one AFC Championship game. The rest, not so much...

Halfcan
03-25-2010, 07:06 PM
well until pioli pulls his head out of his ass king carl is still the King-sadly